PDA

View Full Version : Well played Bangladesh!

WIFAN
December 19, 2002, 03:55 PM
Well played to your lads! That was a much better performance. Consistency is the key, if you had played like that against Zimbabwe you would have wooped them! Ridley Jacobs is adament that your batsman have the technique but lack the mental toughness to do well against quality pace bowling (which Lawson provided). I am sure if you face real quickies such as Brett Lee, Harmison, Akhtar, and Lawson that problem will be solved. (Boy am I proud to mention a West Indian in that list after all these barren years without a real pace bowler!)

Just because the series is over does not mean I will stop posting though! I have sort of developed a big soft spot for Bangladesh, so your now my 2nd favourite team.

Tehsin
December 19, 2002, 05:16 PM
Thank you. It was actually great to see WI come back right before the WC. This should make up for an inetersting world cup with Gayle, Hinds, Sarwan, Chanders with the bat and Lawson, and Drakes with the ball in the fast South African wickets.

fwullah
December 20, 2002, 05:53 AM
Thank you on behalf of all Bangladeshis for making Bangladesh your 2nd favorite team.

bangla_amar
December 20, 2002, 02:49 PM
Hey WIFAN, thanks very much for the encouraging words and surely you are most welcome here to stop by. I have no soft spot for WI cricket, I am actually a very strong supporter from my very childhood. In the absence of Bangladesh in international cricket, West Indies was (and also is right after BD) my team and I supported it and still support almost religiously. I am really excited about the young batting prospects and thinking they might go all the way in the World Cup with a little bit of luck.

By the way, do you post in carribeancricket.com message board? I visit the site pretty often.

WIFAN
December 20, 2002, 05:07 PM
I am a member of Caribbeancricket.com, but they all argue a bit to much for my liking (Jamaicans and Guyanese especially!), but it is very useful for the latest news, and is an excellent website.

James90
December 20, 2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah Tehsin you've done a great job

rafiq
December 21, 2002, 12:09 AM
what's up with loving baisya/k?

James90
December 21, 2002, 06:58 PM
That's meant to say Kapali......i'll change it

[Edited on 21-12-2002 by Habibul_fan]