PDA

View Full Version : BTV

fwullah
July 16, 2002, 01:14 AM
I know that when England has a test match, England's national TV channel shows the test match live and cable TV channel shows the one day match (maybe the test match as well - live).

In today's prothom alo, I saw the news that BTV will show the one day matches of Bangladesh in SL live - full, but they will show the test matches of Bangladesh in highlights - at night from 10:30 PM till 11:30 PM.

Tehsin
July 16, 2002, 02:07 AM
It's about viewership. Test match is BORING. I'd watch it, you'd watch it but maximum people will stay away. There is no point for BTV to show those matches as the sponsorship won't cover enough.

However, seeing that our boys still think an inning lasts around 70 overs or less in a 3/5 day game, BTV might be able to show the Bangladesh innings during the tour. It will only take a few more minutes then the highlights. :)

fwullah
July 16, 2002, 04:01 AM
My only shantona is that Ten Sports channel - the football world cup channel of South Asia will show the full matches live of Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka.

If only Cricinfo would have been good enough and showed the 3 day matches live scorecard, then it would have been kella fote.

Mahmood
July 16, 2002, 10:11 AM
You are watching all games in Bd live, and you are complaining about no live update on the practice match?

Here we are, cant even remember when we saw BD play live last time.

(sigh) Life is truely unfair.

Tehsin
July 16, 2002, 11:41 AM
Bolte den, bolte den. Amra to ODi highlights o pabona, amader ki. Abar ekta koto boro shobdo lagiye diyeche - UNFAIR.
(khek)