PDA

View Full Version : who are the lucky seven?!?!?

Zobair
December 22, 2002, 10:51 PM
just speculating on who will survive the pay cut? ummm lets see...

Pilot...that one is a surprise :)
Kapali...that was hard too..
Tapash...
Talha...
Sumon...
Monjurul...
Al-Shahriar?!?!?..or may be Masri?!

hehe...can't think of many batsmen who justify their inclusion based on their performance...what do you guys think?

Tehsin
December 22, 2002, 11:22 PM
Not many batsmen makes the cut. Sumon only makes it for his previous performance and Rokon makes it because of his 'talent' that none of us gets to see in the scorecards.

The bowlers are getting a free ride, however, they are young and they do have guts that the batsmen lack.

Let's see how it goes.

fwullah
December 23, 2002, 12:12 AM
Pilot, Sumon and Monju will definitely be among the lucky seven. About the rest 4, I have no idea.

rafiq
December 23, 2002, 12:57 AM
all these players are on and off as far as performance is concerned. what are the criteria - actual stats like averages or just whomever is in favor? how would a player who hasn't played in a yr like masri get in. or a player who hasn't score in a while like sumon get in.

having this system of rewarding only 7 players is a stupid idea if the criteria aren't objective, well communicated, etc. if bcb communication is at the same speed and effectiveness as the high courts re: freeing prisoners on bail from dhaka central jail, then we will be waiting a while before all this makes sense.

the other announced scheme is 4 pay sclaes based on experience, matches played. what happens to performance there ?

Arnab
December 23, 2002, 01:36 AM
The key point here is transparency. Does anyone know how the Aussie or the SA system works?

Tehsin
December 23, 2002, 02:24 PM
How did they come up with this idea anyways ?

If this is a way for BCB to get the players excited before the WC, I'm all for it but I would to know how they came up with the number - 7.

I say performance based is the only way we should pay our players. The four tier/levels is a good idea as it takes care of our players. It's their profession and since we keep them away from their main source (Dhaka league), we ought to take care of them. Also, they are representing Bangladesh (even if they only make it as a stand by) so DUH, payscale is a good thing. Otherwise, they will end up like some of the Zimbabwe players. In our case, they will just 'retire' from international cricket and make money playing league cricket.

Talking about retirement, isn't it time Tikolo, Suji and Odumbe call it quits ? Come on now, you should leave while you are still on top. In the coming WC, they can look at atleast 4 defeats and hope to post two wins against BD and Canada but that may not happen. What's the point going out like that ? Look at us, we have 'retired' some of our older players. Learn something from us people. How come no one makes BCB their role models ? It's just not right. (Australia is trying with Steve Waugh, why can';t Kenya ?)

By the way, All three are 'young' enough to make a return for the next world cup. Odumbe will be the oldest at about 37, TIkolo will be only 35 and Suji will be 34. They have other players (the ones that matter) who will be about that age. The problem with Kenya now is that all their players are getting pretty old, they have been playing together for some time now. However, i can't get too excited about it bacuse who knows where they can find the new TIkolo. All I know is the WE have to be better at cultivating our prospects for the future and losing to Nepal will not get us anywhere.

Zobair
December 23, 2002, 02:32 PM
sorry tehsin bahi...can't resist the count down to your 1000th post...i am kinda excited about it :D you will be making history....hehe....

Tehsin
December 23, 2002, 03:14 PM
I don't need this ridicule. You guys better behave. I am getting married this Saturday and I want some respect darn it.

(khek)

rafiq
December 23, 2002, 08:49 PM
tehsin you are too worried about kenya. btw is tikolo playing in dhaka this winter.

So are the national players who were on the west indies tour not playing in the first class competition going on now? if so, how does that make sense?

Tehsin
December 24, 2002, 02:12 AM
None of the twenty players called up for world cup are playing the national league. Which means, our best pacers (except for Jabir who is doing pretty good) are not going to be in the national league.

To me, the national league was dead when they changed i to a FIVE game tournament. What's that ? A warm up for Dhaka league ?

rafiq
December 24, 2002, 06:48 PM
i have been posting on this board for a year but must say i am dumb or something as i cannot figure out all the leagues, how long they go and who CANNOT play in them and why. i don't know if other test teams go to a camp and practise when instead they could join their club or district first class teams and actually get match practise. one plays for their country when it's time to play, the rest of the time the players should be getting as much real match practise as possible. the quality of the leagues would be better if the 20 best players in the country were involved wouldn't it.