PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Cricket: Champ Trophy 04 [Sept 12, 5AM GMT]

Nasif
August 16, 2004, 12:23 AM
<a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/manager.php?cmd=makeTeam>Team registration</a> for ICC Champions Trophy 2004 is open now. Deadline for this game is Sept 12, 2004, 5AM GMT. You will not be able to create your team after this deadline.

This initial phase includes 2 ODI. If by any chance BD goes to second round game will continue.

After the registration deadline passes you can use your substitution to make changes in your team. You cannot use this feature to create new team after deadline. Substituation is available after from menu: Fantasy->My Team ->Change Players

Startup points has been reduced to 300 for this game.

Please <a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/manager.php?cmd=makeTeam>enroll now</a>.

Team list:
http://games.banglacricket.com/fantasy.php

Good luck to all :)

chinaman
September 3, 2004, 11:26 PM
Please replace Bashar with Faisal. Thanks.

Nasif
September 3, 2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks cm bhai :) forgot about it! Will do it.

Nasif
September 4, 2004, 12:26 AM
Habibul Bashar replaced with Faisal Hossain. Thanks to chinaman bhai for noticing it.

Those who have selected Bashar, will see Faisal in their team. If you want to change him, do so before the start.

Tehsin
September 11, 2004, 11:50 PM
nasif, you may also want to double check faisal's points. He is not worth that much.

Nasif
September 12, 2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by tehsin
nasif, you may also want to double check faisal's points. He is not worth that much.

That was supposed to be Bashar's point. As Bashar got injured in the last min, faisal got in the team and I just switched Faisal for Bashar, didn't change the points as many people already created the team and that would create inconsistency with other's players selection.... :umm:

rafiq
September 13, 2004, 12:13 AM
i don't know the basis for the points - was it a random number generator that was used? rafique is worth 12 while rajin costs 98?

Habibul_fan and others in the lead despite buying cheap players who all scored ducks!!

Nasif
September 13, 2004, 12:44 AM
System compares player by player on the basis of their avg (sets cost between 10 to 100). If a player is a bowler he will be compared with rest of the bowers. Bowler with lowest bowling avg will be most expensive and bowler with highest bowling avg will be least. New player, bowler with no avg, costs default 10.

Rafique's ODI bowling avg: 47.46

Whereas the best the ODI bowling avg among current players is:
Tareq Aziz: 32.62

Rafique has the worst ODI avg currently, that is why is the cheapest! As much as we like Rafique, stats says he is sucking in ODI :(

Batsmen are valued in a similar way. Batsman with highest avg will cost the most, while one with the lowest will cost the least. New batsman with no avg costs 10.

Javed has best avg: 22.73, while Rajin has the 2nd best avg: 22.55 (which was even bit higher before this ODI). That is why he is so expensive!.

All rounders are valued little differently. They get 50% from bowling and 50% from batting, during comparision of their avg with rest of bowlers and batsmen respectively. That is why Rana is so expesive. Both his batting and bowling avg is on the high ranks.

I think this is quite fair system to rate the players. Only thing is, the system doesn't care how experienced a player is. I might add the comparison in future.

James chose a cheap team because most of our batsman and bowlers sucks at this point in time. If they do good, you can't get away with selecting the cheapest team. This is where the strategy will come to play. Unfortunately when will our players play a normal game only God knows.

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 6:03 AM GMT, by nasif.

Nasif
September 15, 2004, 01:02 PM
And that ends the champ trophy fantasy game. With such a poor performance from BD, this wasn't so much of a fantasy this time...:umm:

Here are the final winners new BC XI:
1 Mueid BDTIGERS 367
2 arnabt JoY_BaNgLa 363
3 himel THE ULTIMATE V 355
4 nm0598 snap! 355
5 Souvik_Roy123 Souvik fantasy 342
6 Mridul Late 342
7 Zephaniah Mu ha ha 342
8 James90 Darkhorses III 338
9 Billah POTENTIAL! 338
10 fab cheapest 5 338
11 shishu bengal tiger 313

Zephaniah
September 15, 2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by nasif
And that ends the champ trophy fantasy game. With such a poor performance from BD, this wasn't so much of a fantasy this time...:umm:

Here are the final winners new BC XI:
1 Mueid BDTIGERS 367
2 arnabt JoY_BaNgLa 363
3 himel THE ULTIMATE V 355
4 nm0598 snap! 355
5 Souvik_Roy123 Souvik fantasy 342
6 Mridul Late 342
7 Zephaniah Mu ha ha 342
8 James90 Darkhorses III 338
9 Billah POTENTIAL! 338
10 fab cheapest 5 338
11 shishu bengal tiger 313

Could you please update over-all standing as well?
I can't seem to find it!

Nasif
September 15, 2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Zephaniah
Could you please update over-all standing as well?
I can't seem to find it!

Everything is automated. It will get updated tomorrow (a day after the end).