PDA

View Full Version : Reactions to McInness Match report

oracle
July 31, 2004, 08:58 AM
Everyone should read the U-19 coach's report. It is straightforward and concise. I am so glad that we have a direct link with a national coach. Makes life and the unbearable agony of defeat much easier to swallow. I secretly wish every organisation in Bangladesh could be more open and transparent. I would especially like to see more of an environment that fosters open dialogue. A dialogue that we have created here between Richard and the board. Some of his comments that I have extracted are here below:

Shamsu Rahman then joined Aftab to add 54 before Shamsu was caught at deep cover after being set up. This was unfortunate as Shamsu again had shown maturity and confidence well beyond his years. He is proving a fine example to his more senior team mates.

A positive of the Bangladesh innings was that aside from Nafees, Dhiman and Shamsu Rahman, the remainder of the batsmen were dismissed by good bowling rather than foolish shots. If this can be seen as a positive than there are signs of improvement in relation to shot selection.

One question I have is: Was Shamsur promoted up the order because of Dhiman,s injury or because of his somewhat aggressive batting performance in the first innings?

[Edited on 31-7-2004 by oracle]

mahbubH
July 31, 2004, 10:31 AM
One question I have is: Was Shamsur promoted up the order because of Dhiman,s injury or because of his somewhat aggressive batting performance in the first innings?

######
I think Shamsur Rahman batted at number 4 in both innings. So there was no promoting in case of him.

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by sports_fan_bd]

rassel
July 31, 2004, 10:32 AM
Question to coach McInnes

I know there are some decent U-19 players are well capable of playing for the national team. As you know, we are lacking players in both department of this current national squad that took part in Asia cup. I know Dav would like to add some new blood before ICC trophy gets underway in the U.K. next month. So, the most possible place to add some accomplished players would be your team. Now, if some of your boys call upon to join the big boys. Let’s say you have a choice between nurturing them for couple of more years or let them join the national team? what would you do?
:-/

Shish Ahmed
August 2, 2004, 09:53 AM
I've met Richard McInnes here in the U.K. A nice man that is really keen on seeing Bangladesh to do well and the BCB should stick with him.

Piranha
August 2, 2004, 10:00 AM
SHISH AHMED did you mention that you are a member of BC?

Shish Ahmed
August 2, 2004, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately i'm not a member of BCB
:(

Ockey
August 2, 2004, 11:05 AM
SHISH AHMED:

BC = Banglacricket

Bangla Mostan
August 2, 2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by SHISH AHMED

LOL... that is a common mistake..but theek hai..yei sub theek hai...The Coach is definately showing positive results in the mentality of our young guns....:tiger:

Nasif
August 2, 2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by SHISH AHMED

:)

Shish Ahmed, next time you get to meet the coach, you should say this at the first instant: "Hello coach, this is Shish from BCB without the trailing 'B', ie BanglaCricket"

:lol: