PDA

View Full Version : Coach is no solution

bangla_amar
December 10, 2002, 01:41 PM
I recall Imran Khan's last visit where he put it succinctly what's the importance of a coach really is behind a team's performance.

Domestic structure = 80%
Coach = 10%
others =10%

Without a well built highly competitive domestich structure with quality pitches, bd cricket will go nowhere.

Shubho
December 10, 2002, 01:48 PM
but Mohsin Kamal needs to be sacked anyway. He's bulls***, and neither Imran Khan or any other Pakistani should come to his defense. I'm sick and tired of his bull.

I say, the first thing we ought to do is make the BCB democratic, like Saber Hossain had planned and had implemented, only for it to be deemed unconstitutional by the present government. Go figure. And nobody seems to mention that. We would have had people with strong cricketing credentials having an impact on the domestic cricket scene. Everything else would have followed. First off, we wouldn't have spend bucks hiring a pitiful coach from Pakistan. Second, there would have been no internal bickering or power struggles within the BCB under a democratic set up. And no darn nepotism either (hint, hint...Tareq Zee - Aai - Ay)

bangla_amar
December 10, 2002, 03:14 PM
Shubho, I guess you wanted say arafat rahman instead of tareq zia. so far haven't heard anything aobut tareq zia's involvement in the cricket.