PDA

View Full Version : U19 3 Day Match vs Development of Excellence XI

chinaman
August 1, 2004, 02:38 PM
3 day practice match will start on 08/02/04 at Sleaford CC. Possible start time is 10:00 AM GMT. May be the boys will have a chance to rectify their blues.

I love the schedule. They will have another 2 day practice match starting on 08/07/04 against the same opponent before the second test starts on 08/10/04.

Good luck boys.

Mueid
August 1, 2004, 04:10 PM
will the live scorecard be available in in cricinfo or not?

TAIF
August 2, 2004, 01:46 PM
When can we get todays result???

Habibul_bashar
August 2, 2004, 01:55 PM
What the score of U19 tiger

[Edited on 2-8-2004 by pompous : There is no need to repeat ethe question and repeat your posts in general. You will get an answer if there is one avaialable. ALso, please donot just quote someon'e post as your post. The quote feature is there usually to highlight a particular portion of someone's post. Thank you for your understanding. ]

chinaman
August 2, 2004, 02:25 PM
I'll post the scores as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience.

Habibul_bashar
August 2, 2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
Thanks.Please post it soon of U19 tiger scores.:clap:

TAIF
August 3, 2004, 06:36 AM
Was there any play on day 1 ?

Habibul_bashar
August 3, 2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by TAIF
Was there any play on day 1 ?
U19 tiger has play day 1.But I don,t know
scores.
Did anyone know the scores of U19 team.

PoorFan
August 3, 2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
Dear Chinaman,
How long we have to show our patience please?
It will be nice i f you can bring some news.:lol:

Shish Ahmed
August 3, 2004, 09:50 AM
Forget about Chinman giving you updates (only joking lol..)

Bangaldesh made 466 1ST Innings
England Dev. squad currently batting are

180-8 at tea DAY 2

Trying to get more info...

Rain Stopped Play

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by SHISH AHMED]

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks Shish! Keep it flowing :)

Originally posted by SHISH AHMED

180-8 at tea DAY 2

Rain Stopped Play

chinaman
August 3, 2004, 10:39 AM
Good works, SHISH AHMED. Appreciated. The coach has non contacted me yet. And I'm reluctant to call him in match times to avoid disruptions.

Rubu
August 3, 2004, 10:44 AM
i'm waiting to see the first ever follow on forced by a bangladeshi team of any kind!

vote u19!

for senior team!

Ahmed_B
August 3, 2004, 11:00 AM
...wel even the first innings total is the highest by any BD team ever...!
very good sign!

though I got a feeling that these Dev.Of Ex. teams r quite weaker compared to the main U-19 team of England.

lets hope the team dominates the Eng. U-19 from this spirit!!
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 11:17 AM
I am expecting a century or two in that score of 466. This ECB team may be weaker but at least our boys know how to put away the bad balls, and not choke against the minnows. Just think back to the Hong Kong match. Our senior batsmen made mountains out of molehills.These cubs sure score pretty quickly. 466 and having the oppostion down by 8 for 180 odd by tea on second day is quite a convincing performance so far.

oracle
August 3, 2004, 11:19 AM
Practice matches after practice matches.. When will we nab the official wins?
Sorry pessimistic today:(

sageX
August 3, 2004, 11:32 AM
This is just a practice match against England U19 A team. Convinving win here is good but the ultimate match is the second test with England U19. That one counts.

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 11:40 AM
we will soon Godwilling! Keep the faith! We have toughed it for soooo loooong...there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Originally posted by oracle

Orpheus
August 3, 2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pompous
...there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Yeah coming toward us!!

Habibul_bashar
August 3, 2004, 11:45 AM

180-8 at tea DAY 2

Rain Stopped Play

Thanks SHISH AHMED.
Well played by U19 tiger 1st in......

sageX
August 3, 2004, 11:45 AM
we will soon Godwilling! Keep the faith! We have toughed it for soooo loooong...there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

May your words come true. Hoping. If Bangladesh win one test against full strength Englad U19. I am gonna throw a party man. Hell of a party.

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by sageX]

Habibul_bashar
August 3, 2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by sageX

May your words come true. Hoping. If Bangladesh win one test. I am gonna throw a party man. Hell of a party.
Is the end of day 2.:-/

Beamer
August 3, 2004, 12:09 PM
According to Bangladesherkhela :
BD 466 for 9 decl.
aftab 111
dhiman 77
rubayat 60
and almost everybody in high double figures. Nafis iqbal and shariar nafees, both scored thirties..

Bangla Mostan
August 3, 2004, 12:50 PM
Guys what we have to remmeber is that this is only a practice match. The scores so far are indeed fantastic, but we must not fall into the complacency books.

We have had much tougher opponents before, as in the U-19 England team. If we can perform the same type of first innings against them I would be more than happy and even if we were to still lose it would not matter, because we would clearly would have shown improvements.

Good job so far, but really want to see this on the second test as well.:flag::tiger:

sageX
August 3, 2004, 01:01 PM
Did Shamsu play today? He is 16 years old. He had the highest score in the 1st test for Bangladesh. He can be our next Ash!

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by sageX]

Habibul_bashar
August 3, 2004, 01:07 PM
Do anyone know about Nafis iqbal scored ? well playing U19 tiger.:great:

Ahmed_B
August 3, 2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bangla Mostan
We have had much tougher opponents before, as in the U-19 England team. If we can perform the same type of first innings against them I would be more than happy.....

that is really out of question I think..
coz the Eng U-19 is much strong side!
I would be happy even if our junior team can score about 330+ against them and then restrict them below 300..
(just being practical!)

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 02:39 PM
I have never actually seen any of them play. I am wondering if any of you who have seen the (Shish that means you :)) could let us know about the size and stature of our future stars? As silly as it may sound, it would be nice if we have a few players who can awe the oppostion just with their sheer presence, for example, Mathew Hayden or Inzamam.

Navarene
August 3, 2004, 02:46 PM
seems like both our national and U-19 teams play superbly in practice matches and fail miserably when it needs in official matches. what use of scoring a mammoth total when they collapse at prime time?

Our senior team did superbly in pratice matches during WI tours, but then failed pathetically in the second test. Again they won 2 practice matches in Asia Cup and then became disarray in the tournament. Same happens with the U-19 team. I'd better reserve all my eulogy for them when they win the 2nd test convincingly.

bhobishshot
August 3, 2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Habibul_bashar

32 according bangladesherkhela.com

Habibul_bashar
August 3, 2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by bhobishshot

32 according bangladesherkhela.com
thanks bhobishshot

capslock
August 3, 2004, 03:56 PM
I have never actually seen any of them play. I am wondering if any of you who have seen the (Shish that means you :)) could let us know about the size and stature of our future stars? As silly as it may sound, it would be nice if we have a few players who can awe the oppostion just with their sheer presence, for example, Mathew Hayden or Inzamam.

Seeing how even the Sri Lankans make us look like dwarves I think it will be quite a long time before we 'awe' anyone with our physical presence (barring a sudden upsurge of Cricket in Cambodia).

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 04:11 PM
I know! But from what I have seen the younger generation (aged 15-19) currently seem to be much taller on average. Many of my younger cousins, the new undergrads entering unis, and generally from what I have seen on the streets in Bangladesh, seem a decent (by our standards) 5-9 or so average and many quite taller. Is this because of improved nutrition? I don't see any significant changes in our eating habits as a nation :-/ Anyways, I was hoping some of these "taller" kids would make their way into our sports arena, particularly cricket.

Originally posted by capslock

Seeing how even the Sri Lankans make us look like dwarves I think it will be quite a long time before we 'awe' anyone with our physical presence (barring a sudden upsurge of Cricket in Cambodia).

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by pompous]

chinaman
August 3, 2004, 04:16 PM
Bangladesh U-19 (466/9 Dec) lead ECB Development of Excellence XI (107/4) by 359 runs at lunch, day 2

Bangladesh Under19 team enjoyed a rare run feast as they amassed 466 for nine before declaring their first innings on the second day of the three-day match against ECB Development of Excellence XI at the Seaford Cricket Club ground on Tuesday.

Back to form middle-order batsman Aftab Ahmed, fresh from his 54 in the second innings of first Test against their English counterparts, hammered a brilliant 111 while most of his colleagues contributed some runs with two half centuries coming from the bats of wicketkeeper Dhiman Ghosh and all-rounder Rubaiyat Huq.

Dhiman made 77 while Rubaiyat was unbeaten on 60 when the declaration came. Shahriar Nafees ( 35) Nafees Iqbal (32), Mushfiqur Rahim (30), Nadif Chowdhury ( 29), Ishraq Sonnet (27), Nazmul Hossain (20) and Nazim Uddin (16) all made splendid efforts to help the team reach such a mammoth total.

Asim Chowdhury was the only Bangladeshi batsman failing to make a double figure. He, however, was not out on 3 batting at number 11.

Facing the daunting task of avoiding the follow on, the hosts were in a precarious position as they gathered only 107 for four at lunch needing another 210 runs to force the visitors’ bat again.

Ishraq Sonnet claimed two wickets for Bangladesh while Nazmul Hossain and Rubaiyat Huq shared the other two scalps.

Bangladesh beat the same side in the first three-day match by six wickets and also in the two limited-over matches before losing to the full-fledged England Under-19 team in the first Test.

Enamul Huq Jr, the skipper of the Bangladesh team, opted to skip the ongoing match and the two vice-captains of the team Shahriar Nafees and Nazmul Hossain are sharing the onus in his absence.

NewAge >> (http://www.newagebd.com/2004/aug/04/spt.html)

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 05:05 PM
I wanna see a few more hundreds..no matter what the opposition is...its not a question of ability. Its a question of temperament, and ability to score big consistently. Something our players currently lack at all levels.

rafiq
August 4, 2004, 12:11 AM
why are we playing the same team so many times?

btw i like the fact that enamul skipped the match - he's got his game on and is confident enough to sit it out and give someone else a go.

mohd azam
August 4, 2004, 04:35 AM

180-8 at tea DAY 2

Rain Stopped Play

hay man !
From where you got the scores plz tell
thank u

Habibul_bashar
August 4, 2004, 05:20 AM
Did U19 tiger are bating today?

Shish Ahmed
August 4, 2004, 05:34 AM
Eng. Dev. will resume on 180-8 after no play was possible after tea on day 2.

It looks like BD will not enforce follow on as few batsmen will need practice.

If the weather holds out BD will set a target for their opponents to chase.

:fanflag:

Habibul_bashar
August 4, 2004, 05:45 AM
Eng. Dev. will resume on 180-8 after no play was possible after tea on day 2.

It looks like BD will not enforce follow on as few batsmen will need practice.

If the weather holds out BD will set a target for their opponents to chase.

:fanflag:
If weather is good they will be make bat today.

Shish Ahmed
August 4, 2004, 07:31 AM
Match Status on lunch DAY 3

ENG Dev. 233 all out

BD19 2 Innings

32 - 1 after 12 Overs

Lead of 265 runs

Navarene
August 4, 2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks Shish. Pls keep updating.

PoorFan
August 4, 2004, 08:03 AM
Lets see how BD-19 do in 2nd innings.
We should send them to bat again as soon as possible.
Is it enough time for BD to make them all out from the morning of the last day?
We need a win, not a draw.

Shish Ahmed
August 4, 2004, 08:44 AM
today is the last day

Latest just before Tea:-

157 - 3 43Overs

Looks like possibly heading for a draw, BD will probably declare at tea.

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by SHISH AHMED]

Zobair
August 4, 2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks SHISH for the updates. I was wondering if you could let us know a little about our young players heights and build? I vaguely remember you saying that you met them but I could be wrong. Thanks!

Keep up the good work :)

I think U19 made the right decision to bat instead of enforcing the follow on...the bowlers are doing a fine job. Its the batsmen who need to be up to speed against England U19 come the second test.

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by pompous]

mohd azam
August 4, 2004, 10:33 AM
today is the last day

157 - 3 43Overs

hay man!
how you got the latest news of score?

Habibul_bashar
August 4, 2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by mohd azam
today is the last day

157 - 3 43Overs

hay man!
how you got the latest news of score?
You are a great man SHISH AHMED.

Can you tell me how you got the latest news of score?

mohd azam
August 4, 2004, 02:51 PM
What is final score of the match
and the result of the match

Bangla Mostan
August 4, 2004, 02:57 PM
SHISH AHMED...apart from your slight hicc-up about BC and BCB....I am honoured to know you in this forum, as you have links with the promising future of Bangladesh Cricket..so take that as a compliment brother!:fanflag:

rana
August 4, 2004, 06:40 PM
can any body tell me what is the finaL score

200SX
August 5, 2004, 02:47 AM
it looks like a draw hapened in this match, but still disapointin for bd team.......coz they were always on top in this match........they could put them on follow on....or pushed them to bat on second innings....

sageX
August 5, 2004, 03:02 AM
Very disapointing! Kanna pachche amar.

chinaman
August 5, 2004, 03:19 AM
Practice match is just what the name suggests. By scoring a mammoth total followed by restricting the opponent well below the follow-on limit, they already showed who's the boss between the two teams. They wouldn't gain anything more by allowing some formalities.

Instead, they opted to concentrate to work on their weaknesses uncovered during the 1st test. That was a smart move by all counts.

They could practice as much as they wanted to in Dhaka. But practicing with newer and unknown yet decent bowlers is always a gain.

mohd azam
August 5, 2004, 03:23 AM
Did any one got the final score of the match:-/

chinaman
August 5, 2004, 03:32 AM
I have lost contact with coach McInnes since the team moved to Sleaford. He probably doesn't have internet access there. The team is scheduled to travel to Rutland on friday. Hopefully he will have the connection there.

Right now only SHISH AHMED and other media reports are our source.

Habibul_bashar
August 5, 2004, 03:55 AM
Where are you SHISH AHMED.Please post the scorecard.

Shish Ahmed
August 5, 2004, 04:52 AM

Naturally Bangladeshi people are small in height and most of the lads are about 5.1', 5.2' but i guess they have a bit of growing to do.

There are some tall players like Shahadat, Nafees Ahmed, Nazmul. I guess Aftab and Nafis although both are about 5.6', 5.7 in height can make it as a batsmen, lets take Sachin as an exmaple. (similar height).

But Nazim Uddin may struggle as he is quite short. Mushfiq the young kid from Bogra is only 16 yrs old and looks it as well.

Shish Ahmed
August 5, 2004, 05:06 AM
Sorry guys i don't have the scoreboard as Sleaford CC do not have e-mail.

Bd did declare second innings and put the English boys in and match ended in draw.

sageX
August 5, 2004, 05:07 AM
Short people has advantage in batting. Sachin, Lara, Gavaskar, Ash all short. It is proven in research.

Habibul_bashar
August 5, 2004, 05:49 AM
Did U19 tiger match has drawn?

observer
August 5, 2004, 06:33 AM
as the name of the match suggests it was a practice match and we treated it as such. We dominated the game so it didn not matter whether we won or not officially. The key thing was to get from the match what we wanted, and that was a few of our batsmen need an extra hit so we batted again, when we could have enforced the follow on and bowled them out again. |It was more important for a couple of guys to have another hit.

We then had a bowl for 2 hours after tea to allow a couple of bowlers to work on a couple of things.

The standard of the opposition may appear weak, but 90% of the players we are playing again have played for England at U17 and U15 level and are now pushing for selection in their U19 side for the winter (so effectively most of them are u18 at the moment)

We are developing some consistency, which is something we need.

Will keep you posted when ever i have email access.

Shish Ahmed
August 5, 2004, 06:41 AM
By the way the boys could have won the match as day 2 was shortened due to rain. Did exactly the right thing in getting much needed batting practice.

Mcinness is a very clever Coach and will nurture the boys in a right manner.

SS
August 5, 2004, 07:03 AM
Long live our coach..hope we can
"nurture" him too...not put him in our
clever "politics" and "selection processes"

Habibul_bashar
August 5, 2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by sageX
Very disapointing! Kanna pachche amar.
What happ.....your kanna.Are you sick.
I hope you will be get up from sick early

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by Habibul_bashar]

rana
August 5, 2004, 03:27 PM
finaly match draw

Bd 1s 466/9d 2nd 200/4d

Development of excellence xl 1st 233 2nd 91/4

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by rana]

rassel
August 5, 2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by rana
finaly match draw

Bd 1s 466/9d 2nd 200/4d

England 1st 233 2nd 91/4

:-/

Zobair
August 5, 2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the update. It would be nice if you could post your source. Thank you.

finaly match draw

Bd 1s 466/9d 2nd 200/4d

Bangla Mostan
August 5, 2004, 03:36 PM
We have dominated them totally which is the achievement and morale-booster that can fire us up for the second test match..we have to keep this momentum up all the way along this tour..then we can calculate the positives gained.:flag:

rana
August 5, 2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the update. It would be nice if you could post your source. Thank you.

finaly match draw

Bd 1s 466/9d 2nd 200/4d

source from Inkelab

Bangla Mostan
August 5, 2004, 03:51 PM

finaly match draw

Bd 1s 466/9d 2nd 200/4d

Thanks man..keep up the good work man..

sheshprohor
August 5, 2004, 04:05 PM
91/4 ????

ISHSHShhhhh......We should have declared earlier.

Prohor

Nasif
August 5, 2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by sheshprohor
91/4 ????
Prohor

I don't think it should matter. As coach said, it was a practice match. Its important that our batsmen got enough time to do their batting. It is obvious we dominated the match. Win or draw doesn't really matter.

Zobair
August 5, 2004, 04:34 PM
Sports Reporter

Opener Shahriar Nafees Ahmed cracked an unbeaten 116 as the touring Bangladesh Under-19 team warmed up for the second Test with a draw against Development of Excellence XI on Wednesday in a three-day match in which they were always in control.

Having decided against enforcing the follow-on on Day Two, the visitors had some good batting practice in the second innings and declared on 200 for four after tea on the last day with a lead of 342. The home side had struggled to 91 for four by the end at the Sleaford CC ground in Lincolnshire.

The second Test starts on August 10. Bangladesh trail 0-1 having lost the first match by five wickets.

BRIEF SCORES

BANGLADESH U-19: 466 (Aftab Ahmed 111, Dhiman Ghosh 77, Rubaiyat Haque 60 not out) & 200 for four (Shahriar Nafees 116 not out; Nazim Uddin 26)

DEVELOPMENT OF EXCELLENCE XI: 233 (Two wickets each for Israq Sonnet, Rubaiyat, Nazmul Hossain, Ashim Chowdhury) & 91 for four.

Source: Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/08/06/d40806040536.htm)

COngrats to Shahriar Nafees and Aftab Ahmed for scoring their centuries. Hopefully we will have more succesful outing against the England U19 this time.

Navarene
August 5, 2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by nasif
Originally posted by sheshprohor
91/4 ????
Prohor

I don't think it should matter. As coach said, it was a practice match. Its important that our batsmen got enough time to do their batting. It is obvious we dominated the match. Win or draw doesn't really matter.
I can't buy the theory of an indifference between a win & draw in a practice match. I still believe BD U-19 should have enforced a follow on and then jump for a win. Practice matches are the best fit to uphold our winning habit, so that the team will have more self-confidence when it matters in final matches. When we are in a winning position then why not just go for it? Leaving field with a win after a long day's play is something that really boosts the confidence...whether it is a practice match or not. I request our coach to give more thought in it. Just my two cents.

Zobair
August 5, 2004, 08:35 PM
This is a moot point really....but if I were to take a side here, I would say it was the right decision to get batting practise. Its our batsmen who "failed" against England U19 and they needed to get some big scores to get on with it. I would imagine our U19 team went into this practise match with some goals in mind. In this case,as the coach himself said, it was to get maiinly our batting sorted out. Judging by some of the scores from our top order, I would say the objectives have been met.

PoorFan
August 5, 2004, 09:36 PM
Navarene and Pompous both has the point.
In a condition like this, decision could go either way.
The coach made the decision from his point of view and I respect that.
Besides, he is the responsible one and watching the team very closely.
Personally I wanted to see BD enforce them to follow on, and fight for the win.
We also need to know how to handle a wining situation and achieve a win, as Navarene said.

[Edited on 6-8-2004 by PoorFan]

rafiq
August 5, 2004, 10:02 PM
are you guys able to move on from this game ??

chinaman
August 5, 2004, 10:53 PM
Earlier coach McInnes sent the following email. We already know about the scores but I'll post it anyway:

Apologies for the lateness of update but have only today been able to get to the local library to access the internet.

BD batted first and made 466 for 9 declared with Aftab Ahmed 111, Dhiman Gosh 67 and Rubaiyat Huq 62 not out the main contributions. The ECB DoE XI were then bowled out for 233 with 2 wickets each to Israq Sonnet, Rubaiyat Huq, Nazmul Hossain and Ashim Chowdhury.

BD batted again and declared at 200 for 4 with Nafees Ahmed Abir making 116 not out. This innings was used to try and givge Nazim Uddin and Nafees Iqbal some time in the middle but both wasted the chance falling for 26 and 6 respcetively. The ECB side finished the day at 91 for 4 with wickets to Rubaiyat Huq, Ashim Chowdhury and Nazmul Hossain.

We now move to Oakham School at Rutland to play a two day game before the second test at Taunton, Somerset.

bourny3
August 6, 2004, 03:11 AM
Does anyone have a few scores from the other games played before the first U19 test match against England. How old is Shamsur Rahim from my calculations he is only 15 is this true?

bourny3
August 6, 2004, 03:14 AM
Also why isn't Talha Jubair playing in these games. He is in the squad but is not getting a game. How quick is he on the cricinfo site it says that he might be able to bowl 90m/h if he puts some bulk on. how quick is he now.

chinaman
August 6, 2004, 04:35 AM
Talha is still recovering and unable to bowl long spells at present. He's making progress.

Links for other U19 games:

U19 Test 1: BD vs Eng >> (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=6642)

Scores: U19 vs ECB XI 3 day game >> (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=6620)

Scorecard Game Two: U19 vs ECB DOE X1 >> (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=6563)

Scorecard: U19 vs ECB Schools >> (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=6550)

bourny3
August 6, 2004, 07:45 AM
Thank you very much chinaman that was a great help.

AsifTheManRahman
August 6, 2004, 11:53 AM
i think practice matches should be treated like practice matches...whatever the team has done was excellent...they put up a pretty good show and the batters got some practice...

shariar nafees should be in the national side in a couple of years...

Habibul_bashar
August 6, 2004, 01:36 PM
When will st.........the next match and who is the Op.......?

chinaman
August 6, 2004, 02:43 PM
When will st.........the next match and who is the Op.......? I think you should start answering questions instead of asking, right?

Bangla Mostan
August 6, 2004, 03:18 PM
Well Done Deshi Juniors for playing solid cricket....

sageX
August 8, 2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
Does anyone have a few scores from the other games played before the first U19 test match against England. How old is Shamsur Rahim from my calculations he is only 15 is this true?

Shamsur is 15.