PDA

View Full Version : canada wc team announced

rafiq
December 15, 2002, 10:32 PM
Eight West Indians including Joseph Harris, the captain, have been named in Canada's 15-player squad for the World Cup. Canada, the first country to announce the final squad, has its team comprising mostly of expatriate West Indians, Sri Lankans and Indians now living in Toronto. "It is very difficult in a way, but you probably wouldn't find a more multicultural team in the world," Ian Billcliff, a team member, told The Jamaica Observer. Canada are in Pool A, with West Indies, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Kenya, Bangladesh, and South Africa. (Dec 12)

source: wisden

Tehsin
December 16, 2002, 12:47 AM
Another club team playing in the World Cup. You think bangladesh is a shame ? At least we play with our own, this guys are nothing more then BHARATE (hired) players cwho were not good enough to play for their own country.

(If I played well enough to play, I'd have played for Canada/USA too)

fwullah
December 16, 2002, 07:38 AM
It looks like another UAE team, of the 96 world cup and thus 94 ICC trophy.

Don't forget, we lost to that UAE team in the group match and then had to play in a group where Kenya played at the time (I think as well as Holland).

And that UAE team had 10 such club players of India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and their only UAE player was their captain.

bd_cricket
December 16, 2002, 08:26 PM
There is no pakistanis in canadian team!!!???