PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread:Bangladesh v South Africa;ICC Champions Trophy ODI

Pages : [1] 2

bourny3
September 11, 2004, 08:16 AM
Bangladesh play their first match in the ICC Champions Trophy tomorrow. The game will be played at Birmingham.
The weather forcast is fine and 17*C.

game starts at:

9:15 GMT
5:15 AM EDT (GMT - 4)
3:15 PM BDT (GMT + 6) [bangladesh time]
10:15 AM BST (GMT+1) [local]
Important Links:
Live Score (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/BDESH_RSA_ICCCT_ODI4_12SEP2004.html)

CHAT:IRC: Join <a href="../games/chat" target=new>CricInfo Live Text and BanglaCricket chat</a>

Hopefully Bangladesh can compete well and maybe win.

I am optimistic

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 11:51 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: Title amendment

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 11:54 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: Links moved here

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 11:55 PM GMT, by oracle.

Rubu
September 11, 2004, 11:39 AM
To make this thread the offical match thread:

game starts at:

9:15 GMT
5:15 AM EDT (GMT - 4)
3:15 PM BDT (GMT + 6) [bangladesh time]
10:15 AM BST (GMT+1) [local]

weather says, a bright morning but possibility of rain latter on. we might have to wait 'til the 2nd day to get a result (feeling thrilled because this remained me of the ICC trophy, we won them all).

LINKS:

this is the most common link from CricInfo Live Score (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/BDESH_RSA_ICCCT_ODI4_12SEP2004.html)

IRC: Join <a href="../games/chat" target=new>CricInfo Live Text and BanglaCricket chat</a>

but cricketnext.com sometimes gives the score faster than cricinfo, and we might check that out during the game. They do not have a active link yet.

People in USA, go to bed early so that do not miss the sleep, since this is weekend, we can expect most member to be here, other than of course those lucky ones who gonna be in the field.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag:

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 7:36 PM GMT, by nasif.
Reason: More Links added

moin747
September 11, 2004, 12:03 PM
4th Match: Bangladesh v South Africa at Birmingham, 12 Sep 2004

live Scorecard (http://live.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004/OD_TOURNEYS/ICCCT/SCORECARDS/frames/BDESH_RSA_ICCCT_ODI4_12SEP2004.html)
is there any live vedio of match tomorrow?
one thing is that all three team win by first batting
will it defent on toss 2morrow match

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40060000/jpg/_40060112_saleh203.jpg

link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/bangladesh/3647888.stm)

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 5:23 PM GMT, by moin747.
Reason: add img

Bangla Mostan
September 11, 2004, 12:11 PM
Good luck Deshi boyz..play like tigers man..

Unknown
September 11, 2004, 12:53 PM
Good luck Deshi boyz..play like tigers man..

I am beginning to think that our poor state in cricket is due to the fact that we play like tigers ;) Last time I checked, tigers don't know how to play cricket...:umm: I hope this is not going to be the case tomorrow when we face the South Africans.

Batting first is always advantageous but I wonder how we will fare :rolleyes:

Bangla Mostan
September 11, 2004, 01:10 PM
playing like tigrs mean playing with aggression and not fearing anything..what our players have done in the past is crawl into their shells are hope for the stroke of luck..hence we always had rash shots and random swings.:cool2:

bdmoderator
September 11, 2004, 02:28 PM
Waiting for a <b>OGHOTON</b> in this match. I think Bangladesh current team has ability to do it now. :fanflag::flag:

Unknown
September 11, 2004, 02:46 PM
playing like tigrs mean playing with aggression and not fearing anything..what our players have done in the past is crawl into their shells are hope for the stroke of luck..hence we always had rash shots and random swings.

Yes I gathered that but I was been sarcastic about the situation of our cricketing. Theres no good of having a team when you do not play as a team. If Bangladesh plays as a team I am sure we can manage to impress at least.

mahbubH
September 11, 2004, 02:49 PM
12 players for today's match:

1.Javed
2.Ash
3.Nafees
4.Rajin
5.Aftab
6.Rana
7.Mushfiq
8.Masud
9.Rafique
10.Mahmud
11.Taposh
12.Nazmul

It seems either Mushfiq or Nazmul carry the drinks but Jugantor reported one of Mushfiq/Mahmud will play. That means to debutants Aftab and Nazmul!!

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 11, 2004, 03:15 PM
well i guess we are going to play with 11 man so i dont see any point of making a 12 man squad.

Zunaid
September 11, 2004, 03:35 PM
Didn't see the already existing thread:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=7169

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 8:38 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Reason: linked to the correct thread

Arnab
September 11, 2004, 03:45 PM
Rajin DEFINITELY needs to lose that ugly tabij-koboj from his neck. :)

PS. Mathai ki shorishar tel makhse naki? Looks like that.

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 8:46 PM GMT, by Arnab.

Unknown
September 11, 2004, 03:47 PM
I don't understand... whats with this tabij-koboj rubbish? Does it actually do him any good :embaressed:? Well anyway, we are but a hours away from the match, anyone getting nervous ;)?

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 8:49 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Reason: damn spelling

Navarene
September 11, 2004, 04:02 PM
Rajin looks gorgeous. All these "shorishar toil" and "tabij-koboj" thingy give him a new touch of his own style :)

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 11, 2004, 04:25 PM
yeap unique. and i am actually proud that even after becoming the captain he hasnt forgot his traditions. good job.

SS
September 11, 2004, 04:27 PM
Mr. Unknown that tabish-kobish and other things won't do any good..does mentioning it doing any good for you and us.

"Yes I gathered that but I was been sarcastic about the situation of our cricketing. Theres no good of having a team when you do not play as a team"...u mentioned that...are u also in "our" team...are u wishing the same way ppl over here wishes for the team...first we gota know who we are...BD will play no matter how the result will happen...people like me and you will always say something about BD
(view expressed over here is not intended to hurt any individuals feelings)

" am beginning to think that our poor state in cricket is due to the fact that we play like tigers Last time I checked, tigers don't know how to play cricket... I hope this is not going to be the case tomorrow when we face the South Africans.

Batting first is always advantageous but I wonder how we will fare "
We play like tigers and also rude and fierce backbiters like tigers when it comes to attack the team(e.g. me and many of you guys lol).....calling them tigers won't just imply that they will win all the time..not all the time tigers win when they prey? And theres lot of tigers right now(who born in "cages" and also taught in such a way not to "prey" because food will be provided anyways in sider the cage), looses its' characteristic but do you change their names from "Tigers"...Our Tigers carry our symbol and country same way maskot carries...

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 11, 2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Unknown
I don't understand... whats with this tabij-koboj rubbish? Does it actually do him any good :embaressed:? Well anyway, we are but a hours away from the match, anyone getting nervous ;)?

Edited on, September 11, 2004, 8:49 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Reason: damn spelling

ji bhai unknown,
i think you should actually have not written this post. because wearing tabis kobos is something really personal. and i dont think you have any rite to question that. if that is his belief then that is his belief. i dont understand why it should bother you so much. i think next time you would find something better to write about.

Unknown
September 11, 2004, 05:46 PM
FaltuRidwanBhai

Well it is my opinion that tabij-koboj are silly. I am allowed to express my opinion am I not :)? It does not bother me, I was just interested to know how people find it helpful thats all.

Who will be able to watch the match live? I probably wont be able to :(

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 11, 2004, 05:48 PM
anyway sorry unknown bhai for getting a little too excited with you.

Unknown
September 11, 2004, 05:56 PM
FaltuRidwanBhai no problem :)

It seems that I have unwittingly offended many people here.

Mr. Unknown that tabish-kobish and other things won't do any good..does mentioning it doing any good for you and us.

SS, please read the post above.

" am beginning to think that our poor state in cricket is due to the fact that we play like tigers Last time I checked, tigers don't know how to play cricket... I hope this is not going to be the case tomorrow when we face the South Africans.

Also please take into consideration that sometimes humor or sarcasm is intended to lighten the mood a little. If you failed to understand what I wrote then there is not much I can do. I am sorry if you misunderstood but anyway, let us get back to the topic and hopefully enjoy the game tomorrow :)

Navarene
September 11, 2004, 06:02 PM
nite nite guys...going to hit the bed now. love to wake up next morning with the roar of tigers! after following up the last few matches, it seems like there is moisture on pitch in early mornings which favors the bowler to have the ball swing...but then the wicket gets dried up and turns out to be more batting friendly. so i'd like tigers to decide to bat first if winning the toss, capitalize a decent total of some odd 230-250 runs. i am confident that the rest will be done by our bowlers. win and only a win that im gonna dream of tonight :fanflag:

Bangla Mostan
September 11, 2004, 06:34 PM
Unknown Bhai...i understand your frustration and also sense of frustration..but we are a very young team..who is on the learning curve...we are beginning to gel and mend some wounds that has hampered some aspects of our play......so its only a mater of time when our form truly hits the top...we have o not only be optimistic but realistic with our objectives here.:fanflag: win is just the icing on a very long cake.

Unknown
September 11, 2004, 06:46 PM
Bangla Mostan you are right. It is just a matter of time, as I pointed out in another thread, before we are amongst the top teams. It may take a while but we can certainly achieve that. The sweetest day will be when I see our team win a test match, and perhaps that may happen sooner than later :drool:

Pundit
September 11, 2004, 07:09 PM
Rajin looks as if he's heading for a Miami Night club. That Talisman is kinda like a Bengali Tattoo or something.

bourny3
September 11, 2004, 07:57 PM
The match starts in 8 hours and 20 minutes a long wait

Zephaniah
September 11, 2004, 08:59 PM
I really don't want to upset any of you, but I think we're gonna win this one :joy::joy::joy:

DOORBIN
September 11, 2004, 09:01 PM
The match will start at 7pm our time here in Australia. Can follow half of the game probably. Tomorrow is Monday morning and it will be a busy day tomorrow. I hope Bangladesh bats first. Morning will show the day....

For some reason I am getting a feeling that ..... BOLBO?

BOLLE TO BOLBEN JE BOLE DIYECHE....

Really, I am getting a feeling we will win. But there is an 'IF' in between. That 'if' is, if all of our 3 youngsters play the match. I mean, Nafis, Aftab and Nazmul. This new generation will be our lucky generation for cricket. What do you say?

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 2:03 AM GMT, by DOORBIN.

Zobair
September 11, 2004, 09:03 PM
Go Tigers! Make us proud! Give it your best. Play intelligent cricket. The result will take care of itself. We have got full faith in you.

bourny3
September 11, 2004, 09:11 PM
DOORBIN

Does that mean it will start at 6.30pm my time in Adelaide. Yeah i will probably watch the first innings because i will have school tomorrow and need to do some school work. I hope they play the youngsters and we will win if that happens. Well i am optimistic maybe DOORBIN you will be right. I hope so.

DOORBIN
September 11, 2004, 09:28 PM
bourny3,

I am not really sure about Adelaide time, but I just guessed if it is 3pm Dhaka time, it should be 7pm our time (Brisbane). What time have you got now in Adelaide? As I am writing this, it's exactly 12:30pm now in Brisbane.

Carte Blanche
September 11, 2004, 09:34 PM
Edited on, September 12, 2004, 4:30 AM GMT, by Carte Blanche.
Reason: .

Nasif
September 11, 2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by DOORBIN
bourny3,

I am not really sure about Adelaide time, but I just guessed if it is 3pm Dhaka time, it should be 7pm our time (Brisbane). What time have you got now in Adelaide? As I am writing this, it's exactly 12:30pm now in Brisbane.

This might be helpful also :
<a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/time.html>Cricket Time Calculator</a>

James90
September 11, 2004, 10:16 PM
Daylight savings hasn't occured yet has it? From experience English games usually start between 7.30 and 8. In Adelaide you're half an hour behind us so between 8 and 8.30, however if you have daylight savings it will be between 7 and 7.30

fwullah
September 11, 2004, 10:19 PM
How is the weather conditions there?

rana
September 11, 2004, 10:27 PM
GO tigers go :fanflag:

bourny3
September 11, 2004, 10:47 PM
In Adelaide we are half an hour behind Brisbane. So it will start at 6.30pm here as we are not in daylight savings yet. I think that starts around October. Thanx for helping everyone.

bourny3
September 11, 2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Match will start 11:45 south australia (adelaide) time.

I dont think it will start then Carte Blanche:lol:
If it starts at 7 in Brisbane it will be 6.30 in Adelaide. Am i the only person in the Banglacricket from Adelaide

iceprince
September 11, 2004, 11:10 PM
:fanflag: My choice of Bangladesh Team::fanflag:

Batting Order:

1. Javed Omar
2. Mohammad Ashraful
3. Nafis Iqbal
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Rajin Saleh (captain)
6. Khaled Mashud (wicketkeeper)
7. Mushfiqur Rahman
8. Khaled Mahmud
9. Mohammad Rafique
10. Manjural Islam Rana
11. Tapash Baisya

Bowling Order:

1. Tapash Baisya
2. Mushfiqur Rahman
3. Khaled Mahmud
4. Mohammad Rafique
5. Manjural Islam Rana

Options:

6. Mohammad Ashraful
7. Rajin Saleh

iceprince
September 11, 2004, 11:15 PM
I just wanted to choose the best of players available at this point of time. Hope you guys/gals can comment on it. And Bangladesh Cricket Team Rocks. :)

akabir77
September 11, 2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by iceprince
I just wanted to choose the best of players available at this point of time. Hope you guys/gals can comment on it. And Bangladesh Cricket Team Rocks. :)

Hmm Mr iceprince how do u know wether its gonna be pacy wkt or spiny????? I see u already chose 2 spinner and i don't see anyreason for putting 2 young bt in the front..... if you have followed india you would see it doesn't matter how good the yound player was they never deb in 2/3 positions....

Anyway good luck BDTeam though i am not that hopefull about winning just hope that nothing like usa,kenya happens here too...

Ehsan
September 12, 2004, 12:27 AM
Hey Iceprince! Welcome to BanglaCriceket. Where in Canada are you from?

Zobair
September 12, 2004, 12:36 AM
If you are wondering about weather conditions in Birmingham then the forecaset is postive. Rain is expeced to stay away though the temperatures are on the chilly side (for our boys).

UK met office site (http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/midlands.html)

Originally posted by fwullah
How is the weather conditions there?

Basri
September 12, 2004, 02:26 AM
waiting for a win today ................:fanflag:

mahbubH
September 12, 2004, 02:32 AM
Whenever I follow BD on net they don't do well. Today I cannot follow the match except for first few overs... so can hope a good show from (...) tigers!!

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 03:15 AM
any one who has Austar... I heard from a friend the match has skysports coverage? is it true?

moin747
September 12, 2004, 03:27 AM
this pictch is mostly for batting
max says

moin747
September 12, 2004, 03:46 AM
bangladesh win the toss and bangladesh is batting

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 8:47 AM GMT, by moin747.

Biplob
September 12, 2004, 03:47 AM
great news... Toss is very vital in english condition.

Biplob
September 12, 2004, 03:48 AM
does anybody know the playing eleven ?

moin747
September 12, 2004, 03:52 AM
all three are playing todays match, Nafis Iqbal ,Nazmul Hossain ,Aftab Ahmed

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 8:54 AM GMT, by moin747.

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 03:56 AM
That's good.

But why is there nothing on the scoreboard?

BanglaCool
September 12, 2004, 04:04 AM
I have a feeling today.
Its strong
Its winning!

:fire::fire::fire:

James90
September 12, 2004, 04:09 AM
Javed, Ashraful, Nafis, Rajin, Aftab, Mushfiqur, Pilot, Rana.......

amit(a huge BD fan)
September 12, 2004, 04:11 AM
bangladesh will win todays game against the rapidly declining saffies.

bd must believe that if nepal could beat the saffies in u-19 wc, then y cant the bd senior team beat the saffies senior team.

bd must aim for a 250 or more score today anything above 220 gives bd a chance since saffies have struggled with scores like 213 against sl.

:fanflag::great:

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 9:12 AM GMT, by amit(a huge BD fan).

Basri
September 12, 2004, 04:13 AM
Chacha is absent in the playing eleven........

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:14 AM
this is the team playing to day match
Bangladesh team:
Javed Omar, Mohammad Ashraful, Nafis Iqbal, *Rajin Saleh,
Aftab Ahmed, Mushfiqur Rahman, +Khaled Mashud,
Manjural Islam Rana, Mohammad Rafique, Nazmul Hossain,
Tapash Baisya.

South Africa team:
*GC Smith, HH Gibbs, JH Kallis, JA Rudolph, M van Jaarsveld,
+MV Boucher, SM Pollock, L Klusener, N Boje, CK Langeveldt,
M Ntini.

amit(a huge BD fan)
September 12, 2004, 04:15 AM
bhatija is in the team. aftab and nazmul making there odi debuts.

mahbubH
September 12, 2004, 04:15 AM
Rajin won all the tosses in this tour.. hmm he is from Sylhet huh!!

BD Tigers
September 12, 2004, 04:17 AM
interesting...they left out Chacha...

Carte Blanche
I'm surprised by chacha's absence. I thought his military medium pace could've been useful in these conditions. Musfiq get's the nod for supposedly additionall batting skills may be? :-/

Basri
Forget about chacha (the fighter) and concentrate on vatija (the winners:P)

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 9:19 AM GMT, by Basri.

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:18 AM
Bangladesh-2-0after 1 over

Carte Blanche
September 12, 2004, 04:18 AM
Any audio/video coverage at all?

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:19 AM
0.4 Pollock to Javed Omar, no run, on the stumps and he defends
0.3 Pollock to Javed Omar, no run, on the off stump and its edged but
drops short of slip
0.2 Pollock to Javed Omar, two runs, a short ball and its cut well
backward of point and a good sliding save by Ntini
0.1 Pollock to Javed Omar, no run, on the stumps and its guided to
gully

moin747
Mohammad Ashraful 4

Navarene
Is it a wise decision to pick Nazmul over Tareq? Lets hope Nazmul clicks:flag:

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:20 AM
Bangladesh 2/0 (1.0 ov)
South Africa Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat first

Bangladesh RR: 2.00

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:21 AM
1.1 Langeveldt to Mohammad Ashraful, FOUR, Lovely! An over-pitched ball
and he comes right to the pitch of the ball and executes a fine
cover-drive

Laneveldt to bowl

:clap::clap::clap::joy:

Basri
0.3 Pollock to Javed Omar, no run, on the off stump and its edged but
drops short of slip

Please don't edge again

DOORBIN
Oh yeah

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 04:22 AM
That 'Oh yeah' was for the 4 hit by Ash

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:22 AM
out

Carte Blanche
September 12, 2004, 04:23 AM
For those of you who don't know, BanglaCricket has a chat room too. It will get crowded there soon. You are welcome to join us there. You also get cricinfo commentary there. If you wish to access the chat room using an Irc client, the server address is:

irc.starlink.org
or,
irc.cricket.org

/join #banglacricket

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:23 AM
bd 7/1 after 2 over ash gone

James90
September 12, 2004, 04:24 AM
Ashraful is GOOOOOOOONE...Langeveldt strikes...time for Nafis to step up

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:24 AM
1.6 Langeveldt to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT: Excellent bowling and catch.
Drew him forward with a length ball and it swung away for an edge
to Kallis in the slips and he does not put those down
:-/

BD Tigers
September 12, 2004, 04:26 AM
typical Bangladesh start.

Basri
September 12, 2004, 04:27 AM
typical mental pressure for the bd fans.........

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:27 AM
drop and 4 runs 13/1 after 3over

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 04:28 AM
This is one reason why I don't like to see Ashraful opening. It the opening batsman position Ashraful's own choice?

For some reason I think he is not comfortable in that spot.

sadhat
September 12, 2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by moin747
You r faster than cricinfo.:great:

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:30 AM
out

BD Tigers
September 12, 2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by sadhat
You r faster than cricinfo.:great:

yea..moin747 bhai..r u watching it on tv or something?

moin747
15/2 javed out

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 9:31 AM GMT, by moin747.

arafath79
Whatmore k ki ekta achar dibo naki??? :tiger:

Beta Ahrafulre keno bare bare openning krahce??? Baal:mad:

Carte Blanche
JO gone! *sigh*

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:32 AM
Javed the Anchor Man is still there... hope he stays.. till the end

arafath79
September 12, 2004, 04:32 AM
Whatmore k kiachar dibo naki???
Beta modoner moto Ashraful k keno bare bare innings open korache????:mad:

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:33 AM
out

Basri
Pollock to Nafis Iqbal, FOUR, Edged and dropped!

What's going on??

moin747
CK Langeveldt 3 wicket
rajin out

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 9:34 AM GMT, by moin747.

Carte Blanche
Rajin gone for a duck, oh dear!

Alomelo
Originally posted by arafath79
Whatmore k kiachar dibo naki???
Beta modoner moto Ashraful k keno bare bare innings open korache????:mad:

whatmore er r ki option ache bolen???

James90
September 12, 2004, 04:35 AM
Langeveldt has 3

Alomelo
Same old ****....

arafath79
Javed is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basri
rajin gone

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 04:36 AM
rajin is gone too
DUCK

AGC
omg! 3 out...

Carte Blanche
Dukkher chote amar hashte iccha kortese

arafath79
Whatmorer ar kono option nai :(
Sobgula modon!!!!!
Khali ashe r jay!!!!! Shob gulare laathi mara dorkar.

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:37 AM
4-4-0
16/3

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 04:38 AM
kothay lathi marben?

chinaman
September 12, 2004, 04:39 AM
Hope the young guns play a little watchfully.

Carte Blanche
We need Uday Hussain type of punishment for these lazy bums.. failure should result in torture... bhoyre chote khela shikhbe ei modon gula

moin747
all pressure on aftab n nafis

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:40 AM
rat 4.30 e ghum na gia ai khela dekhar (mane cricinfo r commentary ) koono jucktikota pacchi na.....
:-/

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 9:41 AM GMT, by Alomelo.

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 04:41 AM
Now it all depends on the youngsters......

People with almost no experience

Basri
September 12, 2004, 04:41 AM
ekhon runrate-er barota bajbe........

chinaman
September 12, 2004, 04:42 AM
Where this "Leje Vate" come from anyway?

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:42 AM
18/3 ofter 6 over

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
Where this "Leje Vate" come from anyway?

South africa

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:44 AM
180 projected score???

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 04:45 AM
more like 100

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:46 AM
out aftab

chinaman
out

James90
Pollock strikes! 4 down

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:47 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:48 AM
below 100 ... projected score!!!!

arafath79
September 12, 2004, 04:48 AM
laathi maro salader

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:49 AM
ato dukkho ki korom.... gala gali korteo er ruchi te dicche na.... er koto .....

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:50 AM
:mad::-/:exclamation:
4/4/0/0-21/4

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 04:51 AM
To Bat: +Khaled Mashud, Mushfiqur Rahman, Manjural Islam Rana,
Mohammad Rafique, Nazmul Hossain, Tapash Baisya

mashud - 30
mushfiq - 10
manjural - 20
rafiqqa - 15
bakira duck

total projected score 95

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:52 AM
95?? amara mone hoi.. tao parbo na...

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:53 AM
22/4 in 8 over

arafath79
September 12, 2004, 04:54 AM
amader kaoka run korte hobe na, sonar chelera jadi kichu korta pare.
nahole laathi mara dorkar.

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 04:55 AM
bd batsmen der score dekle mone hoy karo phone number.... 4480005...

moin747
September 12, 2004, 04:57 AM
madin over 22/4 in 9

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by BDFan
To Bat: +Khaled Mashud, Mushfiqur Rahman, Manjural Islam Rana,
Mohammad Rafique, Nazmul Hossain, Tapash Baisya

mashud - 30
mushfiq - 10
manjural - 20
rafiqqa - 15
bakira duck

total projected score 95

You forgot Nafis Iqbal, who is still there. Add 62 to Nafis.....

All I am hoping is if we could play the entire 50 overs....

ER CHEYE BESHI AAR KICHU ASHA KORINA

Carte Blanche
September 12, 2004, 04:59 AM
Bangladesh team should wear fwullah's formula of success as a "tabiz" and then go out to play.

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 04:59 AM
bhai.. mone hoitache... bat ta...batsman der P*** dia dhukai dei.... er shojjo hoitache na

Basri
September 12, 2004, 05:00 AM
All I am hoping is if we could play the entire 50 overs....

ER CHEYE BESHI AAR KICHU ASHA KORINA
Beshi kichu asha kora bhul..................

BDFan
September 12, 2004, 05:00 AM
add 62 to nafis? thats a bit far fetched.... but would be nice if it happens though

realistically... lets assume he will get 45.. and get out in the nervous 40's

so bd projected score is 125

Biplob
September 12, 2004, 05:01 AM
Footwork problem ( great problem )..... if you are following cricinfo live coverage...you will see their commetator are blaming bangladeshi batsman for poor footwork.

moin747
2 off the over 24/4-10

billah
Nafis is just lucky to be out there still. Survived several scares already, dropped once.

Basri
September 12, 2004, 05:03 AM
9.2 Langeveldt to Khaled Mashud, no run, pushed to cover and a
misunderstanding on the call and almost a run out

Carte Blanche
Let's hope he rides his luck and salvages some pride.

billah
Faisal should get a chance next game.

PoorFan
September 12, 2004, 05:04 AM
I find it very hard to say anything about this match.
How come it always happen with our team, when it's real match.

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 05:05 AM
Why didnt nafis keep going with his fast scoring. It wouldnt matter if he got out cos everyone else is.

capslock
September 12, 2004, 05:07 AM
Haha, looks like I overpredicted with my 179/9. I don't know why you guys set yourselves up for disappointment every time, associate bullies are all we are, that's the best we can aspire to be.

moin747
September 12, 2004, 05:07 AM
27/4 in 11.2
khaled off the mark 1

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 10:11 AM GMT, by moin747.

arafath79
September 12, 2004, 05:09 AM
Nafis has been survived for several times :bravo:

billah
September 12, 2004, 05:10 AM
Reality is that our team members have been playing very mediocre against weak opponents in the practice matches. This would lower your standards every time. Against quality professional bowling, you just have to be mentally tough. However, Ash's out was just unlucky & I think he will bounce back next match.

Alomelo
September 12, 2004, 05:12 AM
every time the same story...... when will the next match come???

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 05:12 AM
We have gained some maturity as a team. Don't worry mate, we will score close to 200. By the way, is Khaled Mahmud playing? Is Mushfiqur Rahman playing? What about Md Rafique?

billah
September 12, 2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
Why didnt nafis keep going with his fast scoring. It wouldnt matter if he got out cos everyone else is.

He's taking blind shots all over the place, it seems he is trying to go out with a bang.:P

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 05:16 AM
he has hit a 3 and a 4 in successive balls. :fire:

billah
September 12, 2004, 05:16 AM
Here comes Langveldt, looking for his 4th.

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 05:18 AM
13.4 Langeveldt to Nafis Iqbal, one run, drives and edges it to third
man
Dont do that????

This is Nafis Iqbals highest ODI score

PoorFan
September 12, 2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
he has hit a 3 and a 4 in successive balls. :fire:
Yeah, we need him to stay there as long as possible.

moin747
September 12, 2004, 05:19 AM
37/4 in 14 over

billah
September 12, 2004, 05:22 AM
Good thing is we just passed SL's lowest ODI score.:P

bourny3
FoW: 1-7 (Mohammad Ashraful, 1.6 ov), 2-15 (Javed Omar, 3.3 ov),
3-15 (Rajin Saleh, 3.5 ov), 4-20 (Aftab Ahmed, 6.5 ov).

Current partnership 18
Lets see this partnership to 100 or so

moin747
38/4 in 15 over
1 off the over

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 05:23 AM
14.5 Ntini to Nafis Iqbal, no run, a cracking cover-drive but straight
to cover
He has his eye in he just cant pick the gaps

capslock
September 12, 2004, 05:24 AM
The lesson boys and girls is that South Africa, no matter how badly they play will never lose to Bangladesh.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:24 AM
4 from Nafees and its 43/4

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 05:26 AM
Ferdous are you watching on TV or on cricinfo because you were quick for that.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:27 AM
i am waching live on Sky sports

moin747
45/4 in 16 over
7 of the over

bourny3
7 off the over. Go nafeees.

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 05:28 AM
Ferdous is that in Australia or what country

Basri
Originally posted by capslock
The lesson boys and girls is that South Africa, no matter how badly they play will never lose to Bangladesh.
BDFan is still hoping and I am too.:D

chinaman
Originally posted by Alomelo
bhai.. mone hoitache... bat ta...batsman der P*** dia dhukai dei.... er shojjo hoitache na Dear Alomelo

Enough strong words from you already. No more please.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:29 AM
i'm in London

arafath79
September 12, 2004, 05:30 AM
Nafis is going for his century.:lol:

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 05:30 AM
Oh and not at the match. How far is london from Birmingham

Carte Blanche
September 12, 2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by arafath79
Nafis is going for his century.:lol:

Don't jinx him dude!

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:32 AM
its about 2 and half an hour journey

moin747
September 12, 2004, 05:33 AM
madin over by M Ntini
45/4 in 17

Carte Blanche
It's good that you didn't go there ferdous. Humiliating performance :( I'd want my money back if I went to watch that game

billah
9 dot balls in a row.

ferdous
Nafees just survived a bouncer and it could have been the end of him.

arafath79
Lance Klusener is still playing :wow: wow!!!!!!!!!
That man is a lion.

billah
September 12, 2004, 05:34 AM
Zulu's still got it, he's bowling tight!

maksud
September 12, 2004, 05:34 AM
bhai; amar kintu bhaloi lagtase; karon erokom na khelle (45/4, 16 overs) BD BD bhab ta thake na. mone hoi khub apon:lol:
:lol:

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:35 AM
brilliant shot by Pilot and its 50/4
:great:

capslock
September 12, 2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Alomelo
bhai.. mone hoitache... bat ta...batsman der P*** dia dhukai dei.... er shojjo hoitache na

Actually, from their footwork, it seems the batsmen are already suffering from that condition.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:36 AM
:bravo: another 4 from Nafees

capslock
September 12, 2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by maksud
bhai; amar kintu bhaloi lagtase; karon erokom na khelle (45/4, 16 overs) BD BD bhab ta thake na. mone hoi khub apon:lol:
:lol:

:D:D:D

moin747
September 12, 2004, 05:37 AM
50/4 in 18over
5 off the over

potshot
September 12, 2004, 05:38 AM
I am watching the match live and I must say Nafees looks confident which is a refreshing change from the typical insecure looking BD batsmen. But the "cream" of the batting viz. Omar, Ashraful and Saleh looked all at sea against the seaming deliveries. I do not think they are as good as they are made out to be in this forum.

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 05:40 AM
Just let them stay on the ground. Runs will flow automatically.

No worries

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:41 AM
another 4 from Nafees
:bravo:

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:42 AM
another 4. 2 in 3 balls

moin747
September 12, 2004, 05:42 AM
55/4
5off 19over

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:43 AM
Nafees is out.

chinaman
September 12, 2004, 05:43 AM
out!

James90
September 12, 2004, 05:44 AM
GONE! Nafis departs

capslock
September 12, 2004, 05:44 AM
Nafees should cool it, we need both him and Mashud (but especially him) to stay until the 45th over at least.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:45 AM
Rana in

moin747
8 off the over20 63/4

potshot
Nafis threw his wicket away when he was looking good. A case of overconfidence which prompted him to play one shot too many.

DOORBIN
potshot,

Take it easy mate.

Javed Omar and Mohammad Ashraful are really good. Everyone has a good day and a bad day. We have a pretty good team as beginners in world cricket....

Keep watching. Cricket is a game full of uncertainty.

moin747
September 12, 2004, 05:46 AM
nafis out

PoorFan
September 12, 2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by potshot
Nafis threw his wicket away when he was looking good. A case of overconfidence which prompted him to play one shot too many.
Yeah, so sad. But was a good fight though.

billah
September 12, 2004, 05:47 AM
I would love to see this type of 40s from others now.

DOORBIN
September 12, 2004, 05:48 AM
The reason for Nafis's being out?

IRRESPONSIBILITY AND CARELESSNESS................

PoorFan
September 12, 2004, 05:50 AM
BD in deep trouble, Let see how late order play today.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:51 AM
Rana nearly out. The umpire gave legbye but the replay showed it came came from the bat. Could have been out

maksud
September 12, 2004, 05:52 AM
our team should be called as "replay team". Because we are always show the audience recorded display by pushing replay button almost every time for last 3 to 5 yrs.

Ahmed_B
September 12, 2004, 05:53 AM
Nafees shud hav taken the responsibility of having a big innings.. rather than try to become a FAST HERO!

billah
The reason for Nafis's being out?

IRRESPONSIBILITY AND CARELESSNESS................

Still the best performance of the day by a rookie...

ferdous
Rana is out. Bowled

BanglaCool
doorbin
I thought you could see much further than us with the sharp lens of yours.
and another OUT

nasifkhan
duur

moin747
rana of the mark

Ahmed_B
September 12, 2004, 05:54 AM
so much for RANA!

Unknown
September 12, 2004, 05:54 AM
Things are looking very grim indeed. The middle order should have showed grit and determination after the early loss of wickets. But still, there is hope against all hopes :duh:

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:55 AM
Babu is the new batsman.

Ahmed_B
September 12, 2004, 05:55 AM
BD playing worse than the Associate teams!!!

potshot
September 12, 2004, 05:56 AM
Rana also gone. The situation looks bleaker than usual now.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:56 AM
Pilot is doing the sensible thing as he has done so many times. Hang in there and try to play the full 50 overs.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 05:57 AM
****, Babu is out now. 72/7

PoorFan
September 12, 2004, 05:57 AM
150 is crucial for BD now.

moin747
September 12, 2004, 05:58 AM
:mad::bird:71/6 in 22.2
4-4-0-0-40-1

ferdous
This is too depresing to watch now.

Ahmed_B
ENOUGH.. IM GOING OFFLINE!!!
:mad:

Unknown
September 12, 2004, 05:59 AM
Our chances have waned and faded. The optimisim I had has been all in vain it seems. Looking forwards to the Windies game now :rolleyes:

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 06:00 AM
Bloody hell. Rafique is out now. What the hell is happening?

capslock
September 12, 2004, 06:01 AM
Man oh man, am I glad that I didn't play hooky from work to watch this match today. Gotta hand it to the Bangladesh team though, consistently disappointing!!!

potshot
72/8. BD batsmen are getting out faster than I can type a post on my keyboard.

Unknown
Nafis should have stuck in and got his fifty. We may never know if they tried hard or not, the conditions out there might not favour batting. If there is indeed moisture on the ground, they should have opted to chase. Game over?

arafath79
ei khelay ami ar nai. LAATHI mara dorkar.
Shala Nafis eto gula life pailo r ki khela dekhailo.

oracle
South Africans have played to a plan and have studied the BD players for sure. Just exploited those weknesses

BanglaCool
September 12, 2004, 06:02 AM
Hell breaking over:exclamation:

Unknown
September 12, 2004, 06:03 AM
"Bangladesh won the toss, oddly chose to bat and were in a sorry state at 72-7 in the 23rd over against South Africa."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3647774.stm

Latest: Bangladesh 72-7 (22.4 overs) v South Africa

Now we must try to avoid humiliation. We must try reach at least one hundred. :umm:

moin747
September 12, 2004, 06:04 AM
wht the hell72-8:info:

Unknown
September 12, 2004, 06:06 AM
Well I take that back. I predict 93 all out (hate to be optimistic)

James90
wht the hell72-8:info:

My thoughts exactly

arafath79
what a game man!!!!!!
Laathi mara dorkar salader:karate:

billah
September 12, 2004, 06:07 AM
First 4/20, then Nafis's 40 runs, then 4 more wickets.

arafath79
September 12, 2004, 06:07 AM
Tapash is the best allrounder of Bangladesh team. He will play a long innings for BD now ;)

billah
September 12, 2004, 06:08 AM
Still so many overs left! This is amateurish play.

arafath79
September 12, 2004, 06:09 AM
Ok, i am leaving:umm:
GOOD LUCK BANGLADESH!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! ICC TROPHY TA JATRA SUVO HOUK!!! :fanflag:

tansir
September 12, 2004, 06:09 AM
shudhu kothar khela
Mittha ashai bholano
Darun protisrutir hotash shomapti
Shudhu asha-jauya

......indeed the hacker in Irish website told the truth, BD themselves should apply for atripping off their test-status! It's not far away when Whatmore'd give up and call it a day.........he's only a human and their must be a limit of his patience!!!!!:lol:

Unknown
September 12, 2004, 06:11 AM
They should have used their heads, but as always they have not done so. I know it must be harder than it seems, but if they are playing at international level, they must show proffessionalism. Today was quite the opposite; the rate of the wickets falling is shocking.

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 06:12 AM
Tapash is gone and its now 80/9

ferdous
September 12, 2004, 06:12 AM
i am leaving now. cant take it anymore.

Unknown
September 12, 2004, 06:14 AM
This should be an eye opener for the coach and hopefully the team. You cannot under any circumstances lose that many wickets successively at that rate. So I suppose if they reach one hundred they will be lucky, but I doubt that they will make ninety.

Edited on, September 12, 2004, 11:15 AM GMT, by Unknown.

ChrisM
September 12, 2004, 06:14 AM
Why did they put South Africa in?? To give you some idea how perverse this is, the main English competition (the C&G Cup) had to have it's final moved from early Sept to late August because the team that won the toss always fielded and won. So if you win the toss in mid-Sept, you better field! Especially when your best batsman isn't playing.

PoorFan
September 12, 2004, 06:15 AM
What a nightmare at the weekend!

tansir
September 12, 2004, 06:15 AM
After playing more than 90 ODIs the players can't blame lack of experience. As usual I think it's the media hype, they make our mideocre players very talented! It's our tradition............well the truth's we have a bunch of stupid and very ordinary players. Someday somebody shines, but not when it's necessary. They'd always tumble when the whole cricketing world's glued on TV to watch our standard in dismay............:mad:

moin747
September 12, 2004, 06:18 AM
Bangladesh 82/9 (27.1 ov)

bourny3
September 12, 2004, 06:18 AM
Nazmul will make 100

potshot
September 12, 2004, 06:19 AM
This is the performance (80/9) against a supposedly struggling SA team. There are still more than 20 overs left in the innings.

oracle
September 12, 2004, 06:19 AM
Why did they put South Africa in?? To give you some idea how perverse this is, the main English competition (the C&G Cup) had to have it's final moved from early Sept to late August because the team that won the toss always fielded and won. So if you win the toss in mid-Sept, you better field! Especially when your best batsman isn't playing

Yes. and i want to see whatmore or Rajin's response to this question.

tansir
September 12, 2004, 06:20 AM
Most probably Rajin thought to wear down the pitch a bit more and then take advantage of it using spin. This very pitch was used for 2 days in the game between ENG and ZIM. I think his thought was positive.........even an ordinary spinner Boje's getting a lot of assistance from the rough. We can't blame the captain when the batsman doesn't know how to bat........and it's not the first time that our formidable top-order collapsed! I think it would've been the same if BD had batted second.............:joy: