PDA

View Full Version : To all Bashar Bashers

MondayMorningQB
August 19, 2004, 08:28 AM
So now you guys got your wish. Now don't start complaining again just after warm up matches. As Bashar is gone now (hope it's temporary), who's head do you want next?

As for me, for one day match, I would rather prefer Bashar's risky shots than Gulla ( as well as Rajin's) Golla balls ( dot balls).

Gulla and Co. can stick and settle down alright, but they don’t know how to accelerate runs after that. In the process too many wasted dot balls, too much pressure to the other batsman to recover the run rate.

To me, as long as Bashar is in the crease, there is some hope, with Gulla and now Rajin's “Thukani”. I see "Raising White Flag" from the beginning of the game.

I would rather see 150+ all out in 30 overs, than the same score in 50 overs with 2 wickets in hand. But it’s just me, the radical one, who prefer quick death rather than a painstakingly slow and tortuous death.

Either way, we are going to loose anyway!

AsifTheManRahman
August 19, 2004, 12:06 PM
bhai

apne abar bashar basher khuija pailen koi? it's hard to get hold of them these days...who the hell would dare talk rubbish about our best batsman?

Edited on, August 19, 2004, 5:07 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Rubu
August 19, 2004, 12:09 PM
now now.......

this is the same accusition that was used against gullu to through him out of odi squad is that he is not quick at scoring runs. well, asia cup was a whole new sight from that point of view. he was even more agressive than ash in opening.

Jo's odi strike rate is 50.21 where as sumans 57.07. where is the big difference? in every 100 bass, suman will make 7 more runs than javed.

MondayMorningQB
August 19, 2004, 01:37 PM
Name Games RR
---------------------------------------------------------------
Javed 30 50.21
Ashraful 35 63.51
Rajin 19 52.44
Bashar 53 57.07
Rana 10 52.98
Pilot 80 51.46
Sahariar 29 52.75
Hannan 20 53.71
Alok 42 65.81
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was also a little bit surprised by Javed's performance in the last series. Whether its a fluke or not, we will see in the coming series. I will watch very closely Javed 's performance this coming series. I hope he proves me wrong!

Basher have the 3rd highest SR after Ashraful & Alok among the active BD batsman, whereas even after a good series Javed still have the lowest SR.

Most of the star one-day batsman for other countries have a SR of around 70s. How can we expect to win with the big brothers with our opening batsman's 50 SR. True, Bashar also doesn't have the desirable SR of 60+, but at-least with his natural aggressive style, we can see some hope. With Javed in one day, I see no hope of increasing his SR and winning any game. That’s the different feeling I get while watching them batting. However, I have to admit that I only watched few games whenever I had a chance.

May be I am just a biased casual fan, ignoring the stats. I hope I am wrong, but my gut feeling is: Unless we get something great from the New Trio (Nafeez, Aftab, Nazmul), we will be in BIG, BIG trouble in England!

Edited on, August 19, 2004, 6:38 PM GMT, by MondayMorningQB.

MondayMorningQB
August 19, 2004, 01:47 PM
:great:Great! Bashar is fit for the Trophy!! Great!!!!:great:

:fire: Commn Bashar, show me the money!!! :fire:

I am also going to follow you very closely. Don't disappoint me. :fanflag:

Rubu
August 19, 2004, 03:27 PM
where did u get the news that basher is fit for the Trophy? or are u still in MondayMorningHO?

well, i'd rather have habibba than to have alok (prothom alo reported the possibility) in the squad now.

Zobair
August 19, 2004, 03:38 PM
Bashar is all but out of the Champion's trophy. May be just what he needs. A nice break from competitive cricket should refresh his mind and body and he can come back all cylinders firing for the winter season.I want his test average to go back above 40!

MondayMorningQB
August 19, 2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
where did u get the news that basher is fit for the Trophy? or are u still in MondayMorningHO?

I wish I am. I got the news from:

------------------------------------------------
Bashar Fit For Trophy (CricketWorld)
Bashar to recover soon (New Age)
------------------------------------------------

I guess, those are old news. :umm:

Edited on, August 19, 2004, 8:42 PM GMT, by MondayMorningQB.

bourny3
August 19, 2004, 07:28 PM
Yeah Bashar should miss and make 4 hundreds against New Zealand in the test series

rana
August 19, 2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by MondayMorningQB
:great:Great! Bashar is fit for the Trophy!! Great!!!!:great:

:fire: Commn Bashar, show me the money!!! :fire:

I am also going to follow you very closely. Don't disappoint me. :fanflag:

i think bashar would be miss Champion tropy

PoorFan
August 19, 2004, 08:16 PM
Bashar plays with natural "aggressive" style?
Well, he is aggressive but poor in judgment ( game, ball and himself too),
He is so aggressive that he forget his responsibility which he should be as a captain.
He is aggressive but unable to perform when it's crucial and so.
And he is so aggressive that he dont even feel that he might need to change his style ( attitude or motivation )
If we call it "aggressive" then it's OK with me.

MondayMorningQB
August 20, 2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
bhai

apne abar bashar basher khuija pailen koi? AsifTheManRahman.

Shobur-e Mawa Fall-A

Shobur Koren, Ash-te-se tara:P

MondayMorningQB
August 20, 2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by PoorFan
Bashar plays with natural "aggressive" style?
Well, he is aggressive but poor in judgment ( game, ball and himself too),
He is so aggressive that he forget his responsibility which he should be as a captain.
He is aggressive but unable to perform when it's crucial and so.
And he is so aggressive that he dont even feel that he might need to change his style ( attitude or motivation )
If we call it "aggressive" then it's OK with me.

"Well, he is aggressive but poor in judgment ( game, ball and himself too),"

- It depends, what is the basis of your standard. If you are comparing with players of other test playing nations, then yes. If you compare with BD players, then I disagree. His record speaks for himself.

"He is so aggressive that he forget his responsibility which he should be as a captain."

- Agree in the sense that the captaincy definitely effected his performance. May be BD need someone else as a captain, so that he can play his natural style without added pressure.

"He is aggressive but unable to perform when it's crucial and so."

- Again it depends, what is the basis of your standard. If you compare with other BD players, just tell me who are the other players that consistently performed when it's crucial? Again, his record speaks for himself.

"And he is so aggressive that he dont even feel that he might need to change his style ( attitude or motivation )"

- You cannot completely change your style. See what we have done to Rajin (specially in one days). In terms of attitude or motivation, don't you think its true for all the BD players?

As for me, I will choose players like “out of form” Basher than players like “in-form” Javed in a heartbeat for my one day team. Because I see hope when players like bashar are batting. In one day match there is nothing called a "Draw", therefore you shoot for the win. I have no problem selecting players like Javed in our test team.

I agree with some of you, that, this break will be personally beneficiary to Bashar. Whether it’s also true for the team or not: we will see.

PoorFan
August 20, 2004, 10:01 PM
MondayMorningQB,

Yes, I was comparing Bashar with other test playing country's players.
Since we are playing international match with other country,
and we don't compare with others and learn from them, how can we compete with them.
Best among the bottom means nothing, we will be always in bottom if get satisfied being best or good among us.

If we compare among us then Bashar's average is better then others, and we all know that.
I am not talking about his record, and I think his potential is much better than his record says.
He is just misusing his potential and talent unjustifiably, that's why I am not satisfied with his performance.
If he gets sincere, careful and responsible a little bit, then lot of things will change.
It doesn't mean to change his batting style, it's not that hard to achieve either,
if you are sincere and feel responsible, some of our late order batsman showing that gutsy attitude lately.

You are right, we see hope when players like Bashar are batting, and the whole country
have hope when they plays, but most of the time it turns up a nightmare. We had that so many time.
This also means they could be our heroes if they can prove themselves that they are the responsible one.

I am sure he will be the most respectable player in BD with his record as well,
if he work on his motivation and attitude sincerely.