PDA

View Full Version : Just a chat about the Current players

bourny3
August 6, 2004, 03:42 AM
What is Mashrafe Bin Mortaza doing at the moment how is his knee going. He is easily the best bowler in Bangladesh. Mohammad Rafique is a great bowler but he is getting quite old. He can play for 3 more years but i would like to think that Rana is the new spinner. Abdur Razzaq looked quite good in the Asia cup from what i saw on the scorecards. But apparently he has a suspect action. Enamul Haque jnr is another of the endless supply of left arm spinners in Bangladesh. Are there any right arm spinners. I know Kapali bowls a few leggies and Ash does a bit. But how about a true right arm spinner. I know i like to talk about the Bowlers.

Now the Batsmen are the weak link of the team. Ash is great he has really come of age in the Asia Cup. Javed Omar is the senior batsmen and he really showed in the 2 games he played before getting injured. Bashar should almost give up on the one dayers, he is a great batsmen, but he would be that much better if he played just tests. Rajin is just up and coming and will be a great player. Alok should have a spell i think and have a season in the domestic game. I beleive that younger players are the way to go but the selectors need to stop changing the side every match. just stick with a good crop and then let it grow for a few games.

Responses and criticisms will be greatly appreciated.

chinaman
August 6, 2004, 04:15 AM
Mashrafe still recovering and wouldn't be available in Champion's Trophy. We might see one or two new faces in the bowling department. I'd like to see Nazmul and Enam with Tapash and Tareq. Monju (not rana) may get a recall but I've my doubts. Rana is a very lucky guy with the bat and luck is the thing we need more than anything else at the moment. He could fill in the fifth position with Rajin and Ash stand by.

Bashar would be able to sqeeze in the team anyway I believe. Alok and Dickens need to go back to school, the High Performance Unit that is and get their act together with Hannan. Chacha should start thinking about coaching certificate immediately. Mushy needs some time off to get rid of that newly wed sign from his back. He will be very good in pushing the stroller just like Sanwar.

Should the U19 boys won the first test, I'd have entertain the idea of playing them in the trophy instead with their majestic warm-ups and sending the seniors for a scottish diner. Since that didn't happen, I'll be interested in borrowing some of their jewels. Nafees should be a good opener or one down. Aftab should get a full position at four down or else his tummy might get where his legs are.

Razzak. Razzak. Razzak, what else can I say?

Pilot should not grew older, just give him a new pair of gloves. Lately Gullu getting some very good family backing and it shows. Keep it coming.