PDA

View Full Version : The New Venues

fwullah
August 16, 2004, 07:09 AM
Bangladesher Khela reported that the 3rd Test venue will be announced officially by October, this year. The candidate-venues are: Chittagong Divisional Stadium and Bogra Chandu Stadium. Well, which one do you think has a better chance of being the 3rd test venue?

I think from the logistical point of view, Chittagong Divisional Stadium will get the nod, however, from the stadiums' point of view, I believe that Bogra Chandu Stadium is the best among the lot. Besides, Bogra will also have the crowd as there have been no International (Seniors) match in Bogra ever. However, as far as I know, Bogra doesn't have the right accommodations for being a test venue.

The same report stated that by March next year, the Khulna Stadium, where the U-19 World Cup matches were held, will be ready for International cricket matches. In addition, the Narayanganj Fotullah Stadium will also be ready for staging International cricket matches with the proper facilities.

Link (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=9414&iCategoryID=1)

Well, what do you think? If everything goes according to plan, we'll get 4 new stadiums at 3 new regions around Bangladesh; although all of them do not necessarily have to be test match venues. One Day International matches can be played there at first.

bourny3
August 16, 2004, 08:00 AM
Does this mean that Bangladesh will be hosting longer series. That would be great to see they need to play more tests and ODI's in their series. I hope the 2 main ones in Bogra and Chittagong get test status so then there can be 3 or 4 or 5 test series being played. What do you think?

oracle
August 16, 2004, 08:27 AM
Which has the best pitch, in terms of a good match between bat and ball. Chittagong Aziz or the new divisional stadium. How is Bogra? I hear it has a large outfield.

Zobair
August 16, 2004, 10:04 AM
3,4 or 5 test match series will only come once we start competing meaningfully in the 2 test series. There is no point in us getting whitewashed in longer series. Under the current circumstances not many teams would play us in a longer series. However, this is an investment for the future. Not only it increases our capcacity to host matches in more diverse venues but also it will be a boon for cricket in those regions in terms of the sheer booost in quality of infrastructure, that is if the stadiums can maintained and utilized properly. Besides if we can continue our upward trend in test cricket perhaps in 3-4 years time we will get to see those 3 or 4 (IMO 5 test match series are destined to be scrapped given that the international calender will only get busier in the future) match series.

Mueid
August 16, 2004, 03:51 PM
i donno if my question is stupid..but y cant both the stadiums be given status as test venues...r there any restrictions?..