PDA

View Full Version : 3 changes in 2nd test

fwullah
December 15, 2002, 11:09 AM
1. Rokon replaces Anwar

2. Sanwar replaces Aminul Islam Bulbul

3. Monjurul Islam replaces Naimur Rahman

- Well with these changes, I would certainly be satisfied.

My only fear is (apart from going all out for 20 to 30 runs - i.e., the performance) we might end up with somebody - some key player getting injured.

Arnab
December 15, 2002, 12:36 PM
Where's Masri?

Sham
December 15, 2002, 12:38 PM
Masri is not fit enough to play a Test Match yet!

Tehsin
December 15, 2002, 12:39 PM
Masri is resting as he should. He hasn't had competitive cricket in months. Let him play couple of one dayers in the Nat'l league, have the new physio look at him and have him all prepped up for Namibia. He needs to smell some blood before he takes on Canada and Kenya. :)

Sham
December 15, 2002, 01:14 PM
Yeah I agree. No need to rush Masri! If he plays in the WC, I will be damn happy.

As for the changes, they look good. I still say we push Sanwar up to 3 and play Ash at 5. We need a more circumspect batsman (Sanwar) higher up to deal with the new ball once one of our openers get out in the first 5 overs. Ashraful will do better at 5.

Shubho
December 15, 2002, 03:08 PM
This is a much more sensible lineup...and it may click...but it's not perfect. I have my doubts about Habibul not being in the team. Then again, everybody is so bloody inconsistent, you can never tell who's worth picking, and who isn't.

James90
December 15, 2002, 05:58 PM
Looks like all the critisism payed off. This looks like a good team. Good luck....when a collapse starts i'm doing a Tehsin

Sham
December 15, 2002, 05:58 PM
"I have my doubts about Habibul not being in the team"- Didn't get that. He is in the team right?

Pilot said that one good day can turn our fortunes around. Maybe. But it has to be a good first day. Otherwise, the game is over before it starts. Anyway, I hope we can salvage some pride tonight. We really need to.

James90
December 15, 2002, 06:01 PM
Habibul's playing

Shubho
December 15, 2002, 06:03 PM
At number 3?

Piranha
December 15, 2002, 06:06 PM
For once, everyone seems to agree on a team line up. Its good to see that the selectors are apparently istening. Now for the real crunch...putting up a decent performance on the first day.

P.s. I feel bad for Anwar Hossain. He was needlessly dragged into this mess.

Sham
December 15, 2002, 07:49 PM
Yes. That was sad. We should have groomed him instead of throwing him at the deep end after one good performance and then dropping him unceremoniously. Couldn't have done his confidence any good. This has probably hurt him a lot more than helping him.

rafiq
December 15, 2002, 10:21 PM
i still would like to see javed omar hang around the 15 man test team, more so than extra spinners (see crickinfo 15 man squad). a 3 man opening rotation of golla, hannan, rokon should allow the selectors to drop the guy who is out of form when they need to.

Tehsin
December 16, 2002, 12:31 AM
I was for him before (even when he flopped) and I will stick for him now. The guy needs to play more. He can do it, I know he can. (okay, that may not sound too convincing ... I always support Golla)

bd_cricket
December 16, 2002, 08:32 PM
Looks like most of us agree on this team.
Now, how many changes in this team do u recommend to play the WC??

My opinion:
Rafiq in place of Moni
Masri
Tushar
Sujon
Durjoy
and the rest 10 playing in 2nd test

rafiq
December 16, 2002, 10:24 PM
i would take an extra batsman instead of durjoy, but it may be a toss up.