PDA

View Full Version : Can we compile and publish BD U-19 Playerís Profile in one place

MondayMorningQB
August 11, 2004, 08:41 AM
For most of us, Bangladesh National Team Members are "known" commodity. We have either seen them playing , and/or have enough stats and reviews in newspapers as well as by our bangalcricket dedicated members. We have at least some basic idea about their individual strength, limitation, and their limited growth potential (except for the rookies). Therefore we can make our own judgment of individual players as a fan, and become a fan of individual player(s).

However, for BD-U19, we don't have the privilege to watch them playing. There is not enough stats. There are rarely any reviews of individual players. In coach's reports, which is publishes regularly in this message board, we get a glimpse of some player's strength or "things to improve" which creates more curiosity about those players.

I was out of touch with BD cricket for a long time. Only recently (last few years) I start following cricket activities in BD. Thanks to banglacricket.com, cricinfo.com and some other Internet newspapers. Also I find this message board very helpful and informative to me to keep me updated whatís going on in the cricket world.

I am very much interested to know more about individual players of BD-U19 as they are our future. These are the players BD Cricket Authority have identified with the most potential, and by following these players, we can have a glimpses of what we can expect in the future. Fans like me, when our National Team is not doing GREAT, we need "HOPEĒ, we need to see "light" at the need of the tunnel. And our BD-U19 players can give us that regardless of their team result.

Therefore, I would request to banglacricket.com authority, if itís possible to compile and publish each U-19 players analysis (skills, strengths, and "things to improve", overall general evaluation, etc) with the help of coach (as banglacricket have good relationship with the coach), or from banglacricket members who have seen some of the games 1st hand.

BTW: I have been following a loosing NBA team for last 15 years. The only reason for me to support the same team each year is: the NBA draft and the rookies that join the team. They create new hope at the beginning of the season, even though at the middle of the season, those hopes are all shattered. Therefore we need more about our U-19 Cubs. They can only provide us hope.

[Edited on 11-8-2004 by MondayMorningQB]

chinaman
August 11, 2004, 09:02 AM
That's a very touchy request, MondayMorningQB. We love to compile such profiles. We already have the senior's profile (http://www.banglacricket.com/games/profile.php). Thanks to some knowledgeable and dedicated members.

Since we are a volunteer site, we need help in almost everywhere. There are lots of info floating around in this site about the U19 team. Many other websites also have some highlights.

May we ask our member's to start collecting and compiling the profiles bit by bit? Once we get some thing going we'll start adding them in our profile section (http://www.banglacricket.com/games/profile.php).

Please start collecting the info and write few lines if you can. Please do not worry about duplication or the beauty of sentence creation. We have creative writers who will take are of these if necessary. Thank you.

Nasif
August 11, 2004, 12:02 PM
At the moment we only have physical data on our U19, compiled by ACC

http://games.banglacricket.com/u19.html

Aftab, Nazmul and Nafis is in our <a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/profile.php>database now</a>. But their profile details is not there yet. If any of our members wishes to compile/write profile on any players, just post here or u2u to moderator. Thanks for you help.

Upal
August 12, 2004, 02:03 PM
let me take a shot at doing bhatija's profile lol

Nafis Iqbal Khan aka bhatija Nafis:
A player of immense potential and the next big hope for the Bangladesh batting line-up. This youngster has been knocking at the door for a spot on the national team for quite some time now. He got a break in the home series against England but disappointed in his only 2 ODI's. Nafis has gone back to the juniors and worked on his game. He celebrated a very successful under-19 world cup with a flying half-century in the plate final which set up the defeat of the mighty Aussies.

Recently, Nafis put all doubts to rest about his impatience by putting up a massive 266 against a English development squad. Nafis is known to be a free strokemaker, but is said to get carried away with playing too many shots. In this way, he is much like Ashraful. It seems as if Ashraful has matured into a consistent player now and it remains to be seen if Nafis will do the same when he gets his chance in the ICC Trophy this september. Bangladesh fans hope Nafis and Ashraful can be the opening duo for the next 10 years and bring great success to our country. :fanflag:

[Edited on 12-8-2004 by Upal]

chinaman
August 12, 2004, 02:15 PM
Cool. keep'em coming.

Don't worry if we do not post any comment here. Trust us, we'll keep a close tab on this thread.

We will post the author's name in the profile.

If anyone likes to make another profile on Nafees Iqbal, please feel free to do so. We encourage multiple profiles on any single player.

We'll collect all and mention all the author's names as the contributor. Thank you.

Nasif
August 17, 2004, 03:02 PM
so only one as of now.... any more writers?