PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had a Time Machine

fwullah
August 17, 2004, 11:53 AM
Oh I wish I had a TIME MACHINE, with which I could tell exactly when we would achieve our maiden test victory, with which I could tell who would be the stars of Bangladesh Cricket - REAL STARS, not the current ones who improve in one tournament just to go down in the next one.

There is a prestigious ICC Awards ceremony that has recently been started, which nominates emerging player of the year, One Day International Player of the year, Test player of the year and the Player of the year. In this list, there is no one from Bangladesh, and it is also highly unlikely that Bangladesh will be nominated even for the Team of the year.

And yet, this season started with so many hopes, and the thought of a glorious win almost leaped us into joyous dreams that only a year ago, we would not even think to dream of - Habibul Bashar becoming one of the top test batsman in the world, and Mohammad Rafique becoming one of the top higher ranking test bowlers in the world.

Only one sentence is coming into my mind to finish this, and its in bengali "she gure balire, shob gure bali".

Source: ICC Awards (http://www.icc-cricket.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/AUG/025946_ICC-AWARDS_17AUG2004.html)

Edited on, August 17, 2004, 5:31 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: All caps removed from title.

amit(a huge BD fan)
August 18, 2004, 07:44 AM
next test victory -

v new zealand in dhaka later this year

stars -

nafis iqbal
habibul bashar
md ashraful
md rafique
tapash baisya

shovon13
August 18, 2004, 02:52 PM
dunno if it'll be against new zealand...they're one of the top test teams in the world right now

Bangla Mostan
August 18, 2004, 05:06 PM
the puspose of having a time machine would have been to make bets predicting the heavy innings defeat Banglaesh would face against oppositions. because even detecting the talents would never make any difference as we still cannot play..up to cricketing standards that can attract international attention..

Ibrahim
August 18, 2004, 05:18 PM
I wish, but completly unrealistic.

Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)
next test victory -

v new zealand in dhaka later this year

stars -

nafis iqbal
habibul bashar
md ashraful
md rafique
tapash baisya

PoorFan
August 18, 2004, 09:35 PM
Test victory will become true by current U-19 team, within couple of years.
Can not count on current national team, but who knows ....
they might click all together once in a while.

Basri
August 19, 2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by PoorFan
Can not count on current national team, but who knows ....
they might click all together once in a while.
I am waiting for that clicking moment.............

Zephaniah
August 22, 2004, 12:24 PM
Ok!. i'm just testing my new wireless keyboard and mice!

Rubu
August 22, 2004, 12:48 PM
r u testing more than one mouse zep? (mice.)