PDA

View Full Version : Sumon and Taposh Injured

Mahmood
August 17, 2004, 06:03 PM
Inqilab report Sumon took a severe hit on his hand in batting practice. There was blood and X ray was done. No news on the result yet.

Taposh got hit on head, but no bleeding. However, after getting injured, he didnt bat any more.

Mahmood
August 17, 2004, 06:12 PM
According to prothom Alo, Taposh's injury is not severe. However, they also report awaiting on Sumon's x-ray.

They also report Manjarul got back pain from weight lifting. In 24 hours they will if its severe or not.

Rubu
August 17, 2004, 06:12 PM
according to bdkhela rana got slightly injured too.

this is what happens when kids starts to play with dady's tool box.

they really need to grow up now. all other teams do the same things, but only the tigers get injured.

chinaman
August 17, 2004, 06:16 PM
Well, the news is in our front page for a while now. Bashar's thumb is fractured and will take around 10 days for him to bat again - says Cordy.

Daily Star >> (http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/08/18/d40818040130.htm)

Mahmood
August 17, 2004, 06:20 PM
I am convinced now, Let Cordy do his job, BD players are too fragile. They need fitness bigtime.

chinaman
August 17, 2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
they really need to grow up now. all other teams do the same things, but only the tigers get injured. Now now Agent, please stop it. They are grown ups and professional. Just because they are in the spotlight and can't beat the higher professionals, doesn't make them under-grown-ups.

All other teams also get injury all the time. You want me to name a few?

C'mon, you need to grow up as real "test fan" yourself. :lol:

rassel
August 17, 2004, 06:57 PM
Oh well, if bashar misses out it in the trophy. Itís not a big deal cuz his ODI average is simply lame. he doesnít have much to offer now days, probably a duck or maybe double digit thats about it. So, cheers nothing to worry about.

btw as far as tapash concern he is always ready to roll when the real thing starts. little injuries here and there is not a big deal for him.

:umm:

Rubu
August 17, 2004, 07:19 PM
rassel did get a point here. in england's swing, bashar not gonna be of any use anyway. and as a cap'n, be must play. if he get injured and stay out, not a bad idea.

chinaman, yea, i'd like to know few names:

starting from asia cup camp, how many of the tigers did got injured? not to even mention the whole battelion of pacers sitting outside because of injury.

bourny3
August 18, 2004, 02:41 AM
Yeha what other teams get injuries. I remember when Australia had Warne(suspended) Mcgrath and Lee were out of the side at the same time. But that is all i can remember. Bangladesh have Mashrafe, Sharif and Talha out at the moment. Huge bowlers for our team

mohd azam
August 18, 2004, 03:09 AM
Habibul Bashar will take ten days to recover Manjural Islam Rana are injury

Rana will be recovering in time

Source (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/AUG/026208_BDESH_18AUG2004.html)

Edited on, August 18, 2004, 8:11 AM GMT, by mohd azam.

Asif
August 18, 2004, 03:10 PM
Hmm ..... bashar an taposh both got hit while practicing batting .... one on the fingers .. the other on the head! I wonder .. who is this divastating bowler?? Any idea?? :karate:

MondayMorningQB
August 18, 2004, 03:31 PM
Galo galo shob galo, Tasher ghorer moto sob galo.

Shey shongay gelo amader asha bhorosha.

Bashar, Taposh , Rana... next who? :-/

Zunaid
August 18, 2004, 03:39 PM
Heresy:

If Sumon is out of the Cahmpion's trophy, then perhaps it is a blessing in disguise. Sumon has been more a passenger than a driver in ODIs. His current ODI batting average is as good (or bad) as the lot of them. Having him sit out might actually be interesting. His place in the Test team is without question - but having captaincy makes it difficult for someone to make Sumon sit out of ODIs.

Aside: On injuries

Yes, injuries do happen to other teams - The Kiwi team leads all in numbers of key players injured and out . The difference between them and us is this: We do not have deep depth to replace one injured player with another with concomitant skills.

As myself.