PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Lawsuit

Rubu
July 29, 2004, 09:17 PM
I got a email from paypal (yeah it ends blablalab@paypal.com) basically saying that there were a lawsuit against them for violating federal laws about customer billing or staff like that, and because i opened my account in this time faram (1999-2004) i might also be eligable for this payment. basically, if i claim, i'll get some money along with all others from where i've to pay for the lawers. i do'nt know what is this. does anyone get similer email?

it would be stupid to do something (claiming) without knowing what i'm doing.

but it will be equally stupid if i don't do anything and let the easy (but legal, a rare combination) money go. probably it will be $20 or something. still, i'm interested to know what is actually going on. does anyone else have any idea?

chinaman
July 29, 2004, 09:31 PM
Just common sense, how could a company admit to violating federal laws while the matter still pending in the court?

Besides, if it is a class action (or any action for that matter), the plaintiff, not the defendent will look for potential claimants. Defendant will look for this only after the verdict and only after the court orders them to do so.

Lastly, legal matters are still being conducted in old fashioned way, the postal way and public notifications are done via public means, the newspapers.

rassel
July 29, 2004, 09:31 PM
Wow agent!!!! Whatís your plan to visit Disneyland with your share!!!:lol:

Nasif
July 29, 2004, 09:33 PM
I got the email too...

Rubu
July 29, 2004, 09:44 PM
no chinaman vai, its not common sense problem. they had a line like "this email was send to u as ordered by the federal court" or something.

rassel, no, the money is not a real issue (of course i'd love to have some for nothing), but i'm more into knowing whats and whys...... and, not disney land, why not the best disney land of the world, our homeland?

[Edited on 30-7-2004 by AgentSmith]

rassel
July 29, 2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith

rassel, no, the money is not a real issue (of course i'd love to have some for nothing), but i'm more into knowing whats and whys.

i know i was kidding;)

Orpheus
July 30, 2004, 09:28 AM
hey rassel why are you so hyper all the time? ANd please dont repeat your stupid zoloft joke... it's only worth your own poop!

rassel
July 30, 2004, 10:37 AM
Hey orphy, have you seen me telling Zoloft joke or youíre too busy living in the rat hole to find out. I havenít use Zoloft joke in more than two weeks. Anyway, you might consider Zoloft proposition as a joke, but for many itís a real thing.

PS just look at iron mike, he is back in the ring tonight. Guess what he has been taking for his depression. Zoloft, so, it ainít no joke boy!!!

:duh:

[Edited on 30-7-2004 by rassel]