PDA

View Full Version : Rajjak Unlikely for Champion's trophy!

Rubu
August 3, 2004, 10:21 PM
Did anyone check the heading of prothom-alo's sport page? according to them, rajjak is to miss champion's trophy, as hinted by faruq ahmed. as they calculated, english condition needs more pacers, and that will reduce the number of spinners. out of the "Triple R" rajjak is the victim as he needs some time to work on his bowling action. But again, the only impressive performer in Asia Cup is Rajjak. and yeah, JO with the first two matches.

here comes a delimma. would u choose rajjak (given that his bowling action is legal) or rafique with his current (actually overall) odi performence? good to see, we've backup for rafique. i'd like to mention here also that, with his current performance, dhiman gosh is a good backup for pilot.
anyway, based on this article (referenced to faruq) the team is very much likely to look like this:

1. JO
2. Ash
3. Suman
4. Rajin
5. Alok
6. pilot
7. rafique
8. rana
9. tapash
10. tareq
11. sujon
12. mushfiq
13. alok
14. nafis

i included nafis instead of faisal as the reported stated the need of an extra opener as its hard to open in english condition.

fwullah
August 4, 2004, 12:44 AM
The main highlight of this article that struck me where they said -

There are no replacements for Alok and Foisal

How have these 2 become a Sachin Tendulkar or a Rahul Dravid that there are no replacements for Alok and Foisal?

Just goes to show where our country is going. :mad:

Bangla Mostan
August 4, 2004, 03:04 PM
its a shame Rajjak may not be able to play as all he needs is a platform to perform on and the ICC champions trophy is exactly that..but i just wish he could play:flag:

oracle
August 4, 2004, 09:57 PM
as they calculated, english condition needs more pacers, and that will reduce the number of spinners.

Hmm... this needs to be scrutinised, i.e the alleged calculation. After seing Giles in action I really want to know the "Where" and "when"?

James90
August 5, 2004, 02:51 AM
Sumon has announced he'll be batting at 4 to improve his form...so

Belim
Ash
Rana
Sumon
Rajin
Alok
Mashud
Rafique
Sujon
Tapash
Tareq/Talha/Shahadat/Mashrafe/Mushfiqur

sageX
August 5, 2004, 02:59 AM
It looks like Alok and Sujon will be out.