PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

mishu
April 24, 2007, 01:45 AM
hi i am mishu. from montreal canada. 21 yrs old.

Kabir
April 25, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hello Mishu. Good to have you here. Enjoy your stay, and try to rob Mahmood bhai's mansion in Montreal :)

Farhad
April 25, 2007, 09:48 PM
Dang! I didnt see this thread up until now, and Ive been in this forum for...well...a long time. Im Mahmoud (Probably should have chosen that as a Username to begin with, stuck with the lamest nick I could come up with at the time:head: ). Didnt really expect to stay this long, but Im hooked! Lets see....lived in Saudi Arabia for a long portion of my life, before coming here (in Boston) for a Graduate degree last year. Guess thats it. (Ive got a sad life, I know :)) Just wanted to come on to greet all the newer members of this great forum. Welcome aboard!:big_hug:

Signed,
Bd4eva (Ugh!):-P

layperson
April 25, 2007, 09:59 PM
Dang! I didnt see this thread up until now, and Ive been in this forum for...well...a long time. Im Mahmoud (Probably should have chosen that as a Username to begin with, stuck with the lamest nick I could come up with at the time:head: ). Didnt really expect to stay this long, but Im hooked! Lets see....lived in Saudi Arabia for a long portion of my life, before coming here (in Boston) for a Graduate degree last year. Guess thats it. (Ive got a sad life, I know :)) Just wanted to come on to greet all the newer members of this great forum. Welcome aboard!:big_hug:

Signed,
Bd4eva (Ugh!):-P

Hahahaha if you hate your nick so much and since you want to change it to your real name I am sure you can request one of the moderators or admins to do it for you. Just send them a pm with the request.:)

Farhad
April 25, 2007, 10:24 PM
Hahahaha if you hate your nick so much and since you want to change it to your real name I am sure you can request one of the moderators or admins to do it for you. Just send them a pm with the request.:)

Thanks dude. I actually considered that...But I think I should stick with this one for the sake of the other members. It gets confusing. Its sort of become my identity now, its what people on this forum know me by. I just recently found out that Agent Smith was actually Rubu bhai. As you can see, Ive followed this forum for a while now and, like many other "Guests" in this forum, was too lazy to sign up :p. Besides, you never know, the nick might actually grow on me...

One World
April 30, 2007, 01:30 AM
I am an old fan of cricket. I am currently in Tennessee USA working as an ERP Consultant. Yes it took me a while to find this thread. I started watching cricket since '87 WC. Yes, its almost like Vaas, Lara, Sachin grew up with me. Only the opposite is not true...cheers.

Also my nick is the title of a song from the album Brothers In Arms. Yes beside cricket I am a big fan of rock music.

AsifTheManRahman
April 30, 2007, 01:57 AM
I am 12 years old

so you lied about your age when you signed up? ;)

dang, i should be more careful about what i say :p

psj
April 30, 2007, 03:15 AM
Hi,
Iam 31 years old male,living in Bangalore,India.

Farhad
April 30, 2007, 07:48 PM
Hi,
Iam 31 years old male,living in Bangalore,India.

Im more than a month late, but...Welcome to BC:bighug:

tonoy
May 7, 2007, 07:09 AM
Hi all. 19 year male living in toronto.

zahid
May 12, 2007, 07:37 AM
Onekdin porey firey elam.

Vabsilam Ei Thread delete hoia gesilo.

Welcome all newcomers. Please keep posts sensible and don't mess about.

Dr Mokod
May 14, 2007, 07:32 AM
Oi dheko ami oile khub boro dhaktar, amar mhastar degree in medicen, ami khub bala oferashon kori, cricket injary bery cheap fic, ami zomin otha besi

oi dhekho ami sheesha khai

http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/90/3013/t/9908-Alcohol-is-illegal-in-Bangladesh-0.jpg

:saint:

Dr Mokod
May 14, 2007, 07:47 AM
o rebo ami abo shesh nai ami doctor plus lawyer kub doni manush amar gese lunghir business loile koyo ami kub cheap price di basimu kali 8 teka di mini scart lunghi oi deko
http://kalyanvarma.net/photography/travel/kerala2004/kerala_lungi.jpg

zahid
May 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
Someone BAN this DR Mokod :mad:

rubel_18
May 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
Hi I'm Rubel, I'm 18 and I'm new to the world of Bangladeshi cricket. I've only started taking proper notice of BD cricket team after the world cup so I might talk abt cricket with a bit of inexperience.:wave:

adel
May 21, 2007, 05:51 AM
welcome Rubel...
whether you're a reader (as I most definetly am) or a poster you'll definetly enjoc your time here at BC...

Kabir
May 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
Welcome to BanglaCricket Rubel. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Ganguly da
May 29, 2007, 02:14 AM
I just discovered this thread!

ok, well I'm 23, currently in medical college, pursuing neurosurgery in pediatrics....I'm 1/3 bengali and 1/3 persian and 1/3 punjabi....(ya i know wierd)...I live in austin, texas, usa however, I was born in Kolkata.

ps: i love banglacricket, and I'm fluent in bangla :-P

Bengaliprince176
May 30, 2007, 04:41 PM
a bit late...... 15 (16 on 17th june!!) live in Nottingham UK, born in kolkata. 3/4 West Bengali, 1/4 EAst Bengali (grandfather's time). always bin a fan of bangladesh (after India), the usal bias between bengalis. been here for a while and im enjoyin convos with many posters here.

btw ganguly da, im not takin the piss, but is it possible to be a 1/3 bengali(or whatever)??

Ganguly da
May 30, 2007, 05:17 PM
a bit late...... 15 (16 on 17th june!!) live in Nottingham UK, born in kolkata. 3/4 West Bengali, 1/4 EAst Bengali (grandfather's time). always bin a fan of bangladesh (after India), the usal bias between bengalis. been here for a while and im enjoyin convos with many posters here.

btw ganguly da, im not takin the piss, but is it possible to be a 1/3 bengali(or whatever)??

well one of my parents is mixed...hence..that fraction...not sure if its accurate but whatever...lol

BonBon
May 31, 2007, 11:42 AM
It took me so long to come by this thread!! BonBon is notmy real name..I call my 5 yr old by that. I am 36 yr old, professor by profession and like to act as 26yrs old.

Fazal
May 31, 2007, 11:52 AM
I am 36 yr old, professor by profession and like to act as 26yrs old.

wow 36 and still moving !!! I think you need to retire voluntarily. Or should we need "BonBon Hate" thread to force the issue?

btw is that your child in the avatar?

BonBon
May 31, 2007, 07:21 PM
wow 36 and still moving !!! I think you need to retire voluntarily. Or should we need "BonBon Hate" thread to force the issue?

btw is that your child in the avatar?

:lol: :lol:

I am having adolescence syndrome (forget middle age crisis) .. and feel no urge to retire (just like Habla). Contrary to Habla ... I am in full form, always.

No the avatar is not my boy..but I have a funnier pic on him with a melon. Cant share that..

I think all the mods hate me already because I enjoy pissing them off..

Kabir
May 31, 2007, 07:42 PM
I think all the mods hate me already because I enjoy pissing them off..

Oh, to some extent we all love doing that ;)

MohammedC
June 5, 2007, 07:37 PM
Just found this thread. I am 32 Bangladeshi currently working as Controller for a security company in east london, mad about cricket. Got interested in cricket after 1987 world cup. Played couple of games for my School in Nirman tournament (did not do well) was the captain for the last game. Last played proper cricket probably about 10 to 12 years ago.

Puck
June 12, 2007, 09:03 AM
i suppose i ought to make a post in this thread. just joined today. a good friend of mine pelham warner recommended the site a while ago. i'll probably post in the forget cricket section from time to time.

Antora
June 12, 2007, 05:33 PM
ok well im Antora as u all know!!!!
i am 14...I live in aus!!!! I luv cricket and music!!!

Xavier
June 13, 2007, 06:46 AM
As i have just passed the 1,000 posts mark I take my time to welcome all of you to the forum, enjoy!

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 07:05 AM
congrats on becoming a "test cricketer" bro ... i like your posts, kinda reminds me of being a hockey fan in the SF bay area before the sharks came to town.

Xavier
June 13, 2007, 07:08 AM
Thank you... it's kind of funny that I'm a "test cricketer" though I have never held a cricket bat in my hand!:D

When I joined the forum I really would have never thought I would stay for so long!

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 09:35 AM
When I joined the forum I really would have never thought I would stay for so long!

... >:)

Xavier
June 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
ehm... why the "devilish" laugh? what did I say wrong? :blush:

(should I add bangla-cricket-addict to my signature?):-D

Firoz
June 14, 2007, 06:51 AM
Hi guys new to the forums. Love this forum so much just like the tigers. I want to ask you guys if you know who going to show the ban.sl series. Is dishnetwork showing it.

Miraz
June 14, 2007, 07:07 AM
Welcome Firoz, we have a thread for new members to introduce themselves to the forum.

Introduce yourself (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=8&highlight=Introduce)

gatekeeper
June 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
Welcome, enjoy your stay.

al Furqaan
June 14, 2007, 08:43 AM
a hearty welcome...i remember when i joined up i was member number 336...i can't believe that BC now has over 5300 members!

akabir77
June 14, 2007, 08:59 AM
during game time you will get all the info and may be if you are luck some free links to watch it over net.

BTW welcome bro now you will be addicted to bc like most of us...

Kabir
June 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
Welcome Firoz bhai.

Right when I saw this name, I said, what the hell? My dad signed up? /:)

Fazal
June 14, 2007, 09:25 AM
Welcome Firoz bhai.

Then why you are callinng him Bhai?

Welcome Firoz Bhai. Hope your presence will keep my Bhaigna in Check.

Kabir
June 14, 2007, 09:28 AM
Then why you are callinng him Bhai?

Welcome Firoz Bhai. Hope your presence will keep my Bhaigna in Check.

Ki je bolen na mamu :blush:

Btw...sometimes I piss my dad off by calling him Kabir bhai :D

kalpurush
June 14, 2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome to our world!..and be ready for an exciting and enjoyable ride...:D

Rabz
June 14, 2007, 10:25 AM
Welcome aboard mate.

rah
June 14, 2007, 10:49 AM
Welcome Firoz bhai.

den dont call him bhai! lol
anyways welcome to da forum

Sohel
June 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
welcome bro.

Electrequiem
June 14, 2007, 02:20 PM
welcome to the forum mate.

shaon_DC
June 14, 2007, 08:11 PM
I have been following this forum since the world cup 07.The quality of the discussions really impressed me.And today I've decided to join.Hopefully it will be a good experience.

One World
June 14, 2007, 10:03 PM
I have been following this forum since the world cup 07.The quality of the discussions really impressed me.And today I've decided to join.Hopefully it will be a good experience.

Welcome and enjoy

the most things you can enjoy currently is

1. Heavy quality posting from Sohel NR - beware of the traffic
2. A big collection of agdum bagdum threads in forget cricket section
3. Chulchera bishleshon of BD's net practice
4. The unresolved mystery of BD's coach selection

You missed:
One too many player bashing threads but coming soon
fresh hot Srilanka Series

Trigger_Tiger
June 14, 2007, 11:10 PM
Salut! I'd be Wafi Sattar, 21, studying at Kean University in New Jersey hating life as it is because frankly studying takes the fun out of life!

I love music! My guitars is my first wife with whom I share a lot of sweet memories and have produced so many offspring which I would often perform on stage :love:!

Cricket is my 2nd and unfortunately our relationship is pretty one sides. The first time I saw her in '99 I fell in love with her and she never paid much attention to me even as I bowled my heart out in the nets. A few Nirman games and I guess that was it with me and her, but I still love her and that's why I follow her even here in the USA :love:!

She tries to stay away from me as far as possible and it is hard to find her especially during international matches. Either I have to buy the rights from websites to see her live and streaming beautifully every night, or come to Bangla Cricket to get the links to see her (and she deprives me of seeing her properly, darn the streaming :mad:!)!

In short, I am very corny and probably the only guy who despite being corny is cool. The Corny-Cool-Waffles as my friends call me here :-D!

Meh, beshi pechal partesi, expect many posts from me, that is all I can say :-|.....This is my 50th post of the day so *:-D hehehehehehehe :-D*!!!!!

You'd love it bro.....you'd get addicted, I've just recently been checking out the "Forget Cricket" section and that is a refreshing part of the forum where you'd love posting/reading stuff when you've just have had ENOUGH of cricket :)!

Enjoy your stay :saint:!!!!

Ganguly da
June 15, 2007, 12:40 AM
i avg about 5 posts per day...never thought that would happen...as a non-bd member

Electrequiem
June 15, 2007, 12:42 AM
i avg about 5 posts per day...never thought that would happen...as a non-bd member

BanglaCricket is like [insert addictive substance here] :)

Great to have you here, mate!

Rabz
June 16, 2007, 06:30 AM

Wow, u r doing much better than me....
im hovering around 3.6-3.8 per day.....
wish i could spend more time here....

Great to have u mate...
i bet you hv grown ur skin quite thick since joining here...
since our fav punchbag is india....

TripleR
June 16, 2007, 08:43 AM
Oh at last got the thread I wanted.

Okay I'm Refaya Rezwan & 17. :wave:I'm not a cric player but love it very much, my mom used to play & she was in the squad that played in Eden Garden years ago. So our family's cric freak one...haha.
I also like chess, played some tournaments too but had to give up for study.Oh & I just passed SSC this year, not to mention got a G.P.A.5:-D.
I already like this forum....hope to be regular.

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 08:45 AM
Welcome Triple R to BanglaCricket.

Enjoy your stay.

Nafis_BD
June 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
Welcome to BC bhaiya!!!

I guarranty you would enjoy your stay at BC!!!

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 09:27 AM
Welcome to BC bhaiya!!!

Refaya is a girl. Miya, tumi r shudraila na :)

Welcome to BC Refaya. Enjoy your stay.

MohammedC
June 16, 2007, 09:37 AM
Welcome Triple R. Since you are from Dhaka any news you hear about BD please Share with us

Nafis_BD
June 16, 2007, 09:41 AM
Refaya is a girl. Miya, tumi r shudraila na :)

Welcome to BC Refaya. Enjoy your stay.

Are bhaiya ami jaan tam naki.Sorry apu.Welcome to BC apu!!!

TripleR
June 16, 2007, 09:41 AM
Haha....Nafis_BD.....u mistook me as a boy....okay I guess Rezwan's a bit confusing
Thnx for welcoming me everyone.
@mo1974.....alright then as u wish.

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 10:33 AM
Actually, it's the first time I heard the name Refaya. I like it, sounds sweet :)

Anyway, it's good that you've got a different nick, for obvious reasons.

tonoy
June 16, 2007, 10:38 AM
Hi tripleR! My name is tonoy. It looks like you can spell. Now thats a first for a female in BC.

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
Actually, it's the first time I heard the name Refaya. I like it, sounds sweet :)

Kabir, I have got the phone number of someone you know.....

Will give the link of this thread. :)

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 10:59 AM
Kabir, I have got the phone number of someone you know.....

Will give the link of this thread. :)

Kakku, no probbies, go ahead. She doesn't care, coz both myself and her, we love sweet names...and she knows you quite well too ;)

TripleR
June 16, 2007, 03:22 PM
Hi tripleR! My name is tonoy. It looks like you can spell. Now thats a first for a female in BC.
Okay now what does that supposed to mean? U think girls from BD can't spell?

@Kabir.....thnx it's an uncommon name,it's arabic,means 'the most honorable position'.....haha.....I'm seeking that position now.

Electrequiem
June 16, 2007, 03:26 PM
Funny, I posted here before ... but never introduced myself.

I am Tamzid, 17, from Miami. Only thing between me and College is my Senior Year in high school ... due to start in August. I joined after BD's slaying of the Aussies, posted few things, and then totally went out of the radar for a whole year or so. I've made my return during the World Cups, and I am here to stay :)

One World
June 16, 2007, 04:31 PM
Funny, I posted here before ... but never introduced myself.

I am Tamzid, 17, from Miami. Only thing between me and College is my Senior Year in high school ... due to start in August. I joined after BD's slaying of the Aussies, posted few things, and then totally went out of the radar for a whole year or so. I've made my return during the World Cups, and I am here to stay :)

hmm and i was so eagerly looking for it. cool boy. :up:

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 07:28 PM

Stay here for a few days, and look at some of our female members' posts, and you'll know what he means. Oh well, that's stereotyping though.

@Kabir.....thnx it's an uncommon name,it's arabic,means 'the most honorable position'.....haha.....I'm seeking that position now.

Go ahead, snatch that position away from...emm, the admins? ;)

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 07:30 PM
I am Tamzid, 17, from Miami. Only thing between me and College is my Senior Year in high school ... due to start in August.

Too late to welcome you I guess. But well, good to know about you Tamzid. This is also an uncommon name! Bangladeshi?

and then totally went out of the radar for a whole year or so. I've made my return during the World Cups, and I am here to stay :)

It's good to take a haitus someitmes. I wonder when I'll take one...this place is just too difficult to avoid, I guess :)

Antora
June 16, 2007, 07:33 PM

i think he means most chickz here rite in msn version!!!! eg. me!!!!! lol

Electrequiem
June 16, 2007, 08:44 PM
Too late to welcome you I guess. But well, good to know about you Tamzid. This is also an uncommon name! Bangladeshi?

It's good to take a haitus someitmes. I wonder when I'll take one...this place is just too difficult to avoid, I guess :)

Bangladeshi to the core, Kabir bhai :flag: . I am surprised you find my name uncommon ... I have met at least three in BD myself. One of them was named after me :). His mom lived next door, and would always hear my mom call me, by my name, to get back inside the house when I stayed out too long. Guess overexposure to my "name-calling" made her like my name, and she named her son "Tamzid."

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2007, 09:04 PM

check out fab, stumped, fwullah, mon, reinausagi and afrina.

don't be hatin' on 'em ladies. :)

TripleR
June 17, 2007, 02:05 AM
i think he means most chickz here rite in msn version!!!! eg. me!!!!! lol

Oh....rotfl.....I don't usually write that way....

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 02:08 AM
Oh....rotfl.....I don't usually right that way....

Then what was "rotfl" and "right" :confused:?????

Rabz
June 17, 2007, 08:12 AM
A warm welcome to all the newcomers,
TripleR, Electrequiem, Nafis_BD, AsifTheManRahman :-p
oh...thukku...ATMR... u r a old one..arent ya mate??/

To the newbies...enjoy ur stay here, im sure u'll love this place.

Miraz
June 17, 2007, 08:14 AM
A warm welcome to all the newcomers,
TripleR, Electrequiem, Nafis_BD, AsifTheManRahman

Welcome Sydney.

Enjoy the forum.

:)

Nafis_BD
June 17, 2007, 08:25 AM
Yes, welcome to everyone!!!

Rabz
June 17, 2007, 09:35 AM
Welcome Sydney.

Enjoy the forum.

:)

Oh...thank you Miraz Bhai...
it was long long over-due...

finally someone welcomed me into the forum....
now i feel a part of this group...:-D

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks a lot folks! Feels great to be formally "welcomed."

Omio
July 16, 2007, 06:42 PM
check out fab, stumped, fwullah, mon, reinausagi and afrina.

don't be hatin' on 'em ladies. :)
Fwullah, is she girl,
i didnt know,:confused:

Omio
July 16, 2007, 06:44 PM
Warm wellcome to Antora, Nafis_bd, Refaya,

Dhruvo
July 17, 2007, 05:38 AM
I am 11 years old,my gender is male,I love to play cricket and football with my friends ,I live in royal commission in saudi arabia and I will soon shift to toronto canada.Shahriar nafees is my favourite player I even took his aytograph and also talked with him,Man mashrafe is kind'a rude you know I once talked with him but he was like yeah whatever.My name is Dhrubo .I average
20+ post's per day.

Omio
July 17, 2007, 07:40 AM
I am 11 years old,my gender is male,I love to play cricket and football with my friends ,I live in royal commission in saudi arabia and I will soon shift to toronto canada.Shahriar nafees is my favourite player I even took his aytograph and also talked with him,Man mashrafe is kind'a rude you know I once talked with him but he was like yeah whatever.I average
20+ post's per day.
arre, eto dekhi sob theke pichhi,
Anyway, WC,
Enjoy the forum

Sohel
July 17, 2007, 11:40 AM
Hi there, I'd like to introduce myself today, July 17th, on my 40th birthday.

I grew up in Dhaka, suburban DC and Paris, and lived most of my life in Northern California before moving back to Dhaka for good in 2002.

I enjoy living in Bangladesh (especially since 11/1), reading, writing, travelling, running, surfing and spending time here in BC.

Kabir
July 17, 2007, 11:44 AM
Happy Birthday Sohel bhai...
Do I need to welcome you again? You've got almost the same number of posts like me :)

Tigers_eye
July 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
Hi there, I'd like to introduce myself today, July 17th, on my 40th birthday.

I grew up in Dhaka, suburban DC and Paris, and lived most of my life in Northern California before moving back to Dhaka for good in 2002.

I enjoy living in Bangladesh (especially since 11/1), reading, writing, travelling, running, surfing and spending time here in BC.
Did you pick that up in Cal? Isn't cox bazar infested by sharks? You are a brave sole.

Sohel bhai,
Salam. We are grateful to have you.

Sohel
July 17, 2007, 11:56 AM
Did you pick that up in Cal? Isn't cox bazar infested by sharks? You are a brave sole.

Yes I did. Cox's is not really surfable, although areas around Inani Beach offer decent waves on occasion. Areas around Kuakata are not that bad. I do most of my surfing in Indonesia whenever I have the chance.

Tigers_eye
July 17, 2007, 12:01 PM
Kakku ...and she knows you quite well too ;)
Excellent come back. hobey hobey tomader diye hobey!!

Ahlan wa sahelan; to those who I didn't welcome before.

Dhruvo
July 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
arre, eto dekhi sob theke pichhi,
Anyway, WC haider,
Enjoy the forum
Thank you for the welcome.

Ahmed_B
July 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
Hmmmm.... so many new members all around of all ages. :)

Great to see .... and welcome aboard everyone!

Ehsan
July 17, 2007, 01:25 PM
I am 11 years old,my gender is male,I love to play cricket and football with my friends ,I live in royal commission in saudi arabia and I will soon shift to toronto canada.Shahriar nafees is my favourite player I even took his aytograph and also talked with him,Man mashrafe is kind'a rude you know I once talked with him but he was like yeah whatever.My real name is *bleep* and nickname dhrubo.I average
20+ post's per day.

At first, welcome to BC. Only 11 years old? Aww. 11 Years ago I was your age.;)

Moving to Toronto? Great! When?

Masrhare is rude? News to me. What were you talking to him aboutt? I hope you did not dare to give him your "tips". :)

Nafis_BD
July 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
Hey bigfan welcome to BC!! Hah you are just 1 year younger then me!!:)
Mashrafee being rude?? I have met him and he was really nice to me!! Enjoy your stay!!!

Dhruvo
July 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
At first, welcome to BC. Only 11 years old? Aww. 11 Years ago I was your age.;)

Moving to Toronto? Great! When?

Masrhare is rude? News to me. What were you talking to him aboutt? I hope you did not dare to give him your "tips". :)
thanks for the welcome,
I am moving to canada in october 1st 2007.
No,that day mashrafe scored 51 off just 30 balls so I went to take his autograph in that stadium,also some people were trying to take his autograph etc.I just asked him for an autograph and he said what? really to be serious mashrafe's kindda dumb:D .

Dhruvo
July 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
Hey bigfan welcome to BC!! Hah you are just 1 year younger then me!!:)
Mashrafee being rude?? I have met him and he was really nice to me!! Enjoy your stay!!!
thanks for the welcome nafis_bd.

FaRHaN
July 18, 2007, 09:54 AM
Name:Farhan
Profession : U-16 Friends Club
What Am I doin Here: Partyin :P

!.IshmamM!
July 18, 2007, 10:53 AM
Name: Da Names Ishmam
Cricket Status: Kicked *** Of all at ma Street and Play For Ma School
Reason For Bein Hea: Idk. Have to do something when I am bored. Duh

Dhruvo
July 18, 2007, 10:55 AM
Name:Farhan
Profession : U-16 Friends Club
What Am I doin Here: Partyin :P
Welcome farhan in bc ,enjoy the forum.:D

Dhruvo
July 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
Name: Da Names Ishmam
Cricket Status: Kicked *** Of all at ma Street and Play For Ma School
Reason For Bein Hea: Idk. Have to do something when I am bored. Duh
welcome I hope you enjoy the forum.:D

!.IshmamM!
July 18, 2007, 11:00 AM
welcome I hope you enjoy the forum.:D

Thanks 4 Da Welcome :D

Miraz
July 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
Welcome !.IshmamM

fanx 4 cumin hea

njoy ur sta!!

!.IshmamM!
July 18, 2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks Man :D

Ehsan
July 18, 2007, 02:02 PM
Humble request to all new members to use proper english while posting rather than the "chat language". Thanks.

Tigers_eye
July 18, 2007, 02:07 PM
Welcome !.IshmamM

fanx 4 cumin hea

njoy ur sta!!
Yo! wat up G?
enway, me nid som sms lesn. tel me when u offa that? i'd also enrol Ehsan Bhaia in it.

me failed. tis suxs.

Fazal
July 18, 2007, 02:11 PM
fanx 4 cumin hea
njoy ur sta!!.

Yo! wat up G?
enway, me nid som sms lesn. tel me when u offa that? i'd also enrol Ehsan Bhaia in it.
me failed. tis suxs.

Khaise... notun Pagoleyee Bhat Pai na... Purno Pagoler abar Ana guna.

!.IshmamM!
July 18, 2007, 11:25 PM
Will keep that it in Mind Ehsan

shehani
July 18, 2007, 11:49 PM
Hi Url,

My Name is Shehani, 19, N I'm from Sri Lanka....... I'm a die hard Crick fan......

N I'm a lover of Bangla cricket n ur playerz (Mortaza specially):flag: .......

I guess this is enough!!!

Tc url,

~shehani~

Kabir
July 18, 2007, 11:52 PM
So you found the thread...good :)

Welcome again.

shehani
July 18, 2007, 11:56 PM
So you found the thread...good :)

Welcome again.

yeap!!! thanx for letting me know Kabir:lol:

Rifat
July 19, 2007, 12:07 AM
i love the fact that there are supporters of Bangladesh from people other than Bangladesh. good to know

shehani
July 19, 2007, 12:20 AM
i love the fact that there are supporters of Bangladesh from people other than Bangladesh. good to know

well the reason why i love Bagla cricket is coz url have a very genuine cricket sqaud..... plus a good fan base....

Dhruvo
July 19, 2007, 05:38 AM
Hi Url,

My Name is Shehani, 19, N I'm from Sri Lanka....... I'm a die hard Crick fan......

Tc url,

~shehani~
Welcome to bc enjoy your stay shehani.

shehani
July 19, 2007, 08:30 AM
Welcome to bc enjoy your stay shehani.

Thanx yaar;)

Rabz
July 19, 2007, 09:08 AM
A very warm welcome to all the newbies.

Gawd, this place is making me feel old now.
All pre-teen and teenagers....letting me go back to the days again....

Dis place is da bomb!!
Me lykz it hea.

shehani
July 19, 2007, 11:38 AM
A very warm welcome to all the newbies.

Gawd, this place is making me feel old now.
All pre-teen and teenagers....letting me go back to the days again....

Dis place is da bomb!!
Me lykz it hea.

:confused: old = 25:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nafis_BD
July 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
Hi Url,

Tc url,

~shehani~

Well welcome to BC apu/bhaiya(Sis/bro)!!
Hope you enjoy ur stay!!:)

Nafis_BD
July 19, 2007, 11:54 AM

comparing to me it's old!! 12 compared to 25:)!!

shehani
July 19, 2007, 11:55 AM
Well welcome to BC apu/bhaiya(Sis/bro)!!
Hope you enjoy ur stay!!:)

Thank You Nafis:saint:

Electrequiem
July 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
I welcome all the new members to BanglaCricket, both Bangladeshis and our friends from abroad.

Shehani, if I am not mistaken, the women in your avatar are Mahela's and Kumara's wives, right?

Dhruvo
July 19, 2007, 03:38 PM
comparing to me it's old!! 12 compared to 25:)!!
yup 11 compared to 25 yes old :D .

Rabz
July 19, 2007, 08:44 PM

Yes my friend.
Most of the newcomers recently are 11,12,14, 15,17 or hardly 19-20 years of age, which is good for the forum as it diversifies our perception points but as someone turning 26 very very soon, it does make me feel old(er).

On one side of the spectrum, we have big bosses like Dr Z.,Tigers_Eye, Chinaman, Kalpurush, Miraz...
on the other side we have Big fan,Nafis_BD,Antora and et all.

Im just in the median age.

layperson
July 19, 2007, 10:34 PM
I would love to know how old the oldest member in BC is. (for the smart ones, by oldest I mean by age not by duration of stay in BC). :)

Kabir
July 19, 2007, 11:25 PM
I would love to know how old the oldest member in BC is. (for the smart ones, by oldest I mean by age not by duration of stay in BC). :)

Layperson uncle...although he's evergreen, the day that he first saw this world was 80 years ago...bracket e -55 ase.

layperson
July 19, 2007, 11:53 PM
Layperson uncle...although he's evergreen, the day that he first saw this world was 80 years ago...bracket e -55 ase.

Sir amar boyosh baran keno ? Bracket e -56. :D

Kabir
July 20, 2007, 12:01 AM
Haha. Good one...taar mani tumi hoila amar theika -1 ;)

Sohel
July 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
shehani,

Pleasure to have you aboard sis. You and your compariots add more class to BC ... much to their credit, a couple of trolls of Indo-Pak variety have learned a lot from yawl ... :)

Omio
July 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
WC shehani,,
hope u wont be disappear after bd v sri series,

shehani
July 24, 2007, 10:35 AM
shehani,

Pleasure to have you aboard sis. You and your compariots add more class to BC ... much to their credit, a couple of trolls of Indo-Pak variety have learned a lot from yawl ... :)

:) :) :)

shehani
July 24, 2007, 10:36 AM
WC shehani,,
hope u wont be disappear after bd v sri series,

no i won't:wave:

bideshibou
July 31, 2007, 09:05 AM
I suppose no one will see this at the bottom of the thread, but I like to at least make the gesture of introduction when I join a new group...

Hi, I'm Marina, based out of Boston. My husband suggested that I join banglacricket to keep up on happenings in Bangladesh; he said the news on the current events thread was fresher and more relevant than I would find in American newspapers.

<<whisper>>I also know next to nothing about cricket. (Please don't hate me!) He's more the fan, but I figure it doesn't hurt to soak up a little something to keep up on the conversation next time he meets some of his fellow fans.

I'm very interested in the linguistic resources thread, and will be taking down some notes. I started teaching myself bangla 6 years ago, and haven't progressed very far (not enough exposure to native speakers, other than hubby), but I hope that the next time we visit Bangladesh, I can grab some lessons there.

During the day, I choreograph and teach dance, and do a lot of writing for myself as a freelancer and also for my NGO (dance and performance). For fun, I like to swim, read, and cook (and eat!).

Dhonnobad! <next time I post I'll figure out the bangla coding, so I can embarrass myself with bad spelling>

Marina

Sumon77
July 31, 2007, 09:51 AM
Welcome to BC, Marina. Hope you will enjoy your stay. Have a look at the forget cricket section. you may find interesting threads.

Rajowana
July 31, 2007, 10:10 AM
Welcome Marina In BC.
Enjoy your stay!!!

Kabir
July 31, 2007, 10:49 AM
Marina (apu),

I know exactly what you mean. Learning Bangla can be challenging, but trust me, it's not difficult in the end. My wife-to-be has already made a lot of progress, and she can communicate quite effectively, and understand Bangla when we speak.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay in BC. Do look around, and be rest assured that nobody will hate you for trying to learn about Bangladesh. Nobody will hate you for not knowing cricket either. If you participate, you'll know how welcoming our user community is :)

Have fun.

Dhruvo
July 31, 2007, 10:56 AM
Welcome marina apu/aunt to BC enjoy your stay.

Nafis_BD
August 1, 2007, 08:52 PM
Welcome Marina Apu to BC.
Hope you enjoy BC!!:)

Sidenote: WarWolf bhaiya, apu bolte bhuli nai!!:-p

MohammedC
August 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
Welcome to BC Marina
Enjoy your stay

brockley
August 8, 2007, 07:46 PM
I am an aussie thought i'd join up and chat cricket :smug:.
I belong to a number of forums,including my home forum www.cricketfansforum.net
Look forward to get associated with you kind people:big_hug:.

rubel_18
August 8, 2007, 08:21 PM
I am an aussie thought i'd join up and chat cricket :smug:.
I belong to a number of forums,including my home forum www.cricketfansforum.net
Look forward to get associated with you kind people:big_hug:.

Hey mate nice to meet u. Welcome to BanglaCricket and we hope u enjoy ur time here

tonoy
August 8, 2007, 10:35 PM
OH not another one. Oh just great. Just kidding. Welcome to the family.

Dhruvo
August 9, 2007, 02:12 AM
WC brocley,do enjoy the forums.
see ya.

Rajowana
August 9, 2007, 05:44 AM
Welcome Brockly
Enjoy your stay!!!

brockley
August 9, 2007, 08:22 PM
Thanx guys for your warm welcome.

Nafis_BD
August 9, 2007, 08:25 PM
Welcome Brockley bro to BC,
Enjoy your stay at this forum!!:)

Antora
August 11, 2007, 09:52 PM
welcome to the new commers!!!

carie
August 21, 2007, 02:02 AM
i'm carie, joyous most of the time... but also worries about everything and anything... lol.. some friends call me paranoid..

Antora
August 21, 2007, 02:04 AM
i'm carie, joyous most of the time... but also worries about everything and anything... lol.. some friends call me paranoid..

welcome to banglacricket!!!!! i hope you enjoy ur stay here!:saint:

Dhruvo
August 21, 2007, 03:01 AM
wc carie enjoy the forum i am sure you will like it here an 100% garuntee lol anyways feel free to post but post with quality

Rajowana
August 21, 2007, 05:14 AM
Welcome Carie!!!!!
Enjoy your stay!!!!!!

Omio
August 21, 2007, 05:49 AM
Wellcome Carie and Rajwana,

Dhruvo
August 27, 2007, 08:44 AM
Wellcome Carie and Rajwana,
lol rajowana apu is in bc for a long time so whats the need to welcome her :floor:,any ways i hope carie will stay in bc for a long time.

Rajowana
August 27, 2007, 03:11 PM
lol rajowana apu is in bc for a long time so whats the need to welcome her :floor

:floor::floor:True true lol...but thanks anyway lol:-p

Shaiful
August 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
:flag:Hi! I am new member to the website. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Shaiful and I am a big fan of Bangladesh Cricket. I bowser though BANGLACRICKET for long while. I never knew why i didn't join. Anyway good luck to Bangladesh cricket. I am looking forward met friends.:flag::flag:

Rabz
August 27, 2007, 11:34 PM
Hello Shaiful.
Welcome to BC.

There is a thread in "forget cricket" called "introduce yourself".
I think you would be better off introducing yourself over there and tell us more about you.

Anyways, hope to see you around and good luck.

Rabz
August 27, 2007, 11:36 PM
Welcome aboard all the new comers.
enjoy your stay with us.

Shaiful
August 28, 2007, 12:20 AM
Thank so i should be deleting this tread. But i don't know how. Can anybody help

ammark
August 28, 2007, 12:24 AM
Welcome to BanglaCricket Shafiul. Please familiarise with this forum's rules (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_forum_rules).

Dhruvo
August 28, 2007, 02:49 AM
welcome to bc shaiful and listen dont ever go away with 10,20,5 etc. posts go away with 10000000000000000000 posts my point is that dont dissappear all of a sudden okay

Rajowana
August 28, 2007, 05:52 AM
Welcome to Banglacricket Shaiful.Enjoy your stay!!!!!!!!

rubel_18
August 28, 2007, 05:56 AM
Welcome Shaiful enjoy ur stay!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaiful
August 30, 2007, 11:29 PM
Thank guy! Good to know there is bengali bother that enjoy the game of cricket as mush as i do. Thank for the comfort.

Antora
August 31, 2007, 06:42 PM
Thank guy! Good to know there is bengali bother that enjoy the game of cricket as mush as i do. Thank for the comfort.

welcome shaiful bhaiya!!!!!! (am i too late?)

Shaiful
August 31, 2007, 09:59 PM
Thank you! Anotora. I am just wondering why there are more quest than member evertime i browse though Banglacricket.com.? Does it hurt to just sign up?

Dhruvo
September 1, 2007, 01:45 AM
Thank you! Anotora. I am just wondering why there are more quest than member evertime i browse though Banglacricket.com.? Does it hurt to just sign up?
no its because most of our members have suddenly disappeared from this site and then we have some members who join but after joining they never post again,i mean whats the point of registering if you dont post right ?

Novo
September 18, 2007, 07:18 PM
Hi my name is Naziba nooren haider i am 8 years old and my petname is novo,call me novo,i am the little sister of Dhrubo,my fav player is tamim even though he didnt perform too well this series,i love cricket but not more than my brother he is cricket mad,i cant wait to make some friends here :)

sandpiper
September 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
welcome to BC novo. I fancy you are the youngest and cutest member of this forum :):)

Hi my name is Naziba nooren haider i am 8 years old and my petname is novo,call me novo,i am the little sister of Dhrubo,my fav player is tamim even though he didnt perform too well this series,i love cricket but not more than my borther he is cricket mad,i cant wait to make some friends here :)

Dhruvo
September 18, 2007, 07:24 PM
welcome to BC novo. I fancy you are the youngest and cutest member of this forum :):)
yeah and taking my place lol any ways novo my little sister welcome to bc,yes i am her brother :)

sandpiper
September 18, 2007, 07:32 PM
yeah and taking my place lol any ways novo my little sister welcome to bc,yes i am her brother :)

Dhrubo, I am smelling something fishy about the incident.....

Is it you disguising yourself ? /:)

Kabir
September 18, 2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome to BanglaCricket Novo apu. I think it's a record, coz I believe you're the youngest member of BC till date.

Enjoy your stay in this forum :)

cricket_pagol
September 18, 2007, 11:32 PM
Hi my name is Naziba nooren haider i am 8 years old and my petname is novo,call me novo,i am the little sister of Dhrubo,my fav player is tamim even though he didnt perform too well this series,i love cricket but not more than my brother he is cricket mad,i cant wait to make some friends here :)

Its pretty cool that 8 year olds are taking over BC!!! Novo welcome to banglacricket.

Novo
September 19, 2007, 05:38 AM

No it's not him and if it was him he would not tell he has a sister he could tell brother ,and does he likes barbie because my avatar is of barbie

Novo
September 19, 2007, 05:39 AM
Welcome to BanglaCricket Novo apu. I think it's a record, coz I believe you're the youngest member of BC till date.

Enjoy your stay in this forum :)

thanks for your welcome.

Novo
September 19, 2007, 05:40 AM

thank you bhaiya for your welcome

Novo
September 19, 2007, 05:41 AM
Its pretty cool that 8 year olds are taking over BC!!! Novo welcome to banglacricket.

thank you

Omio
September 19, 2007, 05:46 AM
WC Novo apu,

Novo
September 19, 2007, 05:54 AM
WC Novo apu,

thank you for the welcome omio bhaiya

Dhruvo
September 19, 2007, 06:11 AM

no bhaiya i am not disguising myself,my little sister herself requested me to register her name so i did it and if you read her posts you will clearly understand that its not me.

Bengaliprince176
September 19, 2007, 10:51 AM
welcome nova! have fun here

dhrubo this is funny- when my sis goes on pc- she takes 5 minutes to write a sentence at age 10!!! wonder what ur sis will b like?

Dhruvo
September 19, 2007, 11:31 AM

dhrubo this is funny- when my sis goes on pc- she takes 5 minutes to write a sister at age 10!!! wonder what ur sis will b like?
lol she types really fast for her age but still she is very very annoying.

Novo
September 19, 2007, 04:30 PM
lol she types really fast for her age but still she is very very annoying.

hey i am not annoying you are. :-p

Novo
September 19, 2007, 04:35 PM

dhrubo this is funny- when my sis goes on pc- she takes 5 minutes to write a sentence at age 10!!! wonder what ur sis will b like?

thanks for your welcome.

Antora
September 20, 2007, 04:38 AM

sorry for the late welcome!!!! omg sooooo cute and 8 year old!!!! enjoy ur stay lil apu!!!!:big_hug:

rubel_18
September 20, 2007, 05:15 AM
Welcome Novo, hope u enjoy ur stay here. by the way I think u hav broke the record for being the youngest member on BC, once again I hope to see u around on these forums for a long time.

Sohel
September 20, 2007, 06:08 AM
Another one ... awesome ... welcome to BC Novo.

Novo
September 20, 2007, 06:14 AM
sorry for the late welcome!!!! omg sooooo cute and 8 year old!!!! enjoy ur stay lil apu!!!!:big_hug:

thanks for your welcome antora apu.

Novo
September 20, 2007, 06:15 AM
Welcome Novo, hope u enjoy ur stay here. by the way I think u hav broke the record for being the youngest member on BC, once again I hope to see u around on these forums for a long time.

thank you for the welcome

Novo
September 20, 2007, 06:17 AM
Another one ... awesome ... welcome to BC Novo.

thank you for the welcome

Nafis_BD
September 21, 2007, 05:07 PM
Welcome to BC Novo apu. Record breaker.
Enjoy your stay!!

Novo
September 21, 2007, 05:11 PM
Welcome to BC Novo apu. Record breaker.
Enjoy your stay!!

thank you for your welcome nafis bhaiya and yes i have broked the record and i am happy for that.

Sumon77
September 24, 2007, 05:06 AM
Welcome to BC little sister. Enjoy the forum and dont fight with Dhrubo at home if you have argument with him on forum. :)

BD-Shardul
September 24, 2007, 05:16 AM
Welcome to BC little sister. Enjoy the forum and dont fight with Dhrubo at home if you have argument with him on forum. :)

:lol::lol:

Novo
September 24, 2007, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=Sumon77;552301]Welcome to BC little sister. Enjoy the forum and dont fight with Dhrubo at home if you have argument with him on forum. :)[/QUOTE

thanks for your welcome and i won't fight with dhrubo bhaiya but if dhrubo bhaiya makes me very angry then i will fight with him.:)

zainab
September 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
Assalam wa lai kum to one and all.
Mubarak Ramadan.

Hello everyone, my name is Zain, have been posting here for a while.
I am a female, will not disclose my age. I am not Bangladeshi, born in Guyana, South America. My grandparents emigrated from Persia and Uttar pradesh.
I have travelled extensively for the last 10 years, loved the Windians of course, but fell in love with the Bangladeshi cricket team since i saw Ashraful made his maiden test century in SL. My husband was on an overseas posting in SL at that time. i fell in love with Ashraful from that day. i have travelled to a few countries in the world to watch him bat, saw him in Cardiff, saw him in Guyana. in fact the Queenstown Mosque in Georgetown where they went for magrib prayers was built by my grandfather. He was brilliant there and you can imagine my joy also . My husband is also a Bangladeshi fan, loves and admire these young lads, but he gets mad when they throw away their wickets and do stupid things. I was also in SL recently and watched quite a few of the matches. Can you imagine my joy when he made that test century right in front of my eyes. i told him so, I alway stay at the Taj Samudra in Colombo when I visit SL, and fortunately for me, they were staying there. met them at the pool, where they were having a great time.
Met Ashraful there, he is a very shy person, but has a very sweet smile. Tamim and Mushy are two most outgoing guys, also Mash, who wanted to be another Wesley Hall. They were tickled to death that i am a Guyanese, knows about them so well and am so supportive of them, they told me that i should be passionate about WI cricket, because they are, especially Mushy. he is a Brian Lara fan. They are great fans of the W. I. great cricketers.
Anyhow, Ash has disappointed me so many times, but in spite of that I always pray that he achieves success, I have never been so passionate about any player as Ashraful, I do not know why? it baffles me that he can instill so many emotions in me. When he is batting, my heart is pounding. I am also very aware of his shortcomings and will not hesitate to point them out when I have to. i still think that he is too young to be the captain, but he should be given the chance. His rise from net boy to Captain of the National team is like a fairy tale. i am sure he has dedicated most of his life to cricket, and I feel that we still have to see more of this wonderful young man.
There, I have bared my heart to everyone and i feel better. My greatest wish is to go to Bangladeh and watch a match there when the home team is playing.

rubel_18
September 24, 2007, 05:38 PM
Welcome Zainab sister, hope u stay here for a very long time

Antora
September 24, 2007, 06:53 PM
welcome zainab api!!!

Omio
September 24, 2007, 09:16 PM
Welcome Zain, Enjoy the forum .

Nocturnal
September 24, 2007, 09:24 PM
wow!very interesting. Zain- enjoy your stay at BC.

PoorFan
September 25, 2007, 04:47 AM
Looks like we got a huge BD fan Zainab here on BC! Deserve a huge Welcome too. Only our 'fool's could do a little better!

:hairpull:

Dhruvo
September 25, 2007, 06:24 AM
Welcome zain apu to bc.

Kabir
September 25, 2007, 09:46 AM
Dang. I didn't know your name is Zain, and didn't know you're not Bangladeshi.

But really, I'm quite excited to see someone so passionable about our cricket. Welcome to the forum Zain...and I see you're already making yourself heard. Keep going :up:

And as for your love for Ashraful...this kid is actually adorable...it's just that he's been spoiled by giving early chances in everything. Now he needs to grow up and be a man. :)

Nasif
September 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
Zain, welcome to BC. Enjoyed reading your post. It really makes us proud when we see such foreign fans as yourself who follow BD cricket with so much passion. As for Ash, your obsessions will grow as his century grows.

Arnab
September 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
<whisper>I'm very interested in the linguistic resources thread, and will be taking down some notes. <next time="" post="" ll="" figure="" out="" the="" bangla="" coding,="" so="" i="" can="" embarrass="" myself="" with="" bad="" spelling="">

"Bideshi Bou" meaning you're an American married to a Bangladeshi/Bangla-speaking husband?

If you are trying to learn Bengali, there are some good resources on the Web. Here's a good introductory book, completely free:
</next></whisper>Introduction to Bengali : a basic course in spoken Bengali, with emphasis upon speaking and understanding the language (http://dsal.uchicago.edu/digbooks/dig_toc.html?BOOKID=PK1663.D6_1976)
<whisper><next time="" post="" ll="" figure="" out="" the="" bangla="" coding,="" so="" i="" can="" embarrass="" myself="" with="" bad="" spelling="">
It's written by Edward Dimock of the East West Center at Honolulu and should give you enough material to chew on.

</next></whisper>Or you can buy William Radice's "Teach Yourself Bengali". That one's good too. Radice's student and now colleague Hanne-Ruth Thompson has also written a similar book called "Essential Everyday Bengali".

Arnab
September 25, 2007, 02:57 PM
BTW, Marina, which BC member is your hubby? Shaad naki?

Sohel
September 26, 2007, 05:55 AM
Welcome to BC Zain, you're a good addition to our little world already.

I have similar feelings about our captain also BTW, starting from exactly the same time.

zainab
September 26, 2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks to all BC fans for welcoming a non Bangladeshi who is so passionate about the BD cricket team. I have been fortunate to have seen and met Ashraful and other members of this team, never knew about this forum until my return from SL, stumbled upon it very accidentally, was a silent reader, then decided to join. I was afraid to reveal my real identity, then i noticed that non Bangladeshis who supported the Bangladeshi team were in the forum, so I decided to reveal my identity. I have supported the West Indians in the past, but then I got turned off by their arrogance, then supported SL. When I saw this little fella Ashraful made his maiden test century in SL, I was hooked. I followed the team on and off due to living in different parts of the world, then became more passionate during the World cup. When Bangladesh won it's first match against India, I was just about to leave New Zealand to return to Canada. I went home to Guyana primarily to see the match against SA, and after that match I was ecstatic, especially about Ash. The people of Guyana fell in love with him, just like me, he was the most popular. My childhood home is just near the Pegasus Hotel where the cricket team stayed , many members of my family met them there, in fact they were so friendly to everyone and they are all gentlemen.
I hope that I do not hurt anyone's feelings with my posts, but even if I am wrong, I want to write based upon my own observations. I love this team and would so much like to see them succeed so badly. Win or lose, I will always support them.

Kabir
September 26, 2007, 07:52 PM
I hope that I do not hurt anyone's feelings with my posts, but even if I am wrong, I want to write based upon my own observations. I love this team and would so much like to see them succeed so badly. Win or lose, I will always support them.

Be rest assured, nobody will take your comments negatively. Fans must criticize. But good criticism is hard to come by. We may disagree on some things...but who said we have to agree on them either?

Make yourself comfortable here sis. It's home to all BD cricket fans, not BD nationals' :)

Zobair
September 26, 2007, 09:16 PM
Ramadan Mubarak to you too...your post pretty much made my day! Keep the faith sister...

Assalam wa lai kum to one and all.
Mubarak Ramadan.

Hello everyone, my name is Zain, have been posting here for a while.
I am a female, will not disclose my age. I am not Bangladeshi, born in Guyana, South America. My grandparents emigrated from Persia and Uttar pradesh.
I have travelled extensively for the last 10 years, loved the Windians of course, but fell in love with the Bangladeshi cricket team since i saw Ashraful made his maiden test century in SL. My husband was on an overseas posting in SL at that time. i fell in love with Ashraful from that day. i have travelled to a few countries in the world to watch him bat, saw him in Cardiff, saw him in Guyana. in fact the Queenstown Mosque in Georgetown where they went for magrib prayers was built by my grandfather. He was brilliant there and you can imagine my joy also . My husband is also a Bangladeshi fan, loves and admire these young lads, but he gets mad when they throw away their wickets and do stupid things. I was also in SL recently and watched quite a few of the matches. Can you imagine my joy when he made that test century right in front of my eyes. i told him so, I alway stay at the Taj Samudra in Colombo when I visit SL, and fortunately for me, they were staying there. met them at the pool, where they were having a great time.
Met Ashraful there, he is a very shy person, but has a very sweet smile. Tamim and Mushy are two most outgoing guys, also Mash, who wanted to be another Wesley Hall. They were tickled to death that i am a Guyanese, knows about them so well and am so supportive of them, they told me that i should be passionate about WI cricket, because they are, especially Mushy. he is a Brian Lara fan. They are great fans of the W. I. great cricketers.
Anyhow, Ash has disappointed me so many times, but in spite of that I always pray that he achieves success, I have never been so passionate about any player as Ashraful, I do not know why? it baffles me that he can instill so many emotions in me. When he is batting, my heart is pounding. I am also very aware of his shortcomings and will not hesitate to point them out when I have to. i still think that he is too young to be the captain, but he should be given the chance. His rise from net boy to Captain of the National team is like a fairy tale. i am sure he has dedicated most of his life to cricket, and I feel that we still have to see more of this wonderful young man.
There, I have bared my heart to everyone and i feel better. My greatest wish is to go to Bangladeh and watch a match there when the home team is playing.

afridi
September 30, 2007, 12:43 PM
Asalam Alaikum and hello everyone, i am saad hasan from rawalpindi and i just joined this place.. being a bangladesh team (and mohammad ashraful) fan i wanted to know more about cricket in bd so my friend tehsin told me about this forum and here i am!.. I love watching and playing cricket and apart from cricket am a football and Formula One fanatic... i wish to share and enjoy Bangladesh's journey towards becoming a cricket giant with you all and i look forward to have a good time here :)

ialbd
September 30, 2007, 12:56 PM
W' Salam and welcome to banglacricket brother Saad. You'll definitely enjoy your stay here with not only stuffs about Bangladesh cricket but also BC provides a neutral ground for all the India-Pakistan debates (haha.... just kiddin)....

welcome aboard....

Miraz
September 30, 2007, 01:33 PM
Welcome afridi to BanglaCricket.

Enjoy your stay.

Dhruvo
September 30, 2007, 01:37 PM
Asalam Alaikum and hello everyone, i am saad hasan from rawalpindi and i just joined this place.. being a bangladesh team (and mohammad ashraful) fan i wanted to know more about cricket in bd so my friend tehsin told me about this forum and here i am!.. I love watching and playing cricket and apart from cricket am a football and Formula One fanatic... i wish to share and enjoy Bangladesh's journey towards becoming a cricket giant with you all and i look forward to have a good time here :)
welcome to bc saad bhaiya,i hope you stay over here and keep posting unlike just disappearing and never posting again lol anyways enjoy your stay here !

afridi
October 2, 2007, 01:25 AM
thanks all. :D

Dhrubo: i dont frequently come online but i'll make sure i do post here and stay in touch with bd cricket, Inshallah.

ialbd: yea, that's one good use of this forum right there ;) lol

Rajowana
October 6, 2007, 06:59 AM
Welcome Afridi!!!!!
Enjoy your stay!!!

Nafis_BD
October 6, 2007, 09:58 AM
Welcome all the new-comers to BC.
Enjoy your stay!!

adel
October 6, 2007, 10:01 AM
What's up?!
My name's Adel...

Tigers_eye
October 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
Welcome all the new ones that I havenot greeted al ready.

What's up?!
My name's Adel...
what up!! welcome Adel.

rubel_18
October 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome afridi bhai hope u enjoy ur stay here, and stay here for a long time

Rumz_01
October 15, 2007, 10:35 AM
Big Welcome To Everyone!!

The BC forum is a wicked place to be, and the posts show hw friendly everyone is!! So enjoy ur stay, and have plenty of fun...
Jus like to add..

It's home to all BD cricket fans, not BD nationals' :)

very important!! lol

Rabz
October 30, 2007, 12:53 PM
A very warm welcome to all the new comers.
Enjoy your stay here.

zainab
October 30, 2007, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

It's home to all BD cricket fans, not BD nationals'

very important!! lol

I am not a BD national, passionate fan of this young, free spirited national team.
Have learnt quite a lot since i became a member and has fun reading some of the posts.
My favourites are of course Ashraful and little Rahim, when I watch him behind the wicket, he makes my day.

Kabir
October 30, 2007, 02:07 PM
My favourites are of course Ashraful and little Rahim, when I watch him behind the wicket, he makes my day.

Very well, so here it is. A pic of Mushy behind the wicket...I hope it'll keep making your day everyday when you see the pic :D

Mushy re mushy...ijjot rakhis re bhai

[edited as per Mijan bhai's request...but can't make Zain apu happy, coz it's not behind, but in FRONT of the stumps :(]
http://www.hindu.com/2007/03/18/images/2007031808511902.jpg

Original pic, which made Mijan bhai depressed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42805000/jpg/_42805121_cricket_416.jpg

Rumz_01
October 30, 2007, 02:09 PM
definitely made mine!

Tigers_eye
October 30, 2007, 02:10 PM
kabir,
I protest. Change the picture. Why do you have to remind the WC loss? If everyday I see this picture I will be grumpy all week long.

Kabir
October 30, 2007, 02:11 PM
This thread is meant for newcomers, not gurus. For gurus, we'll have a "make my day" thread...there I'll post your pic from the newspaper :D

Okay fine, I'll edit the post and change the pic, okay? :)

Dizzy
December 9, 2007, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone!

I am Isam, 23 years old. I am currently doing my undergrad in Economics from North South University in Dhaka.

Apart from studies (actually studies are a distraction!!), I play First Division cricket here in Dhaka and I am hoping to play Premier Cricket this season. Although it seems unlikely.

I started working for Daily Star in 2006 and since then, I have covered mostly cricket tours and local tournaments n leagues.

I have also captained NSU once (lost the toss and the match!!).

I joined BanglaCricket to discuss anything and everything that there is in cricket, especially in Bangladesh.

I would also ask the owner/editor of this site if it is possible for me to run a column or maybe a diary of this season. I haven't played NCL or Challengers but Insha Allah will get a club to play for, barring injuries.

Thanks for having me here.

Miraz
December 9, 2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Isam, Welcome again and it's mice to have you here.

You can simply open a thread titled "NCL diary 2007-08" and start posting your column there.

If you want to write for the front page, please PM me the contents and we will be happy to publish them after the required editorial procedures.

MohammedC
December 9, 2007, 02:23 PM
Welcome to BC Islam Bhai (Dizzy). Enjoy your stay and keep us updated about Bangladesh cricket. There is a already a ongoing NCL thread 9th National Cricket League- NCL Season Thread: 2007-2008 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=23997)

rubel_18
December 9, 2007, 02:51 PM
Welcome to BC Islam bhai, hope u enjoy ur stay here!!

Kabir
December 9, 2007, 03:28 PM
Welcome to BanglaCricket Islam.

You can certainly give us your writing, and we will try and push it through our editorial process. A column is not unlikely. Get involved, and start making posts and your thoughts. You'll definitely make your place here.

PM me or Miraz bhai if you need any help re. our editorial process and standards.

Moshin
December 9, 2007, 04:55 PM
I am Moshin Mahmud, sunni-muslim
I come from Sunamganj in Sylhet
I live in London, UK
I am 16 years old
I am currently taking my GCSEs
I love CRICKET!!! cricket mad:smug:
I started to like the sport in 2004
I saw Bangladesh play in the ICC Champions Trophy
I started to support them ever since, even though they were playing s***!
.... so I love cricket, come on Bangladesh :flag:
ohhhhh crap... i just read it NOW... only for newcomers.. how STUPID of me, damn sorry

Antora
December 9, 2007, 05:05 PM
welcome to BAnglaCricket Isam Bhaiya and Moshin Bhaiya!
enjoy tour stay :)

Dizzy
December 10, 2007, 12:25 AM
EVERYONE...

MY NAME IS MOHAMMAD ISAM... i s a m

Antora
December 10, 2007, 12:31 AM
EVERYONE...

MY NAME IS MOHAMMAD ISAM... i s a m

oops! sorry ISAM bhaiya,

Kabir
December 10, 2007, 12:32 AM
Apologies Isam.

Dizzy
December 10, 2007, 12:46 AM
That's ok. Apologies accepted.

RazabQ
December 10, 2007, 01:04 AM
Wow! An 8 year old??? Welcome Novo. Welcome Zainab, Dizzy, Afridi, et al.

Love the diversity.

cricket_fanatic
December 10, 2007, 03:04 AM
Wow!!!!!! I never knew this thread even existed and I'm not a newcomwer either. But I guesss better late than never. I am a 22 yr old bloke, starting the final year of my Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree @ University of Sydney next year. I am also working as an undergraduate Electrical Engineer at ABB Australia.

Cheers all BC memebers - old & new.

rubel_18
December 13, 2007, 02:10 PM
Very late Welcome cricket_fanatic!!!

Nafis_BD
December 16, 2007, 10:06 PM
Very very warm welcome to Zainab apu, Isam bhaiya, Mohsin bhaiya and a late welcome to Cricket_fanatic bhaiya!! I hope you enjoy your stay here at BC and never leave!!

Parisa
December 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
My name is Parisa. Have 1 twin sister but we are not 100% identical. Live in east london. More spiritual than religious. Not sure about the martial status. Studying tourism management.

Murad
December 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
howcome you are not sure if you are married or single? confusing:-/

Kabir
December 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
She doesn't know whether to delcare herself as Mashrafee's as yet or should she wait until he ditches her :D

Parisa
December 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
howcome you are not sure if you are married or single? confusing:-/

well in that sense i am single coz i'm not married...but martial status just doesn't mean whether u r married or not.....it also includes dating

Kabir
December 18, 2007, 03:07 PM
well in that sense i am single coz i'm not married...but martial status just doesn't mean whether u r married or not.....it also includes dating

Then why give hopes to our poor Mashrafee? Bechara, he's a pretty nice guy to play around with his heart.

Parisa
December 18, 2007, 03:13 PM
Then why give hopes to our poor Mashrafee? Bechara, he's a pretty nice guy to play around with his heart.

lol he would be a bechari if he didn't get married!

Kabir
December 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
lol he would be a bechari if he didn't get married!

Bechari? Hay Allah, Mash ki gender change korse naki? :(

Parisa
December 18, 2007, 03:16 PM
Bechari? Hay Allah, Mash ki gender change korse naki? :(

sorry sorry i meant bechara LOL LMAO

Antora
December 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
welcome Parisa apu :)

Fantastic
December 18, 2007, 08:16 PM
Hi,
I am kyle (I am of Bangladeshi descent and muslim). I went to Bangladesh couple months ago and fell in love with cricket.

Miraz
December 18, 2007, 08:25 PM
Welcome Kyle to BanglaCricket.

Enjoy your stay. :)

MohammedC
December 18, 2007, 08:28 PM
Well come to all of you who joined BanglaCricket recently.

_Rafi_
December 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
Hi I m rafi. I joined banglacricket 6 month ago but opened a thread just yesterday. I hope all u guys take it positively. thankyou all.

Kabir
December 19, 2007, 09:37 AM
Welcome everyone. Did you get your boarding pass? Then make yourself comfortable...we'll serve the champagne in a bit :)

Hope to see you guys for a long time here. Enjoy your stay.

Antora
December 19, 2007, 05:53 PM
Hi,
I am kyle (I am of Bangladeshi descent and muslim). I went to Bangladesh couple months ago and fell in love with cricket.

Hi I m rafi. I joined banglacricket 6 month ago but opened a thread just yesterday. I hope all u guys take it positively. thankyou all.

welcome to Banglacricket!:)