PDA

View Full Version : Out in the opening overs and always LBW why??

Bangla Mostan
July 29, 2004, 02:21 PM
There is something I cannot quite understand about our players, why are they always out in the opening few overs of the match and why is it always LBW???

I mean do they completely forget the rules of cricket every morning before the match starts and then slowly remember it, when five or six wickets are already gone and the damage already done.

Is it the lack of sleep the night before, hence taking some time to wake up and focus??

Please somebody tell me what is going on? What can be done to stop this propostorous behaviour by our batsmen. Its almost like being in Groundhog Day...again and again...and again!!!

rassel
July 29, 2004, 03:31 PM
CuzÖ..Itís an infinite loop! ;)

Flip Master Mick
July 29, 2004, 03:45 PM
mostan... if you remember we were very recently in pakistan and hence they very well know our batmens' weaknesses... prior to the paki tour they never bothered to pay attention to us... and we almost had 'em... our idiots haven't learned from their mistakes and it is very simple really to get somebody out if you know what ball gets them out... and that's exactly what they did... and of course they know our batsmen are too lazy to mend their ways cuz they are cut from a similar cloth... :P

potshot
July 29, 2004, 08:52 PM
If one learns from mistakes,it is called experience.If one does not, a player is still inexperienced however long he has played. So it is safe to conclude that most of them have playing history of many years but playing experience of zero days.

Ahmed_B
July 30, 2004, 12:18 AM
1...... is ur question
2. why the top 4 batsmen dont see the ball even in clear daylight?.. kana naki?
3. why their performances reduce with experience rather than increase??!
4. why always our batsmen no. 6-11 score more runs than our batsmen no. 1-5 ??

none of these questions hav any answer!
:)
Elementry my dear Watson.. elementry!
;)

[Edited on 30-7-2004 by crickethorizon]

oracle
July 30, 2004, 05:05 AM
3. why their performances reduce with experience rather than increase??!

....with regard to the issue of lbw, this is the most puzzling. I would have thoght that there would be at least a fractional decrease in this type of dismissal ( just due to more international experience). This might very well haunt BD line up in years to come and am hoping someone poses the question yo Dave.

Habibul_bashar
July 30, 2004, 11:57 AM
The bangladesh is like Hannan s....in open in In....(LBW)

SS
July 30, 2004, 12:26 PM
too lazy to move their foot on right time
and also offer shots...why the heck they choose that profession!!!

Habibul_bashar
July 30, 2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by SS
too lazy to move their foot on right time
and also offer shots...why the heck they choose that profession!!!
I also think this........every time they LBW

Bangla Mostan
July 30, 2004, 12:58 PM
I agree, they must be extremely lazy...as they cannot be bothered to move their feet at the right time nor pull any sort of shots necessary.

But why are they still selected in the first place and where does all the efforts in training go? Is it in their 'mass-torkari' or 'dhal and bhatt'?? The sooner they leave the field the sooner they can eat..I think that is the policy they have adopted.

Habibul_bashar
July 30, 2004, 01:02 PM
They are very lazy to move. So the always
lbw.

paco
July 30, 2004, 01:22 PM
There was a discussion about this on the newsgroup ..

- Of course, one reason is that their defenses aren't good enough to keep the ball out

- Also, a number of them (especially Sumon) commits to the front foot way too early. At that point, if the ball moves in, he has to go around his legs and play across the line to get at the ball. If you see videos of Sumon's lbws, you'll see what I mean

as the ball starts getting older, it stops swinging as much, plus generally the slower bowlers are introduced by then, hence the lower order don't really have to deal with this much.

just a theory

SS
July 30, 2004, 01:35 PM
what they do with the bowling machine
i think they should hire county players
from Pakistan, or Austraia and play
them in leagues...this is imperative
and send our bowlers to pace
academy to lilli or preferabley
in Eng or Auss.
send batsmen to the counties immediately.

Bangla Mostan
July 30, 2004, 04:31 PM
What our lads really need is to play outside thier own country. Play in English county leagues and in Australia, countries where cricket is at a world class level and the facilities 100%.

Aminul Islam may have iimproved vastly by playing in Australia, but his age may be a concern, but the other players must follow his footstep and thats the only way forward for our lads.:flag:

cRow
July 31, 2004, 10:33 AM
Its been a while i have seen bd play on tv. After watching bangladesh play ( because here in the USA we dont really have the channels to watch cricket) i was shocked to see bd batsman's footwork, nothing at all, thats the reason why there were so many lbw's.

AsifTheManRahman
August 1, 2004, 03:11 AM
Excessive schuffling across towards the off stump, playing across the line (bad technique) and the inability to deal with inward movement from fast bowlers is the cause.

Habibul_bashar
August 1, 2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Excessive schuffling across towards the off stump, playing across the line (bad technique) and the inability to deal with inward movement from fast bowlers is the cause.
You are right AsifTheManRahman.
:exclamation:

Ahmed_B
August 1, 2004, 10:32 AM
we may point out one thousand technical reasons of why these things happen...

but probably the sole reason is PThe Lack of Match Temperemant and self-confidence ... from which all the silly mistakes pop up (mistakes which the same players don't make in easier levels) !!:umm:

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by crickethorizon]

DotBall
August 1, 2004, 08:52 PM
Some additional points..... BD top order batsmen are not used to play good caliber of swing balls with good pace. In addition, the continuation of bad habbits and lack of foot movement makes them victim of LBWs ( :duh: ) to frequently.

I hope we get some good bowlers soon on our side who can test our batsmen often. It will take time but eventually our batsmen will learn.

Habibul_bashar
August 2, 2004, 02:26 PM
The BD opner batsman Hannan is out of team because he is always out in LBW in West Indies but Hannan is best opner in bd team.He will be come back very soon.:clap:

Iram
August 3, 2004, 11:43 AM
The Tigers are getting out in the opening overs because their footwork is not good. They are always playing wrong shots when the ball is coming to the stumps and their footwork is not good. They should improve their footwork if they want to solve this problem. For this improvement, our batsmen also need patience.