PDA

View Full Version : Way Ahead?

opening_batsman
December 10, 2002, 08:53 AM
Bangladesh needs to sack Mohsin Kamal, he has done nothing for Bangladeshi cricket since he took over. An Australian or South African coach needs to be hired as quickly as possible to teach our cricketers how to play Test Cricket and one day cricket, there is no other solution.
With the world cup coming only 2 players are guranteed places with current form Kapali and Mashud, the rest all need net practice with Shoaib Ackter and Brett Lee.

The team selection is mind boggling. How Al Sahariar is not in the team after the SA tour is beyond me, Test players should not be judged on one day internationals. Big mistake to bring back Aminul Islam, he is passed it. Why do Bangladesh persist with spinners, we need 4 seam bowlers.

For the 2nd test we need to recall Javed Omar, Al Sahariar, Khaled Mamoud, Tushar Imran.

drop Aminul Islam, Anwar, Ashraful and Bashar

What happened to Mehrab Hossain? He was a promising player in WC99.

fwullah
December 10, 2002, 11:10 AM
I have been asking the same question about Mehrab. Others on this board are replying to me saying that Merab is really out of form and he needs a long time to come back in form.

To me, he is still the best opening One Day batsman that we've got.

Mahmood
December 10, 2002, 12:20 PM
The problem with Mehrab is, he is not doing anything in the Dhaka League and National League, even didnt do anything in the challenge trophy. So there isnt anything to build on to bring him back.

Pundit
December 10, 2002, 12:24 PM
Mehrab has had a fast fading interest in cricket over the past 2 years - he just isn't focused any more, with priority on anything but cricket !

Shubho
December 10, 2002, 01:34 PM
Too much ganja has clouded his vision, not to mention his mind. Unless he can motivate himself to play top-level cricket again, the question of selection for the national team does not even arise. Which is a bummer, because he was a really bright prospect after the last World Cup. He should have been peaking just about now.

Tehsin
December 10, 2002, 07:23 PM
BIdyut was on self exile (or probably ha a rift with BCB and decided to give up)
Opee was high on both our list and on Ganja. I still think he can return to form. After all this year, he is still our only ODI centurian.
When these two were on form, we had some of our best openings. We haven't had that in years now.
Age wise, both of them have plenty of time to correct themselves or their circumstances and make our current openers sweat for their spot.

James90
December 11, 2002, 01:02 AM
What are you crazy he got 20's in both innings the only one to get double figures in both innings. So long as he's gettting starts he should be there. When he converts them is when you don't think about dropping him at all. What do you think. I'm working from the bottom up so if there's a thread that has asked this i'll put it in that too

1.Sanwar
2.Golla
3.Ashraful
4.Sumon
5.Rokon
6.Sanwar
7.Alok
8.Mashud
9.Talha
10.Baisya
11.Monjural

Long batting list and 3 pacers

fwullah
December 11, 2002, 01:51 AM
Two Sanwars? Or are you talking about Anwar Hossain? Anwar Hossain has a really good temeperament, only immatured a lot for now. He also does not know how to handle the short staffs yet. At least not as good as even his last match opening partner - Hannan Sarkar.