PDA

View Full Version : Contact Last World Cup Hero through his academy

fwullah
December 22, 2002, 12:18 AM
You can contact Our Last World Cup's Hero Minhazul Abedin Nannu through his newly found academy - "The Cricket Academy" in the following two mobile numbers:

0171 635 442

011 012 287

If you have a mobile, then you can send text messege in his Grameen phone number (0171 number) from your mobile.

James90
December 22, 2002, 06:05 AM
It couldn't send :( how did you find that out?

fwullah
December 22, 2002, 10:31 AM
well my grameen mobile has a pre-paid connection - no international connection or anything like that.

Yet, I can send and receive simple text messeges from my brother's mobile number in UK.

rafiq
December 23, 2002, 08:54 PM
you cn send and receive text messages in bangldesh from international destinations eg between dhaka and bangkok (and dhka-london as just pointed out). but it didn't work from dhaka -usa on my cell. it may be because bangaldesh network is gsm and my network here was not.

anyway, why in the world does minhazul abedin want people to send him text messages - is it all free (actually it may be, the rest of the world is paying per message). send him a text to open an email account instead.:)

fwullah
December 25, 2002, 12:23 AM
I think mobile is easily available than computer-internet connection in Bangladesh right now.

I suggested about sending txt msg because to me it seemed cheaper to send text on mobile and also cheaper to reply (at least in Bangladesh mobile txt msg is cheaper and more available than internet - email - 2 Tk per messege and no need for low speed on mobile; on the other hand, most of the internet connection providers give low speed as well as 1 Tk (or more than 1 Tk in case of Dial up) per minute.