PDA

View Full Version : Asia Cup, an improvement?

James90
July 30, 2004, 06:43 PM
16 months ago Bangladesh had a woeful performance in the world cup...how has our batting held up now compared to then

v Can 120 v HK 221
v SL 124 v SL 190
v RSA 108 v IND 177
v NZ 198 v PAK 181 & 166

sageX
July 30, 2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks Habibul_Fan. I am feeling little better.

Bangla Mostan
August 1, 2004, 04:16 PM
Indeed thanks Habibul_fan, the stats are enough to lift our spirits slightly if not the results, so we can see an improvement iin our batting albiet very slightly.

As long as we are moving up.:flag:

rockpundit
August 1, 2004, 04:24 PM
I actually forgot all about the World Cup, the most pathetic performance I had ever seen.

Although well have to perform quite a bit better to be called "The Tigers"

TAIF
August 1, 2004, 07:19 PM
The good aspect of our batting is that the tail seems to wag all the time. I think when our top order clicks our batting line will have more depth than any other side in world cricket.

fwullah
August 2, 2004, 12:05 AM
Indeed thanks Habibul_fan, the stats are enough to lift our spirits slightly if not the results, so we can see an improvement iin our batting albiet very slightly.

Me, too - thank you Habibul_fan, only I don't see anyone else outside this forum will agree to that (as they're not seeing Habibul_fan's proof.

There is this little report on Prothom Alo that how much did Bangladesh get out from this Asia Cup - it says that Bangladesh is getting the same amount of money like the other 3 test playing nations, but not without some harsh words on Ali Asgar. So I sincerely hope that Ali Asgar pass through the 'lojja-jonok' kothabarta to the players - HIMSELF.

AsifTheManRahman
August 2, 2004, 12:34 AM
we should not forget that these scores were made on sub continent pitches, whereas the World Cup was played on the fast and bouncy pitches of South Africa. Besides, HK is way weaker than Canada.

Bangla Mostan
August 2, 2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Besides, HK is way weaker than Canada.

But we must understand as well that what happened against Canada was a one-off and I simply cannot see it being repeated again.

We never had any proper guidance at all to prepare for the WC, hence we played terrible in all of the games, games we could have competed much better in, had we had the right coach!:flag:

Ahmed_B
August 2, 2004, 01:22 PM
yes... canada was a bad accident.. nothing to be worried about it that much.

and I also dont agree tht canada is a considerable team just because we once lost to them by accident...
They hardly got any original player!

and thanx a lot to Habibul fan .... nice but simple informative presentation!

Habibul_bashar
August 2, 2004, 02:17 PM
The man is dav who change bangladesh. He has give two ODI for win And two test
d.......I hope he will give to win the test match.Very soon:great:

sageX
August 3, 2004, 11:49 AM
Who was the coach in the world cup?

rockpundit
August 3, 2004, 06:41 PM
One of the reasons we lost was because of the coach, Mohsin Kamal. Hes Probably the worst thing that ever happened to bd cricket, the only reason he coached our team was because of the moolah (money)