PDA

View Full Version : 1st OD: Good Learning Experience?

fwullah
August 29, 2004, 10:29 PM
It was a pretty good learning experience for our youngsters, especially Rajin Saleh, what do you say?

Tehsin
August 29, 2004, 11:39 PM
We stunk up the place. I voted no but then changed my mind because we could learn a lot from the match. For example, Have a batting line up that goes down to number 6 or 7. We have so-called allrounders coming in as early as number 6. Also, why haven't we figured out the problem with our middle order ? They have been consistently flopping match after match and today was one of their worse days. After Golla and Nafees brought the team upto 144 for 2, we were in a strong position to finish the match with 4-6 wickets in hand and maybe even save couple of overs instead, we crawled to win from the last ball (Thank you Rajin and Tapash) with only 1 wicket (I believe Mushfiq was injured and thus wasn't going to bat) in hand.

Golla and Nafees can open with Rajin at number three, Aftab at 4 and Ash at 5. We need one more solid batsmen. No Mushfiq, Pilot, or Shujon, even though Pilot has proven himself worthy. We need a REAL allrounder who can BAT well and bowl well (Kapali's promise has been the best one so far). With four bowlers making up numbers 8-11 (pilot being 6/7), Ash and Rajin can provide part-time support. I don't think they are any worse then a Shujon or Rana in most matches.

Also, BD players lose their wickets when they try to accelerate the run rate and are absolutely bad about taking those vital singles. That is really making it hard for BD to post a sizable total in the board and that's soomething BCB and Whatmore can focus on more closely.

PoorFan
August 30, 2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by tehsin
After Golla and Nafees brought the team upto 144 for 2, we were in a strong position to finish the match with 4-6 wickets in hand and maybe even save couple of overs instead, we crawled to win from the last ball (Thank you Rajin and Tapash) with only 1 wicket (I believe Mushfiq was injured and thus wasn't going to bat) in hand.

Also, BD players lose their wickets when they try to accelerate the run rate and are absolutely bad about taking those vital singles. That is really making it hard for BD to post a sizable total in the board and that's soomething BCB and Whatmore can focus on more closely.
I agree with Tehsin.
It's too early to say youngsters learned experience from this match.
Yes, Rajin may learned something for sure.