PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade

Mahmood
August 13, 2004, 05:48 PM
We will be upgrading our forum today. So, in next 2 hours, this forum may act weird or not be available.

Our apologicies for any inconvinience.

Mahmood
August 13, 2004, 06:22 PM
It is done.

We hope you will like this new upgrade.

If you find anything wrong, please let us know.

[Edited on 13-8-2004 by Raj]

Piranha
August 13, 2004, 06:31 PM
Wow! this is pretty neat. I like it.

Piranha
August 13, 2004, 06:38 PM
Is there any way of putting the "post reply" button at the bottom of the reply box? I dont like scrolling to reach the button. Or is it only me with a small screen facing this problem?

Nasif
August 13, 2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Piranha
Is there any way of putting the "post reply" button at the bottom of the reply box? I dont like scrolling to reach the button. Or is it only me with a small screen facing this problem?

Reply button is on the right of the box at the bottom. You don't have to scroll up.

cricketfan
August 13, 2004, 07:45 PM
Quick reply feature at the bottom of every thread is a cool feature. It will save time and keystrokes while posting replies. The new look is quite neat. A great job by the administrator(s).

[Edited on 14-8-2004 by cricketfan]

Ehsan
August 13, 2004, 10:12 PM
Hey Raj bhai!

I gotta say its a decent upgrade, just only one thing I don't like is that line below the member ranking. Rest is terrific!

nihi
August 13, 2004, 10:19 PM
Nice! nice! Especially this reply box. And also the absence of Post Reply button while not logged in. I have lost so many big posts (in delight of many) after posting without logging in. Great going!

bourny3
August 13, 2004, 11:37 PM
What are the differences apart from the quick reply and the pictures next to the options up the top. I have noticed the quote box is different too. Are there any other differences.

Nasif
August 13, 2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by bourny3
What are the differences apart from the quick reply and the pictures next to the options up the top. I have noticed the quote box is different too. Are there any other differences.

There are many other internal upgrades, including stronger security. Other changes include, Advances U2U messenger, Address Book, and many other features.

Mahmood
August 13, 2004, 11:45 PM
Here are few that I know of....

- New U2U Interface - Still like the old U2U interface? Change in through Control Panel/Options->Edit Profile
- New Address Book - For keeping your contacts on your forums.
- Quick Reply - With Random Smilie Insertion
- Fix Last Post Tool
- New Themes
- PHP/MySQL Usage Outpur - In Footer
- Webcam Option (Url Input In Profile)

Beamer
August 13, 2004, 11:57 PM
Like it. Good job. I was going to watch SL-SA. No play..rain..Decided to login and check out whazzup and wow..great surprise. keep it up.:flag:

Rubu
August 14, 2004, 12:05 AM
i don't know if someone already mentioned it or not.

from the forum hompage

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona

when u click on the baner of banglacricket, it used to go to the site home page before, not forum homepage as its now. i think it need to be fixed.

Mueid
August 14, 2004, 04:22 AM
neat...i reallly like quick reply thingy...gud worl :clap:

oracle
August 14, 2004, 06:01 AM
Just realized that I got a huge flag next to my name. :lol:

made my day

Habibul_bashar
August 14, 2004, 07:12 AM
Now every one can reply very quick.I like this forum upgrad.:great:

bourny3
August 15, 2004, 04:13 AM
How did you get the non moderator flag. I want one

Habibul_bashar
August 15, 2004, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
How did you get the non moderator flag. I want one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/mr9rubu/Nonmod.jpg

non moderator flag (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/mr9rubu/Nonmod.jpg)

amit(a huge BD fan)
August 15, 2004, 10:02 AM
great work by the admin(s)

:bravo:

nasifkhan
August 15, 2004, 01:09 PM
Good Job Admins!!!!

Bangla Mostan
August 15, 2004, 03:19 PM
Admin bhai...very very impressive..and it seems whenever you upgrae it..it makes it look even more professional than it was before.

Nasif
August 15, 2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Bangla Mostan
Admin bhai...very very impressive..and it seems whenever you upgrae it..it makes it look even more professional than it was before.

Thats the whole idea of upgrading.... :) to make it better.

Mahmood
August 15, 2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
i don't know if someone already mentioned it or not.

from the forum hompage

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona

when u click on the baner of banglacricket, it used to go to the site home page before, not forum homepage as its now. i think it need to be fixed.

Fixed.

nihi
August 16, 2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
Fixed.

Since you guys are so quick in response to fix a bug (admirable), I had one to point out. Though now in this new version, you cannot see the post reply button without being logged in, you can still see the "quote" button, and you can click that to start editing a reply. Once you are done, you can post your reply only to see that you were not logged in and hence not authorized to send a reply and lose whatever you have edited so far. I think it would be helpful if one was taken to the login page, whenever one tries to edit some post, original or reply (Or any other get around).

cricketfan
August 16, 2004, 10:53 AM
nihi

Prepare your long posts in a text editor (e.g.notepad )and post it to this forum by copying and pasting from notepad. That way you will not lose your long posts .....(to the dismay of many):P