Nick: mobeen
Religion: Islam
Country of Origin: Pakistan
Country of Residence: Canada
Aim In life: exposition of Shia beliefs[kufar]
Hobbies: Cricket (represented my college and Zone/medium pacer)& read books
Language: Urdu, Punjabi,English
Marital status: Married
Job: Financial Advisor with a international Bank.

Zunaid
July 22, 2005, 11:59 AM
Mobeen, welcome to BC.

mod.action

I urge you to read forum guidelines before you make any further posts.

This site is not for the propagation of any agenday you might have.

mobeen
July 22, 2005, 08:27 PM
^ I have no agenda as persay, I read few threads regarding shia beliefs on your board and just presented my input on the same cause.
I do not disrespect any one, I did not use condesending language, neither did I make up the content of my article, I just quoted directly from shia source what their beliefs are and provieded the link to the same source.
This is in accordance with the rules of you site, if you be precise enough to point out the rules that I hae violated inshallah in future I will avoid such infractions.

Zunaid
July 22, 2005, 09:44 PM
Mobeen - then you are most welcome. Join us and enjoy the roller coaster ride of Bangladesh cricket fans.

mobeen
July 27, 2005, 01:20 AM
Jazzakallah Khair

You still have not posted the rules that I have violated, Inshallah I will definately be part of the debate on cricket. Still want to know where I went wrong.

RazabQ
July 27, 2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Originally posted by Sami
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
oh mercy! Finally someone from willes is here. I opened a thread a while ago to find out if there's anyone from WLFS, but that thread got ZERO response, sadly.

RazabQ is from willes... i think he keeps mentioning that whenever he sees an oppurtunity... :P

yeah i noticed! But he's too old for me to make a friend. :D:P

eh? amra buira bole ki amader shaad ahlaad hoy na? :) Perhaps you are closer in batch to my younger brother, Arafat?

I was actually pretty chummy with my juniors Willesies. After all most of us went thru experiences with Sweetie Miss, Alam Sir, Khurshid Jahan, Dilip Kumar, Amino Islam et al. Ah those were the days - bunking classes to go play cricket on the concrete runway. I used to practice with Opee and gang.

Zunaid
July 27, 2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by mobeen
Jazzakallah Khair

You still have not posted the rules that I have violated, Inshallah I will definately be part of the debate on cricket. Still want to know where I went wrong.

Your topic was potentially controversial, taking into account the title you had given to your post - these kind of topics have a tendency to degrade very fast. Also do read A.3.1. But as we get to know you - degree of laxness can go both ways. :)

RazabQ
July 27, 2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
^^^

Not really, he is a very "cool" boro bhai. Helpful too :)

Aww shucks! :)

Mahir
July 30, 2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by RazabQ
eh? amra buira bole ki amader shaad ahlaad hoy na?

apni nijekei jodi nije buira mone koren, tahole amader aar ki bolar! I thought u would say something like start bragging about how young you look, etc etc!

Originally posted by RazabQ
:) Perhaps you are closer in batch to my younger brother, Arafat?

Arafat ? Oh there was one Arafat in my class... precisely, right from Nursery to P-6. Arafat bin Shahid (Anik) you talking of ? Man... after coming here, never got to stay in touch with the guys! :(:(

rafiq
July 31, 2005, 11:26 PM

Not sure what "exposition of Shia beliefs" really means but if it is to "expose" Shia beliefs and if that is your aim in life, then it seems your life is pretty sad and empty. Were you signing up for some mujaheddin training camp in your country, perhaps that would have been an appropriate and welcome introduction. But being that you are in a Bangladeshi cricket website, that is a distasteful and arrogant remark to make. You are not welcome, I'm afraid.

anthrax
August 8, 2005, 05:19 AM
Hi , I m Arif............became an adult last january (i turned 18) ............. AND after that i started thinking manly thoughts and started debating in a cricketing site devoted completely to cricket .(banglacricket.com)..:lol:

i m a student of mechanical electronical systems engineering at Glasgow Caledonian university.... had alwayz an ambition to manufacture bangladesh's first automobile.......(hey ,i was just kidding.....that was only an ambition)......

I m a die hard fan of b'desh team and arsenal.......and i could talk hours and hours and hours about our cricket team.....that my indian and pakistani friends at times get pissed off.......

khuda hafiz :fanflag:

Edited on, August 9, 2005, 3:05 PM GMT, by anthrax.

lk
August 8, 2005, 08:31 PM
Just saying hello. Pretty nice site.

lk

Carte Blanche
August 8, 2005, 10:43 PM
lk

Very interesting screen name

Tigers_eye
August 11, 2005, 04:18 PM
Hmm! Where shall I start....

married with children ... meaning buirader bap. but still kid in heart. Livin in Arkansas for the last "juug". before that in Iowa (studied there) Love sports..

Great website. wished had found earlier.

Banglatiger84
August 12, 2005, 05:32 AM
Pretty late time to introduce myself given that I joined 2 years back, but here goes!

I am a 23 year old Bangladeshi living in the UAE. :fanflag:

Its in the UAE (in the middle east) that I was born and where I am currently working.

I am also a UT Austin graduate in elec. engineering , (graduated in 2003), wonder whether there are any other longhorns out here? :lol:

VladMamu
August 18, 2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by rafiq

Not sure what "exposition of Shia beliefs" really means but if it is to "expose" Shia beliefs and if that is your aim in life, then it seems your life is pretty sad and empty. Were you signing up for some mujaheddin training camp in your country, perhaps that would have been an appropriate and welcome introduction. But being that you are in a Bangladeshi cricket website, that is a distasteful and arrogant remark to make. You are not welcome, I'm afraid.

Good call. How does someone get an "aim in life" like that?@#$%^&*(7

I hope his boss at his bank turns out to be a Shia and fires his arse for being racist. (to discuss it.......but to have it your main aim in life?^&*)

imtiaz82
August 19, 2005, 01:20 AM

Good call. How does someone get an "aim in life" like that?@#$%^&*(7

I hope his boss at his bank turns out to be a Shia and fires his arse for being racist. (to discuss it.......but to have it your main aim in life?^&*)

Most sunni scholars think the same way about shias.there is nothing wrong in exposing something that is fabricated.

I do not want to start a debate on shia and sunnism, but as outr prophet (pbuh) said " And the worst of affairs are newly invented matters, and every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance is in the fire of Hell" This is a translation of part of " Khutbat al Haajah" which the Prophet(pbuh) would give whenever he would start a speech.

Many of the things followed by shias is clearly against the teachings of prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and some goes to the extent of shirk.There are lot of scholar who has dedicated their lives for this, to preserve the message of Quran and sunnah and point out the wrongs. This doesn't make them terrorist or racist.

But this should be done with the pure intention of putting up the truth and not just refuting a different point of view.

Edited on, August 20, 2005, 8:29 AM GMT, by nayeem007.

Dawah
August 19, 2005, 01:40 AM
We could discuss shiaism on the old banglacricket thread of
Difference between Islam and Shi'ism (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=11942) rather than making this "Introduce Yourself" thread totally off topic.

BanCricFan
August 22, 2005, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone,
Born in beautiful Sylhet and raised in funky/cosmopolitan London. Had a mixed ( anglo-bangla) education, have studied Economics with Philosophy(!) but became fascinated by Islam- the primordial "way of life" for Man! This led me to study the Arabic language and Islamic sciences in Bangladesh, England, Syria and the land of "promise" U.S!

Previously, I have taught Arabic language and basic Islamic sciences, although, I know a very little of Islam and continue to struggle (jahada-iajhadu - jihad) to become a better muslim ( I dont say this just out of humility)! Currently, I'm working for Amnesty International in Norway.

Favourite books : The Book of Allah: Qur'an (Koran),
Muhammad: his life story based on earlier sources, Shakespeare in the light of sacred art, The technological society, Ehya uloom-ud-deen (the revival of sacred knowledge).

Authors: Ghazzali, Martin Lings, Rene Guenon, Thomas Arnold, Said Hossain Nasr, Shakespeare, Tolstoy, Ramadan al-Buti.

Poets: Rumi, Mutanabbi, Shakespeare, Wordsworth,Tagore and Nazrul Islam.

Quote: " The most Merciful ( Allah/God) shows mercy towards those who are merciful. Show mercy to those who lives in this earth and the One who is in Heaven will show mercy to you"! - Muhammed ( peace and blessings upon him).

Other interests: organic farming, alternative medicine, handcrafts, travelling, languages and sufi, jazz and world music esp. folk music (except German folk :lol:).

Fav Bangladeshi cricketers: Khaled Masud, Mashrafi. Ashraful, Aftab and Kapali(!).

Fav World cricketers: Wasim Akram, Tendulkar, Saeed Anwar, Dravid, Lara, Viv Richards, Inzamam, Murali, Waugh bros, Gilchrist, Ponting, Mcgrath, Waqar, Kapil Dev and Imran Khan.

Peace!

BanCricFan
August 22, 2005, 08:17 AM
^^^
BTW, I'm in my early 30s and still single!! Any help out there??! :lol:

Navarene
August 22, 2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by BanCricFan
Other interests: organic farming,
Interesting indeed. Since your interest goes for organic farming/agriculture, I'd like you to check out the link below:
http://membres.lycos.fr/ubinig/naya/index.html

In Bangladesh, there are now movements for alternatives in agriculture. One such example is the NayaKrishi Andolan (New Agricultural Movement) and this movement is against "beesh", which in Bangla means poison, an apt term for pesticides.

Over 100,000 farming families are part of the Bangladeshi Nayakrishi Andolan or 'New Agriculture Movement'. They have set up seed banks that they call 'community seed wealth centres' of traditional varieties, and by engaging in seed swapping, bypass commercial seed entirely. This maintains not only their own self-reliance, but the biodiversity of the world's agricultural resources -- they have over one thousand varieties of rice and 37 vegetable varieties. Interesting, yeah?

p.s. sorry for the off topic :(

ejaj_a
August 22, 2005, 10:17 AM
Well I know i'm bit too late to introduce myself but again i found it interesting to know abt other guy's here and thought wudnt be a bad idea write a bit abt me too. I am within a touching distance from being 29 and probably among one of the few "boro bhi" in this site...LOL. When I came in London I was studied BBA and after completing I changed my path and thought why not give a try on learning bit of computing. So, I started studying Under Graduate and about to finish my final year in computing. I am a keen follower of cricket and used to play regularly as one down batsman and slow medium bowlers while I was back home. Others sports I like is badminton and football(English premier league - Arsenal is my fav team). My fav player is Pilot at home and Wasim Akram in abroad. I believe we wudnt see another Akram in our life time. In my opinion he is an undisputed king of the fast bowling. By the way, if any body from london wanna fancy to play cricket ocassionally please feel free to contact with me.

Edited on, August 22, 2005, 3:23 PM GMT, by ejaj_a.

BanCricFan
August 23, 2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Navarene
Originally posted by BanCricFan
Other interests: organic farming,
Interesting indeed. Since your interest goes for organic farming/agriculture, I'd like you to check out the link below:
http://membres.lycos.fr/ubinig/naya/index.html

Refreshing news, indeed!! Thanks, Navarene, for sharing this uplifting bit of information about such a noble and much needed project. I was aware of some organic/eco-boilogical "Andolon" in Bangladesh but never have thought that it could be so wholistic and profund!

Its so refreshing to know that they have recognised and considered the art of agriculture not just as an isolated but rather an integral part of a "back to nature" and spiritually enriched "way of life"!

Are you involved with this " Andolon" in any way or form??

Edited on, August 23, 2005, 9:49 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.

Tehsin
August 27, 2005, 10:06 PM
A belated welcome to all the new members. Bene slacking off a a lot lately but with the series upon us, had to come in and check on this thread (and others).

Cats_eye, took you this long to find this site ? The site was born out of a local ISP in Arkadelphia, AR by yours truly almost 8 years ago. It used to be www.iocc.com/~salient/cricket/. Have come a long long way since those days. :)

Where in Arkansas ?

Hatebreed
September 5, 2005, 12:30 AM
I'm Shishir. I'm 18 years old, living in London.. about to start BSc in Internet Computing @ Goldsmiths College.

I'm a web developer, computer geek and a serious medal of honor freak. I love heavy metal/hardcore music, gaming, cricket, football, badminton and snooker. I also play drums... umm what else.. I love Bangladesh.

:)

bombayrocks
September 13, 2005, 12:42 PM
hey guyz!!
i m 16/m/from bombay india!
i live at marine lines (bombay)
i m here 2 make friends n 2 spread the spirit of game i have!

**peace is wot i spread n peace is wot i preach!**

Flintoff05
September 16, 2005, 08:06 AM
(moderated)

Edited on, September 16, 2005, 1:35 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: mod.action- warning-stop foul lang.

choolwa abir
September 17, 2005, 08:15 AM
Hi there i am 'CHOOLWA ABIR'. I am 25, male and from the UK. I have followed Bangladesh cricket since the 99 world cup. I am very dissappointed about the way our cricket is being played at the moment. I am an amateur cricketer at the moment i bowl right arm medium pace mainly and I can also occupy the crease with my batting but im nothing special. I tend to get annoyed when i see our boys playing the way they are and it hurts and sometimes i feel like putting on a bangladeshi shirt and going out there and bowling the oppossition out for a paltry score.Personally I have a target to someday play for our national team and hopefully take us forward. I will be working hard on my cricket now and INSHALLAH just maybe i'll get my chance.

Edited on, December 8, 2005, 2:48 PM GMT, by choolwa abir.

chinawoman
September 21, 2005, 04:03 PM
hi this is chinawoman from bangladesh but lives in UK..
im 18 studying at university...
nice to meet you all:fanflag:

Fazal
September 21, 2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by chinawoman

Are you anyway related to Chinaman? Just wondering...

chinawoman
September 21, 2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Originally posted by chinawoman

Are you anyway related to Chinaman? Just wondering...

nop no no no way man..
i dont know who chinaman is

Rubu
September 21, 2005, 05:12 PM
You know very well, who chinaman is nishy.

Tehsin
September 21, 2005, 11:17 PM
Rubu, :)

AsifTheManRahman
September 22, 2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Rubu
You know very well, who chinaman is nishy.

oh! accha...

BangladeshFan
October 8, 2005, 06:54 PM
i m 28, ssc from govt lab, hsc from dhaka college, b.sc. from buet and m.sc. from unifreiburg, germany. currently working in uk.

i think myself as a good batsman even though havent played for a long time. was a skiddy medium pacer. my defence is very strong it is hard to dismiss me:P

Tehsin
October 11, 2005, 02:11 AM
BangladeshFan .. I'll buy you a BC shirt and hat if you promise to go to BD and train our lads how to defend teir wickets. Now, if you fail, I want the shirt and the cap back, Deal ?

Choolwa Abir - Keep on practicing, we can use all the help we can get. :)

joseph_stalin
November 4, 2005, 11:51 PM
hello folks

i am from sydney, lol, tiger_man's brother.

i am a hardline communist as you can see from my name and idolise stalin because he is the best leader world has ever had.

honestly i think if we had stalin as the leader of bangladesh, our country would "shida hoye jabe" within days.

this is why i sometimes get in odds with my brother because as he thinks australia's john howard is the best leader.

well, nice to be here.

AsifTheManRahman
November 5, 2005, 04:27 PM
funny, funny. i too think that a few years of communism would do wonders for us; and i too think that john howard's not all that great...hehe

zahid
November 7, 2005, 01:23 PM
Hi,

Introduce kortey deri hoye gelo.

LOL.

::cool: This is Zahid ( like u guys don't know me, lol!)

Ar ami tomader mama @ banglacricket.

20, live in Essex, UK.

Doing my 2nd year of BSc Softwrae Engineering @ University of Westminster in London .

And used to be in BD 3 years back for my O-levels and A-levels.

:fanflag:

Edited on, November 7, 2005, 6:24 PM GMT, by zahid.

Sorry
November 7, 2005, 01:32 PM
etho din pore mamu re chinthe parlam.
btw, keep your eyes away from essex birds.

Tehsin
November 7, 2005, 08:26 PM
20 and mama ? tahole to us 30+ year olds are ready to be NANA's.

sanket.no.1
December 3, 2005, 12:37 PM
hi ,

i m sanket from mumbai , india.

hope , i wont feel alone hen there is ind. vs. bangldesh match. :)

i support good cricket and i m here for making friends.

imtiaz82
December 3, 2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sanket.no.1
hi ,

i m sanket from mumbai , india.

hope , i wont feel alone hen there is ind. vs. bangldesh match. :)

i support good cricket and i m here for making friends.

Welcome to BC :) Can't wait for the Bangladesh-India series...

Baundule
December 8, 2005, 09:32 AM
I can't remember if I ever visited this thread though I am already a One-Day Cricketer :)

I am 28, did bsc from buet and msc from uni-stuttgart, germany and now busy with doing more boring stuff, I mean PhD.

A passionate cricket-lover. Big fan of Lara and Shoaib.
As cricketer, a very good bowler, (probably better than any pacer in BD team except Mashrafee;)), an inconsistent batsman (because of being too attacking) and an excellent fielder (as a friend, I would never encourage you to go for a quick single when I am fielding at point:))

Mutasim
December 11, 2005, 08:53 PM
hey guys...my names mutasim...ima cousin of asif. Newayz he told me about this website. i live in toronto, ontario. used to live in abu dhabi, UAE before coming here and used to live in homw sweet hom (bangladesh) where i was born. newayz... not much to say about me..i cant play cricket really well like the rest of you but still giving it a shot. I hope to stay and hopefully get to learn a lot more about cricket from this site :flag:

Edited on, December 12, 2005, 1:54 AM GMT, by Mutasim.

GuruTM
December 11, 2005, 09:05 PM
Are you AsifTheManRahman's cousin Mutasim?

AsifTheManRahman
December 11, 2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by TeamManager

doesn't sound anywhere near as "kewl" as me, does he? ;)

now that i come to think of it, my own intro on this thread (back in the days) was pretty gay as well. :)

Banglatiger84
December 13, 2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Mutasim
hey guys...my names mutasim...ima cousin of asif. Newayz he told me about this website. i live in toronto, ontario. used to live in abu dhabi, UAE before coming here and used to live in homw sweet hom (bangladesh) where i was born. newayz... not much to say about me..i cant play cricket really well like the rest of you but still giving it a shot. I hope to stay and hopefully get to learn a lot more about cricket from this site :flag:

Good to have another guy from abu dhabi!

Whcih school did you go to ?

Mutasim
December 15, 2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

doesn't sound anywhere near as "kewl" as me, does he? ;)

now that i come to think of it, my own intro on this thread (back in the days) was pretty gay as well. :)

ki?...amare gay daktoso?...aasho basai..hehehe

Mutasim
December 15, 2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Banglatiger84

i went to Sherwood Academy...where did u go?

Pundit
December 15, 2005, 09:52 PM
"i am a hardline communist as you can see from my name and idolise stalin because he is the best leader world has ever had."

joseph_stalin, I think you and I will get along very well.

Zunaid
December 15, 2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Pundit

Heh.

It's like saying O'Reilly and Al Franken will be boosom buddies.

Edited on, December 16, 2005, 4:42 AM GMT, by Zunaid.
Reason: my usual tpoyoes

Orpheus
December 16, 2005, 12:03 AM
which one is Pundit....? Al?
If we were to name leaders with our members... I put Zunaid as Gandhi but cocky.... not so humble though!!

Zunaid
December 16, 2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Orpheus
which one is Pundit....? Al?
If we were to name leaders with our members... I put Zunaid as Gandhi but cocky.... not so humble though!!

As I used to say. I am not great enough to be humble. Gandhi? Nooooooooo. Too liberal. ;-)

I have come to realize this one thing living in Califronia for the past 3 1/2 years. I am too liberal for CA. Either that, or I am growing older faster than I want to. Like Pundit. ;-)

Banglatiger84
December 16, 2005, 09:37 AM

Islamia English. Almost all my high school buddies came to islamia via sherwood.
And are the sherwood stories scary!
Mrs. John still appears in my friends' nightmares :D

Sorry
December 16, 2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Pundit
"i am a hardline communist as you can see from my name and idolise stalin because he is the best leader world has ever had."

One day the civilization in the Earth will come to an end, everything will be destroyed except telapoka - cant remember who said that.

But I know now who will survive.

Edited on, December 17, 2005, 12:52 AM GMT, by Sorry.

Mutasim
December 18, 2005, 02:45 AM

Islamia English. Almost all my high school buddies came to islamia via sherwood.
And are the sherwood stories scary!
Mrs. John still appears in my friends' nightmares :D

LOL...ye...sumtimes she made life hell for ur...newyaz..who r the people from sherwood thst u know?

Edited on, December 18, 2005, 7:46 AM GMT, by Mutasim.

Ehsan
December 18, 2005, 06:29 AM
Nice, nice...hail the UAE people. :) Welcome abroad Mustasim. I come from Dubai, you are new might not know it, checkout the tallest building thread. :) So, you are in toronto now eh. What do you do? High School? Uni?

Edited on, December 18, 2005, 11:30 AM GMT, by Ehsan.

Mutasim
December 20, 2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ehsan
Nice, nice...hail the UAE people. :) Welcome abroad Mutasim. I come from Dubai, you are new might not know it, checkout the tallest building thread. :) So, you are in toronto now eh. What do you do? High School? Uni?

Edited on, December 18, 2005, 11:30 AM GMT, by Ehsan.

hey ehsan..so ur from dubai huh..lol..the land of expensive cars and beautiful buildings..:)....and i go to rh king academy (H.S)..

fjahan
December 20, 2005, 05:10 PM
Hi guies, this is fahmid (22yrs) and I have been logging on this fab, website for last couple of years but always had problem registerng.....but finally i have managed to register with a new email. I am based in London, a british bengali who have represented Essex u15s and 17s. Currently play for 2 clubs, Leyton county in Essex and Vallance cc based in Tower hamlets as a opener. I am also qualified level 2 coach who work with v-cc juniors. I must say i have seen many interesting topics and views on this site. Any way i will have to get used to using this site.........

Edited on, December 20, 2005, 10:54 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.action:Thread merged.

shovon13
December 20, 2005, 05:17 PM
awesome! welcome aboard.

pagol-chagol
December 20, 2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by fjahan
Hi guies, this is fahmid (22yrs) and I have been logging on this fab, website for last couple of years but always had problem registerng.....but finally i have managed to register with a new email. I am based in London, a british bengali who have represented Essex u15s and 17s. Currently play for 2 clubs, Leyton county in Essex and Vallance cc based in Tower hamlets as a opener. I am also qualified level 2 coach who work with v-cc juniors. I must say i have seen many interesting topics and views on this site. Any way i will have to get used to using this site.........

Welcome. Hope you will post regularly.

Tigers_eye
December 20, 2005, 05:29 PM
Wecome to BanglaCricket Fahmid Jahan. Hope you enjoy more on posting than what you have been doing for the last couple of years (reading).

reverse_swing
December 20, 2005, 05:34 PM
Welcome to our Bangalcricket fjahan.I hope you will have a good time here :)

There's a separate thread entitled "Introduce Yourself (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=7991)" that you can use to announce your arrival as a new member.I will merge both threads later.

shaoun
December 20, 2005, 05:36 PM
welcome to banglacricket.

BagherBachaBD
December 20, 2005, 05:41 PM
welcome to banglacricket. enjoy ur stay here.

:fanflag:

fjahan
December 20, 2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks guies, I cant wait to share my views on very interesting topics......thanks again!!

Mutasim
December 21, 2005, 11:19 PM
welcome fjahan..:):)

auto_freak
December 23, 2005, 09:26 PM
hey guys,

this is auto_freak a.k.a Tauhid. My pal, mutasim referred me this site and so i joined to be updated about the deshi cricket scene. Anyways I run an automotive site www.bdcarz.com as an admin.

I am a good batsman, I own a GM Superstar cricket bat along with all my cricket needs. I used to play for CCS in Dhanmondi in Abahani field. I support bd national team and also a pakistan supporter. I am 17, in grade 12, studying in toronto. Getting into univ next year. I drive a 2003 Suped up Honda Accord. I like this site and I'll be regular here.

Thanks,
Tauhid.

Edited on, December 24, 2005, 2:41 AM GMT, by auto_freak.

AsifTheManRahman
December 23, 2005, 10:35 PM
auto freak, eh? does that mean you freak out without a reason? nice, nice. i get auto-drunk if i'm at the labs after 12 at night.

Mutasim
December 23, 2005, 10:54 PM
auto freak, eh? does that mean you freak out without a reason? nice, nice. i get auto-drunk if i'm at the labs after 12 at night.

no no...you got it all wrong..he means by auto freak is that he's crazy about cars. He is into cars very much like myself. That's what he means by AUTO = AUTOMOBILES

auto_freak
December 23, 2005, 10:57 PM
lol asif u din understand this ?

GuruTM
December 23, 2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks guies, I cant wait to share my views on very interesting topics......thanks again!!

GUI - Graphical User Interface. So we are a bunch of GUI's. LOL.

Tehsin
December 25, 2005, 05:24 PM
Asif, looks like the auto freaks didn't get your little joke. :)

All the new members, welcome to Banglacricket. Hopefully we'll see you guys more on the cricket forum then the forget cricket forum.

abdulw11
December 27, 2005, 10:23 AM
Hi, my name is Abdul, i live in London and love cricket. My best moment was when BD defeated Australia in Cardiff. The press and media went crazy over here with BD making BREAKING NEWS on many news channels.

I also like football and have recently set up a website tracking the BD national side. Please take a look at www.bangladeshfootball.tk. :)

VladMamu
December 27, 2005, 01:20 PM

GUI - Graphical User Interface. So we are a bunch of GUI's. LOL.

hahahahah Good one!

Welcome fellow Canadians!

Tigers_eye
December 27, 2005, 02:57 PM
All freaks!!! Starting from Tehsin to the very last member. Except me :)

Cricket freaks!!! Crazy imotional cricket freaks!!!

Mahir
December 30, 2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
All freaks!!! Starting from Tehsin to the very last member. Except me :)

you gotta be a freak of some sort... so you get freaked out when you see the eyes of a cat ? how bout a black cat ? oh wait, you might get freaked out when you enter the store called "catseye" in dhaka!

Tigers_eye
December 30, 2005, 01:10 PM
Hahaha!!! Can call me ex-basketball freak. Freakiness went out the window when MJ retired for good.

I didn't know (when I created my ID) there was store in BD by the name 'Catseye'. Eye of the tiger (tiger BD cricket symbol) was my first choice but that is more attached to the song than cricket and too long. So figured tigers are cats and for this forum I could be their eye looking after their progess.

Mahir
January 1, 2006, 10:13 AM
catseye... the popular store in dhaka where u'd find quality shirts ! thats how i remember catseye.. did some shopping from there too once!

anyways... thanks for sharing the insights on your nickname on this forum, cats_eye.

Mahir
January 1, 2006, 11:17 AM
oh by the way : Today, as I welcome 2006 on the year's first day, I recognize this day marking the first-year anniversary of my BC membership! Happy 1 year to MasterBlaster's existence! :)

James90
January 1, 2006, 07:51 PM
I registered here on 12-8-2002 despite what my registration date would have you believe.

lk85
January 6, 2006, 09:23 AM
gorgeeous site. abs luv it .:bravo:
lenny here:)

Matches Malone
January 16, 2006, 06:59 PM
Hi people. New here. Not a bad site.not a bangladeshi but a cricket lover like all of u.

James90
January 16, 2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Matches Malone
Hi people. New here. Not a bad site.not a bangladeshi but a cricket lover like all of u.
Onya Matches. Check out the "International Cricket" forum and enjoy your stay.

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
Hi Everyone,
am 27, hold a couple of graduate degrees in engineering and sciences from the US. Originally, from India, living in the US for the past 10 yrs
Currently working ...
Well thats abt it

VladMamu
February 1, 2006, 05:26 AM
Welcome to the gang coffee! I'll see you in FC.

Aurangzeb
February 8, 2006, 03:06 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new here and although i'm a pak fan, i'd like to take part on this forum and get to know everyone...congrats on beating pak u/19's!...

imtiaz82
February 8, 2006, 03:45 PM
Welcome Aurangzeb, good to see people from other countries joining this forum. Looks like Bangladesh cricket is really growing fast :)

Nasif
February 8, 2006, 03:52 PM
Welcome Aurangzeb. Enjoy the cricket here.

Fazal
February 8, 2006, 05:39 PM
Welcome Aurangzeb. Stay away from the quick-sand 'Forget Cricket' section at begining, and you will be fine.

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 10:40 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Umar
February 10, 2006, 08:40 PM
This Thread is nice.....Dude!:cool:

zoraxdoom
March 1, 2006, 12:43 PM
Hello. I prefer to be called Zorax.
I've come here via www.planetcricket.com
An Indian born in Honk Kong and living in UAE. A big supporter and believer in Bangladesh cricket. Strongly feel that they are the WC 2011 champs.
I also support Zimbabwe and most other minnows, but Bangla is my fav.

Mohiul
March 3, 2006, 07:56 AM
I'm very late to introduce me14pink

I'm 28 years old, living in London to be a Balestor since sept. 2003, great fan of cricket, would like to watch/follow each & every match played by BD, kinda guy of eat/drink/sleep cricket.

BappyHayat
March 6, 2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by James90
Lets all take this time to get to know each other a little better

I'm a 13 year old student for Brisbane, Australia. I love cricket and play rep. I'm a fast bowling opener and would like to know more about you all

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by Habibul_fan]

Hei James...where about in Brisbane? How about sunday cricket matches? I'm also from Brisbane...good to see you

Donny
March 24, 2006, 12:01 AM
Ah, here it is. :)

I'm Donny, owner/admin of AussieCricket.net

I have followed international Test cricket since 1959 and played till 2002, when I retired. I now 'play' all my cricket on the net.

Glad to have found a good Bangladesh cricket site as I've always been interested in the progress of the newest Test nation.

With the upcoming series of Tests and ODIs - Bang. v. Oz - I joined BanglaCricket and will encourage my members to do so as well so we can share our thoughts on these matches and the great game in general.

Please feel free to message me or add me to Yahoo or MSN messenger for a cricket chat, anytime.

Bancan
March 25, 2006, 05:32 PM
Wats up guys. this is from Canada. glad to be here. i always visited this site, finally i registered. glad to be here

Edited on, March 25, 2006, 10:48 PM GMT, by Bancan.

Nasif
March 25, 2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome guys. Enjoy your stay :)

Afridi2Belfast
March 26, 2006, 06:33 PM
Hi
I am Gary from Belfast
Ireland fan
Love SRT, spin bowling
Thinking of reverting to Islam inshaALLAH

I always liked BD's passion and penchant for spin bowlers but I got really interested through my Sylheti friend Lukman.

feel free to add me on msn.

reinausagi
March 26, 2006, 07:43 PM

So, you were Muslim once before?

minhajul1
March 27, 2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Afridi2Belfast
Hi
I am Gary from Belfast
Ireland fan
Love SRT, spin bowling

I always liked BD's passion and penchant for spin bowlers but I got really interested through my Sylheti friend Lukman.

feel free to add me on msn.
Mashallah. Nice to know that u r going to revert.
Oh by the way.
I am Minhajul Abedin Azad (Akib)
Living in United States, actually from Bangladesh
Have been living in U.S. for 3 and half years.
Love Cricket And soccer
Assalamualaikum

Edited on, March 28, 2006, 12:54 AM GMT, by minhajul1.

nayef
March 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
Nayef
Doing Comp. Eng. (yea the usual) coop program at Waterloo.
Currently on work term with one of the Big 3.. thus enough time to kill at work ;)
Lived in BD for most of my life before coming here for undergrad... with the odd dose of travelling which seems to be my hobby and favorite past-time.

Cricket watcher/follower/player since 1992 world cup. Havent quit casual playing after coming here too... find the nooks and cranny's on campus.. and u'll c me and my buddies playing cricket!

Miraz
March 30, 2006, 06:33 AM
I have just found the thread and has gone through all 25 pages to find about the fellow fans (for the last one and half hour). Its quite intersting. Lot of them are younger than I expected, It seems that they have got a lot maturity at their early age.:great:

Very diverse professionals are here but may be I am adding a new profession in this nice site which I came to know through BBC news. I am quite unlucky that I found it so late ( missed at least four years).

I am Khondaker Mirazur Rahman.

I am an Assistant Professor of Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka. Ex Dhaka College.

Currently I am staying in London and doing my PhD in Gene Targeted Anticancer Drug Design with Cancer Research UK (probably I am the first Bangladeshi to do PhD with them according to their record). Cancer Research UK is the leading research organization in anticancer field in Europe. I am placed in the CRUK Gene Targeted Drug Design Research Group at School of Pharmacy, University of London.

I am 31 and is proud father of a lovely son (age 4, has got the same name as our webmaster, Nasif) and even more lovely daughter (age 1 year).

I am a passionate cricket fan. Played cricket in Nirman School, In 1st div league, in University (I was captain of faculty cricket team for two years) and still playing for the faculty after joining as a faculty member. I am following BD cricket since 1990.

I am really happy to be here. I am very much optimistic by nature and really beleives in the strength of BD cricket.

Edited on, March 30, 2006, 11:56 AM GMT, by Miraz.

AsifTheManRahman
March 30, 2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by nayef
find the nooks and cranny's on campus.. and u'll c me and my buddies playing cricket!

heh. talk about the "futas" in the "chaads" of the basement hallways :)

nayef
March 30, 2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by nayef
find the nooks and cranny's on campus.. and u'll c me and my buddies playing cricket!

heh. talk about the "futas" in the "chaads" of the basement hallways :)

ohh yeah... its good that the maintenance guy believes those were done by drunks from Bomber :floor:

AsifTheManRahman
March 30, 2006, 08:23 AM
hope they dont install close circuits though :D

Flipper
March 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by reinausagi

So, you were Muslim once before?

An anecdote: When two of my friends got married couple of years back, I heard similar things. So, this is my Egyptian friend who fell in love with my other friend who is a country girl from Virginia. He is a very religious man, and sadly he couldn't do anything before marrying her. Likewise, he coudn't marry her before she converted. Anyways, back to the topic, at the weeding, I was told by my Egyptian friend's Pakistani friend that "She didn't convert, she reverted which is the proper islamic way to address this issue".

Sakib1234
April 11, 2006, 01:36 PM
He everyone this is Sakib Mohsin, president of AutoDen.info… a new automobile website in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = <st1:place>Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region>. AutoDen.info owns the first every online car magazine… so please visit us and don’t forget to register in the forum…

here is the link: www.autoden.info (http://www.autoden.info)

metallian
April 11, 2006, 04:22 PM
I'm saad. 18 yrs. old. Majoring in electrical engineering in the US. love cricket, good music, parties, and driving around to the most random places. I love bangla rock/metal bands: aurthohin, artcell, black, etc.

Mr-Cricket
April 14, 2006, 11:46 AM
I'm Ridwan. I'm 19, and live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm currently at Melbourne University completing my Bachelor of Commerce (Looking to get into Finance). I’m an avid Cricket follower, and support Australia when Bangladesh is not involved. I love playing the game (both competitively and socially) and thoroughly enjoy watching Ricky Ponting bat.

I've tried my best to follow Bangladeshi Cricket over the years, but living in Australia it's often very difficult (Very limited coverage). I did watch the Australia/Bangladesh 'Top-end' Tests in 2003, but I really started taking notice of our team’s progress during the ODI series against India in late 2004, and then against Zimbabwe in early 2005. I then watched the whole Natwest Series on TV last year, and in short, I haven’t looked back since! (I apologise for jumping on the bandwagon!).

I’ve actually known about this forum for about 6-12 months now. I wasn’t a regular visitor, but I did pop in from time to time. I only took it upon myself to register this month, and I’m really enjoying posting my innermost thoughts on the forum! (This is actually the first forum I've ever registered with!). Anyway, this is starting to drag on, and I don’t want to bore you all! I look forward to posting on the forum in future. Keep up the good work.

Go Bangladesh!

Shafin
April 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
An anecdote: When two of my friends got married couple of years back, I heard similar things. So, this is my Egyptian friend who fell in love with my other friend who is a country girl from Virginia. He is a very religious man, and sadly he couldn't do anything before marrying her. Likewise, he coudn't marry her before she converted. Anyways, back to the topic, at the weeding, I was told by my Egyptian friend's Pakistani friend that "She didn't convert, she reverted which is the proper islamic way to address this issue".
The muslim belief is that every chiild is born muslim,and when they reach adulthood,some of them are taken to other religions,so when one re-announces his/her faith,he revarts to his original faith.

HereWeGo
April 14, 2006, 08:40 PM
Studying at McMaster. Elec Eng level 2. Presently trying hard to make it to third year. Programming is a killer. Cricket is wat keeps me alive in this god forsaken place. will go back to Bangladesh as soon as i am done with my undergrads.

Omio
April 25, 2006, 09:27 AM
This is omio...
I m student here. My sub is computing. My interest is web design.
We have a website that is www.deshikotha.com (http://www.deshikotha.com)
I m 21.
I like this site.

abedinzeeshan
May 3, 2006, 04:44 AM
Zeeshan here -
I am a junior at UT Dallas, majoring in Econ...ex-Scholastica'n (Class of '04)

...love being part of online community, more so being stranded so far away from home
[just got done with finals yesterday - right now, making random posts...owing to lack of anything better to do]

Faceoff
May 3, 2006, 11:25 AM
Welcome Zeeshan.
Good to have another texan in the community.

Tigers_eye
May 3, 2006, 12:20 PM
Nooooooooo! Another longhorn. Welcome Zeeshan! would you like to transfer to U of A? (just kidding) As long as you support the Texans and Rockets you are ok in my book. i mean the mavs and cowboys, lol.

abedinzeeshan
May 4, 2006, 02:17 AM
Thanks guys...

Cats_eye: I'm not a longhorn (not from UT Austin), more of a "comet" (yeah, that's our little-known mascot)
So, which U of A are you from - Fayetteville?

Faceoff, where in Texas are you at?

Tigers_eye
May 4, 2006, 12:48 PM
Ah! missed the Dallas part. anyways, hit the books. Party baji kom korba. I haven't been to any of U of A. lovers lane'er ashey pashey jano na dekhi.
But the closest i support are the razorbacks, yes, at fayetteville. (Only one team to support.)

Faceoff
May 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys...

Faceoff, where in Texas are you at?

I live in Arlington. How abt u? Do u live on campus?

BTW, start liking the cowboys bcz this town is cow crazy :)

layperson
May 13, 2006, 03:49 AM
Name is Shahriyar. BOrn in Dhaka and just turned 23 years old. School life was spent in scholastica from playgroup till A Levels. Then went to The university of western ontario in london,ontario to study electrical engineering. Did not like the subject and ended up transferring to Trent University in Peterborough majoring in Economics. Just completed my third year and currently in Dhaka for the summer of 2006.
In terms of cricket I was part of the scholastica school cricket team for the nirman championships and anyone who has played school cricket knows that our team at that time was one of the most higly rated along with BKSP. Most players in our team either played 1st division or 2nd division while still in the shcool team. Enjoyed every moment. School life was the best !!! Miss it a lot now.

abedinzeeshan
May 13, 2006, 04:50 AM
shahriyar, which year did you graduate from Scholastica?

As you may have noted from above, I am a Scholastica'n too - our batch took the '04 A' Levels.

I live in Arlington. How abt u? Do u live on campus?

BTW, start liking the cowboys bcz this town is cow crazy :)
Yeah faceoff, I live on campus (in Richardson). Drop by sometime!

layperson
May 13, 2006, 05:55 AM
[quote=abedinzeeshan]shahriyar, which year did you graduate from Scholastica?

As you may have noted from above, I am a Scholastica'n too - our batch took the '04 A' Levels.

I was in the May 2000 O Levels and 2002 A Levels batch. The school moved to the Uttara campus when I joined for A Levels in Jan 2001. We actually have some other scholasticans here as well. Nayef here is from the same batch as me. Good to hear from a fellow scholastican though. I miss school days like crazy specially O Levels and A levels er time.

Nazzy
May 23, 2006, 06:29 PM
Name : Nazzy
Educational Qualification : College
Curricular Activities : technology
Ambition : computer engineer
Hobbies : kicin' ur arse j/k
Fav Actresses : Kajol
Fav Actor : Salman shah, srk
Fav Sports : cricket, badminton
Fav Movie : sotter mitru nei, K3G
Fav TV Series : 51-Borti, 69
Other: i lyk computer n doin' stuffs w/ scriptin' etc

i am a teenager who luvs web-design n scripting hu left bd for three years n livin in Ireland. i luv my country n i can't explain to you how much i missing it.

you can visit my website http://www.nazmulalam.com if you want to know more about me.

thank you for reading that ****

AsifTheManRahman
May 24, 2006, 09:15 AM
[quote=abedinzeeshan]shahriyar, which year did you graduate from Scholastica?

I was in the May 2000 O Levels and 2002 A Levels batch. The school moved to the Uttara campus when I joined for A Levels in Jan 2001. We actually have some other scholasticans here as well. Nayef here is from the same batch as me. Good to hear from a fellow scholastican though. I miss school days like crazy specially O Levels and A levels er time.

hmm...and i'm sandwiched between the two of you - A Levels '03

Andy-Flower
May 26, 2006, 04:01 AM
Andy Flower is the name..y'all know him i' a BIG fan of his. I'm Zimbabwean currently living in Zimbabwe. I Used to play a bit of some cricket myself i played together with Gerald Masakadza, Hamilton's elder brother but we both didn't get very far.

I know the likes of Matsikanyere and Taibu, from school, we used to meet in quiz seminars. I'm a strong Zimbabwe supporter currently in Harare i'll be watching all ZIM-BD matches.

I also support BD only when they are playing teams other than Zim. Ashraful is my favorite character..i think he has a bright future ahead of him.

Baundule
May 26, 2006, 04:44 AM
Welcome Andy to this forum.

Abd
June 8, 2006, 03:53 PM
hello I am a new member here. This is an wonderful website.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2006, 04:37 PM
Welcome Abd. This is indeed a great website and the people are just wonderful people. The more you spent time here the better you will learn about them.

The Mods may have already sent you what/how you should start a thread. I would recommend not to put fabricated stories to influence others to refrain from a bad deed. The Almighty commands us to try to be as much pure as we can be. One has no choice but to practice that if he/she wants to receive The Almighty's grace.

mac
August 8, 2006, 03:55 AM
I am 16 and did my S.S.C. this year from Ideal School. Now I am in Dhaka College. I am a real big fan of cricket and I have started playing street cricket in 1996 and still playing with lots of fun. I always try to follow all the internationals specially the BD games. I even went to enjoy the 3rd match of Kenya series at fatulla the day before my s.s.c. exam. I have joined this site on May and really passing a wonderful time here. Hope we will be the best cricket team soon.:up:

CricFanBD
August 10, 2006, 01:23 AM
Hi.
I am Living in Australia since 2001. I work as a Civil Engineer in the City Council. Married person. Like Cricket and Football. After Bangladesh I always support WI, I don't know the reason. Lara is my favorite player. The two best cricket matches in my life is:
1) Natwest Series: BD beats Aus.
2) ICC championship in Dhaka: WI beats Paki.

I like this forum very much. Almost everyday I visit it. I don’t write too much but I always enjoy some person’s writings. Thanks to all. Be happy and be fine.

Tigers_eye
September 6, 2006, 04:02 PM
... I don’t write too much but I always enjoy some person’s writings...

Tell me tell me, its "me" right?

Noooooooo!! It can't be fazal or babu bhai.

MarufH
September 8, 2006, 08:20 AM
This is Maruf... I'm also known as Blaze in deshikotha+hot-desi, Aboltabol in paltalk... and some sites blazinmaruf...
Currently I'm in second year of college...my major is business.
I love Cricket... I wake up in the morning.. turn on my computer and see whats new on cricket. I'm totally addicted to it.
I'm also in love with BC, eventhough I dont agree with some of the members sometimes.. yet I learned so much!!!
It's been over six months I joined this forum... my posts might not say that but most of the time I enjoy reading...
Gulla fans make me laugh....
my fav player.. Bulbul... present day...Nafees... well I love ash but it's best if i don't talk about it. :D
All right... I'm glad to know you all... and lets support BD for rest of our life.

Duck
October 27, 2006, 12:23 PM
I wanted a nick with a sense of least-thanked-but-most-coveted...in that sense.......but with a cricket flalvor : So, thought Duck (golla) = Dak and added the "pion". Instead of making it Duck_Pion, I made it wrong, as always. And named Dak_Pion.......disgraceful. I am the most stupid person on earth who cant make anything but mistakes!

I hate cricket! Because it needs some basic memory work for Stats. I am awefully bad at stats. I have a real short memory. So, cricket is not my place. Literally no sport is good for me as the sports-lover. Here i suck: I cant leave cricket!

I am really really bad at compu knowledge. Thats why it took years to find out that there is a board where you can write junks about you to introduce! hah......

I am not funny. I had trouble when people are making fun or joking. Because it takes me a long ( like tera seconds...is it the right spelling?) to catch whats going on around. My Antaena are so short and worthless. Its not the tubelight...it is fusedlite. Seigh.....

I represent one of those Buiras who have no tastes in the family life and pretend to be too busy with studies or work, just to avoid any responsibilities for the home.

I am doing some crappy research in Micobiology-Immunology without any sense of direction. Only God and my Mentor know what's going on in this business. Peace be on my supervisor if I am not kicked out of lab door!

I am not creative in thinking. Even my signature is the product of plagiarism. and the recently added avatar was work of "Cut-Copy-Paste".

I am living like the "PIGS" = "Poor Indian Graduate Student". I am living by penny-pinching! No spare quarter to watch the Cricket online, and so, I should not comment about cricket. But who cares! I am good at commenting as experts in something that I have no idea at all.

Here i go ......I mean here i suck.........i mean duck duck!!

Nasif
October 27, 2006, 02:06 PM
I wanted a nick with a sense of least-thanked-but-most-coveted...in that sense.......but with a cricket flalvor : So, thought Duck (golla) = Dak and added the "pion". Instead of making it Duck_Pion, I made it wrong, as always. And named Dak_Pion.......disgraceful. I am the most stupid person on earth who cant make anything but mistakes!

ahhh... the pain. We hear ya.

Just let us know if you want your nick to be changed to Duck_Pion. We can do that. At least that would reduce some amount of the pain... :confused:

Duck
October 28, 2006, 12:18 AM
ahhh... the pain. We hear ya.

Just let us know if you want your nick to be changed to Duck_Pion. We can do that. At least that would reduce some amount of the pain... :confused:

Is it possible? Let me think about it........actually I fell in love with this smelly nick!
Anyway, what should I do to swap my nick?

Nasif
October 28, 2006, 12:19 PM
Is it possible? Let me think about it........actually I fell in love with this smelly nick!
Anyway, what should I do to swap my nick?

Check your private message.

Kabir
October 30, 2006, 12:10 AM
I'm Kabir, 24, living in Mississauga, Ontario. It's a nice little city next to Toronto.

I used to play for my school in Nirman...and was given the nick of "Botham" by my favorite player of all time, Maqsud bhai (captain of our team). But to be honest, I'm a complete misrepresentation of Botham.

I left BD in 2001 after my A'levels, and joined YorkU. Completed hons with IT and specialization in Requirements Engineering; currently doing masters in Information Systems at UofT (University of Toronto).

I'm currently a web developer and analyst at UofT's library system.

Needless to say that BD team is my favorite team. I'm with BD no matter if we win or lose. Having said that, I do think that being a big fan of this team requires one to be critical about the team's management.

I love BC. I've started following the forum regularly since the summer of 2005. After that, I recently thought of joining the group here. I like to read people's comments, even if it doesn't make sense. The most interesting thing is when we try to defend our team by any means, being childish for the most part. I find this analogous to an activist, who would go the distance with their childish approach, only for the sake of supporting something that's good...which in my case is my national team.

I love to help people with tech related questions. If you have questions re Java, and DB (MySQL, MS-SQL Server, Oracle), leave me a private msg. I'm working my way towards being an Information Architect, which I see as a new approach to IS (although the idea existed since 1980s). Surprising that Ontario Govt is only now approaching this area, with MS (it's a huge 8 billion$ project from what I know). Isn't that early enough to start looking for ways help BD's anlaysts?

My research interests?
1) developing search engines (I have 3 developed in different intranets)
2) web accessibility
3) digital library, and the prospect of digitizing Bangla books (if you've got some ideas on this, and wanna share or collaborate with me, I would love to hear from you)

Protic
November 15, 2006, 02:04 PM
Ah.. "introduce yourself" thread! sorry for posting late :D was too busy posting in the cricket section!!
So here goes..

Hey guys im Mustafiz or Protic ,18 years old.. living in Dhaka,Bangladesh. Im a College student..Its A'Level studies..and I LOVE CRICKET !!
Muslim ofcourse :D
Great forum.. I congratulate all the staffs and the members in here.

SMHasan
November 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
Ah.. "introduce yourself" thread! sorry for posting late :D was too busy posting in the cricket section!!
So here goes..

Hey guys im Mustafiz or Protic ,18 years old.. living in Dhaka,Bangladesh. Im a College student..Its A'Level studies..and I LOVE CRICKET !!
Muslim ofcourse :D
Great forum.. I congratulate all the staffs and the members in here.

Welcome Aboard!

Alien
November 16, 2006, 12:49 AM

lol, Got banned. No wonder I dont get to see your nice videos.:-D

adel
November 17, 2006, 04:25 AM
even though i have been here for over 6 months i'll still introduce myself...
my names is adel. i attend AISD (American International School of Dhaka) and am in my last year of high-school. (i'm lovin' livin' in dhaka). I play cricket and football in my spare time, and also am quite interested in guitar. (bangla music is the man).

Cholo Bangladesh

Alien
November 30, 2006, 06:37 AM
Its never too late to introduce yourself :)

layperson
December 4, 2006, 05:26 AM

Hitler bro have you changed your screen name ?? :confused: Why ????? !!!!!!! Or am I mixing up members now.

Spitfire_x86
December 4, 2006, 09:41 AM
User name change = bad and not welcome :down:
(unless you want to use your real name)

Alien
December 5, 2006, 06:44 AM
User name change = bad and not welcome :down:
(unless you want to use your real name)

Ki ar korbo....HereWeGo'r jalae naam tao bodlaete hoilo. Tarpor Moderator gula piche lagse. Shob milae naam ta bodlae duniyar jalaton ek shate dur korlam

layperson
December 5, 2006, 02:10 PM
Ki ar korbo....HereWeGo'r jalae naam tao bodlaete hoilo. Tarpor Moderator gula piche lagse. Shob milae naam ta bodlae duniyar jalaton ek shate dur korlam

What the hell !!! Manush er eto problem keno? Onek beshi bekar time ache mone hoy to complain about a screen name. And dude it doesnt feel like you without the name"hitler" and the avatar. It actually feels like some alien has taken over your membership in BC. I dont think you should have given in and changed your avataar and nick. As far as I know your nick does not violate any rules of the forum and if some individuals had a problem with it you should have let them deal with it, why change it man !!!!! Extremely disappointed by your submission. Maybe I will open a thread soon and seek support to have "hitler"back instead of having an Alien.

Alien
December 5, 2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for that.

The very last thing I wanted was to have an endless arguement with mods. That would be another saga. Besides, people who were criticising had crappy nicks themselves had nothing better to do than pick on my nick and avatar.

If I had Pol-pot, Gengish Khan, or even George Bush as my nick, they wouldnt care at all.

To them all I got to say: "Go find a day job".

Out of nowhere they started to care about humanity and 6 million Jews getting gassed up 60 years ago. And I dont feel that sympathetic for them because they turned out to be the biggest oppressors themselves.

Bugz
December 6, 2006, 11:42 PM
Hey Guys,

I live in Australia and am a mad fan of the Tigers (and cricket in general)

In my spare time I run a cricket news blog. http://alookatcricket.blogspot.com/

Bugz.

shanil
December 8, 2006, 08:26 AM
hi i am Shanil or u can call me Rossin or oshustho_mogoj/omj lol i am not a new member but i wasnt an active member for years if u want to kno more about me just go to oshustho.hi5.com. L-)

cya :)

shanil
December 8, 2006, 08:32 AM
even though i have been here for over 6 months i'll still introduce myself...
my names is adel. i attend AISD (American International School of Dhaka) and am in my last year of high-school. (i'm lovin' livin' in dhaka). I play cricket and football in my spare time, and also am quite interested in guitar. (bangla music is the man).

Cholo Bangladesh

looks like u r my kind of person i love Dhaka, cricket n music welcome bro

Cholo Bangladesh :flag:

adel
December 8, 2006, 10:55 PM
looks like u r my kind of person i love Dhaka, cricket n music welcome bro

Cholo Bangladesh :flag:

haha...so I see you live in dhaka as well...
but anyways what type of music are you into...
I like bands like artcell, cryptic fate, aurthohin and warfaze

Imteaz
December 9, 2006, 06:11 AM
I am Warfaze from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Cricket is My Passion. My Hobby is Collecting Cricket News, Watching Cricket Match, Thinking about Cricket and Talk about Cricket. Hope I will Enjoy My Passion in This Forum

Thanks, Have a Nice Time.

Alien
December 9, 2006, 06:18 AM
Doesn't warfaze's signature violates the signature rule?

Miraz
December 9, 2006, 07:03 AM
Doesn't warfaze's signature violates the signature rule?

C'mon man, at first welcome the new member and let the moderators do the action regarding board rules.

Anyway, welcome Warfaze. enjoy the stay.

Omio
December 9, 2006, 07:13 AM
wellcome warfaze to our forum...

Alien
December 9, 2006, 09:31 AM
C'mon man, at first welcome the new member and let the moderators do the action regarding board rules.

Anyway, welcome Warfaze. enjoy the stay.

Well, would have appreciated if people let Mods take the action rather than create a whole new thread gang-bashing the nick "Hitler".

adel
December 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
Well, would have appreciated if people let Mods take the action rather than create a whole new thread gang-bashing the nick "Hitler".

the thing is (as I am sure you are aware of) Warrfaze is a popular bangladeshi band...
However, i'm quite dissapointed that you had to change ur nickname...

Imteaz
December 9, 2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks to Everyone Who Welcome Me. I am Sorry if I Violate any Rules. I don't Know The Rules Regarding Signature. Please let me Know. Definitely I will Correct Myself. I don't Want to Violate any Rules.

Thanks, Have a Nice Time

Bancan
December 9, 2006, 11:14 PM
remove the color in your sig and ur fine

Imteaz
December 9, 2006, 11:46 PM
remove the color in your sig and ur fine

Thank You Very Much..........................

shanil
December 10, 2006, 01:29 PM
haha...so I see you live in dhaka as well...
but anyways what type of music are you into...
I like bands like artcell, cryptic fate, aurthohin and warfaze

i salute ur taste my kind of taste.
well actually i listen to everything except rap nhip hop, my taste starts from classical to melodic death

sneha_sharma
December 13, 2006, 04:32 PM
Hello Everyone,
Whats up, sneha here I am new to the forum..... Welcome me :) I know i m a spoilt brat

he he:onethephone:

HereWeGo
December 13, 2006, 04:57 PM
Hello Everyone,
Whats up, sneha here I am new to the forum..... Welcome me :) I know i m a spoilt brat

There is a thread where u can introduce urself...but nice to know u...enjoy ur stay...

Omio
December 13, 2006, 05:15 PM
hi shema sharama,,
wc to bangla cricket,,
its quite interesting to c u here..

Rihaad The Man
December 13, 2006, 05:57 PM
Looks like it's in a wrong section :).......

Imteaz
December 14, 2006, 12:57 AM
Welcome sneha_sharma.....................

Kabir
December 14, 2006, 01:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome on board. I noticed your interesting signature. Hope you enjoy your stay at BC.

Originally posted by HereWeGo
There is a thread where u can introduce urself...but nice to know u...enjoy ur stay...

HereWeGo, ThereYouGo...you missed the title of this thread!

sneha_sharma
December 14, 2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks Kabir and Warfaze

Me Sneha Sharma, i love playing games online :) esp cricket

Just chilll guys... I love you all

afrina
December 24, 2006, 04:37 PM
Hi
Every one I'm afrina live in Dhaka. Love cricket very much. I support Bangladesh and South Africa. I'm doing my MBA. I'm 25/f.

Omio
December 24, 2006, 04:47 PM
Hi
Every one I'm afrina live in Dhaka. Love cricket very much. I support Bangladesh and South Africa. I'm doing my MBA. I'm 25/f.
Hello Afrina, wc to BC..

Alien
December 27, 2006, 04:38 AM
Hi

Welcome.

I too support South Africa.

But only when they play against England.

Sumon77
February 28, 2007, 12:50 AM
hi...already more than 1 and half year here... but was not too active to post rather enjoyed the reading. ofcourse never missed babu bangla's posts...he is my favorite. anyway, its too weired to introduce this late but anyway... I am Saeed Mahmud Ullah from Dhaka, now doing PhD in Tokyo in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Back there, I am a faculty member in Dhaka University and hope to go back there after a year. I was never a good player in cricket (not even in para standard)... but following Bangladesh cricket is now my main passion. oooh...also..i guess I am one of the older (by age ofcourse) member here, 30 years of age. Recently got married.... and when I was saying to my wife couple of days ago that we were listening live commentry of Bangladesh Bermuda match on online radio, she got really surprised and said how crazy people can be!!! I am really proud to be a part of this crazy community.

h3art
March 13, 2007, 04:05 AM
Hi its Mohiuddin here frm UAE i m 17 & studying in gd...i m a fan ov cricket so hope 2 get twisted wit u guys in crickets.:smug:

AsifTheManRahman
March 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hi its Mohiuddin here frm UAE i m 17 & studying in gd...i m a fan ov cricket so hope 2 get twisted wit u guys in crickets.:smug:

hahaha. we will twist you with our crickets.

welcome aboard.

Kabir
March 13, 2007, 10:00 AM

Welcome Mohiuddin. Enjoy your stay.

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 01:24 PM
i was looking for a bangla forum....before our match with you guys...

found this one..seems good...

i am a true blue indian...

from New Delhi to be precise...

Kabir
March 15, 2007, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the board true blue Indian.

All cricket lovers are welcome here, regardless of whether you support Bangladesh team or not. Enjoy your stay, and hope to see you after the WC is over too.

আমি
March 15, 2007, 01:52 PM
Another Bengali here, From "Opar Bangla".

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2007, 03:27 PM
Welcome "Ami". Enjoy your stay.

Anika
March 18, 2007, 05:33 PM
Hello Everyone! :p
This is Anika!
Onekrokom forum e thakleo shudhui Cricket forume chilam na! :p
Ajke theke tai notun poth chola! Hope you guys will welcome me.

Gr8 job with this site + forum! Keep it up! :)

Miraz
March 18, 2007, 05:57 PM
Welcome Anika at BC.

Have a nice stay.

Kabir
March 18, 2007, 09:19 PM
Welcome Anika apu. Hope you liked our site and forum. We're just a bunch of crazy fans, all looking for one big thing - the WORLD CUP :D

Enjoy your stay, and look around. Hope to see you after the WC as well.

Anika
March 19, 2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks Miraz and Kabir :D

shakawatCC
March 19, 2007, 10:31 AM
hey my name is forhad live in nyc
i love cricket i also play cricket
im in my first year of college and having hard time to watch the WCC
any way i only watch BDs games so i will miss the classes on wed to watch the game

shakawatCC
March 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
every one enjoy the game agaist SL because BD is going to beat them is a style
im gusseing in the WCC final BD will face South Africa

Kabir
March 19, 2007, 11:11 AM
Welcome on board ShakawatCC. Don't skip too many classes, coz your GPA may not be able to thank you for that :)

Enjoy your stay, and don't disappear after the WC.

reverse_swing
March 19, 2007, 11:14 AM
Don't skip too many classes, coz your GPA may not be able to thank you for that :)

from personal experience? :)

Gondal
March 20, 2007, 09:33 AM
Salaam everyone

Im Umar Khayyam from Lahore Pakistan. An ardent cricketing afficiando like of all of you, and please accept dual congrats on a memorable victory against india as well as on putting up such a spectacular portal.

best regards

immortal
March 21, 2007, 04:41 PM
Hi guys I'm an aussie who lives in Spain and has followed cricket all his (long) life. I like posting on Asian cricket sites as its a refreshing change an I reckon we can all learn a lot from getting to know cricket fans from all cultures in a friendly environment. This looks like a great site and hope to be contributing often

Kabir
March 21, 2007, 04:58 PM
Welcome to BC immortal. I think I did welcome you earlier, but oh well, doesn't hurt welcoming again :)

Hope you enjoy your stay. Yes we can all learn many things from each other. Share your views, participate, don't vanish, and be an immortal member of BC :)

Kabir
March 21, 2007, 05:01 PM
Salaam everyone

Im Umar Khayyam from Lahore Pakistan. An ardent cricketing afficiando like of all of you, and please accept dual congrats on a memorable victory against india as well as on putting up such a spectacular portal.

best regards

Welcome to BC Gondal. Thanks for your complements about the site and our team. Although we had a horrible day today against SL, we still love our team and will support them all the way through.

Enjoy your stay. And hope to see you post more than once a day :)

Kabir
March 21, 2007, 05:02 PM
from personal experience? :)

Abbar jiggs!!! Failure is the pillar of success. And I seem to have built quite a few of them already (just like the Tigers eh?) :)

BillaGTX
March 21, 2007, 06:00 PM
Hi people.
I am Billa Sonia Khan. 17 years old. Im half indian and half bangladesi.

mihink
March 21, 2007, 07:31 PM
Newb on this forum

I am probably the oldest member: 31.
Raised since the age of 2 in the US.
Love cricket and my country even more. Live in Central PA (Harrisburg/Hershey).
Any members around where I am?

Kabir
March 21, 2007, 07:48 PM
Welcome aboard Billa Sonia Khan and Mihink bhai.

Billa: So you've got passion for both the countries eh? Where do you currently live?

Mihink bhai: No, unfortunately you couldn't beat a couple of members who are older. Look around, you'll find some just of your age. It's great to see the love for cricket and for Bangladesh :)

Please make yourself at home. Enjoy your stay, and don't vanish after the WC is over tho :)

sadi
March 21, 2007, 08:48 PM
Hi people.
I am Billa Sonia Khan. 17 years old. Im half indian and half bangladesi.

From another thread

hey i am half bangladesi and half sri lankan but i live in england so i really dont care whoever wins

Confused? :D

rashik007
March 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
took so long to notice this thread
anywayz i m rashik
halfway between 16 and 17
living in vancouver
born in Dhaka but was in NZ for 2 yrs
like cricket and recently joined the bengali team here
called the Bengal tigers (playing in 5th division LOL)

Nasif
March 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
I am probably the oldest member: 31.

nothing to worry; you aren't the oldest. We have members double the your age, 60+ /:)

Ehsan
March 21, 2007, 11:14 PM
nothing to worry; you aren't the oldest. We have members double the your age, 60+ /:)

Nasif bhai when did you hit 60? :p

Kabir
March 21, 2007, 11:32 PM
Nasif bhai when did you hit 60? :p

Inshallah, in the year 2035. Sura duwa poro miya, he could turn that into a century by 2075 Allah dile.

[বাংলা]সালায় জান নাসিফ ভাই, আইন্ন্যর লোগোৎ ফরে দেহা হৌত্ জ্সখৌন আইন্ন্য আঁর লগে কুস্তি ত্ ন্ ফারৌত।[/বাংলা]

Nasif
March 21, 2007, 11:38 PM
Inshallah, in the year 2035. Sura duwa poro miya, he could turn that into a century by 2075 Allah dile.

[বাংলা]সালায় জান নাসিফ ভাই, আইন্ন্যর লোগোৎ ফরে দেহা হৌত্ জ্সখৌন আইন্ন্য আঁর লগে কুস্তি ত্ ন্ ফারৌত।[/বাংলা]

hahaha, You are off by 2 years :) Need to add 2 years :D

by the way, I understand chatgaiya little bit :)

Kabir
March 21, 2007, 11:48 PM
hahaha, You are off by 2 years :) Need to add 2 years :D

by the way, I understand chatgaiya little bit :)

[বাংলা]আঁয়ি আইন্ন্যর্ কতা হুইন্যা ফুরফুইররা হৌয়ামগৌ। আঁর কতা হুনোনের লাইগ্যা তাইল্য কেউ আসৌন।[/বাংলা] :-*

BillaGTX
March 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
From another thread

Confused? :D

Ok its like this, you won't believe it if I told you but its my duty to tell you sir. My father was born in India and my mother was born in Sri Lanka and they married in Bangladesh because my mother is half Bangladeshi and half Indian but she was born in Sri Lanka. So I was born in BAngladesh so I am half Bangladesh, half Sri Lankan and half Indian. Since my grandparents are from Pakistan, I must be quarter Pakistani. Hope that clears out any confusion or doubts. Bye Bye.

sadi
March 22, 2007, 10:28 AM
Ok its like this, you won't believe it if I told you but its my duty to tell you sir. My father was born in India and my mother was born in Sri Lanka and they married in Bangladesh because my mother is half Bangladeshi and half Indian but she was born in Sri Lanka. So I was born in BAngladesh so I am half Bangladesh, half Sri Lankan and half Indian. Since my grandparents are from Pakistan, I must be quarter Pakistani. Hope that clears out any confusion or doubts. Bye Bye.

No it didn't. If anything, I am even more confused now. :p Hey, welcome to BC.

BillaGTX
March 22, 2007, 10:37 AM
No it didn't. If anything, I am even more confused now. :p Hey, welcome to BC.

Okay okay I try to explain it better. Like maths.

Father = India
Mother = Sri Lanka Indian
Born = Bangladesh

therefore
Father + Mother = Me
Me = India + Sri Lanka + Bangladesh + Grandparents(Pakistani)

See maths so easy to understand. Hope that made it clearer. If that didn't help I will use scientific notation to help you udnerstand my friend.

Kabir
March 22, 2007, 10:44 AM
Okay okay I try to explain it better. Like maths.

Father = India
Mother = Sri Lanka Indian
Born = Bangladesh

therefore
Father + Mother = Me
Me = India + Sri Lanka + Bangladesh + Grandparents(Pakistani)

See maths so easy to understand. Hope that made it clearer. If that didn't help I will use scientific notation to help you udnerstand my friend.

Billa, your math sounds great, and so does the idea that you've got the whole subcontinent nicely covered. :floor:

Just joking sis, but this is the first time I'm seeing such a thing. So really, you shouldn't have any problems with Bangladesh beating India, India beating Pakistan, Pakistan beating Sri Lanka, everyone beating India, Sri Lanka thrashing Bangladesh...everyone beating everyone else...holy macaroniii!!! That'll be a warzoneeeeee.

Kabir
March 22, 2007, 10:45 AM
Just one question though Billa. Where do you currently live? Lets see if you can extend your subcontinental wing over Persia/Middle east/China/Europe/North America/South America/Africa/North Pole/South Pole now :lol:

I'm just joking :).
This is how we are here at BC. Chilling for the most part. Hope you enjoy the time here.

Kabir
March 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
So I was born in BAngladesh so I am half Bangladesh, half Sri Lankan and half Indian. Since my grandparents are from Pakistan, I must be quarter Pakistani. Hope that clears out any confusion or doubts. Bye Bye.

Like Sadi, I'm actually more confused.

1/2 Bangladeshi + 1/2 Indian + 1/2 Sri Lankan + 1/4 Pakistani will make you a 1.75 portions of a human being :eek:

BillaGTX
March 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
Like Sadi, I'm actually more confused.

1/2 Bangladeshi + 1/2 Indian + 1/2 Sri Lankan + 1/4 Pakistani will make you a 1.75 portions of a human being :eek:

No! No! actually im a 17 years old female who currently lives in UK

Kabir
March 22, 2007, 02:54 PM
No! No! actually im a 17 years old female who currently lives in UK

I was just joking :)

BillaGTX
March 22, 2007, 04:16 PM
Thats cool mate :)

Miraz
March 22, 2007, 04:22 PM
[বাংলা]আঁয়ি আইন্ন্যর্ কতা হুইন্যা ফুরফুইররা হৌয়ামগৌ। আঁর কতা হুনোনের লাইগ্যা তাইল্য কেউ আসৌন।[/বাংলা] :-*

[বাংলা]বদ্দা গম আসৌন নি?[/বাংলা]

Nafis_BD
March 22, 2007, 11:42 PM
Hey my name is Nafis
I am currently in scarborough (Toronto) ON, Canada
I am 12 years old and I was born in BD and stayed there for 11 or 12 years and then moved to Canada.
I used to play cricket in DCA and got the chance to play for the under 13 or 14 but I moved after that!!
I love BD and the BD cricket team

Kabir
March 22, 2007, 11:52 PM
Hey Nafis. Welcome to BanglaCricket bhaiya.

Good to know that you tried out for DCA. If you're in Scarborough, you should try BanglaCC (Bangla Cricket Club). Who knows, next WC you may play for Canada :)

Enjoy your stay. Look around. And hope to see you here often :)

Nafis_BD
March 23, 2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks alot and could u please inform me more about the Bangla Cricket Club and etc i'm interested in that and thanks for the hope but I am only gonna play for BD in an international or national cricket level!!!Thanks Alot!!

Kabir
March 23, 2007, 12:23 AM
I'll ask their coach about the possibilities. They've qualified for 2nd division last year (in their first attempt), so will have two teams this year possibly. One in 3rd division for young talents to qualify, and the other in 2nd division in their attempt to go to the 1st division.

Nafis_BD
March 23, 2007, 12:28 AM
Ok thanks alot and any kind of info u get plz inform me thanks alot!!!!

dodger
March 23, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hi there.
Didn't see this thread when I joined the forum but now I have I can properly introduce myself....
As you can see from my avatar etc I'm an avid English cricket fan. I lived though in Bangladesh for 4 years of my life and got a real affection for the country and the people. Went to see the cricket team and football team quite a few times at the Bangabundu stadium as well...
Anyway was interested what the reaction was of Bangladeshi's etc to your progress in the WC is why I joined...I also happen to have a few bets on the WC a couple involving Bangladesh (including India going out in the group stages @ 20/1)!
So that's all really. Look forward to posting more in your forums!
:up:

akabir77
March 23, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hi there.
Didn't see this thread when I joined the forum but now I have I can properly introduce myself....
As you can see from my avatar etc I'm an avid English cricket fan. I lived though in Bangladesh for 4 years of my life and got a real affection for the country and the people. Went to see the cricket team and football team quite a few times at the Bangabundu stadium as well...
Anyway was interested what the reaction was of Bangladeshi's etc to your progress in the WC is why I joined...I also happen to have a few bets on the WC a couple involving Bangladesh (including India going out in the group stages @ 20/1)!
So that's all really. Look forward to posting more in your forums!
:up:

Ohh you should be rich by now then...

Our next target is England..:-D

dodger
March 23, 2007, 09:13 PM
Ohh you should be rich by now then...

Our next target is England..:-D
Unfortunately I don't bet big! Didn't put much money on but for sure I've made some...
Hehe and if your next target is England, be prepared to miss that target ;)
There is no-one who can stop the mighty Kevin Pietersen.

Kabir
March 23, 2007, 09:33 PM
Welcome to BanglaCricket dodger.

So what to tell you, you've probably seen the players more closely that I have.

It's good to have you here, and hope your team does great in super 8's. Hope to see you stick around after the WC too.

karimjay.
March 24, 2007, 03:12 AM
Haha I'm abit late.

G'day I'm Jawaad. Fifteen.

akabir77
March 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately I don't bet big! Didn't put much money on but for sure I've made some...
Hehe and if your next target is England, be prepared to miss that target ;)
There is no-one who can stop the mighty Kevin Pietersen.

You may be right cause we only beat World campions :>

dodger
March 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
You may be right cause we only beat World campions :>
That's fighting talk alright!
Let's just wait until the match on 11th April then see who's cocky after that.

Nafis_BD
March 25, 2007, 11:33 PM
Hey Kabir bhai whats up ?Did u talk to da coach and even if u didn't could u give me some info about BCC and my possibilities of playing for them and etc cause I don't wanna waste my summer finding a cricket club and etc u know ....Thanks Alot For Ur Help!!!!!!

Kabir
March 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
Haven't been able to do that yet. Sorry Nafis. You'll have to bear with me a bit...may be next weekend. Sorry bhaiya :)

Nafis_BD
March 25, 2007, 11:47 PM
It's ok Kabir Bhai its great that u r willing to help me out here u dont need to be sorry !!!If u find any info's plz inform me ....Again Thanks Alot For Ur Help!!!!

_tiger_
March 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
Hellow all,
I am Asif from Dhanmondi Dhaka.
I am 19yrs old.
ami khubi olosh pola... For more about me: http://bindaspola.hi5.com

adel
March 27, 2007, 04:41 AM
welcome tiger bhai...
it's great to see many new members that live in bd in the BC Forum...However, i dont know about the others but it takes ages for me to post messages, so i'm prettty much restricted to reading...

damn i realized this post is real random...

Mahir
March 29, 2007, 03:20 AM
I'll ask their coach about the possibilities. They've qualified for 2nd division last year (in their first attempt), so will have two teams this year possibly. One in 3rd division for young talents to qualify, and the other in 2nd division in their attempt to go to the 1st division.

Apni Bachchu bhai ke chenen ? Munna bhai ke ke na chinbe.. how bout Nahid bhai ? Wait, did you actually come to one of our practices ? Now I remember.. someone looked like you!

Could u please inform me more about the Bangla Cricket Club and etc i'm interested in that and thanks for the hope but I am only gonna play for BD in an international or national cricket level!!

I practice with Bangla CC every Saturday at an indoor net in Mississauga. But somehow I don't have Munna bhai or our coach's phone no. with me. I go with a couple friends, and they have the contacts. If Kabir bhai gives it to you, then great, or else I can PM u for more details. :)

Nafis_BD
March 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
OK Thanks alot for the help u guys!!!

Kabir
March 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
Apni Bachchu bhai ke chenen ?

I only know Bachchu uncle. I have plans to go to his place tomorrow. If I go there, I'll ask him there. Otherwise, I'll call him tonite and find out.

But if you're in the team already, then you will have much better access than me.

And no, you haven't seen me there...I never went to your practice...although wanted to go sometime :)

Nafis...hang on there :)

stuge
March 30, 2007, 12:42 PM
Hello,
I'm From India .I came to know about this forum via Google .Great Forum:)

akabir77
March 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
Hello,

Thanks and enjoy your stay at BC

Nocturnal
March 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
Hello,

belated happy birthday stuge.
welcome to BC.

Kabir
March 31, 2007, 12:21 PM
It's ok Kabir Bhai its great that u r willing to help me out here u dont need to be sorry !!!If u find any info's plz inform me ....Again Thanks Alot For Ur Help!!!!

Okay, I contacted him today. He sounded positive, and asked me to give you his number. Also, you should pass your phone number to me, so that I can pass it on to him.

He mentioned that due to WC, practices are irregular (or may be not even happening at the moment). So things will start falling in places again after the WC. And that's when he said he'll call you...so he needs your number for that.

I'll PM you his phone number. Can you please PM me you phone number too? Don't post in the public forum :)

And finally, good luck. When you're 17/18, you should try for the TIgers' squad :)

Nafis_BD
March 31, 2007, 12:29 PM
Yes thanks alot Kabir bhai I am really happy and thanks a million for all ur help!!!!!I will PM u my number right now!!!!Ur like a real brother!!!

Kabir
March 31, 2007, 12:33 PM
Yes thanks alot Kabir bhai I am really happy and thanks a million for all ur help!!!!!I will PM u my number right now!!!!Ur like a real brother!!!

Happy to help bro :)

stuge
March 31, 2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the Welcome,Akabir
belated happy birthday stuge.
welcome to BC.

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes and Welcome :)

bangla44
March 31, 2007, 04:31 PM
my name is aftab im from dhaka im an number 3 batsmen and im 25 years old my second team is sri lanka

Yasin
April 2, 2007, 06:11 AM
Mohd Yasin. 17 years young and growing younger on 17th June this year. Joined yesterday the 1 st of April and I hope i wont make a fool out of myself over here. Bangladeshi living in UAE. Take care everyone.

wasi_ahmed
April 8, 2007, 01:19 AM
Hello, I am Wasi, from Dhaka. I am 18. A bit hotheaded!
It's the best fan site of the cricketing world. Go BC go!!!

BANTigress
April 16, 2007, 04:46 AM
hi mmm i thnk m da female youngest memeber lol.. i live in uk london age 16, name tabassum(short Tabu), i like cricket i ws thinking of joinin dis forum for long tym kintu shahosh hoini karon ekhane prai chele..ajke shahosh kore join korlam...btw i must dis is da best bangladesh cricket forums luv it!!!!!!!!!! Go tiger Go!!!!

frm
Tabu

Pak_rox
April 16, 2007, 06:49 AM
I'm Zoya a paki girl & i live in germany , 15 yrs old , & a big fan of cricket obviosly PAKISTAN CRICKET , bt when pak lose their matches like in this WC i do support bangladesh

Tigers_eye
April 16, 2007, 12:26 PM
Welcome Wasi, Yasin, Zoya, Aftab, Tabu, Stuge, Asif, Dogder, BillaG, Jawaad.

Hope all of you enjoy your stay. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts as long as those comply the forum rules. Great to have you here.

BANTigress
April 21, 2007, 03:30 PM
Welcome Wasi, Yasin, Zoya, Aftab, Tabu, Stuge, Asif, Dogder, BillaG, Jawaad.

Hope all of you enjoy your stay. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts as long as those comply the forum rules. Great to have you here.

thnks...im luvin it here..banglacricket roxxxxxxxxE-)

Kabir
April 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
Oh shoot, didn't notice it here. Okay, now there's way too many people to address individually. So I'll just say collectively - Welcome to BanglaCricket guys. Look around, participate meaningfully, chit chat, and just be part of the best fan site in the net.

P.Warner
April 23, 2007, 10:02 AM
Sir

I am Pelham Warner. Having recently joined to forum I am delighted to be in the presence of so many young minds.

Kabir
April 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome to BanglaCricket Warner. Enjoy your stay. And thanks for the complements :)

reverse_swing
April 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
Welcome aboard Warner! I guess you are the senior most member of this forum. :) Kudos to you.