PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka Tour Postponed

tglover
August 4, 2004, 12:27 AM
The Sri Lankans tour to Bangladesh has been postponed until February next year.

Sri Lanka, instead of going to Bangladesh in October/November will go to Pakistan instead.

Cricinfo Link (http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/AUG/015160_SL_04AUG2004.html)

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by chinaman : Please put long links inside text. Thank you.]

chinaman
August 4, 2004, 12:52 AM
Very welcome news. Tigers need some breathing room at that time. Good move by BCB.

Bangla Mostan
August 4, 2004, 03:01 PM
It is true..not only do we have to mprove our game but we have to take these things steadily..so we can improve and not be exhausted.:flag:

Rubu
August 4, 2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
.............Good move by BCB.

according to prothom-alo, bcb had no clue that srilanka and pakistan had talked up things this way and arranged the tour in november.

Beamer
August 4, 2004, 09:49 PM
Yes..but with a bit of correction. BCB was in dark, namely the CEO and other advisers in Dhaka as they were not in Sri lanka for the Asia Cup. But Ashgar Lobi, the boss, was there and he was apparently invloved in the meeting regarding the postponement. He simply forgot to relay the message to the people in Dhaka! BCB officers in Dhaka got the news from Reuters and other internet outlets, not from Lobi, though with his consent PCB and Cricket Sri lanka revised the itenary. Nice going! naholey ar bangali...

oracle
August 4, 2004, 09:52 PM
Yes i had a hunch that something was in disarray. Do they know if Lobi is back?:)

Rubu
August 4, 2004, 09:56 PM
i wonder how he got his name? lobi is actually i believe "lobby", he just found a shorter spell like futbol and football. no he is not back, he is doing some lobbying for..... who knows what, something for sure.

potshot
August 5, 2004, 11:02 AM
Are you sure his name is spelled as "Lobby" and not as "Lobhie":)

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by potshot]