View Full Version : national League
December 9, 2002, 06:12 PM
Ittefaq has five o the team play list on their site. The only exception is Chittagong.
They also have the schedule for the first two rounds. All matches will be played in Dhaka. Incidently, Dhaka looks to be atleast twice as strong as the rest of the teams. Guess we all can predict the captain who'll have the trophy in a month. :)
(it is in PDF format and in Bengali)
LINK: league teams (http://www.ittefaq.com/current/sports/news2.pdf)
December 9, 2002, 08:54 PM
masri, manju and bashar make up a pretty formidable sylhet (i think) team if masri is back in form.
December 9, 2002, 09:25 PM
Isn't Kapali from Sylhet too?
December 9, 2002, 09:36 PM
How will the national players play in the league if they have to go to Namibia in Jan? League will probably have to go without them.
December 9, 2002, 11:26 PM
league will go on without the national players which is even better for Dhaka.
Bashar plays for Khulna, not Sylhet. Sylhet should have Kapali, Shanto, Rafique, Taposh. Watch out for Imran Rahim Lallu, Rajin Saleh and Rezaul Huq Nayeem.
Rajshahi has Litu, Nayan, Tariqul, PILOT, Shafaq Al Jabir, Aminul Islam Bhola, Sanchay, Mushfiq babu, Rafiqul Islam, Jem and Kalim. All this players have had good form in the league. This is a good team. The good thing for them, they only miss Pilot.
Khulna's star cast includes Sumon, Hassanuzzaman Jhoru, Raju parvez, Kaushik, Selim (keeper/has century in league), Al Amin and Jamal babu. Could put up a fight.
As for Dhaka, do I have to name them ? Chittagong will have Akram, Nannu, Moni, Seezan, Azam Iqbal, Sabir Khan, Nafees Iqbal, Shafiuddin babu, Zakir, Masum/Masud (not sure) et al. Too old, out of form but should finish on the top three since none of the players are planning to make (cept for Moni/Seezan) the national team.
December 10, 2002, 02:39 AM
They would have Sanwar and Hannan
December 10, 2002, 07:53 AM
What's the point of having a national league if our cricket is going to deteriorate overall? Have the BCB idiots made any improvements to the structure this year, especially vis-a-vis pitches? Or are we going to continue playing on flat wickets?
December 10, 2002, 05:11 PM
- All matches will be played in Dhaka.
- Matches will be played in Fatullah, Dhanmondi and BKSP (you can assume the pitch quality)
- Single round - Yep, no more 10 matches per team. They play each other ones and for the whole year, our first class players will get '5' valuable first class match. With that experience, they will be able to take on the big boys from other Test nationas who play anywhere from 10-20+ matches a year. AMAZING. And we wonder why our players fail.
- National team players will be busy with international duty. That gives others a shot. However, this means that the players won't get this one chance to test their skills against the Senior players.
- The overall quality of the league will be second class.
- Supervision - I don't think BCB takes this league seriously and that makes it pretty useless if you ask me. besides, how are you going to find NEW/RAW talents based on FIVE matches ?
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.