PDA

View Full Version : Politics, all politics

urggh
December 10, 2002, 10:01 AM
you know whats the prob with bangladesh cricket politics, politics is that is the problem. all bmp and al jamal hell more ruining the country and cricket.............................

Pundit
December 10, 2002, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately, I will have to agree with this post, though not in as much a harsh and bias way.

I hope this series will be an eye opener to the really top brass leaders for appointing inept administrators, ministers, officers. Observe Arafat Rahman & Mr. Shaheen's credentials - "I love cricket, that is why I deserve a position here."

I'm not sure what jamaat has to do with our seemingly terminal decline in results, but it did begin with the departure of Mr. Saber - though this might be a coincidence, as it was around that time that the team bagan facing considerably stronger oppositions. Zimbabwe and India of 2000 really never was meant to indicate to our real strength.

But that is just a diversion - I will have to disagree with the posts in the other thread - a really good coach will make a difference. With BD, his role will actually be "coaching" in addition to management. Folks like Greenidge, A. Roberts, E. Burlow, with high level experience with considerable success, do make differences.

Mohsin Kamal/Chappell really could never be able to coach fundamentals - how can they - they were themselves inept at that.

The bottom line is clear, going forward, we need to spend more money, much more, whip the boys..yes, turn them into anybodies bitches, but the opposition's, and finally, get some seriously capable, dedicated, and "less" corrupt folks to run the show.

Just my thoughts - sure everybody was well aware of these.

Shubho
December 10, 2002, 01:27 PM
There we go...I'd like to agree one hundred percent with pundit. In BD's case, our coach is just that: a coach, not just a motivator. I realize that the players are just as much to blame. However, we're giving them the 'stick treatment' anyway. Any player who performs poorly is immediately replaced. In Mohsin Kamal's case we brought him in to produce concrete results. He has failed to induce any improvements whatsoever. So...HE MUST GO.

And I'd also like to question Tareq Zia's cricketing credentials...as a non-cricketer, Saber Hossain's nomination was dubious but lucky...that doesn't mean we have to continue appointing individuals with absolutely no relevant background. Besides, it's complete nepotism anyway...I'm surprised no-one's said anything about that yet.

Pundit
December 10, 2002, 01:56 PM
That's only because Tareq Zia has nothing to do with BD cricket !!

bd_cricket
December 10, 2002, 02:06 PM
I disagree - I think Tareq Zia is the one who put Ali Asgar Loby (owner of Haowa Bhaban) as the head of BCB and Loby is putting his all his followers in all director positions. One of the position he gave to Arafat Zia who I beleive never had any cricket affiliation. So that's the way nepotism is going on in BCB. It's very unfortunate that we couldn't appoint a set of sensible selectors for our team.

Pundit
December 10, 2002, 02:25 PM
Uh-ho, I stand corrected !!

BTW, between Shubho, bd_cricket, bangla_amar, uurgh...how many posters are we looking at ??

Shubho
December 10, 2002, 06:15 PM
i'm shubho, and not bd_amar or uurgh or anybody else for that matter...i don't have an identity crisis as yet. That might change though if BD continue accept defeat so readily...I might just apply for that shitty Austrian citizenship.

rafiq
December 12, 2002, 09:12 PM
well as you know saber is back for a second stint in jail this month, and if he is suffering the same fate as shahriar kabir and others arrested in the recent roundups, he is having to drink water out of the toilet just to fight dehydration.

now, my point of bringing this up is, this kind of treatment should not be reserved only for saber but for all ex-BCB chiefs, selectors, directors, etc for failing on the job - the threat of having to drink toilet water may work wonders for these folks.

Shoikoth
December 12, 2002, 09:19 PM
rafiq mia go test the toilot water in india, direct from gangar jal with the blessings of your loved sadhuu. Do it while you can before i make you drink the bnp water

rafiq
December 12, 2002, 11:16 PM
ha ha, i knew shoikoth would show up sooner or later!

Tehsin
December 13, 2002, 02:41 AM
Seems like Shoikoth only has problem with anyone who might hint at 'dishonoring' BNP. Got news for you bhai, there are bigger BNP supporters in this board then you. I don't support any of them but I know that Sheikh Mujib was our strenght during the War and Zia was the last honest president we had. Why would anyone support any of the leaders now is beyond me as I think ERSHAD was a much better person then either of the NETRIs.

If I were you, I'd take it up with my politicians and ask them when they are going to start giving a damn about my country instead of trying to pick a fight with someone for words YOU PUT in their mouth (ie, you only hear what you want to hear).

Here is the thing, if you have a problem with ANY of the people on the board, create YOUR OWN BOARD and invite him over to discuss the issue. Said this before, saying it again. DO NOT take a jibe at any of the members. Beshi jodi shokh hoi, just post a decent invitation for the member to go join your board and you two can take it up there. we won't mind checking it out either.

Tehsin
December 13, 2002, 02:49 AM
This is just too much. Do they have anything concreate on the guy. A theatre gets blown in Mymensingh and they catch who ? If he is responsible, good thing but if he is not - how does this make sense ? not that it's anything new, people get thrown in jail for the wrong reasons all over the earth.

Unless you live in la la land, you know how much insanity we have in the US - we've got a great law enforcement system but yet, criminals get away with murder, ENRON. If we can;t keep things strainght in the US what chance do we have in Bangladesh ? our players are just an extension of our politicians. GO FIGURE.

If you do some research, you'll see that a lot of (rich/successful) criminals have managed to stay out of jail or got away with the minimum punishment after robbing millions while a mugger would get life.

It's gonna be fun if AL comes back to power next time. Who do you think will go to jail first ? The Zia's or one of their MPs ? When will this joke end?

Enough politics for one day.