PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh stops women swimmers


Fazal
November 30, 2004, 01:07 PM
Bangladesh stops women swimmers
By Roland Buerk
BBC Bangladesh correspondent


Islamic groups have campaigned against women taking part in sport
Bangladesh's government has stopped women taking part in a swimming competition after pressure from an Islamic group.

Radical Muslims threatened large demonstrations if the competition was allowed to go ahead.

Last year the competition was held without incident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4055857.stm

Fazal
November 30, 2004, 01:07 PM
:down:

AsifTheManRahman
November 30, 2004, 02:39 PM
bad news

bourny3
November 30, 2004, 07:55 PM
real bad news.

Ehsan
November 30, 2004, 08:14 PM
Except swimming competitions I don't have any problems with women/girls taking part in any sport. Tell me how many of you would let your sisters/wives go out in a swimming competition with their swim suits on?

Fazal
December 1, 2004, 08:17 AM
You have a point.

However, I wouldn't mind watching swiming other people's wifes and/or sisters in a swimming competition with their swim suits as long as they are not forced to do so.

fab
December 1, 2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ehsan
Tell me how many of you would let your sisters/wives go out in a swimming competition with their swim suits on?
If your wife or sister wants to swim in a competition what the hell does that have to do with what YOU think. Its not like it's pornography or prostitution.

Ehsan
December 1, 2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by fab
Originally posted by ehsan
Tell me how many of you would let your sisters/wives go out in a swimming competition with their swim suits on?
If your wife or sister wants to swim in a competition what the hell does that have to do with what YOU think. Its not like it's pornography or prostitution.

Looks like you got the wrong picture. I am not stopping anyone but I would not like them to. Its not pornography I know but I wouldn't like them to expose themselves in the public.

And on another note, my wife or sisters would not want to go for a swimming competiton unless its not public.

If they want to then I shall not stop them but ya I won't like it. And you know I am too special, if I don't like it then they won't go for it. :D

P.S. I don't have any sis, its just cousins or I just call them my sis. And yeah fab appu remember you are my banglacricket sis! :)

Edited on, December 2, 2004, 4:55 AM GMT, by ehsan.

bdmoderator
December 3, 2004, 06:16 AM
it's really a very bad news.

oracle
December 3, 2004, 06:37 AM
I don't mind if family members or plain old Mr Fokhruddin object to sisters, mothers or aunties swimming. But I do mind political parties, whether Islamic, Communist or whatever talking big about this. And that's why I like America.:up:

Fazal
December 3, 2004, 09:11 AM
Me too!!!

fab
December 7, 2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by oracle
I don't mind if family members or plain old Mr Fokhruddin object to sisters, mothers or aunties swimming. But I do mind political parties, whether Islamic, Communist or whatever talking big about this. And that's why I like America.:up: Isn't it the family members who become part of the political parties who then go on to make public policy? (e.g. Dubya is a perfect example)

Anyhow, the problem does not lie with women wanting to swim in races. They could wear Thorpe style garments. The problem lies with the old mullah perverts who should ideally have their eyes gouged out. :cool:

oracle
December 7, 2004, 09:54 AM
The problem lies with the old mullah perverts who should ideally have their eyes gouged out


Ouch..I see years of exile cannot extinguish what is in the blood.;)

Edited on, December 7, 2004, 2:56 PM GMT, by oracle.

Ahmed_B
December 7, 2004, 10:11 AM
hmm.. crcial discussions!

BUt.. one small note of objection about the introductory post:
As this reporter, Roland Buerk, has presented it.. it will be anticipated (wrongly, ofcourse) that BD govt. is pretty much under pressure frm the extrimists and the govt. itself isn't much in favor of women in sports .. so they stopped it!!

A very understandable BIAS from any western reporter/viewer... but not ecceptable!

The decision has lot to do with the 'Risk Factor' involved.
The govt. probably just wanned to avoid the risk of occurance caused by these groups.

A ref. may be taken from Women-Football here..
even after lots of threats... that tournament was completed successfully..

Fazal
December 7, 2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
hmm.. crcial discussions!
The decision has lot to do with the 'Risk Factor' involved.
The govt. probably just wanned to avoid the risk of occurance caused by these groups.



If that is true then what I can say except, "Bravo Bravo DB government for your []-courage !!!!":P

I would rather see BD government stand for what they believe (even though I may not agree with them) rather than "cave-in" to some radical group's threat.

Mav
December 26, 2004, 08:23 PM
Screw such govvvvvv.....

makes me mad..

Edited on, December 27, 2004, 1:24 AM GMT, by Mav.

TigerFan
January 4, 2005, 09:37 PM
Frankly, Itz not a bad news to me at all. Itz a good news for me. I rather see women with a honourable job and wearing dress with islamic dress code than swimming wearing swim suit infront of anybody. And yes, my family female members will Insh Allah never wear those dress and even if they do I will do anything to stop them.

Originally posted by fab
If your wife or sister wants to swim in a competition what the hell does that have to do with what YOU think. Its not like it's pornography or prostitution.

It is pornography. Yes, in a way it is. Pornography is in a film or photo when a women or men is showing her/his body infront of anybody. In Swimming, these swimmers all these days showing their bodies, unintentionally, to the hypocrites.

It is prostitution to me in a way. You don't have to take money and have sex to be a prostitute. In my opinion, if someone flirts, and yes many female did that infront of me, he/she is being prostitute. And also, if someone doesn't cover one's body infront of a stranger or strangers, and doesn't care, to me he/she is being prostitute.

Hadith says, I forgot the exact and reference, that man has iman who chooses for his brother (can be brother by belief) what he chooses for himself. So, when I don't want my family members to wear those things, then I don't want any other muslims to wear the revealing dress.

Itz a very good news Alhamdulillah. I hope Allah substitutes a better job for those swimmers and who ever wanted to be a swimmer, Insh Allah.

By the way, I am not against women sport. I'd be happy if they play anysport that follows islamic dress code. Good news indeed. Alhamdulillah.

TigerFan
January 4, 2005, 09:39 PM
by the way Mav, I thank the government for this. Thank you Bangladeshi government, but don't make bd the next Afghanistan but a country that is islamic. Oops, a lot of anger on me now.

Fazal
January 5, 2005, 01:01 AM
Bangladesh does not belongs to only radical Muslims, it belongs to all Bangladeshis regardless of their religious preference.

If you don't like the sport, only think you need to do is just "Close you eyes". i.e. just avoid it.

It reminds me of the story about the king thinking about covering the whole kingdom instead of covering his own feet ( i.e. shoe)

Looks like we never learn....

TigerFan
January 5, 2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
Bangladesh does not belongs to only radical Muslims

Who ever citizen of bangladesh, the country belongs to him/her.

Now, the people you are calling radical, they are with good taste. Only poeple with bad taste hangs around with swimsuit. So don't call muslims radical, ok.

Fazal
January 5, 2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
Originally posted by Fazal
Bangladesh does not belongs to only radical Muslims

Who ever citizen of bangladesh, the country belongs to him/her.

Now, the people you are calling radical, they are with good taste. Only poeple with bad taste hangs around with swimsuit. So don't call muslims radical, ok.

I am not calling all muslims radical, ok. Only the few one. And its not only me, its others also calling them radical. Don't beleive it? Please read BD the news papers.

Actually most of the muslims are not radical, only the few one. Its all relative how one define 'good' and 'bad' taste. You stay with your idiology & I stay with mine.



Edited on, January 5, 2005, 4:07 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Ibrahim
January 5, 2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
Originally posted by Fazal
Bangladesh does not belongs to only radical Muslims

Who ever citizen of Bangladesh, the country belongs to him/her.

Now, the people you are calling radical, they are with good taste. Only people with bad taste hangs around with swimsuit. So don't call Muslims radical, ok.
All Muslims are not radical, of course some Muslims are radical. For example, someone who loves to measure the ideal length of beard by a pepsi bottle, for sure they are radical. In Bangladesh there are huge number of such people including who are not allowing women to swim thinking that women are slaves of men.


Tell me how many of you would let your sisters/wives go out in a swimming competition with their swim suits on?

One of my shibir/rajakar friend, who killed a Chatra Dal leader for not being a shibir in the Chittagong University, used to ask same question again and again. However, I'm sure this poster is not the same person.

reinausagi
January 5, 2005, 12:51 PM
Should have let them swim. Have a all female officiating crew with no male onlookers. A squad of Mohila Pulish should take care of that.

TigerFan
January 5, 2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Ibrahim
In Bangladesh there are huge number of such people including who are not allowing women to swim thinking that women are slaves of men.

Totally new to me. Never heard of it before.

fab
January 5, 2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan
It is prostitution to me in a way. You don't have to take money and have sex to be a prostitute. In my opinion, if someone flirts, and yes many female did that infront of me, he/she is being prostitute. And also, if someone doesn't cover one's body infront of a stranger or strangers, and doesn't care, to me he/she is being prostitute.

Now, the people you are calling radical, they are with good taste. Only poeple with bad taste hangs around with swimsuit. So don't call muslims radical, ok.
Jesus Christ on a bike!!! Which terminally infested woodwork did you come out of? These people want to swim in a competition. You know, like, see how fast they can swim compared to others. It has nothing to do with sex unless you are some kind of sick pervert. Which, judging from your posts, could very well be the case.

If you are gonna ban women from swimming, then ban men too. In fact, we should probably ban cricket as well, since the pants they wear aren't above the ankle and below the knees and none of them sport a beard!

BTW are you the same clown who started threads about Chocker Balee and various other Bollywood movies? It seems that it's YOU who is the hypocrite gawking and salivating at all the scantily clad women on the silverscreen while comdemning them at the same time. People like you make me want to throw up.

TigerFan
January 6, 2005, 12:43 AM
Watch your big mouth fab. You will find that, unlike you, I can talk without offending anybody and by keeping my emotion under control.

Edited on, January 6, 2005, 5:45 AM GMT, by TigerFan.

PoorFan
January 6, 2005, 03:06 AM
It is prostitution to me in a way. You don't have to take money and have sex to be a prostitute. In my opinion, if someone flirts, and yes many female did that infront of me, he/she is being prostitute. And also, if someone doesn't cover one's body infront of a stranger or strangers, and doesn't care, to me he/she is being prostitute.

You should not come out in the street,
since most the world's woman including Bangladesh,
will become a hooker in your mind.

Hadith says, I forgot the exact and reference, that man has iman who chooses for his brother (can be brother by belief) what he chooses for himself. So, when I don't want my family members to wear those things, then I don't want any other muslims to wear the revealing dress.

You don't want or you don't like, which one you meant?
What do you do if they wear any dress which you don't like?

Itz a very good news Alhamdulillah. I hope Allah substitutes a better job for those swimmers and who ever wanted to be a swimmer, Insh Allah.

You will find many other reasons why they swim, only if you try.

...Thank you Bangladeshi government, but don't make bd the next Afghanistan but a country that is islamic. Oops, a lot of anger on me now.

I don't see much difference between Afghanistan and
a country that is islamic in your mind.

reverse_swing
January 6, 2005, 03:23 AM
Poorfan I think there is no point to argue with this bigot kid. He just brought disgrace on this forum. Moderators should ban this clown.

Edited on, January 6, 2005, 8:36 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Zunaid
January 6, 2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
Watch your big mouth fab. You will find that, unlike you, I can talk without offending anybody and by keeping my emotion under control.

Edited on, January 6, 2005, 5:45 AM GMT, by TigerFan.

Seems contradictory with that first line. This is an ad hominem attack.

Fazal
January 6, 2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
Watch your big mouth fab. You will find that, unlike you, I can talk without offending anybody and by keeping my emotion under control.

Edited on, January 6, 2005, 5:45 AM GMT, by TigerFan.

Thats called Dickbazii !!!

You just did that with your comment. Just check your own comments in the msg board.

Edited on, January 6, 2005, 10:57 AM GMT, by Fazal.

TigerFan
January 6, 2005, 01:37 PM
First, Poorfan, it seems that you judge people without knowing.

And rest, be civilize. Learn to put logical counter conversation. It seems, you are unable to accept any idea other than your own. You don't know to respect anybody nor do u want to. I really don't have time to waste my time with people who do not know how to respect somebody other than their type.

Ibrahim
January 6, 2005, 01:56 PM
First, Poorfan, it seems that you judge people without knowing.

And rest, be civilize.

What kind of civilization is it? Is it like Mulla Omar or Laden's style killing people (women) especially who want just to swim in pool in Bangladesh.

Ibrahim
January 6, 2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by reverse_swing
Poorfan I think there is no point to argue with this bigot kid. He just brought disgrace on this forum. Moderators should ban this clown.


Agree

Nasif
January 6, 2005, 02:45 PM
Please refrain from personal attack. Everyone has right to their opinion. This thread has gone beyond personal attack. Therefore it will be closed for the time being. I will open it few days later.

Edited on, January 6, 2005, 11:09 PM GMT, by nasif.

Thread is now open for futher discussion. Please refrain from personal attacks.

Edited on, January 8, 2005, 1:29 AM GMT, by nasif.

fab
January 8, 2005, 03:32 AM
TigerFan,

It is unfair to stop people from pursuing their dreams because of your own inadequacies. Blanket bans are not a solution. There are ways to keep both camps happy, and Reina's post is one such solution.

And with regards to those Hadiths; fyi women no longer need that type of 'protection' that was needed in the dark ages. Society, men and women have all evolved for the better. It's a bit like how we don't have to travel on camels anymore, coz like, we have cars. OK?

Anyhow, it's semi-understandable when rubbish like this come from Mullahs, because they are ignorant and cannot think creatively. But when it comes from educated people, who are supposedly open minded, it is quite astonishing.

PoorFan
January 8, 2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
First, Poorfan, it seems that you judge people without knowing.

And rest, be civilize. Learn to put logical counter conversation. It seems, you are unable to accept any idea other than your own. You don't know to respect anybody nor do u want to. I really don't have time to waste my time with people who do not know how to respect somebody other than their type.
How should I know you better then your several posts?
I have no choice but to judge and comment from those.
It seems to me your every word and line is self contradictory.
Read my previous post and find out which part of my comment
was uncivilized and illogical.
It seems there is no point as reverse_swing said, as long as
every word and line has different meaning to you than others.

My point is every thing and every word has its own meaning to everyone,
And it's completely depends on how and which meaning you put on it.
This makes a huge gap of meaning and understanding at the end between a person to person.

You are right I don't know how to respect anyone better when this gap is huge.

Mav
January 8, 2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan
by the way Mav, I thank the government for this. Thank you Bangladeshi government, but don't make bd the next Afghanistan but a country that is islamic. Oops, a lot of anger on me now.

Thats your opinion/taste. and you can thank anyone for that.

But as far as Bangladesh goes, there is no constituition law based on any religion views. Its a free country and if a girl walks wearing short in dhaka street, the government has no right to say yes or no. Thats the bottom line.

Edited on, January 9, 2005, 1:50 AM GMT, by Mav.

AGC
January 13, 2005, 12:07 AM
I have to agree with fab here, whats wrong with swimming in a compettion? I mean its not sunbathing topless at the beach is it!! For gods sake, the mentality of some people really piss me off. I know I should respect the point of view of others but theres a limit! Let women do what they want, who are the men to "decide" what their sisters wives etcetc are supposed to do! They have a mind of their own and if for them nothings wrong with it, then its perfectly ok!

Spitfire_x86
January 13, 2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by AGC
I have to agree with fab here, whats wrong with swimming in a compettion? I mean its not sunbathing topless at the beach is it!! For gods sake, the mentality of some people really piss me off. I know I should respect the point of view of others but theres a limit! Let women do what they want, who are the men to "decide" what their sisters wives etcetc are supposed to do! They have a mind of their own and if for them nothings wrong with it, then its perfectly ok!
Agree with you. If TigerFan doesn't like women swimming, then he shouldn't watch them swim.

Personally, I don't care about both men's/women's athletics/swimming. Besides that, who am I to decide/force what women want to do?

Edited on, January 13, 2005, 6:09 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

AGC
January 13, 2005, 12:56 AM
Thank you spitfire_x86!! Exactly how I feel. Great minds think alike;) Kidding hehe

Hasib
January 16, 2005, 07:49 AM
How about coming up with a swimming costume that covers women up decently? That way no one can complain

AGC
January 16, 2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Hasib
How about coming up with a swimming costume that covers women up decently? That way no one can complain

Thats up to the swimmers. If they are comfortable with normal swimsuits, who are we to say they can't wear them.

Most women in the world are wearing bikinis and backdated BD mullahs are complaining about swimsuits! Its the 21st century guys.....

Hasib
January 20, 2005, 12:49 AM
But we r talking about a swimming compatition in a Muslim country... y must we copy other countries?

AGC
January 20, 2005, 02:00 AM
Bangladesh is not a muslim country ie not an islamic state such as Pakistan, Iran etc. More than 15% of BD are non muslim. Any why mix religion with sports or politics anyway. Fair enough many muslim women won't wear them but many will and they have every right to do so.

Anyway this topic is getting kinda dry. Lets wait and see what happens!

Joy Bangla.

Hasib
January 21, 2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by AGC

Anyway this topic is getting kinda dry. Lets wait and see what happens!

Joy Bangla.

thats one point i agree on ;)

tiger_man
February 4, 2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by fab


Anyhow, the problem does not lie with women wanting to swim in races. They could wear Thorpe style garments. The problem lies with the old mullah perverts who should ideally have their eyes gouged out. :cool:

it would be a bit better if you showed some respect...even though you dont have any but for the sake of other people who hold their religious beliefs seriously....

sometimes mullahs are a bit extreme but end of the day they perform their religious duties (praying, not swearing) unlike us mainstream muslims of todays generation who cant be bothered praying 5 times consistently atleast....

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 5:52 AM GMT, by tiger_man.

Edited on, February 4, 2005, 5:55 AM GMT, by tiger_man.

tiger_man
February 4, 2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by fab
Originally posted by TigerFan
It is prostitution to me in a way. You don't have to take money and have sex to be a prostitute. In my opinion, if someone flirts, and yes many female did that infront of me, he/she is being prostitute. And also, if someone doesn't cover one's body infront of a stranger or strangers, and doesn't care, to me he/she is being prostitute.

Now, the people you are calling radical, they are with good taste. Only poeple with bad taste hangs around with swimsuit. So don't call muslims radical, ok.
Jesus Christ on a bike!!! Which terminally infested woodwork did you come out of? These people want to swim in a competition. You know, like, see how fast they can swim compared to others. It has nothing to do with sex unless you are some kind of sick pervert. Which, judging from your posts, could very well be the case.

If you are gonna ban women from swimming, then ban men too. In fact, we should probably ban cricket as well, since the pants they wear aren't above the ankle and below the knees and none of them sport a beard!

BTW are you the same clown who started threads about Chocker Balee and various other Bollywood movies? It seems that it's YOU who is the hypocrite gawking and salivating at all the scantily clad women on the silverscreen while comdemning them at the same time. People like you make me want to throw up.

i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt get a warning for making those disgusting remarks......personally i would have banned you had i been the admin.

cisco-guy
February 4, 2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan
Originally posted by Fazal
Bangladesh does not belongs to only radical Muslims

Who ever citizen of bangladesh, the country belongs to him/her.

Now, the people you are calling radical, they are with good taste. Only poeple with bad taste hangs around with swimsuit. So don't call muslims radical, ok.

And don't forget that these Radical Muslim Group (Jamatis and Islamists) of people masacred, maimed, raped fellow Bangladeshis in 1971 and they don't repent that in any way. Talk about good taste, huh!

Fazal
February 4, 2005, 10:31 AM
Is TigerFan == tiger_man ??

Looks like he is picking up TigerFan's fight?

TigerFan: Last Posted Jan-8-2004; Last Active Jan-8-2005
tiger_man: Registered Jan-7-2004.

Hmmmm... May be, may be not. We will know for sure in future.

mahbubH
February 4, 2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
Is TigerFan == tiger_man ??

Looks like he is picking up TigerFan's fight?

TigerFan: Last Posted Jan-8-2004; Last Active Jan-8-2005
tiger_man: Registered Jan-7-2004.

Hmmmm... May be, may be not. We will know for sure in future.
Agent is back from the vacation! You can take a rest Fazal!

Fazal
February 4, 2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
Agent is back from the vacation! You can take a rest Fazal!

Oppps!!! Crossed the border? Sorry Agent! Kan moli ar hobe na:embaressed:

Shafiul
February 4, 2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan
Frankly, Itz not a bad news to me at all. Itz a good news for me. I rather see women with a honourable job and wearing dress with islamic dress code than swimming wearing swim suit infront of anybody. And yes, my family female members will Insh Allah never wear those dress and even if they do I will do anything to stop them.

Originally posted by fab
If your wife or sister wants to swim in a competition what the hell does that have to do with what YOU think. Its not like it's pornography or prostitution.

It is pornography. Yes, in a way it is. Pornography is in a film or photo when a women or men is showing her/his body infront of anybody. In Swimming, these swimmers all these days showing their bodies, unintentionally, to the hypocrites.

It is prostitution to me in a way. You don't have to take money and have sex to be a prostitute. In my opinion, if someone flirts, and yes many female did that infront of me, he/she is being prostitute. And also, if someone doesn't cover one's body infront of a stranger or strangers, and doesn't care, to me he/she is being prostitute.

Hadith says, I forgot the exact and reference, that man has iman who chooses for his brother (can be brother by belief) what he chooses for himself. So, when I don't want my family members to wear those things, then I don't want any other muslims to wear the revealing dress.

Itz a very good news Alhamdulillah. I hope Allah substitutes a better job for those swimmers and who ever wanted to be a swimmer, Insh Allah.

By the way, I am not against women sport. I'd be happy if they play anysport that follows islamic dress code. Good news indeed. Alhamdulillah. Another mullah showed up. All nonsense.

DJ Sahastra
February 5, 2005, 01:33 PM
" And yes, my family female members will Insh Allah never wear those dress and even if they do I will do anything to stop them."

Tigerfan,

What all "anything" are you capable of doing?

Ibrahim
February 5, 2005, 04:22 PM
It is pornography. Yes, in a way it is.




It is prostitution to me in a way.


What the hell this guy is talking about BD women swimmers?????



Edited on, February 6, 2005, 1:28 PM GMT, by Ibrahim.

cisco-guy
February 5, 2005, 04:58 PM
The last thing this forum needs is some Mullah's fatwa. These Mullahs tend to forget that Bangladesh is not the sole country of Muslims but the motherland of Hindus, Christians and Buddhists as well.

Mridul
February 7, 2005, 01:47 AM
Brother Tiger Fan....dont get upset what other ppl say about ur posts....just make du'a for them...be patience....patience is the key....May God show them the straight path.....not everyone in this forum are religious...nor all of them r Muslim......my request to Muslim brothers and sisters...if u believe in One God and believe that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the last messenger of God...then obey the commandmands Allah and follow the teaching of Prophet Muhammd (peace be upon him).......you not only be successful in this world but also in hereafter.......remember death...it can come anytime.......we all know our birth date...but none of us know when is our last day on this earth.....the Creator gave u the life....HE'll take it away oneday.....so dont u think its an obligation to obey our Creator?... as a Muslim wouldn't u follow Allah and HIS messenger instead of ur own desire?

Spitfire_x86
February 7, 2005, 02:00 AM
Brother Mridul, I think Allah wants us to obey him and don't cause chaos by any means in earth.

Fazal
February 7, 2005, 01:53 PM
Ameen.

bty is browsing internet is allowed? Or I am breaking the rule as a Muslim.

I have lots of women at workplace who wear skirts and doesn't wear proper Muslim cloths. And I have look at them eye-to-eye in the meeting. What should I do? Quit the job?

What about watching TV, should I quit watching TV, winter olympics, all?

I need some guidance, please.

[Actually I got some good and thoughtful responses from some of the members already. Thanks guys!!]

Edited on, February 7, 2005, 7:38 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Edited on, February 7, 2005, 11:14 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Spitfire_x86
February 7, 2005, 03:55 PM
Tigers are kufa for this thread :) One tiger made this thread long, and another tiger re-incarnated this thread when everybody thought it was going to die.

fab
February 9, 2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by tiger_man
i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt get a warning for making those disgusting remarks......personally i would have banned you had i been the admin.
*yawn*

Originally posted by Mridul
as a Muslim wouldn't u follow Allah and HIS messenger instead of ur own desire?
Mridul,
Is it Allah's command that women are not allowed to swim races?

shujan
February 9, 2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by ehsan
Except swimming competitions I don't have any problems with women/girls taking part in any sport. Tell me how many of you would let your sisters/wives go out in a swimming competition with their swim suits on?

Swimming is not only a sport, it is also a life saving skill. If you truly love your sister and wife better then your ego then you should encourage them to learn the life saving skill. Shari might kill them while swimming as it is too heavy. Bangladesh has so many rivers you know.

Responsibility of keeping decency doesn't only fall in woman's shoulder. Guys have to behave decently too. A man can look the other way if require. I wonder how many bengali guy can show this decency.

Here is a story:
Two shonnashis were crossing a muddy road. A woman stood still stranded in the middle of the road as she was unable to cross the muddy road. One shonnashi went to help her. He picked her up with his arms and carried her over the muddy road and landed her in the nice part of the road. Then the two shonnashi and the woman went into their separate ways.

After a day or two the other shonnashi asked the shonnashi who helped the lady, "You know something about you is bothering me so I am going to ask you a question. why did you hold this woman and took her in your arms to carry her? You know as a shonnashi we pledged to not to touch woman."

The Shonnashi reply " My friend I droped her from my arms days ago and you still couldn't drop her from your mind. It doesn't matter as long as you keep your imagination innocent":)

Who do you think is a better shonnashi?


Edited on, February 9, 2005, 7:42 AM GMT, by shujan.

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 7:45 AM GMT, by shujan.

allrounder
February 17, 2005, 02:59 PM
The only reason bangladeshi women should not go to swimming pool is because many bangladeshi men are perverts.

TigerFan
February 17, 2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by allrounder
The only reason bangladeshi women should not go to swimming pool is because many bangladeshi men are perverts.

lolz. Itz not only banglais, in all races itz the same. And hey, itz not only man either, women too, I think.

desi_pride
February 20, 2005, 09:36 PM
i think women should learn to swim>
but why in public ?

shujan
February 24, 2005, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by desi_pride
i think women should learn to swim>
but why in public ?

Where is the indoor swimming pool? All the rivers and ponds are outdoor. If you go to village lots of village woman take bath in pond and river. Whats wrong with that?

Edited on, February 24, 2005, 11:55 AM GMT, by shujan.

rajibpaulrana
February 24, 2005, 08:50 AM
one solution to this is that bangladeshi swimmers can wear what Ian thorpe(thorpedo wears). he wears a body suit which also helps him to go bit fast!!!!!!!!!!!

women can wear a whole body suit so nothing will be exposed and no one will have a problem....

1 more thing those against women swimming :down:

TigerFan
February 25, 2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by shujan[i/]
Where is the indoor swimming pool? All the rivers and ponds are outdoor. If you go to village lots of village woman take bath in pond and river. Whats wrong with that?

women in village know better. They know how to skip the eyes of men. For example, they cover themselves carefully and they usually choose a time to take bath when men are not around. Men also show respect to their privacy.
[i]Originally posted by rajibpaulrana
one solution to this is that bangladeshi swimmers can wear what Ian thorpe(thorpedo wears). he wears a body suit which also helps him to go bit fast!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't make much difference. There are two things that is considered. No skin showing and wearing such a clothing that does not plaster to body or does not reveal body's size and shape even though after covering the whole body.

TigerFan
June 8, 2005, 04:43 PM
so no reply.............?

Locutus
June 9, 2005, 08:36 AM
Crazy Bangladesh! They will never grow up!

tiger_man
June 14, 2005, 11:51 PM
cant believe this thread is still going on and on.....

Fazal
June 29, 2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by tiger_man
cant believe this thread is still going on and on.....

and thanks for keeping it alive.

al
June 29, 2005, 12:34 PM
man, this is an ancient thread