PDA

View Full Version : So much for reporting

Tehsin
December 19, 2002, 03:32 PM
The gentle Harper talked at length with Lenin Gani of The Daily Star Sport in the lobby of the Hotel Sonargaon about a wide range of subjects a few days after winning the first Test against Bangladesh.

Daily Star Sport (DSS): How long have you been coaching the West Indies? Is this your first time in the job?

Roger Harper (RG): I took up the assignment as coach of the West Indies in March, 2000. Prior to that I had coached the West Indies A team for over a period of three years. My first stint as coach of the A team was in 1997 when we toured South Africa.

DSS: Is this your first visit to Bangladesh?

RH: No. I actually came to Bangladesh as coach of the A team in 1998-99 and then we went on tour to India. So it's my second visit here.

==========================
Is this your first visit to Bangladesh ? *sigh*

Tehsin
December 20, 2002, 10:26 PM
Today's Ittefaq had a report on Masri which sounds like a carbon copy of the prothom-alo reports yesterday. Interesting, can they do that ?

Miran
December 23, 2002, 12:41 AM
Cricket journalism in Bangladesh really sounds like it needs a major shot in the arm.

Remember a while back - this site was going to do an interview with Durjoy? Then we couldn't do it because our rubbish Cricinfo site had the rights? I think that semi-literate imbecile Shahriar Khan ended up doing the interview and it was useless. The questions (and replies) were so bland that we learnt vitually nothing.