PDA

View Full Version : U-15 Asian Cricket

Mahmood
December 16, 2002, 02:54 PM
On the second match, BD lost to Nepal by 2 wickets.

Oh boy!!!

Sham
December 16, 2002, 02:55 PM
So much for our young talent!

bd_cricket
December 16, 2002, 07:42 PM
so, now we started losing to teams like Nepal!!!!
Kothaye jai....!!??

bd_cricket
December 16, 2002, 08:23 PM
is India in our group?
Is there still any chance to play in the smi finals - I read that was the target, said by the coach.

Tehsin
December 16, 2002, 10:22 PM
No wonder they used to send 18 year olds and do relatively better then this. being honest comes with a price.

fwullah
December 17, 2002, 09:27 AM
I guess the far future - 5 years onwards is not so good for Bangladesh. After all, after 5 years, these U-15 players will come up and replace the likes of Sumon, Sanwar, Durjoy and Pilot of today.

Also, did you look at the scorecards of Bangaldesh U-17 players who went to SL tour a few months back?

They were beaten by India twice and by SL U-17 team once in a huge margin, but it took them 3 fifty over games to close the gap with the SriLankan U-17 team in the 4th game.

Tehsin
December 17, 2002, 01:52 PM
There is another thing. The maturity. Not too long ago, we had some heartwarming performance against the big boys. Our youths have defeated Indians/Sri Lankans/West Indies/England (I think). THat got us hopeful but in the end, we are back where we were, those were just flukes.
Some of those same kids are knocking us around in the internaitonal level.
Same way, we may loose to Nepal and they are HIGH right now, but our boys (like Ashraful/Masri) will get the chance to play more quality opponents during the next 5 years and will mature faster (I hope).

Also, our youths are going to grow up knowing that they have a chance to one day play test cricket. That's huge motivator. You are just experiencing a lul in talent but Masri came out of nowhere and we have 130+million people. Do the math.

Tehsin
December 19, 2002, 10:19 PM
Asia's number four cricket team failed to reach the semi-finals losing to India by 7 wuickets. Indian kids won easy with almost 17 over in hand. The score was around 130+.