PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

battye
December 30, 2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
Welcome to banglacricket, guys. Glad to have one more Aussie in the Tiger's home. :)

mafij
December 30, 2004, 10:16 AM
Hello everybody, I'm Mafij from East London, UK.

I am a manager of Vallance Cricket Club VCC in London where most of Bangladeshi origin lives. From VCC we would like to WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND wish 2005 will be a great year for Bangladesh Cricket.

chinaman
December 30, 2004, 11:17 AM
Welcome to banglacricket, mafij. Thank you very much and you too have a very happy New Year.

May be one day you can share some of your experience with the VCC here.

shakilc
December 30, 2004, 02:30 PM
Shakil Choudhury
Software developer, IBM Canada.
37 years old ( bura )

Blind supporter of BD cricket.

Worst day in my life : when BD lost to Canada.

Married, one daughter.

I have a Mechanical Engineering degree from BUET and a Computer science degree from York University of Toronto.

Maruf
December 30, 2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by shakilc
37 years old ( bura )
Still you have lots of life in you :P

Maruf
December 30, 2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by shujan
Friends call me Shujan. I am an eager Tiger fan like most of you. I am from Houston Texas.

Though you have more posts in your credit than me(meaning you are here longer than me), I welcome you--- the Texas cowboy.

Bat-PadTogether
December 30, 2004, 06:58 PM
Hello Everyone.Iam!!!!most probably the oldest member of this forum.Living here since 1985.Great fan of Cricket!Played in the Dhaka leauge.My father played in the Quaid-E-Azam Trophy in the 70 in Pakistan. I Played for the Swedish National Team 1992-1999.Iam a Dental Technician.:fanflag:

Faisal
December 30, 2004, 07:13 PM
hi my name is Faisal. im 22 years old...
studying travel & tourism 3rd semister..
well i join banglacricker few months back.. even though i watch cricket on tv also buy package online such as willow tv, sgstream,, but still i come here & share my feelinngs with you guys... thank you..

[ bangladesh will win first test match against zim, so be ready guys]

bangalee
December 30, 2004, 07:43 PM
I am the old daddy here.... working in a financial services company as s/w release manager in San Francisco... love cricket, plyed cricket in BD in my younger days with Kalabagan then concentrated on life just like most of us. Still couldn't give up playing, so currently I am playing in Bay Area cricket league :) ... I enjoy fielding and taking quick singles :)

I have my family pix at http://photos.yahoo.com/zubairquazi

Long live Bangladesh
:fanflag:

al Furqaan
December 30, 2004, 08:30 PM
my name is asaad...i like to take long walks in the park, i love recieving flowers from my girlfriend on my birthday, and go once a week with my mom to get my nails done. i like country music as i am from nashville. HAHA

just kidding.

i like basketball, football, and cricket. my favorite teams are phoenix suns, minnesota timberwolves, tennessee titans, and of course bangladesh. i also like music, mostly i listen to rap although i like select songs from alternative, country, rock, and punk (i think). my favorite artist at the moment is eminem, although i think lloyd banks looks cool.

i also am interested in religions particularily judaism, christianity, and islam. i like studying islam, politcal science, and world affairs. i also like history (some of it).

James90
December 30, 2004, 09:37 PM
A warm welcome to all our new members! Interested in hearing more about the Swedish national team and the VCC

Maruf
December 30, 2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by bangalee

Thank you for sharing the pics with the rest of the members. By the by, welcome to the forum.

Maruf
December 30, 2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether
Hello Everyone.Iam!!!!most probably the oldest member of this forum.Living here since 1985.Great fan of Cricket!Played in the Dhaka leauge.My father played in the Quaid-E-Azam Trophy in the 70 in Pakistan. I Played for the Swedish National Team 1992-1999.Iam a Dental Technician.:fanflag:

Welcome to the forum. By the by, how old are you?

fab
December 31, 2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Maruf
Originally posted by bangalee

Thank you for sharing the pics with the rest of the members. By the by, welcome to the forum.

hmmm.. there seems to be a strong resemblence with George Michael in his Wham days (http://www.le-papier-a-gaumet.com/stars/george_michael.asp)

beonage
January 1, 2005, 08:35 AM
:mad: Rajin Salah ray doyra pitaaaaaa..... Orray ami dhakbar pari na....:down:

Haradhon
January 1, 2005, 12:38 PM
Haradhon = Hosain Alam from Washington, D.C. suburb, Maryland, USA.
Happy New Year to all Banglacricket fans.
I can be truthful only if you guys do not kick me out for being the OLDEST VISITOR to this forum. Folks, I an older than “Reinausagi” or “Chinaman!” I am 42 years 309 days old, an electrical engineer currently working as engineering manager for the U. S. government, and live in Maryland, USA since 1986.
My association with cricket dates back to the late Seventies when I was a fan of the “Rising Star” club of Chittagong League. My memories of the Seventies are watching Shafiqul Haq Hira sweeping spinners and creating a storm of dust, watching Dileep Mendis fielding in silly point and whacking BD bowlers without mercy in Chittagong, and being a Yusuf Babu fan, who scored 78 against MCC in 1978.
Recent cricketing activities: Played “tape tennis” (tennis ball wrapped with electrical tape) with the University of Maryland students in the side walk at the college Park campus in summer 2003.

Tehsin: I, perhaps, know you. We were invited to the same lunch as “jamai babu.”

reinausagi
January 1, 2005, 01:17 PM
My memories of the Seventies are watching Shafiqul Haq Hira sweeping spinners and creating a storm of dust, watching Dileep Mendis fielding in silly point and whacking BD bowlers without mercy in Chittagong, and being a Yusuf Babu fan, who scored 78 against MCC in 1978.

Welcome 'oldie'. Good to have someone else who remembers Heera's jharoo shot. I used to hang out with the player's wives/sisters and such during the games. Heera had a Japanese wife who spoke perfect Bangla! Shamim Kabir's wife who was in her thirties and trying to concieve their first child was deathly afraid one of the MCC pace bowlers was going to sneak through the bat and pad and do some damage;)

About Mendis' feilding.. I remember he took a hard shot straight from one of the BD batsmen straight to the gut and held on to it for an out! We had thought he was going to the hospital! No, he just dusted himself off and handed the ball to Warnapura.

Anyway. WELCOME!

Orpheus
January 1, 2005, 04:55 PM
hahahahahahah

shujan
January 1, 2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Maruf
Originally posted by shujan
Friends call me Shujan. I am an eager Tiger fan like most of you. I am from Houston Texas.

Though you have more posts in your credit than me(meaning you are here longer than me), I welcome you--- the Texas cowboy.

Howdy Maruf! Thank you very much. Welcome to the Jungle.:)

Faceoff
January 1, 2005, 11:25 PM
Looks like we(texans) are the majority here!!!

howzatt!
January 2, 2005, 04:38 AM
yep a lot of texans

Maruf
January 2, 2005, 09:44 PM
Howdy Maruf! Thank you very much. Welcome to the Jungle.:)

You are welcome. I see a lot of people are from Texas. All cricket lovers have invaded George Bush's home town :lol:

Tehsin
January 3, 2005, 02:59 AM
Guess what folks .. I moved from Texas (grand prairie, 20 miles south of Dallas and 10 minutes south of Six Flags) to become (I'm afraid) the 'jamai babu' at the same party as haradhon. Unfortunately, i was never invited, apparantly, they invited my in-laws and somehow I was supposed to be involved in some way. :)

I have not been in the intro section for a while but I see that we have a lot of new members (seasonal ? - ie winning season) and I just wanted to welcome everyone who has joined us to experience the start of the golden years of BD cricket.

Haradhon (uncle? Dula bhai?), if I was the same person, you probably know me as Moyeen. For everyone else, I'm in Virginia right now and I will join haradhon this year for the tape tennis adventure at UMD as soon as I go see a doctor and get some x-rays done on my right shoulder. Cricket khela 'follow' korte korte amader player der moto injured hoye gechi.

Ishtylish cricketer
January 3, 2005, 09:54 AM
Hey guys!
I was wondering how one can possibly get direct TV in Canada? If anyone has the slightest of clues please post a message.

Thank you for your collaboration

alim83
January 5, 2005, 10:21 AM
hi all,
i dont want to miss da chance to introduce myself ('nijer dhol nije petano') ....before dis topic is declared locked!

I am Shourov , 22 (.....obviously Pure Bangladeshi)....at this moment from Tokyo, Japan; doing my undergrad here.Staying in Japan for 3 years.

I am watching cricket from '92 World Cup (still recall the 'flying jump' of Jonty Rhodes).

I was following this forum for 6 months...but joined as a member (street cricketer!...somehow I like the naming) just 3/4 days ago(!!).

Thanks to all organizers for dis nice discussion forum.
Best luck to our team in the tests starting tomorrow.

Edited on, January 5, 2005, 3:52 PM GMT, by alim83.

amadergaan
January 5, 2005, 04:17 PM
Name : Faysal

What I Live for? - Cricket, Photography, Digital Arts & Music.

al
January 5, 2005, 04:24 PM
38 and counting, married, 2 kids. one new born. I have been in states since 86. now in CA-SF BAY areas. last played cricket in 80's. recently started some light cricket on saturdays locally. I have been watching/following cricket from 77 when MCC toured bangladesh. I remember yosuf babu had hit a six from indian bowler roger binny. I am thrilled to find this web site and often spend time on it during my lunch/off hours. thanks

ZaKi
January 5, 2005, 06:43 PM
About me ?

I m ZaKi
23 years old
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Computer Engg

I love cricket very much... I love to play cricket & also enjoy cricket matches in TV... Never miss any live cricket match... thats why max time i have to heared words from Parents... i missed many classes even class test for cricket matches...
This site is 1 of my fav sites.I must visit 10/12 websites daily... & this is one of them... Thx to founder of this site to build up such a site...:bravo:
thats all... thx

Faceoff
January 5, 2005, 06:56 PM
To those who are in bd, will you be able to broadcast the bd matches? I m sure we can raise some money if u need to buy bandwidth. plz think abt it.
thanx.

ps: i m sure we have enough computer gurus in bd who can do this.

desi_pride
January 5, 2005, 07:47 PM
i just signed in and i don't know much about cricket but a wan to learn about it.
i'm 15 years old and i live in montreal .
i find this page on google i was searching for bangladesh aircraft and i find this : www.banglacricket.com--- they sayed that bangladesh has send two c-130 hercules and 2 heli and that's how i find out his page.

anyways i always liked cricket but not that much. :umm:

Maruf
January 5, 2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by amadergaan
Name : Faysal

What I Live for? - Cricket, Photography, Digital Arts & Music.

Welcome to the forum, Faysal. I know your music site.

Maruf
January 5, 2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by al
38 and counting, married, 2 kids. one new born. I have been in states since 86. now in CA-SF BAY areas. last played cricket in 80's. recently started some light cricket on saturdays locally. I have been watching/following cricket from 77 when MCC toured bangladesh. I remember yosuf babu had hit a six from indian bowler roger binny. I am thrilled to find this web site and often spend time on it during my lunch/off hours. thanks

I am also a not so young member here. I remember Roger Binny and Yousuf Rahman Babu. In those days Hyderabad blues was more than a match for Bangladesh national team. Bangladesh cricket team has improved a lot since then though. :bravo:

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Edited on, January 6, 2005, 3:46 AM GMT, by Maruf.

Haradhon
January 5, 2005, 11:28 PM
Is there a mailing address for the Banglacricket?
Tehsin: We met in a house at Lanham, Cathedral Ave. Haradhon "bhai" would be fine, "uncle" sounds too old and discriminatory! I have not been updated about the tape tennis thing at the UMCP since 2003, but will keep you posted.

green_cat
January 6, 2005, 01:55 AM
hmm......me

hey its me not a young guy...i think i am the only one from germany.....just doing my masters thesis for IBM located in germany........u r so cool and u have given me a site to visit at least every day........thanks to u all.......

tansir
January 6, 2005, 05:01 AM
Hi everybody! I ain't using any ALIAS.........my name is TANSIR AHMED. I'm doing my PhD on 4G mobile communications at Siemens Mobile AG in Munich, Germany. I'm 29. My passion's sports starting from GOLF to ROWING. I used to play cricket at district league (Netrakona), and I'm a BLIND BD supporter.

I thank this forum, moderators and all of you for giving us the wonderful chance to share our common feelings towards cricket. Wherever I go I introduce BANGLACRICKET to my friends and encourage them to log-in. I'm waiting for the day when BD would be a force in the cricket world (in 3/4 years!) and BANGLACRICKET would start posting LIVE SCORES. Long live BANGLACRICKET :fanflag:

tansir
January 6, 2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by crktjani
hmm......me

hey its me not a young guy...i think i am the only one from germany.....just doing my masters thesis for IBM located in germany........u r so cool and u have given me a site to visit at least every day........thanks to u all.......

Hallo CRKTJANI..........Ich wohne auch in Deutschland. In welcher Stadt wohnst du? Wie heisst du???

mafizraju
January 8, 2005, 01:35 AM
Orpheus

When you asked Arnab about going to RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) I beleive you were looking for Arnab Zahin ....... if you happens to see this thread ........... If you ever know any update from him let me know as well............... haven't heard anything about him for the longest period

Tehsin
January 8, 2005, 01:46 AM
Rochester ? My brother-in-law goes there (Rakib).
Haradhon - was that the Doc's house ?

Tansir - appreciate you introducing BC (banglacricket) to your friends. Like you, i use my own name.

Welcome to Alim83, amadergaan (Faysal), al, Zaki, faceoff, desi-pride, maruf, crktjani and the other new members.

NiPuN
January 8, 2005, 06:29 AM
HI all
I am Kaiser Khan (Nipun),27 Y O.
Location Sydney, Australia since 2002 August.
Finished my BBA (Accounting) from DU, Accounting Dept (BBA 2nd Batch), Then came to Australia to do my MBA (Major in Accounting) from University of Western Sydney . Now permanently reside in Australia and working in a Pharmaceutical Company as an Accountant. Still single...:)...But going to be married very soon.

My passion Cricket, Cricket and Cricket.

Thanks BC.:fanflag:

reza_15
January 9, 2005, 12:38 AM
hey guys ,

It's reza from Los Angeles . I"m bangladeshi , i came here only 7 months ago , i love cricket and like to watch very much . Bangladesh's doing pretty good and i wish i could've been in bangladesh and enjoyed their first test victory .

Sadrul
January 9, 2005, 08:02 PM
I am Sadrul from Atlanta, GA, USA
I love cricket and a member of Team Spirit, a cricket team in Atlanta

ţ®ďthîßďr^çhďtk€r
January 9, 2005, 11:02 PM
Hi all..here is Prithibir Chitker..what to say? heard about Banglacricket few weeks ago..I was bored today..felt like registering here..so here I m..

hmm..looks like a good site..hope to have some nice time here ~

Thanks all.

Tehsin
January 10, 2005, 03:06 AM
Welcome Nipun, Reza, Sadrul and PC. You have great timing. :)

istiak
January 10, 2005, 10:51 AM
cong.. BD for there first win!!!!:clap::clap:

hi everyone i am the oldest around!! Just crossed 40 :o

Want to know my first cricket serise on radio? 1973 India vs England....all because of my father's passion and it continues..........

I am from Europe!

Edited on, January 10, 2005, 3:52 PM GMT, by istiak.

chinaman
January 10, 2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by istiak

Welcome to banglacricket, istiak.

Well, you are one of the youngest here :)

Cheers.

Zunaid
January 10, 2005, 11:11 AM

Welcome to banglacricket, istiak.

Well, you are one of the youngest here :)

Cheers.

What do these kids think, Chinaman? Baper Bari? :)

Ibrahim
January 10, 2005, 11:20 AM
Welcome, Istiak bhai. You can bring lot of exciting story and can compare old and these new days.

Imtiaz
January 10, 2005, 11:36 AM
cong.. BD for there first win!!!!:clap::clap:

Want to know my first cricket serise on radio? 1973 India vs England....all because of my father's passion and it continues..........

I am from Europe!

Edited on, January 10, 2005, 3:52 PM GMT, by istiak.

Believe me , you are not the oldest ! If you want to know about the 1960-61 India v Pakistan series, talk to me. Even vague memories of Australia vs. Pakistan at Dhaka a year earlier.

shonarcheley
January 10, 2005, 11:58 PM
:bravo:

Tintin
January 11, 2005, 12:05 AM
>>If you want to know about the 1960-61 India v Pakistan series, talk to me.

Imtiaz bhai,

Out of interest. How did you follow cricket then ? BBC ? Radio Australia ? All India Radio ?

PS : There used to be a time when I was among the older people on this forum, when only rafiq was old enough to be addressed 'bhai'. Bad old days !

Zephaniah
January 11, 2005, 05:44 PM
I'm 28 now and counting (fast).

Where do I stand? Top 20 oldest people in this forum? I think so.

Gilchrist
January 11, 2005, 06:10 PM
I'm Ben from NT Australia, I love cricket I watch every game thats on tv, and My favourite player is Adam Gilchrist.

tushar manob
January 11, 2005, 09:39 PM
Hi all,

I am Tuhin from Minnesota. I had been a fan of cricket since 87 world cup. I have been visiting this discussion group for almost a year, finally became a member.

Gooooooooooo BANGLACRICKET.COM

CTazim
January 11, 2005, 09:57 PM
I think I am the oldest in this forum... but nevertheless young at heart :). I live in Connectictut since 1997 and in the U.S. since '86; I am a Notre Dame alumni.- class of '85. I'm married to my high school sweetheart since 1994 and have two wonderful daughters 9 and 2. I've a bachelor in Computer Science from the University of Maryland and currently pursing my M.B.A from RPI Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

I am an IT professional working here in Connecticut for ESPN and passionate about Cricket. I.E. Bangladesh cricket. I have seen all Bangladesh ODI in the worldcup live and have followed ball-by-ball commentary live almost for all other BD tests and ODI.

When I was in Dhaka, I used to play cricket (ametuer and not nearly as good- and that too is an overstatement :)) in Ispahani colony with Atahar bhai, Nazim bhai and Nazim bhai's brother Kazim bhai (who used to be the wicket keeper for Azad Boys back in the early to mid 80s). Last time the Bangladesh team was in Washington D.C. I went and saw the match against the U.S. team. The game ended in a draw (can you believe that!) and I had the opportunity to meet with Atahar bhai. Anyway, it was good to see Nazim Bhai still writes here.. I hope I can get to say hi to him. Although I don't know whether he will remember me or not as it has been almost 20 years since I last saw him.

The other day I was a bit vocal about my disgust of undermining BD's ability by Indian and Western Media. In my zeal I ended up generalizing and thus ended up sounded equally bigotted. Although, I can say with conviction that we ought to take all sort of criticism with a grain of salt and also be congnizant of the hidden sass in guise of "constructive criticism" which arise mainly from a perpetual believe of being superior to Bangladesh, we ought to be (I am speaking for myself mostly) a little careful how to let off the steam. It provides a totally wrong picture of your self to people who only know you from what you write in the forum. I know I am not a bigot- it comes from the frustration of Indians or the Brits making fun of Bangladesh - a country which may be poor, but whose people can show many thousand fold to the west what the word of "giving" means without owning a whole lot.

Finally, If I can be of any help to Banglacricket.com let me know. I would consider that a privilege!

chinaman
January 11, 2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Zephaniah

Nice try. Not even in top 50 :)

I think one has to go very near to the sixties to be considered in the competition for the oldest member of banglacricket.

Anyway, banglacricket welcome all the new members.

Imtiaz
January 11, 2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Tintin
>>If you want to know about the 1960-61 India v Pakistan series, talk to me.

Imtiaz bhai,

Out of interest. How did you follow cricket then ? BBC ? Radio Australia ? All India Radio ?

PS : There used to be a time when I was among the older people on this forum, when only rafiq was old enough to be addressed 'bhai'. Bad old days !

Actually, I am not too bothered either way with the "bhai" suffix. Certainly better than the "uncle" I keep on hearing from strangers in Dhaka !

Your question takes me back to very happy memories. My earliest memory of listening to a radio commentary would be the Bombay test of 1960-61 on our Murphy radio when Hanif scored a very slow [ as always ] 160. It was an awful series. Both side scared of losing. That was All India Radio / Radio Pakistan. Pakistan had a great commentator in Omar Qureishi.

After that, memories are clearer. I occasionally would listen to BBC World Service with my father - Ashes 1961 comes into mind , very vaguely though. A great piece, I heard fortuitously, was when Griffiths broke Cowdrey's hand in 1963. Believe me, it was audible, or , so we felt. I don't think there were stump microphones then.

From 1966 onwards, I followed ball-by-ball commentary like a religious duty. If it was an Australian test , then waking up at 6:00 am and listening to the dulcet tones of Alan McGilvray and Lindsay Hassett comes to mind. Upsetting my grandparents as I would not move away from the radio and not have my breakfast. BBC ball-by-ball was, of course, John Arlott and Brian Johnston. They were great commentators, each completely different from the other. However, the person who "taught" me cricket was Trevor Bailey. I also credit BBC ball-by-ball commentary for teaching me English !

In 1971/72, the South African tour to Australia was cancelled due to apartheid and a Rest of the World tour was organised. Overnight , I think, Gavaskar and Engineer were batting. I woke up late and it was just before lunch. Gavaskar and Engineer were still batting ! No shakes. McGilvray, however, reminded us , that this was the secong innings !! Lillie had blown away the first innings with 8 wickets.

In those days, summer evenings passed by listening to cricket and, even, Wimbledon.

Even, after I moved to England in 1975, I used to watch the BBC Test match special [ long before Sky ] but with the sound off. The radio was always on. I used to find Jim Laker very boring.

Amongst the recent crop, I find Agnew quite acceptable. Though no-one to replace Bailey from an educationn point of view.

But no mention of listening to short wave radio can be complete without mentioning the "fading away" of the brodcasts. We had to move the aerial and what not. When the transistor radio arrived, turning it to face different directions, going up to the roof to get a better signal was all part and parcel of the listening ! I don't think many people would now-a-days even know what a 25 meter band is ? or, how many khz ? For some reason BBC was best in 25 and 31 mb. Radio Australia was always 13 and 16 mb.

Sorry ! A long reply.

ManInBlack
January 12, 2005, 10:46 AM
Its a great site!!!!!

I'm 26..living in sydney. I first came to about this site on BBC web site. I'm finding it to be a cool web site for a BD Cricket fanatic like me.

Two thumbs up to all the adminitrators moderators and members of this site. Keep it up!!!

Looking forward to talk to you all in recent future.

Tintin
January 12, 2005, 11:02 AM
Beautiful post, Imtiaz bhai.

My commentary days lasted only from 1986 to around 1994, when cable channels began to show the matches live. But I fondly remember my days with BBC and Radio Australia.

Jottoshob
January 12, 2005, 11:26 AM
This is Hasib from Kansas City.

Married.
SSC : Udayan Bidyalaya
HSC : Notredame College
BS : North South University
MS : Central Missouri State University

Working for Sprint as a software Engineer.

Love cricket. Wicket Keeper/Batsman of our Kansas City Based Bangladeshi team BDTigers. We play tape tennis cricket.

Hope few of you know me. :lol:

chinaman
January 12, 2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by CTazim
Finally, If I can be of any help to Banglacricket.com let me know. I would consider that a privilege!

Dhorata khailen Bhai :) Aapnake kee ar chari?

Bangladeshi fan, association with a sports channel, IT professional ... umm... does it ring a bell to anyone? Please raise your hands.

rafiq
January 12, 2005, 11:52 AM
Hadn't checked this thread in ages - hey what is this obsession with being old, people? We seem to be trying to outdo each other to establish who is older? Is that to get more respect or apoligize to the ladies for not being a young thing anymore or what?

Anyway, Tintin I was NEVER the oldest on this board and am NOWHERE near such elite status. Chinaman is the oldest, he just won't admit to it!

There's no real need to call each other Bhai on the forum either. If someone is offended about not being addressed as Bhai or Apa then that's their issue. When you are writing on a forum I don;t think you have time to stop and think who is older or younger than you.

Imtiaz, thanks for bringing back the memories of short wave radio!

Hey Azim, I am sure Nazim will get back to you if he sees this post but just send him a U2U or contact him via tpsultan on this board. I don't know if we met back in the day but I was good friends with Kazim and we all went to Greenherald together.

Do you remember any of the GH boyz - on the cricket field or off - Subho & his brother Sagor (Sabbir/Iftekhar, responsible for most of the concert fights in those days), Brian Liu, lombu Lewis who played 1st or 2nd div cricket can't remember which, Peal/Pickloo, Parvez Mallam from Alliance Francaise, etc? Did you play any cricket with Kazim circa 81-82? At Notre Dame, you may remember some Josephites from that time and my good friend Tahmid Mizan who was probably a year ahead of you.

anyway, nice to meet some of the "younger" board members.

Tehsin
January 12, 2005, 12:18 PM
Wow, I am feeling soooooooooooo young Thanks to all the golden oldies. It was fascinating to hear your stories and would love to hear more - please keep them coming. We can renew one of our older threads or creat a new one where you can discuss this. 'A trip down memory lane' - sound good to you ?

I am wondering why we are not getting more folks from DC. :)

jeesh
January 12, 2005, 01:00 PM
Jeeshan Mirza,

sham1980
January 12, 2005, 07:37 PM
My name is Sham's I am from London. I am 24 yrs old I am keen Bangladesh Cricket Fan.

CTazim
January 12, 2005, 07:43 PM
P.S. I am from Udayan too :):fanflag:

Rumee
January 12, 2005, 10:24 PM
I am an 'alter kockers (Yiddishism for 'old farts'); old enough for playing cricket in the Mymensingh League in 1970. Played for BUET. Also, played mostly in 2nd division with occassional years in the First division league. Out of touch with cricket for 20 years (left Bangladesh in 1983). Discovered cricket two world cups ago. Became cricket fanatic again and renewed my ties with cricket in St. Lucia last year. Was a software developer. Now an idiot (Karmakarta) trying to get my organization from BEA Tuxedo world to J2EE environment. Live in Delaware, USA. PS: Went to play club cricket and broke my wrist last yaer. Still recovering.

Maruf
January 12, 2005, 10:44 PM
I welcome all the new members here. It's a great cricket forum and a fun place. People are also very friendly. Have a pleasant stay!:great:

tiger_man
January 13, 2005, 12:19 AM
hi, i am living in sydney aged 20

i love being part of this forum as i get updated much quickly in a tight bangladesh match....(zimb vs tigers) and (tigers vs india)

furthermore i like it here because the forum is clean, well maintained with no swearing or offensive contents, unlike most websites.....

keep up the good work..... :clap::up:

Tehsin
January 13, 2005, 12:34 AM
There is a cricket league in Delware too ? Wow.
Welcome to the board Rumee 'uncle' and the other newer members. How far is Hockessin rom wilmington?

Zunaid
January 13, 2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
Do you remember any of the GH boyz - on the cricket field or off - Subho & his brother Sagor (Sabbir/Iftekhar, responsible for most of the concert fights in those days), Brian Liu, lombu Lewis who played 1st or 2nd div cricket can't remember which, Peal/Pickloo, Parvez Mallam from Alliance Francaise, etc? Did you play any cricket with Kazim circa 81-82? At Notre Dame, you may remember some Josephites from that time and my good friend Tahmid Mizan who was probably a year ahead of you.

Aaah. That's why I seemed to recall the name CTAzim. Rafique, how could you forget to add me to your cavalcade of names from GH/NdC. Tsk Tsk.

Imtiaz
January 13, 2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Tintin
Beautiful post, Imtiaz bhai.

My commentary days lasted only from 1986 to around 1994, when cable channels began to show the matches live. But I fondly remember my days with BBC and Radio Australia.

Thanks. Glad to know of your experiences ! Presumably, this was after Arlott. Brian Johnston, Blofeld etc. must have been the commentators then. Who did it from Australia ? You also must have missed the frustration of a short wave listener !

In fact, this is the period, I know very little about. Before the advent of satellite television, England, believe it or not, was a very Cricket un-friendly country - unless England themselves were involved, of course - because of the time zones. For example, my knowledge of the growth of Sri Lankan players is not very good or even Indians and Pakistanis of that era.

I had a rather snobbish attitude towards satellite dishes considering it too "gawdy". I remember settling into my sofa late in the evening to watch the 1992 World Cup highlights when I had nasty wake-up call. There would be no World Cup on terrestial TV. The bastard Murdoch had bought the rights ! My principles went down the drain and the horrible dish went up. Happily, renewing my acquaintance with cricket, albeit, mostly the heretical one day format of the game. Even now, I am not a great fan of one day cricket. It allows mediocre players to survive, in my opinion. I accept, of course, this is how first class cricket survives.

rafiq
January 13, 2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Originally posted by rafiq

Aaah. That's why I seemed to recall the name CTAzim. Rafique, how could you forget to add me to your cavalcade of names from GH/NdC. Tsk Tsk.

Kazi bhai, maaf kore diyen - I did not dare not take your name!

I remember Kazim would show up with a cadre of ringers from Ispahani Colony whenever we had pick up matches out at the BUET field (no way do I remember who the heck we were playing) - CTAzim may have been one of them!

CTazim
January 13, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hey Rafiq bhai: Were you in Virgina before moving to Chicago, Are you married to Naila Apa?

Anyway I know Peal, Walker, Rashad, Zahid although my senior. Georgy and Baby (Movie Star Olivia's brothers and soccred players), Shibli bhai, Shaon and etc. Zunaid Bhai and Fuzail Bhai also. Ejaj Bhai, Reaz bhai (works in the U.S. embassy in Dhaka), Munnaji Bhai, Shaheen bhai etc. Last time I was in Dhaka I met them on Eid.

Azim

Firebolt
January 13, 2005, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone...I hope i'm doing this right, as i'm a new member of banglacricket and have no idea how it works--yet.

anyways, i'm from skokie, IL (near chicago)...immigrated from bangladesh a few years back. i miss cricket possibly more than anything else (missing the 2003 world cup was the ultimate downer). however, thanks to banglacricket and sgstream.com, i was able to watch the victorious one day against india and clips of THE test against zimbabwe. so thanks for that.

o, i'm 17 years old, and i'm currently a junior/11th grader in high school.

err, ok so does this qualify as a proper intro? i hope!

Zunaid
January 13, 2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by CTazim
Hey Rafiq bhai: Were you in Virgina before moving to Chicago, Are you married to Naila Apa?

Anyway I know Peal, Walker, Rashad, Zahid although my senior. Georgy and Baby (Movie Star Olivia's brothers and soccred players), Shibli bhai, Shaon and etc. Zunaid Bhai and Fuzail Bhai also. Ejaj Bhai, Reaz bhai (works in the U.S. embassy in Dhaka), Munnaji Bhai, Shaheen bhai etc. Last time I was in Dhaka I met them on Eid.
Azim

Speaking of Reaz = are we talking about Kana reaz or Mota Reaz? (Others - don't worry - these friends are ok with the appellations)

Firebolt
January 13, 2005, 01:16 PM
hello everyone...a quick question. there's a caption underneath my nickname that reads street cricketer. i was wondering if it'd be possible to change that.

also, is there a way to put some sort of image along with one's profile?

Fazal
January 13, 2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Firebolt
hello everyone...a quick question. there's a caption underneath my nickname that reads street cricketer. i was wondering if it'd be possible to change that.

Welcome Firebolt to BC!

Actually you can change that by yourself by contributing in this message board. You have already 2 posts, you need to write 48 more posts to move to 'Club Cricketer '
and 1998 more posts to move to 'Cricket Legend'.

Here how they rank the users:

--------------------------------
Street Cricketer 0 Posts
Club Cricketer 50 Posts
First Class Cricketer 200 Posts
ODI Cricketer 500 Posts
Test Cricketer 1000 Posts
Cricket Legend 2000 Posts
----------------------------------

Edited on, January 13, 2005, 6:38 PM GMT, by Fazal.

CTazim
January 13, 2005, 02:26 PM
I should get going then... Reaz Bhai was and as far as I know was not motta.. As a matter of fact none of the brothers is (Arshad bhai, Reaz Bhai, Ejaj Bhai and then Munnji).

Also, I meant to say Tomal Bhai and not peal in my previous post. I need to send an U2U to Rafiq bhai so that he gets it though

Azim

Firebolt
January 13, 2005, 03:11 PM
thanks "fazal" for the reply...i got really excited when i received it as it was my first message from banglacricket :tiger:

i love the ranking idea--it's very creative! hopefully i'll be able to move up the ranks pretty fast :)

Canuck
January 13, 2005, 05:03 PM
I am a "Bengali" who just moved into his early twenties, doing undergrad in Engineering Honors with double major (Electrical and Computer) though I am Canadian right now but I still love my country:flag: and the cricket over there.
I used to play cricket when I was in high school But not anymore.oops: but I do love to see BD cricket. And I am honoured to be here and honored to be around BD cricket fanz.
Hey Yall...
BD cricket Rox:clap:
Peace
Canuck

thecoolestleo
January 13, 2005, 09:36 PM
Hi ,

I am 30 years old chap.................
ssc- Rangpur Cadet College
hsc- same
bs-Iowa State Univ.
currently working as a IT consultant in Wallstreet newyork........
all the best wishes for tigar fans....go bd go ..................
thanks to all the people behind this site ,
ciao

chinaman
January 13, 2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Firebolt
also, is there a way to put some sort of image along with one's profile?

Yes, such pics are called avatar. If you have a picture in mind and it is less than 100x100 pix, you may put the url in your profile where it says "Avatar URL". Hope this help.

BTW, welcome to banglacricket.

Hasib
January 15, 2005, 02:05 AM
Hey James... do u still remember the original name of this thread?

Samin
January 17, 2005, 08:29 PM
I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I am currently a PhD student.

I play club cricket. I am a bit of an all-rounder I suppose. I bowl varying pace (fast to start with and medium in/out swingers later, plus some leggies if I get the chance :) I move around the batting order (open, middle order).

I recently started following the BD cricket team after their win against zimbo in the 1st test. Having watched Australia dominate world cricket, I guess I am after some real competition. However, despite my support for BD, I am 50-50 an aussie-BD supporter :cool:

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 2:49 AM GMT, by Samin.

Haradhon
January 17, 2005, 09:58 PM
Hello everyone, I am Hosain Alam aka Haradhon. I live in USA since 1986, and work as an engineer in Alexandria, Virginia.
I will be 43 in Feb 2005, and probably one of the oldies in this forum.
When I wake up in the middle of the night to check the Cricinfo commentary, my wife gives me a look, which means "You must be crazy!"

captain_thinking_tank
January 17, 2005, 10:21 PM
ami CAPTAIN_THINKING_TANK, khass dakhiya! lalbag a amar dada poyeda hoicha, dada'r bap-abi poyeda hoicha, aar amibi poyda hoichi. ami aar sob mimber go moton iskool-envirsity pora sikkhit na. lakha-pora koira katha ki korcha? ami crickat pochondo kori, crickat aar diwayana. chawk bazar a amar bisnas acha. nija bachla bap'ar nam!

Serendipity
January 18, 2005, 11:33 PM
I am Al.
Living in NYC. Almost 20.
I used to live on cricket. Unfortunalety cant anymore but I still play....cricket...we have a team in our college....I am a right handed middle order/opening batsman & right arm slow medium bowler. I also play baseball.
But cricket is my passion. I REALLY miss watching live games.
Some time I just go over old tapes.

This is really an awesome site!

Gokhra
January 18, 2005, 11:37 PM
Hi, I am a first year grad student in the US (Purdue). And of course a great cricket enthusiast (although never made it past the Nirman School Cricket stage myself :)). I found, and have been following this forum for about a couple of months now.

Edited on, January 19, 2005, 4:37 AM GMT, by Gokhra.

rimjumana
January 19, 2005, 10:53 AM
hi all,
let me thank you first for this wonderful site and for the nice discussions and comments. from time to time I used to read this site in the past also and living in germany (no cricket presence in the media at all!) this site gave me the only opportunity to get news about bd cricket.

I am 38, birthtown is naogaon (rajshahi division), passed the SSC+HSC from rajshahi cadet college, studied MBA in germany and working now in an international advertising company as financial advisor for central and eastern european countries.

I will try to visit this site sometimes to get the latest news and information on bd cricket.

tschuss !

Maruf
January 19, 2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Haradhon
Hello everyone, I am Hosain Alam aka Haradhon. I live in USA since 1986, and work as an engineer in Alexandria, Virginia.
I will be 43 in Feb 2005, and probably one of the oldies in this forum.
When I wake up in the middle of the night to check the Cricinfo commentary, my wife gives me a look, which means "You must be crazy!"

You have a nice alias, Haradhon= Hara+Dhon. Je Dhon harie geche :great: But please do come back once in a while..ok....:lol:

proud_to_be_a_bangladeshi
January 20, 2005, 03:23 AM
Hi I am kafee. I am studying at Monash Uni, Melbourne, Aus. Missing the live BD cricket excitements with friends and family. Thanks bangla cricket for this nice Web discussion board.

Hasib
January 22, 2005, 08:48 AM
welcome to the board ppl who i havnt welcomed

Hasib
January 22, 2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Zephaniah

Nice try. Not even in top 50 :)

I think one has to go very near to the sixties to be considered in the competition for the oldest member of banglacricket.

Anyway, banglacricket welcome all the new members.

Would I be in the top 20 youngest?

Haradhon
January 22, 2005, 01:07 PM
You have a nice alias, Haradhon= Hara+Dhon. Je Dhon harie geche :great: But please do come back once in a while..ok....:lol: [/quote]

Thanks, Maruf. I will seek copyright protection on my alias.

Maruf
January 23, 2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Haradhon
You have a nice alias, Haradhon= Hara+Dhon. Je Dhon harie geche :great: But please do come back once in a while..ok....:lol:

Thanks, Maruf. I will seek copyright protection on my alias. [/quote]

Certainly :D

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 12:59 AM GMT, by Maruf.

Sam
January 28, 2005, 01:41 PM
Samin, I love your signature:

"... the tiger emerges from the bushes, it's stealthy stride and markings camouflaging its immense power. The tiger pauses for a moment, sizing its prey, before the final pounce..." Just like our BD Tigers

Mahir
January 28, 2005, 03:54 PM
what happened to Andrew Miller from CricInfo...he checked in here once... n havent seen him post anything afterwards. Hoping to hear from his soon.

Zobair
January 28, 2005, 04:03 PM
He will probably come in once in a while. We will probably see lots of him when Bangladesh tours England. Dileep Premchandran is also a member here, and comes in once in a while as well :) They are too busy to be reguar posters.

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
what happened to Andrew Miller from CricInfo...he checked in here once... n havent seen him post anything afterwards. Hoping to hear from his soon.

ZaKi
January 28, 2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by captain_thinking_tank
ami CAPTAIN_THINKING_TANK, khass dakhiya! lalbag a amar dada poyeda hoicha, dada'r bap-abi poyeda hoicha, aar amibi poyda hoichi. ami aar sob mimber go moton iskool-envirsity pora sikkhit na. lakha-pora koira katha ki korcha? ami crickat pochondo kori, crickat aar diwayana. chawk bazar a amar bisnas acha. nija bachla bap'ar nam!

lol... WC dhakaia pola with some probashi boro vaia..:)

tj
January 30, 2005, 04:51 PM
hello all,

My name is Tajul Islam.Im 27 years old from Cardiff in South wales,uk.

adam voisey
January 31, 2005, 09:02 AM
Hi
My name is Adam who has been closly following Bangladesh cricket for a while now and would like to congratualte them on there recent series win over zimbabwe it's been a long time waiting
well done the tigers

Zobair
January 31, 2005, 10:49 AM
Welcome Adam! Hope you have a good time here.

belal
January 31, 2005, 09:57 PM
I am probably the oldest guy here cause i am Habibul Bashar (suman)'s team mate. Golla ,Suman and the rest of the Nirman team mates are all scattered now. I left for Canada some 12 yrs ago but still have cricket contact. Whenever Bangladesh play it doesnot matter what time of the night it is cause most of the Bangladesh games start at night our time i have followed it . Going to work with red eye but that is how much i still have passion for the country and its game.

Nasif
January 31, 2005, 10:45 PM
Welcome belal bhai.

Don't worry you are not the oldest one, we have members aged 45+

opu_87
February 1, 2005, 08:55 AM
this is opu

i am 17 years old bangladeshi, i am currently in England last 5 years and i was in bangladesh my first 12 years when me perents decides to send me in england and get better education, i am currently at collage, university in 2 years. i misss bangladesh alot, i have been to bangladesh last december 2004. i saw the cricket mact Bd vs IND which is great i also enjoy the misil my brother took me to misil at night, i was in dhaka in first Test and i was in chitagung then coxbazar when second test was on. my main bari is sylhet and my grandad is commisionar which he is give up because he has lung cancer which is very sad hes not my real grandfather i call him Dulabhai and he call be bhai. he cried alot hwn i left them december 29th specially my mum, i cry when i remeber it, here i live with my khala and i am currently playing for Durham city cricket club. this is all about me guys, cheers:clap:

shujan
February 1, 2005, 09:12 AM
opu welcome to the site. Hopefully you enjoy the site.

Zobair
February 1, 2005, 08:28 PM
wow! talk about a thorough introduction. Welcome brother! :)

Originally posted by opu_87
this is opu

i am 17 years old bangladeshi, i am currently in England last 5 years and i was in bangladesh my first 12 years when me perents decides to send me in england and get better education, i am currently at collage, university in 2 years. i misss bangladesh alot, i have been to bangladesh last december 2004. i saw the cricket mact Bd vs IND which is great i also enjoy the misil my brother took me to misil at night, i was in dhaka in first Test and i was in chitagung then coxbazar when second test was on. my main bari is sylhet and my grandad is commisionar which he is give up because he has lung cancer which is very sad hes not my real grandfather i call him Dulabhai and he call be bhai. he cried alot hwn i left them december 29th specially my mum, i cry when i remeber it, here i live with my khala and i am currently playing for Durham city cricket club. this is all about me guys, cheers:clap:

opu_87
February 3, 2005, 10:08 AM
Cheeers pompurs bhai :fanflag:

opu_87
February 3, 2005, 10:10 AM
im enjoying the site this is my best site thanks to the administrator im alway fun of bangladesh even when they were goru i liked them.

cricket_pagla
February 3, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone my name is "The next super star cricketer"(Well belive it or not)
:down:
:duh:
I am really impresed by this website.......

Edited on, February 3, 2005, 3:31 PM GMT, by cricket_pagla.

cisco-guy
February 3, 2005, 11:18 AM
This website rocks! I joined this wonderful group/forum a month ago but forgot to introduce myself. So here it is:

I did my Masters in Computer Engineering from NorthEastern University, Boston, Massachusetts. I did co-op at NCR Corp., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada for a while and then started my carrier at Nortel and then at IBM as Software Engineer. Currently, I am managing two groups at Cisco Systems, working on architecting and developing Voice over Internet (VoIP) and Wireless Wi-Fi communication networking.

I just love cricket. I played at Azad Boys and Eaglets prior to my departure to USA.

pinch_hitter
February 3, 2005, 08:33 PM
Hello BanglaCricket group. I'm your newest member. Well, I've been following BanglaCricket for about a year now, but signed up only recently.

I think you guys, all of you behind the picture, are doing such a great job providing with info, audio and video feeds, updates, reports and everything. Only a real loyal Tigers fan can be such dedicating. All of you deserve the highest level of compliments and apreciation. Thank you so much.

And about me, I'm a Texas resident, like cricket, and love the Tigers. I play a bit too. I'm a lefty, and my nic says the rest :cool:

I hope (actually I'm sure) I'll have a great time here with you guys.

Faceoff
February 3, 2005, 09:00 PM
welcome pinch_hitter

bengali_boy
February 3, 2005, 10:46 PM
Hi. Sorry, but I really can't tell you my name or location. I enjoy cricket immensely. The Tigers are my favorite team and the New Zealand Kiwis coming in second (no idea why).

savyasachi
February 4, 2005, 01:27 PM
40, Indian, software engineer ( retired ), now part time commodities trader and full time sports fan. Only cricket and football for me, never liked the American sports though I have been living here for the last 12 years. My folks are originally from Bangladesh. My mother completed her schooling in Dinajpur. They left for India after 1947. My paternal grandfather left Comilla in the 1920s. We still have many relatives in both places, though there numbers have been dwindling.

yaseer
February 4, 2005, 01:34 PM
I am Yaseer. 23 years old. Die hard Bangladesh fan. i can give up anything to watch bangladesh play cricket.

I am new in this website.......1 month........and i love this site because i think i am very knowledgeable about cricket and members here are also very knowledgeable like me. thats why i love to chat about BD cricket here.......

Carry on guys.............:flag:

LateCut
February 4, 2005, 01:39 PM
What is the Bangladesh A result for 2nd ODI

Mahir
February 4, 2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by LateCut
What is the Bangladesh A result for 2nd ODI

they won it by 50 odd runs...chek the right forum!

opu_87
February 5, 2005, 12:15 PM
hello guys hw r u?
:bravo:

Ishtylish cricketer
February 5, 2005, 01:56 PM
Hey guys!
My name is Argho (best bangla transliteraton or pronounciation in written form would be Aur-gho) aka Ishtylish cricketer. I live in Scarborough, Ontario in Canada. Like most people in this forum, I too love to watch and play cricket. I play cricket for TriNations soon to be called Abhahani cricket club in the first division of Canadian Commonwealth league. I open batting for my team and keep wickets. I really like this forum because it's really informative. The people here are very friendly and helpful. Lastly, I must salute the administrators for the job they do. You guys definitely rock!

Galib
February 9, 2005, 09:11 PM
Hello I Am Galib,

I read In Mirpur Bangla High School,

And I Live In Pallabi..

And Yeah I LIKE THE BANGLADEHI TIGERS!:flag:

Pundit
February 9, 2005, 11:19 PM
Galib, where in Pallabi do you live at ? Anywhere near the Model school ?

Galib
February 10, 2005, 10:14 AM
Yes I Live near The Pallabi Model School

Dawah
February 16, 2005, 12:41 PM
Assalamu Alikum,

This is my 1st post, but I am not new to this forum :)
Have been visiting here since I found out the site on BBC news.

I was a devout cricketer myself, just quit playing a year back after I figured I am getting too old :lol: (26!) or Lazy!

Well, I am from Bangladesh, a devout Cricketer and a devout Muslim :up: I was a good all-rounder in cricket, I am also a good all-rounder in real life in the sense that I have made a balance between worldly life and Islam.

I will thank the site administrators and mods for putting up great effort in maintaining this site :bravo:

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 5:42 PM GMT, by dawah.tabligh.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 5:43 PM GMT, by dawah.tabligh.

Xavier
February 16, 2005, 01:50 PM
Hello everybody,
I am an italian man who is getting interested in this fascinating game.

As I have no chance to see cricket international matches on any italian tv channels, could you please tell me if there is any site where I can see clips or streaming of cricket game?

Thanks.

Ehsan
February 16, 2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Xavier
As I have no chance to see cricket international matches on any italian tv channels, could you please tell me if there is any site where I can see clips or streaming of cricket game?
Thanks.

We have some clips and matches of Bangladesh playing against other nations. Check out our multimedia section.

couger
February 16, 2005, 03:16 PM
I'm the lizard king, I can do anything.

Edited on, March 8, 2005, 4:59 AM GMT, by couger.

Xavier
February 16, 2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ehsan
Originally posted by Xavier
Thanks.

We have some clips and matches of Bangladesh playing against other nations. Check out our multimedia section.

Thank you ehsan, I will see some of them.
I hope there will be also when Bangladesh will play test match with England (good luck for that!)

James90
February 19, 2005, 04:51 AM
Welcome Xavier and anyone else who joined while I was away

tiger_man
February 19, 2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Habibul_fan
Lets all take this time to get to know each other a little better

I'm a 13 year old student for Brisbane, Australia. I love cricket and play rep. I'm a fast bowling opener and would like to know more about you all
[Edited on 14-10-2003 by Habibul_fan]

all this time i thought you were Bangladeshi....cant believe you are aussie...

how did you end up following Bangladesh cricket and be a habibul fan??

James90
February 19, 2005, 05:25 PM
Surprising that I thought of myself as a fast bowler. I'm just interested in cricket in general and when I joined this forum Habibul was the only decent player. However if I had joined at a date like now it probably would have been Alok_fan or Ashraful_fan or something completely different.

I've always been one to go for the underdogs and I'm not really sure why I'm so passionate about Bangladesh. Maybe it's something spiritual from a previous life, that's the best explaination I can think of

tiger_man
February 19, 2005, 10:13 PM
i too have a weakness for underdogs......which is why my support for bangaldesh is trememdous......firstly coz its my home team and secondly its an underdog team...!!

:rolleyes::flag::flag:

fab
February 24, 2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by tiger_man
hey fab...do watch nrl or follow it??
No. Not my cup of tea.

tiger_man
February 25, 2005, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by fab
hey fab...do watch nrl or follow it??
No. Not my cup of tea. [/quote]

i thought ppl from sunshine state are big rugby fans....

i lived there for a while...ormeau the place was called....before moving out to sydney....

cricman
February 25, 2005, 03:43 AM
im 16 in nyc, saw one math of cricket in bangladesh got hooked when i aw nd in champions trophy well it made me determined to follow bd cricket until we become #1

Tehsin
February 27, 2005, 11:20 AM
cricman - Does this mean you'll leave us once we become number 1 ?

A belated welcome to all the newest members to the board.

opu_87
February 27, 2005, 11:48 AM
i am opu 17 years old mainly from bangladesh sylhet but currently in England left alone doing education. my family in bangladesh but my brother in coming in 6 weeks. :joy:

opu_87
February 27, 2005, 11:49 AM
i love bangladesh cricket team since i was 5

opu_87
February 27, 2005, 11:50 AM
what about u guys

Ehsan
February 27, 2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by tehsin
cricman - Does this mean you'll leave us once we become number 1 ?

Don't worry tehsin bhai, we have 10-15 years left for that. ;)

cricman
February 27, 2005, 02:04 PM
no, ill just visit other country sites and just praise our team, u know too them india fans and NZ and SA

Akib
February 27, 2005, 05:32 PM
Hi people....

I'm a 15 year old student in Canada.

naheyan
March 1, 2005, 12:54 PM
hi....i am Naheyan. i m doin my A level till this june inshallah....
i used to be a great cricket freak, however after i came to saudi arabia i am quite out of touch...my only source of cricket info is the net.....i am currently living in riyadh with my parents........oh yeah,i am 17...

akabir77
March 1, 2005, 01:35 PM
wellcome naheyan

looks like lots of under 17 just like our national team...:lol:

anis73uk
March 1, 2005, 03:35 PM
Hello banglacricket members - over-the-top cricket lovers!
I am 32 yrs old IT professional, living England now. I have been watching cricket since 90’s and keeping eye on BD team from their ICC champions. I enjoyed much the performance of our team last couple of series.

I am browsing banglacricket infrequently last few months and have found an excited site. It is really nice to see your worthy views here. I signed up recently to share with you.

I am also member of BBC MB http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2cluster2/h2.cgi?state=threads&board=tms.southasian, don’t forget to see the aliens view on BD team as well…

I cannot wait to see the Tigers in the coming England tour.

Thanks.

roaring_tiger
March 3, 2005, 12:59 AM
hi banglacricket members,
I am a 28-year-old student, doing PhD in the University of Tokyo, Japan.

I started to watch cricket (on TV) during early 80s, it became a habit for me mostly because of my parents. I always follow bd cricket but during the early days (80s) we did not play much.
Not to qualify for the 1996 world cup was heartbreak for many, I guess from then on the interest for cricket increased a lot in our country.

To freshen myself, I frequently visit this site, at least once a day, as I can't watch any cricket on TV here.

I wish good luck to all and I appreciate everyone's feeling for our cricket/cricketers and our country.

And special thanks to those who maintain this site. :up:

Tyrant
March 3, 2005, 07:50 AM
i am 16 live in saudi .right arm medium fast bowler middle order batsman . i luv music but i dunno who i am

Mr-khan
March 3, 2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Tyrant
i am 16 live in saudi .right arm medium fast bowler middle order batsman . i luv music but i dunno who i am
Our national team needs a middle order batsman.Why dont u apply for that?
BTW wc to Banglacricket.

israr
March 3, 2005, 11:58 AM
Hi, i am ruhaan israr. I am a true:flag:patriot living in Dubai and currently studying in grade 9. I am the anil kumble or murali of my class but in the same time trying to learn the art of doosra and all the other things needed for being a world class bowler. Well, I know the remedy for doosra and the guys in my class are completely surprised by my away going deliveries with the off-spinning action I perform. But to be very honest, I am a complete courtney walsh with the bat. Yes, I am a tailender and need to seriously improve my batting. I am working hard on it and insha' Allah I will improve my position in the batting line-up:lol:

chinaman
March 3, 2005, 12:59 PM
Welcome to banglacricket, israr and Good luck to you. If you like to advance your cricket talent, make sure you have a good coach. Only sky is the limit.

mi01
March 3, 2005, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone, I just registered as a memebr but have been following BC since the West Indies test. Last time I played cricket was back when I was in college ( it'e been 22 years now). I have been living in the US (mostly in Texas) for the last 21 years. All of you have been doing a great job in this forum. The passion for the game is obvious from all of the postings, just glad to be able to join you.

nishyx
March 4, 2005, 09:57 AM
Hi this is NISHYX know as NISHY but now ive changed my name to NISHYX.
I think i dont have 2 introduce me because you all know me very welllllllllll:bravo:

Cric_Obsessed_Dr.
March 4, 2005, 10:04 AM
Hi All! Though I have a few posts already, haven’t really introduced myself yet! I am 28, a Bangladeshi American. I live in the Midwest, and now on a vacation to see my parents in NY. I’m a sports buff. Never played Cricket though, the only closest I got was playing Baseball in school. I got hooked on this game in 92 when I was in Bangladesh. It was the 5th WC in Australia, and Bangladesh TV had broadcasted it all. After watching that exciting tournament, and learning all the hypes of Bangladesh going to the WC, I followed Cricket for 2 years through newspapers, and TV. I knew about the premier league in Dhaka, knew that there were fabulous players like Akram, Lipu, Moni, Nannu, to name a few, who were showing a lot of promises to take Bangladesh to the WC. But, I had to be really disappointed when Bangladesh lost heavily in Kenya in the ICC trophy in 94. I never really followed up on cricket after that.

This January my dad called me one day in the middle of the night to tell me that Bangladesh has won their first Test match. I was surprised realizing Bangladesh has had such improvements in cricket. I started my research on bangladesh cricket on my spare time, and learned Bangladesh has come a long way over these years. The country has produced great talents like Habibul, Rajin, Ashraful, Enamul jr. and many more. I also learned about this Forum, and it didn’t take much time for me to realize how genuine and pure this site and its members are. This site not only provoked an obsession about cricket in me, but it brought me closer to Bangladesh. Thanks a bunch to Bangla Cricket.

Anyways, during my 2 weeks of vacation, I watched 3 games played by Bangladesh-the last two ODIs against Zimbabwe, and WC’99 game against Pakistan. Awesome!!! I also tried to follow Duleep Trophy games. Disappointing, but I think Bangladesh is improving in a great acceleration.

The other thing I believe will improve cricket as a whole is the Twenty20 system. It’s a shorter version that perfectly suits this high paced 21st Century lifestyle. I know Cricket is a traditional game, but to make it popular and more exciting ICC should think about it. It will definitely produce many stronger teams in a short period of time, and the whole world will play/follow it. USA will quickly pick it up like they did with soccer, and the game will not be restricted to a small number of crowds. Bangladesh will do really well in that version as well, as they have good stroke players.

Anyways, it’s a great website, and happy to be a part of it.

Edited on, March 4, 2005, 8:32 PM GMT, by Cric_Obsessed_Dr..
Reason: spelling

israr
March 4, 2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks Chinaman, that was really encouraging:up::).

chinaman
March 4, 2005, 11:20 AM
Dear Cric_Obsessed_Dr.

What a 'kahini' ! Please consider writing few more details of your cricket obsession and we'll publish it as a front page article.

Welcome to banglacricket. We too are glad to have you.

Cric_Obsessed_Dr.
March 4, 2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks chinaman! sure will try...

cricket_pagla_fan
March 4, 2005, 09:24 PM
hello this is galib from bd how r u guyz:fanflag:

Spinner
March 7, 2005, 08:13 AM
I am Iftekhar Alam. I am a BBA student in North South University.
I don't like any particular team but i like individual players.

couger
March 7, 2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by israr
Hi, i am ruhaan israr. I am a true:flag:patriot living in Dubai and currently studying in grade 9. I am the anil kumble or murali of my class but in the same time trying to learn the art of doosra and all the other things needed for being a world class bowler. Well, I know the remedy for doosra and the guys in my class are completely surprised by my away going deliveries with the off-spinning action I perform. But to be very honest, I am a complete courtney walsh with the bat. Yes, I am a tailender and need to seriously improve my batting. I am working hard on it and insha' Allah I will improve my position in the batting line-up:lol:

Israr, very enjoyable post. I sincerely hope you'll become a great spinner one day serve Bangladesh well. Keep parcticing.

couger
March 7, 2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Cric_Obsessed_Dr.
Hi All!
Anyways, it’s a great website, and happy to be a part of it.

Edited on, March 4, 2005, 8:32 PM GMT, by Cric_Obsessed_Dr..
Reason: spelling

Nice post. Welcome to Banglacricket.com. Hope you enjoy your saty.

chyicarus
March 8, 2005, 03:04 PM
well there's nothing secret about the doosra, although it needs for the bowler to bend his arm a fraction more than usual. Instead of using your index and or the middle finger to spin the ball- you use the thumb which basically rotates the ball over the top and as result of the seam position it will spin away instead of coming in!

akabir77
March 8, 2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Spinner
WHat do u mean by don't like particular team??? not even bangladesh team????

Also Welcome to the site...

cricket_pagla_fan
March 10, 2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by akabir77
Originally posted by Spinner
WHat do u mean by don't like particular team??? not even bangladesh team????

Also Welcome to the site...

LOL! DONT WORRY HE SUPPORTS BANGLADESH:E

bourny3
March 10, 2005, 04:05 AM
hello all that are new.

couger
March 10, 2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
hello all that are new.

.........and old.

Hasib
March 14, 2005, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by couger
Originally posted by bourny3
hello all that are new.

.........and old.

And young :lol:

Samir
March 24, 2005, 08:02 PM
I live in NY and it's been almost two years i have seen my motherland. I miss you Bangladesh so much...

I love cricket, its my life. Its very hard to watch any game here. I used to play cricket when i was in BD. I was an all rounder .......

Faceoff
March 24, 2005, 09:57 PM
welcome samir. did u play professional cricket in bd?

Samir
March 25, 2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by faceoff
welcome samir. did u play professional cricket in bd?

Not really, i played couple tournaments for my school...
But, nothing professional...

Faceoff
March 25, 2005, 03:42 PM
Ok. Which school did u go to?

Samir
March 25, 2005, 07:07 PM

Its a private school in Chittagong...

How about you? did you ever play any proff cricket?

cricket_pagla
April 1, 2005, 06:52 AM
Finally I'm goin' 2 talk 'bout me!..
Hi, I'm Saikat.. I'm a right handed opening batsman.. and right arm slow midium pacer... love vice-captaincy!.. hehehehe:D.. if u know more 'bout me... just visit my personal website :embaressed:.. & one more thing i'm a great fan of BD Cricket!. all teams seems faltu 2 me:cool:

Faceoff
April 1, 2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Samir

Not really. I was hoping to play in the nirman but my parents wont allow me as I was told to start preparing for SSC:( Anywayz I am also from chittagong. I did SSC from chittagong govt high school and studied one year in Chittagong College then moved to texas.

Faceoff
April 1, 2005, 10:05 AM

Not really. I was hoping to play in the nirman but my parents wont allow me as I was told to start preparing for SSC:( Anywayz I am also from chittagong. I did SSC from chittagong govt high school and studied one year in Chittagong College then moved to texas.

Ernest
April 1, 2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Habibul_fan
Lets all take this time to get to know each other a little better

I'm a 13 year old student for Brisbane, Australia. I love cricket and play rep. I'm a fast bowling opener and would like to know more about you all

Hi my name is Ernest, or Ern.
I live in England and am a mod with the World-a-team forums, I kinda like this site, so you will be hearing more from me up to, and during the series.
So you are 13, that's cool, wish I was.
I reckon I will be the oldest on this board reading the threads.
Nice to meet, and post with you all.

Edited on, April 1, 2005, 10:20 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: tag placement correction

James90
April 2, 2005, 08:43 AM
Check the date on that post mate :D Nice to meet you too, look forward to seeing more posts from you

Samir
April 2, 2005, 05:07 PM
Not really. I was hoping to play in the nirman but my parents wont allow me as I was told to start preparing for SSC:( Anywayz I am also from chittagong. I did SSC from chittagong govt high school and studied one year in Chittagong College then moved to texas. [/quote]

Well, it is nice to know that u r also from chittagong or chatia. I also wish i could have played more cricket but i had to concentrate more on my studies. Luckily, I came to NY right before the SSC. That is one hell of an exam.

Tehsin
April 3, 2005, 05:22 PM
Samir, Chatia na bhai, it's more like Chatgaiya. :)

Went to St Placids in Chittagong and did my bba (didn't care to finish it, left before the finals were over. I can thank AL 'hartals' for that, eheh) at Commerce College in Agrabad.

So, which private school did you go to ?

couger
April 3, 2005, 09:53 PM
Anybody here went to William Carrie Acadamy in Chittagong?

Faceoff
April 4, 2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by tehsin
Samir, Chatia na bhai, it's more like Chatgaiya. :)

I think samir is right, chatia or chottola are other names of chittagong. Chatgaiya is used to describe the people from chittagong.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by couger
Anybody here went to William Carrie Acadamy in Chittagong?

two of my cousins did...they're in the states now.

btw...here's a 50% chatgaiya - nanar bari; suck at the language though...most of the time i think my nana-nani are fighting only to find out later that they are having a romantic convo...:embaressed:

Samir
April 4, 2005, 04:00 PM
Went to St Placids in Chittagong and did my bba (didn't care to finish it, left before the finals were over. I can thank AL 'hartals' for that, eheh) at Commerce College in Agrabad.

So, which private school did you go to ? [/quote]

it's called JB High School. it's not in the Chittagong city, so u might not have heard of it.

Edited on, April 5, 2005, 2:53 PM GMT, by Samir.

Rabz
April 6, 2005, 03:21 AM
well..hi...

im rabiul..from sydney...
im 23...living in aus for about 4 yrs now..born n breed in dhaka...

doing my bachelors in University of Technology,Sydney.... in international business and electronic busines...

love my cricket, love my country...

i came across to this website not to long ago..and boy..is it a good one ?? all those really-crazy-cricket- fanatics-cum-bangldesh-cricket-supporter-no-matter-what...really made me feel like home...

now im hooked to this website...gotta log in everyday...

thanks to those who created it...

catch yaz all laterz..

:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

Raj Konna
April 7, 2005, 02:55 PM
HI. I am Raj Konna. How are you?

Fazal
April 7, 2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Raj Konna

I am fine Your Highness.

al
April 7, 2005, 03:48 PM
hi raj. welcome aboard

Ovi Khan
April 7, 2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Raj Konna
Afa. Kemon achen ?

Mashkur
April 14, 2005, 10:59 AM
Hello people

I am a bangladeshi living in Canada, first year Uni. Just made sense to make the first post in this topic. Have been following the site for couple of years but was too lazy to register lol but i am on board now. Ok gtg now have an exam in an hour then ekta pahela baishakher ekta onushthan ache so later ppl.

mash
p.s. i am a guy, 18 lol

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2005, 11:04 AM
hey mash,

kool kool...same story dekha jacche...i also made my first post roughly around the same time (maybe a month or two earlier - ref. reg. date) last year...i was around for some time before that but didn't register...and i was also in my first year!

but i didn't have an exam in an hour when i did that :(

welcome aboard!:)

Edited on, April 14, 2005, 4:06 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Reason: typo: not as diverse as the agent, but harmful nonetheless :)

Ashiq
April 15, 2005, 03:56 AM
Hi my name is Ashiq,

I am a Bangladeshi living in Sydney, Australia. I browse this website and forum often and now finally I have registered!

Anyway I created the Bangladesh Military's first fully operational unofficial website and now I am working on a project called UrbanBangladesh.com which is designed to introduce to people the massive investment potential in Bangladesh, current infrastructure development works going on in the nation and things like that.

I hope I can contribute and learn a lot from members here regarding Bangladeshi cricket.

Thanks.

jewell
April 15, 2005, 07:48 AM
assalaamualaikum to everyone

i'm new to this site,just joined today.
i'm twenty years old,i live in london.i'm currently studying as well as working.
apart cricket i'm a huge football fan,my team is newcastle united(born there,can't help it)

zaed
April 16, 2005, 12:22 AM
Hi ma name is ZAED
i am also a fan of cricket......
and eager to be friends to all of ya.....:flag:
at the end love Bangladesh....

Red Cherry
April 16, 2005, 10:47 AM
I am one of the older member....in my early 30s. I live in Hong Kong and working for a multi national. As other member very passionate about Bangladesh. Try to follow Bangladesh cricket wherever I go.

Red Cherry
April 16, 2005, 10:53 AM
Forgot to ask? Anybody living in Hong Kong???

Locutus
April 18, 2005, 01:31 PM
I am Mamun L. Rahman. First year university student at Western... I have been living in Canada for last three years. Huge cricket fan and love seeing my country perform. I am new to this forum. BanglaCricket.com is the best. This forum is AWSOME and the people are great! Thank you!

Mueid
April 18, 2005, 01:56 PM
lots of newcomers. good to see. welcome everyone!!!

tumul
April 19, 2005, 12:20 AM
Hi

I am from texas (originally dhakayya).. Its great to be on this forum.

Ehsan
April 19, 2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by tumul
Hi

Welcome to the forum. I am a Dhakaiya Shokbash! Are you a Shokbash too? :)

Edited on, April 19, 2005, 5:22 AM GMT, by ehsan.

tumul
April 19, 2005, 12:27 AM
Sorry, I didn't get the word 'Shokbash'.:-/

Ehsan
April 19, 2005, 12:29 AM
Well, those are the people who speak Dhakaiya Urdu.

tumul
April 19, 2005, 12:36 AM

I think you are the 'original' Dhakaiya. I am kind of self-proclaimed. I lived in Dhaka for a long time, as my family did. I kind of love Dhaka, and feel it as a city of life. A city which speak to me in my dream. I am out for a very long time. And still wish to go back there some day.

Faceoff
April 19, 2005, 09:44 AM
Tumul,
where in texas?

Mr-khan
April 19, 2005, 10:05 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum. I am a Dhakaiya Shokbash! Are you a Shokbash too? :)

Edited on, April 19, 2005, 5:22 AM GMT, by ehsan.
ehsan,
R u from Old town?If yes then which area?

Ehsan
April 20, 2005, 10:18 AM

I think you are the 'original' Dhakaiya.

That's correct! Nicely put! :)

ononto
April 25, 2005, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Nazmul Huq. A computer science graduate now doing job in Toronto, ON. A true fan of cricket. Use to follow all the BD matchs and try to follow their precedings. Love banglacricket, read the articles of it and participate in the forums. Eagerly waiting for the England tour 2005 which in my opinion would be a turning point of BD cricket after some convincing wins against India and Zimbabwe.

desi_pride
May 7, 2005, 09:08 AM
At first i didn't like cricket that was few month's ago .
I was looking for something in google when i end up here and from there i explored the site and found that cricket was a amazing sport and now i like it it's my second favorite sport after Football

Name: Mohammed Tanvir Rahman
POB : Bangladesh, Sylhet
Stte: Canada, Quebec

Edited on, May 7, 2005, 2:33 PM GMT, by desi_pride.

badcat
May 7, 2005, 10:25 AM
Hi
My name is Mintu and I am from the UK. I work as a Online Broadcast Journalist for the BBC. I love to know more about Bangladesh cricket team as they are currently touring England. We from the BBC will be covering the all the matches on the radio live. May be you guys can tell me who to keep an eye out for? I hope they make an impact during this tour.

badcat
May 7, 2005, 10:30 AM
So, tell us who will be at Heathrow airport to welcome the desi boys?

chinaman
May 7, 2005, 10:35 AM
Welcome to banglacricket, badcat.

About keeping eyes, it is really hard to single out anyone. There is neither a Brian Lara nor a McGrath in the team. But that should not disappoint anyone since it will be the 'total team work' that will make the final impression. Ofcourse, there will be high notes here and there, there will be gritty and brave performance, there might be dominence at times as well too.

By the way, will the live radio broadcast be available online by any chance? Thanks in advance.

Rubu
May 7, 2005, 10:35 AM
welcome to banglacricket mintu.

there was supposed to be a team going to heathrow for reception. we do not know the outcome yet. hope to see some of the pics soon.

Check out this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=11171)

Yes we already know about the radio broadcast. one of our member contacted u guys and posted the detail here somewhere. i'm sure they will come up in details during the game.

Rubu
May 7, 2005, 10:47 AM
cm vai,

Check out this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=11224#pid173246)

mintu

check out this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=11300)

it might give u some idea about who to look for. my personal view would be mashrafee and ashraful.

badcat
May 7, 2005, 11:14 AM
Hi chinaman,
I think we have the right for 15min updates but some of the matches will be ball by ball coverage. I should able to listen to it online and if you miss you - go to bbc radio player and and you will able to listen back to it.
Radio Player: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/asiannet.shtml

Edited on, May 7, 2005, 4:16 PM GMT, by badcat.

ahovey
May 7, 2005, 11:33 PM
go habibul bashar

maty
May 21, 2005, 06:50 PM
hi guys i am maty a south african supporter who now lives in england originally from around pretoria way

first started getting into cricket when i was about 11 when we had a pretty good side in the late 90s my favourite player has always been jonty rhodes

Ernest
May 21, 2005, 10:05 PM
[quote]Originally posted by maty
hi guys i am maty a south african supporter who now lives in england originally from around pretoria way

Hi maty, i also come from England , but born and bred there.
I seem to regognise your username for an English forum, anyway Ii wont be long before we are watching Bangladesh in England, has C4 got the rights I wonder..

If you see this post bdmoderator, it will be good to post with you again.

Cheers everyone not long to go.

maty
May 22, 2005, 12:52 PM
ernest are you world A team?

i am a mod on TMS

also posted a bit on the beeb

i think the first test is on channel 4

Ernest
May 22, 2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by maty
ernest are you world A team?

i am a mod on TMS

also posted a bit on the beeb

i think the first test is on channel 4

Hi maty,
Yes I am a mod on world-a-team, I thought you might be TMS/24
Yes should be a good series, I have not seen a lot of Bangaladesh, so should be interesting, and it seems ages sinse England played cricket.

C4 glad about that

maty
May 22, 2005, 01:18 PM
its good to see all these forums linking together

by the way how many saffers do you have over thier we do seem a bit rare!

Ernest
May 22, 2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by maty
its good to see all these forums linking together

by the way how many saffers do you have over thier we do seem a bit rare!

Not many, we had some when England played SA, but I think we only have one at the moment.

Yes the world is shrinking, I am surprised who I see,but seeing us all post on other forums I think is great, we get to know each other.

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 7:28 PM GMT, by Ernest.

VladMamu
May 31, 2005, 08:17 PM
white guy 33, bengali wife 22,

we are just looking around...

Spitfire_x86
June 2, 2005, 06:12 PM
I hope someday you will find cricket interesting :)

Does your Bengali wife has any interest for cricket?

Ovi Khan
June 6, 2005, 04:05 PM
I live in NY and it's been almost two years i have seen my motherland. I miss you Bangladesh so much...

I love cricket, its my life. Its very hard to watch any game here. I used to play cricket when i was in BD. I was an all rounder .......

Are dosto? Kemon acho? Ami tomar theikka 1 bochorer boro. To amare boro bhaier moto mainno kemon? Tumi ki Manhattane thakoni? Ami Brooklyne thaki. To African American der theikka ekyu dure thaikko kemon? Beche thako baba beche thako. Tumi desher bhobisshot. :);)

pseudo_deshi
June 7, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hi.

Just joined the site today.

From Cardiff in Wales.

May go to watch the Bang v Aus ODI in a few weeks at Sophia Gdns.

ReckmyBack
June 14, 2005, 03:45 PM
Aussie Aussie Aussie .
Aussies are the best .
Go Aussie GO .

bangla tiger
June 19, 2005, 08:20 PM
i am 15 years old. living in NY for the last two years. before that i used to live in Bangladesh and i was born in England.:fanflag:

James90
June 21, 2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by bangla tiger
i am 15 years old. living in NY for the last two years. before that i used to live in Bangladesh and i was born in England.:fanflag:
You're quite the nomad, welcome to the forum

Mahir
June 28, 2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by pseudo_deshi
Hi.

Just joined the site today.

From Cardiff in Wales.

May go to watch the Bang v Aus ODI in a few weeks at Sophia Gdns.

did u actually go there in the end ? You are one lucky fan! :E

VladMamu
June 28, 2005, 03:28 AM
I don't know what to talk about. Maybe someone once to just chat with me, get to know a whiteguy. I'm 33. I came to Canada from Czech Republic when I was 7 years old. I grew up on the West Coast. I was made fun of because of my accent. And back then, the Democracy / Communism split, meant that I was made fun of and called a Communist because my name was Vladimir. Which is a Russian name. I got into many fights in elementary school, and was at the principals office everyday. Now, there are many visible minorities, to take the place of the "Communists" and namely the "Muslims" due to 911 to take the wrath in elementary and highchools, that us "communists" had to take. LIttle condolence was it that we were ESCAPING communism. The little kids with there taunts didn't care about that. I ran a small carpet cleaning business for 13 years, had a few employees. With low start up costs, many immigrants got into this business. Prices dropped, and now I am in University starting my BA next sept. with the eventual goal of being a teacher. I married a Bangladeshi girl, whom came to Canada when she was 11. I myself was 7 years old. My best fiend in highschool was Sukhjinder from India, whom was embarrased of his Sikh parnents, with their massive prayers and odd eccentricities. My other good friend Carl, was from China, (real chinese name i don't know), whom was also taunted for coming from a communistic bloc. Come to think of it, most of my friends were immigrants of one form or another. It makes sense to me than, that I married a Bengali girl, whom has much in common with me growing up in Canada. Anyway care to share about there life elsewhere in the world? I'm interested? We all have a story? Grew up in States? Britain? Living in Dhaka? What was school like?

Edited on, July 7, 2005, 1:04 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: Thread merged.

VladMamu
June 28, 2005, 03:31 AM
Oops screwed up the last sentence. Meant to say: Anybody care to share about their life elsewhere in the world? ...etc.

nahaz
June 28, 2005, 05:18 AM
Hi. I'm Nahaz . I live in Sydney, Australia.
I go to the University of New south Wales., doing Electrical engineering , first year.
I went to Willes Little Flower School in dhaka ( the one Opi, Shujon and I thnk atahar ali khan of the Bd cricket team came from). I m a big optimistic cricket fan and I thnk ash is gonna be one of the big things in cricket in years to come.If anyone's from willes or Sydney and is between 16 to 22 pls let me no.
Go Bangladesh, go Ash.

ruji
June 30, 2005, 05:15 PM
hi everyone, im new here on this site my first time, and im from england im in my early 20s too, suprisingly i have started to become interested in cricket very recently it probably coz my abba and brother have the tv when its on so no one else can watch it! x

ruji
June 30, 2005, 05:17 PM
sorry everyone i should have given my name its ruji. x

Mahir
July 1, 2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by nahaz
I went to Willes Little Flower School in dhaka...If anyone's from willes or Sydney and is between 16 to 22 pls let me no...

oh mercy! Finally someone from willes is here. I opened a thread a while ago to find out if there's anyone from WLFS, but that thread got ZERO response, sadly.

Anyways, nice to meet you. Oh by the way, did I say that I am myself from Willes ? :)

r56hg
July 6, 2005, 07:59 PM
hmm nice place to introduce each other
i am poor guy, didn't find any one from chittagong collegiate school

Immunity
July 9, 2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by James90
Do all Bangladeshis get transferred to Texas?

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by Habibul_fan]

I'm in NYC. Moved here after graduation this past May. Working for a Marketing company here, but trying to make my way into the finance world, so if anybody knows of any openings, let me know...hehehe....aaj kaal abar chance pailai resume pathay dai manshere.
Btw, I'm Sabik. Haven't gone to Bangladesh in almost 3 years and the way things are going, doesn't seem like i'll be making a trip any time soon.

Sami
July 9, 2005, 10:51 AM
oh mercy! Finally someone from willes is here. I opened a thread a while ago to find out if there's anyone from WLFS, but that thread got ZERO response, sadly.

RazabQ is from willes... i think he keeps mentioning that whenever he sees an oppurtunity... :P

Mahir
July 9, 2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Sami

RazabQ is from willes... i think he keeps mentioning that whenever he sees an oppurtunity... :P

yeah i noticed! But he's too old for me to make a friend. :D:P

Carte Blanche
July 10, 2005, 12:26 AM
^^^

Not really, he is a very "cool" boro bhai. Helpful too :)

Nocturnal
July 11, 2005, 02:39 AM
Pasha here from Alberta,Canada.4th yr Univrsity student+Full time working. Die Hard cricket fan of Bangladesh. Moved here in 2003 for schooling and missing cricket adda very much.Finally few months ago found this forum and it's allmost my home page of the browser.
Btw, ,I was coming from Govt.Lab.School+Dhaka College, Anyone here from same school/college?

Mithu
July 14, 2005, 12:37 AM
i wonder where i was these days, nobody even told me about this site :( ..anyway im happy too be here with you guys.. ya'll r really great cricket fan..i wish i was. My respectful cricketers n fans..im mithu [ 22 ] from NY, trying to do my study, Btw im a cricketer too.
Holla everybody :D

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 5:40 AM GMT, by Mithu.

Mahir
July 14, 2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Nocturnal
Finally few months ago found this forum and it's allmost my home page of the browser.

Almost ? :D Tell your cache to bring you right into the forum from now! ;)

tiger_man
July 17, 2005, 06:59 AM

Anyways, nice to meet you. Oh by the way, did I say that I am myself from Willes ? :)

how long ago was that?? my bro went there for 6 months during his A levels that was like 1993-sth like that...

plus i knew some people from there....

tiger_man
July 17, 2005, 07:24 AM
i am 20 year old bagher bachha.....i look like my avatar.....i finished school and ready to cruise through university.....

i support bangladesh cricket team.....bangladesh has the best batsman ashraful, aftab and the best bowler mashrafe and nazmul and ofcourse tapash....togather they will form the right and left hands of bangladesh cricket and rub the smirks of the nasty critics when aftab and ashraful will break the numerous heads watching the game from stadium with the hi pitch sixes....

i have been away from bangladesh for 4 years but havent changed at all one bit.....but it freaks me out when i saw the latest pictures of my friends and dhaka city......felt like i travelled through a time machine....

i am planning to take astrophysics in uni and hope to be a astronaut one day.....i have already started taking flying lessons and have 25 hours of flying experience....
if NASA goes bankrupt i will work for biman.... :drool:

thats all about me.....

Sorry
July 17, 2005, 02:32 PM
post deleted

Fazal
July 18, 2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
when I will become a qualified optometrist, I will give all Bangla cricket members a free online eye test!
:clap: Anything free is great :clap:
However can yu please extend your offer to Dav, Faruque and Co. also. Because even though I think they are not completely blind, sometimes I suspect they see double vision ( similar to double standards) when selecting team members.

akabir77
July 18, 2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by tiger_man
i am 20 year old bagher bachha.....i look like my avatar.....i finished school and ready to cruise through university.....

i support bangladesh cricket team.....bangladesh has the best batsman ashraful, aftab and the best bowler mashrafe and nazmul and ofcourse tapash....togather they will form the right and left hands of bangladesh cricket and rub the smirks of the nasty critics when aftab and ashraful will break the numerous heads watching the game from stadium with the hi pitch sixes....

i have been away from bangladesh for 4 years but havent changed at all one bit.....but it freaks me out when i saw the latest pictures of my friends and dhaka city......felt like i travelled through a time machine....

i am planning to take astrophysics in uni and hope to be a astronaut one day.....i have already started taking flying lessons and have 25 hours of flying experience....
if NASA goes bankrupt i will work for biman.... :drool:

thats all about me.....

Hope u don't fly into any tall building...just kidding...Hopefully you will be the first Bd to be able to explore space, well you might see a Nokhailla over there too..( i am from noakhali):lol:

Edited on, July 18, 2005, 8:03 PM GMT, by akabir77.

July 18, 2005, 11:09 PM
Spent a ridiculous amount of time on my avatar. Comments?

tiger_man
July 20, 2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by akabir77
Hopefully you will be the first Bd to be able to explore space, well you might see a Nokhailla over there too..( i am from noakhali):lol:

bhai...plane theke dekha jayena.....space theke ki dekhmu???

LBW
July 21, 2005, 10:15 PM
i'm doing my HSC this year. live in sydney. i'm a cricket fan since class four i think......... Pakistan was my favourite team before bangladesh started palying world cup................... but don't get to watch a lot of cricket after moving to Australia..................... :( so the net is now my best friend
by the way i'm Subrina

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 3:16 AM GMT, by LBW.
Reason: didn't tell my name

Sorry
July 22, 2005, 08:30 AM
post deleted