PDA

View Full Version : Confused about GMT Time

fwullah
August 29, 2004, 01:10 AM
I used the calculator to find out the timing of today's match.

I am confused about something. As far as I know, the difference between Bangladesh and UK time zones are 5 hours during summer time and it is 6 hours during the winter season. I don't know from exactly which date this starts and finishes.

Doesn't GMT timing fall in that category? In that case, is the timing right? And if it is OK for the moment, when will it change?

AsifTheManRahman
August 29, 2004, 01:16 AM
i think it's 5 hrs right now. in canada, time changes in december, and then back again in april. shouldn't it be the same for britain?

mahbubH
August 29, 2004, 01:18 AM
See This site (http://www.nmm.ac.uk/site/request/setTemplate:singlecontent/contentTypeA/conWebDoc/contentId/344/navId/00500300f00h)

Edited on, August 29, 2004, 6:21 AM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

Rubu
August 29, 2004, 01:23 AM
not sure, but i think what is GMT is never get changed. the difference from GMT to bangladesh is +6. but, its the BST (british standard time that gets changed).
Apart from confusings, the game will start at 3:45pm bangladesh time

talking about time change. the rule usa follows, on the first sunday of april at midnight time will change, and u'll add one hour to your clock. i.e. what was 10am next morning will be 11am.

then, six month latter, on the first sunday of october (asif, are u sure its december? canada and michigan has the same time all the time, i believe). u've to subtruckt one hour.

AsifTheManRahman
August 29, 2004, 01:29 AM
oh yeah it's october i think...i remembered it was during one of my exams...probably messed up mid terms and finals...lol