PDA

View Full Version : BD to tour Namibia next month!

Ockey
December 8, 2002, 07:15 PM
I just came across this today. I don't know if it's been posted already. Good news for the players as they get more match practice. Hopefully before the start of the Namibia tour the selection committee can pick a balanced team.

Link:BD to tour Namibia next month (http://www.dailystarnews.com/200212/09/n2120904.htm#BODY7)

Tehsin
December 8, 2002, 08:34 PM
It's a good idea. Probably some of our batsmen will get extensive batting practice. We need that for their ego. Hopefully the ego won't get over-blown.

They plan to have 5-6 matches there and then leave for South Africa on January 31. Play two matches on 3rd and 5th against Natal and Durban. This also works out great for Namibia. Their debut cup after a surprising ICC run. Good luck to them (since they are not in our group, eheheh).

Shubho
December 8, 2002, 08:38 PM
Only if they win. Unfortunately, judging by our recent performances plus the fact that we have consistently gone down to a side like Kenya, I am only 60% certain we will win in Namibia. Batting practice? Only if our batsmen concentrate and apply themselves. They're equally likely to be shot out there for under 200 (possibly 150) otherwise.

I hate to sound negative, but the way things have been going, we can't take anything for granted with our team. I can't think of one aspect of our game that has improved since the 1999 World Cup.

Nasif
December 9, 2002, 01:31 AM
Kenya post good 211 against Zim yesterday. And that is without their Steve Tikolo. They consistently cross 200 mark. That scares me.....

Tehsin
December 9, 2002, 04:18 AM
Everyone names Tikolo. If you look at Kenya's scores against us you will find that in most cases, it was one of the other who blew us away. Some names:
Ravindu Shah
Maurice Odumbe
Kenedy Otieno
Among others.

LINK: Look at their best ever effort (http://www-usa.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1997-98/OD_TOURNEYS/PRESC/BDESH_KENYA_PRESC_ODI1_10OCT1997.html)

[Edited on 9-12-2002 by tehsin]