PDA

View Full Version : The tigers need Naimur Rahman

Iram
August 3, 2004, 10:47 AM
The tigers need Naimur Rahman to strenghthen their batting line up. Naimur can always bat at the difficult times. The tigers need a batsman who can hit into the air. Naimur is capable of it and he can bowl too. He can really show his talent when it matters. He also has the experience of playing in England. So, I think he should be given a chance.

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by oracle : moved to BD cricket]

Beamer
August 3, 2004, 12:05 PM
can't bring back the dinosaurs.

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 12:09 PM
Iram welcome to teh forum. There are no quickfixes. We are all frustrated but bringing back people who have been out of International cricket for an eternity (by today's hectic standards) is not the answer.

AsifTheManRahman
August 3, 2004, 12:34 PM
an interesting fact about naimur...i read this in prothom alo a couple of days ago...when he was accused of chucking, he tried to change his action, but then he was having problems and so he went back to his old action, and when he came back to international cricket, no one complained!

he reckons that even rafique hadn't changed his action after being accused...

he believes that bowlers are accused only when they pick up wickets on a regular basis.

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 01:26 PM
He may well have a point. Shoaib Malik, Harbajan Singh, Shabbir Ahmed have all been reported, and they supposedly have "reworked" their actions. To me they look like they are chucking as effectively as ever. I would say once a bowler is reported, and goes through the rehabilitation process the ICC is loathe to report them again and simply assumes all is now well.

Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
an interesting fact about naimur...i read this in prothom alo a couple of days ago...when he was accused of chucking, he tried to change his action, but then he was having problems and so he went back to his old action, and when he came back to international cricket, no one complained!

he reckons that even rafique hadn't changed his action after being accused...

he believes that bowlers are accused only when they pick up wickets on a regular basis.

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by pompous]

Iram
August 3, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yes, may be Naimur is not the same as he was earlier, but he should not be compared with a dinosaurs.

rockpundit
August 3, 2004, 03:19 PM
I dont think we can afford to grasp at straws here. We cant go around selecting people and just hoping that they do well. What we have to do is identify and groom selected members from the domestic circuit which is being done. We have to improve the infrastructure of our domestic league, thats the most important.

Habibul_bashar
August 3, 2004, 03:30 PM
I think the tiger no need.....Naimur rahaman(dinosaurs).

paco
August 3, 2004, 04:49 PM
tiger no need naimur rahman, and tiger no need dinosaur. naimur rahman better not any other like rajin selah tiger. tiger need maturity and improvement technique current players from. no need physical training all day - consentrait on batting only. plus tiger need talent and a fresh groom.

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by paco]

Bangla Mostan
August 3, 2004, 05:01 PM
What the tigers really need is meat, on thier body so they can pull big shots...i'm not talking Akram Khan size, but enough to have the power to control the pace of these fast balls.

We could also do with more patience and technique rather than old experience. I say this because I realise bringing back the old guns will only delay the improvements of some of the young crops we already have.:fanflag:

Our performances are becoming more respectable nowadays and we are not becoming pushovers anymore. :tiger:

Zobair
August 3, 2004, 05:01 PM
You have no feelings!

Originally posted by paco
tiger no need naimur rahman, and tiger no need dinosaur. naimur rahman better not any other like rajin selah tiger. tiger need maturity and improvement technique current players from. no need physical training all day - consentrait on batting only. plus tiger need talent and a fresh groom.

Bangla Mostan
August 3, 2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by pompous
You have no feelings!

Originally posted by paco

lol..this sounds like an automated machine...instructing how the lads should co-ordinate their everyday life...lol....funny indeedy!!:lol:

Orpheus
August 4, 2004, 02:51 AM
GO PACO.. .YOU CAN DO IT!!!

PoorFan
August 4, 2004, 04:05 AM
Dont understand why people are talking about to
bring back old names here and there in this forum.
Is there any relative to those names among our selves?

Iram
August 4, 2004, 04:41 AM
This is nothing about the relatives. This is about the team.

Bringing back some old faces will help the tigers. Because the tigers need some seniors who have some experience.

TAIF
August 4, 2004, 11:27 AM
Let's look to the future, Not the past.

SS
August 4, 2004, 11:42 AM
I know they are out of touch..but are
they out of experience?? playing alok, fa
isal even babu, rain, mahmud not
helping..i think we need nannu or bulbul
back..what you guys think?

Iram
August 4, 2004, 02:11 PM
That's absolutely right. The old tigers are out of touch but not out of experience. Faisal, Rajin, Mahmud; no one is contributing well. Rajin made a good start in his carrear but now he is not doing much for the team. On the other hand, Alok Kapali, who has lost his form completely, but getting his name in the squad......!
I really do feel, the tigers need some old faces in the squad.

Habibul_bashar
August 4, 2004, 02:26 PM
Alok Kapali, who has lost his form.But I think Alok Kapali will came back ag....in his form.Rajin is the re....tiger in start his carrear.I hope rajin make more good for bd.Bashar is the great man like bc Lara in test.Good work by bashar.

Batting:Runs:Innings:Not Out:100s:50s:
Test 2079 59 1 3 17
ODI 936 53 0 0 8
His is best man in test.