PDA

View Full Version : Who, Mortaza aside is your best quick?

Gary Niblock
August 26, 2004, 06:51 PM

Nasif
August 26, 2004, 06:58 PM
You missed few of the upcoming youngsters from the u19 squad:)

chinaman
Currently Tapash. But Talha and Shahadat are coming along within a year or so. Nazmul Hussain is a fresh from the U19 squad and has the potential to go a long way.

Rubu
this is such a hard question, and i still could not decide. so did not vote yet.

shahadat (not on the list) is the fastest of all in speed. but he is actually getting beaten by eng u19. so, not him.
definately not, mahmud, babu, manju, anwar or tareq.
talha could be a good one, but still need polish.
mohammad sharif (not on the list) is another possibility but his injury period is so long, i wonder he'll ever come back with full strength.
right now, it has to be tapash.

Edited on, August 27, 2004, 2:55 AM GMT, by AgentSmith.

fwullah
August 27, 2004, 12:25 AM
This is a very tricky question.

If you'd ask, who is our fastest besides Mashrafee, then yes, Shahadat/Talha are faster or similar in speed than Mashrafee.

If you'd ask, who is our most accurate seam bowler, I'd say Mushfiqur Rahman, Monjurul Islam or Tapash Baisya.

If you'd ask who is the best pace bowler besides Mashrafee, in terms of taking wickets? I'd say Talha in Test match cricket.

IF you'd ask who are the most expensive pace bowlers besides Mashrafee? I'd say Tareq Aziz, Anwar Hossain Munir, and sometimes Khaled Mahmud.

BUT WHO IS THE BEST QUICK? I'd say, in One Day cricket, Tapash Baisya is making a name for himself by becoming the most improved bowler in a very short time. But then again, he's not always consistent, no one in Bangladesh is.

Ahmed_B
August 27, 2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
I'd say, in One Day cricket, Tapash Baisya is making a name for himself by becoming the most improved bowler in a very short time.

yes... this man is earning strong respect from the opponents every time.. and I think he is also quite handy in TEST matches as well..

I wil always remember his firey eye-2-eye bowling vs Sarwan in the test series vs WI very recently... and eventually its Tapash who won!...

best of luck to him n lets hope he developes as the second best among the seniors...

about the newcomers... we got insufficieant bowling data.. and also.. they are yet to be tested in big matches..
All the best wishes to them also!

Gary Niblock
August 27, 2004, 09:28 AM
well im sorry i havent the knowledge of bangladesh cricket i do of india, n.ireland, pakistan and england. but those were the main ones i knew.

Ibrahim
August 27, 2004, 09:29 AM
at this moment (short term) my choice is taposh. He is a very hardworking guy and giving full concentration to improve his quality and fitness.

oracle
August 27, 2004, 09:44 AM
Tapash without a doubt and for the forseeable future.
But Nazmul, Shahadat and Talha (not out of contention) will start to hog the limelight in the near future for sure, maybe from end of next year if I were to speculate.

AsifTheManRahman
August 27, 2004, 01:37 PM
Shahadat, Talha, Tapash

AsifTheManRahman
August 27, 2004, 01:39 PM
I'd say that no matter who comes and goes, Tapash should remain in the team. He's doing very good, and can turn out to be a great fast bowler some day.

Bangla Mostan
August 27, 2004, 03:23 PM
Tapash at the mo is the fastest..with his career best soo far of 4-16 against West Indies..he has every right to be titled the fastest (after Mazri):clap: