PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh need to build their innings step by step.

Iram
August 17, 2004, 01:28 PM
Actually, Bangladesh need to build their innings step by step. They should have a plan that they should get at least 75 runs in the first 20 overs without losing more than 1 wicket. Then more 85 runs in the next 20 overs. That means the score will be 160 in 40 overs. They also need to realize that they should keep six or seven wickets in hand for the last 10 overs and have a target of 80 runs in the last ten overs.

If they do that, their score will be 240 after 50 overs. I do think, currently 240 is enough for them to win matches.

chinaman
August 17, 2004, 01:39 PM
I believe they do have all those nice plans and even more. But who's gonna execute the plan?

I'd be happy to have a score of 50 without loosing a wicket in the first 20 overs.

AsifTheManRahman
August 17, 2004, 01:44 PM
Well I think that a better idea would be to play according to the situation. On a flat batting pitch, we should fancy our chances and hit over the top. On a slower pitch, we would be better off working the ball around. On a bouncy pitch, we should get on the back foot more often, and try to defend more, and score off hooks and pulls. Overall, I think we should be more aggressive. Being over cautious has had us in the Asia cup.

Our players should try and relax a bit and play their regular game. Watching the Asia cup, I had the impression that they were trying to defend unnecessarily, and the pressure of putting up a good score had done it for them.

MondayMorningQB
August 17, 2004, 01:52 PM
For one day, I wouldn't mind if BD team becomes aggressive at the beginning and try to exploit the 1st 15 overs. Usually most of the cases for one day (day games), the pitches are prepared to help the batsman.

But my complain is, they try to play "Test Match" in one day game and vice versa in Test match.

AsifTheManRahman
August 17, 2004, 01:54 PM
agreed

Rubu
August 17, 2004, 04:58 PM
u know what bd players should do? they should play more stick cricket. not only u've to keep wickets, u also have to think big.

Zephaniah
August 17, 2004, 06:38 PM
Theory

10 runs at a time - preferably in 12 balls, then look for another 10 runs. Main aim should be to get those runs with as much 1s and 2s as possible. There are times in course of innings when RR tends to dry up, at that point 4s and occasional 6s would help to ease up the pressure. No fishing, unless batman sees the ball as big as a football ( after 60 odd runs, i guess). The key words are 'rotate the strike', punishing loose balls.

Contrary to popular believe to fragment the innings into 10-15 overs, our batters should rather apply aforementioned formulae to hold their mental-side-of-the-game together over a sustained period of time, resulting no loss of concentration.

rafiq
August 18, 2004, 01:08 AM
we need a Gant chart for all these plans. I see 117 all out. if they score more than that, we will win.

bourny3
August 18, 2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
I believe they do have all those nice plans and even more. But who's gonna execute the plan?

I'd be happy to have a score of 50 without loosing a wicket in the first 20 overs.
If this is what you want then the team should be opened by Rana and Omar.

Bangla Mostan
August 18, 2004, 05:11 PM
we must learn to concentrate in such strenious conditions..it is very difficult..but one swing is enough to start a destruction...we must learn to focus in long periods..we should try meditating for long lengths..it may help.

Ibrahim
August 18, 2004, 05:16 PM
If you batsman does not improve their techniques, then no plan will work.