PDA

View Full Version : Faisal Joined the Camp!

Rubu
August 22, 2004, 12:52 PM
According to bangladesherkhela, faisal has been called to join the training camp. the news for basher is not up yet. tuesday they will know whether he'll be fit for CT or not. in case he is not fit, faisal will be replacing him in the squad.

i don't think it was a good choice. but as several pages of the other thread suggested. there is no good choice.

AsifTheManRahman
August 22, 2004, 01:01 PM
damnit!

this guy's technique's even worse than a tail ender's!

to think that he got all those runs in our domestic cricket with that kind of a technique...

chinaman
August 22, 2004, 01:14 PM
I have high regards in his potential and ability. If he is handled properly, he can go a long way.

Personally I'm satisfied with his selection if it is really true.

Mueid
August 22, 2004, 04:03 PM
jus coz he;s selected doesnt really mean his gona be included in the playing eleven...

bourny3
August 22, 2004, 07:49 PM
Nah he wont play a game. Aftab will play for Bashar

sunniath
August 22, 2004, 08:15 PM
selectors have called faisal hossain as the replacement for sumon. comments please.

PoorFan
August 23, 2004, 12:13 AM
I am happy because they didn't call Alok, he need the rest first.
Faisal, I think he deserve one more chance. Good luck to him.

bourny3
August 23, 2004, 02:09 AM
Why not Shamsur that is shocking not to have him ahead of Faisal. I am a bit biased but he should be there. or Dhiman

Nasif
August 23, 2004, 02:36 AM
Well, not bad selection. But in swinging condition Faisal will have hard time. He is good hitter of the ball, but has really bad foot movement. That is what I can deduce from whatever amount I have seen him. I believe he willhave hard time in England where ball will swing a lot.

Zobair
August 23, 2004, 11:51 AM
Faisal is particularly suseptible when the ball is pitched up and swings due to his poor footwork.

Rubu
August 23, 2004, 12:22 PM
hope beyond hope.....

injury of one player opener the door for another superstar. it happened many time before. will we be experiencing one through the injury of habibba?

rockpundit
August 23, 2004, 01:08 PM
Well I dont know why but I have a good feeling about this guy.

Zephaniah
August 23, 2004, 03:08 PM
I had a good feelings about Faisal dude too and would like to see him scoring few runs in Englnad. But if he fails then we could reasonably say..enough is enough. I wish him all the best. Hope he gets a game or two in Ireland or scotland.

Mueid
August 23, 2004, 03:25 PM
i too think faysal has tremendous abilities..i cant attribute his failures with anything..but i don think he has been given enough chances compared to..say alok. i reckon he wil show everyone wat he's made of, pretty soon. n i do hope it comes in this champions trophy

Zobair
August 23, 2004, 03:32 PM
Well all of us are hoping that now that he has been given a chance he will take it with both hands. It was also sensible of Alok to rule himself out and take a break for 21 odd days. Hopefully he will come back having sorted out his problems which are mostly on the mental level.

Sakin
August 23, 2004, 04:27 PM
I feel faisal deserves a chance, atleast more than alok. I know a lot of u have been complaining bout faisal's footwork but i don't know if u have noticed but alok's footwork isn't a lot better. he always seems to play across the line the bowling(trapped a lot of times for lbw) and if the ball is outside off he is always fishing for it(ct in the slips) and this was during the asia cup. i haven't seen him play b4 asia cup since last ytear in australia and pakistan. but by the looks of his footwork i doubt alok is a better choice than faisal.

sunniath
August 23, 2004, 06:35 PM
I havent seen him playing yet. From your comments, I am assuming that he doent have good paduka karukaj. It will be difficult for him to score big with a poor footwork in English condition. I dont know how Bulbul is doing in Australia. He might have been a good replacement.

rafiq
August 24, 2004, 12:11 AM
Hate to pour water over this fire, but the chances of Faisal Hossain rectifying his abject footwork in the little time since the Asian Cup is next to nil. He needs some time and training to get that right. What you will be seeing is a lot of his off stump, getting blown away.

Mueid
August 24, 2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
Hate to pour water over this fire, but the chances of Faisal Hossain rectifying his abject footwork in the little time since the Asian Cup is next to nil. He needs some time and training to get that right. What you will be seeing is a lot of his off stump, getting blown away.

that mite be ur personal opinion but if u saw his domestic cricket records, u wudnt have said this. n besides, the selecters dint choose him for his off stump to be blown away..why dont we jus wait n watch wat he does instead of putting forward comments that will do us n him as well, no good.
Wish him luck

rafiq
August 24, 2004, 08:22 AM
did you see him play in the asia cup? Faisal needs some tweaking, there's nothing wrong with saying that. So sorry to hurt your feelings, though.

crazyisland
August 24, 2004, 08:34 AM
I know Faisal's recent performance would suggest otherwise but I think he is a very talented batsman specially for ODIs. Wishing him all the best.

betaar
August 24, 2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Mueid
Originally posted by rafiq

that mite be ur personal opinion but if u saw his domestic cricket records, u wudnt have said this. n besides, the selecters dint choose him for his off stump to be blown away..why dont we jus wait n watch wat he does instead of putting forward comments that will do us n him as well, no good.
Wish him luck

While itís true that Faisalís footwork is not up to par, the same time it doesnít sound nice to say that heíll be there only to see his off stump blown away.

His inclusion in the national team because of his success in the domestic cricket doesnít count for S*** knowing the level of our domestic cricket.

Though itís logical to give him another chance, because typically it wouldnít change the out come of the game anyway, itís also wrong to put him in English condition. His possibility of failing in that condition is much higher and is not fair to him in boosting his confidence. Iíd rather see him playing in our home series where heís most comfortable there.

bourny3
August 24, 2004, 07:53 PM
It wont matter he wont need to fail. Aftab Ahmad will bat at no. 4 or 5 and Rajin will be 3 and there will be no room for Faisal at all. He will just be some excess baggage.

Rubu
August 24, 2004, 09:11 PM
so that no more habibba to pull on first ball, this is what the best lineup i can come up with:

1. jo
2. nafis
3.ash
4. rajin
5. aftab
6. rana
7. pilot
8. rafiq
9. sujon/mushfiq
10. tapash
11. nazmul

i'm in huge favore of putting in ash as number 3 at the absense of sumon because i don't want a brand new person at number 3. and since aftab has this vivid experience of english condition, i kept him in front of faisal. and tareq was never on my list and never will be.

bourny3
August 24, 2004, 10:33 PM
I think that looks like the perfect team AgentSmith. who have you left out Aziz, and Faisal is that it. plus one of sujon and mushfiq

fwullah
August 25, 2004, 01:43 AM
1. jo
6. rana

Without Sumon, the whole batting line up looks SO SCARY! Except for Javed Omar, there is no batsman of over 25 age.

After 5 years, the same line up could be "WORLD THREATENING", but at this present moment, I am just too afraid to think of anything beyond 200.

P.S. I wonder how they'll do in Ireland and Scotland, especially the batting department.

PoorFan
August 25, 2004, 04:10 AM
I don't see a big difference whether Bashar is there or not.
And age is not a matter either, when desired performance is the top priority.
All out beyond 200, could happen with or without him.
Lets see what happen.