PDA

View Full Version : GOLLA

Mahmood
January 6, 2003, 02:02 PM
Some fans are trying to bring back Golla to the WC squad. Yesterday. they did a formal rally for Golla. They are appearently influenced from the success of Nannu Rally.

I personally think, Golla is not that vital to the current WC sqad as Nannu was to the 99 team. Right now, Golla is out of form and thus, Hannan and Rokon seems a better fit then him.

Orpheus
January 6, 2003, 04:06 PM
Hello...Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

I don't know whether it is a mistake or not - no one knows but I think Golla should be included in the 15 man squad. I think we can safely drop Ehsanul Haque from the team because we haven't really seen much of him. I would even consider Golla ahead of Hannan if Hannan didn't score that half century in South Africa against South Africa.
Apart from statistics, there is also a "moral" decision too. It is every players' dream to play in the world cup. The new and young players have much more time to play the WC. I mean if you get to play ODI, TEST, WORLD CUP before even turning 17 - what else is there to look for? I know Ehsanul is like 24 or something but experiencewise he is still a little kid whereas Javed is like in our hearts. So I really want to see Javed Omar playing in the world cup.
By the way, I am not saying if a player sucks and has been with us for a long time, we should pity him and give him a place in the WC. No, WC is not a joke!! But if it comes down to two or three players from which you can't say who would perform better or is a better player, experience should be given priority. SO FUCCK BCB!!!

DOORBIN
January 6, 2003, 04:15 PM
I am one of his storng supporters as well, however, whether a rally is justified --- that is debatable.

I think we should have confidence in the wisdom and judgement of selectors.

Emotion is one thing and SYSTEM is another thing. It's good to have confidence in the system. Surely the selectors have been placed in their positions for valid reasons. They have their qualifications. They have a job to do and they have done their job. Surely they have done their evaluations properly, considering the pros and cons.

DISCIPLINE is important in life. Very important. The sooner we realise this fact, the better it is.

As a supporter, I am sure I will see Javed Omar many more times in the future. He WILL come back, and the selectors will be happy to invite him back. He is certainly one of the cricket stars Bangladesh has produced.

Orpheus
January 6, 2003, 04:33 PM
author: DOORBIN
As a supporter, I am sure I will see Javed Omar many more times in the future. He WILL come back, and the selectors will be happy to invite him back. He is certainly one of the cricket stars Bangladesh has produced.

Cricket World CUp is not like NFL, NBA or the baseball WORlD SERIES that take place every year and the LOSERS always say "we will get em next year" ex: Giants this year :( lol.

World Cup takes place every 4 years. I doubt if Golla will be in the next cup. Most likely not - with all the talented kids that are coming out of no where and ofcourse there is his AGE. So now you know why we should or why I am feeling bad...

[Edited on 6-1-2003 by Orpheus]

rafiq
January 6, 2003, 04:43 PM
people can rally all the want, the team is not changing.

and doorbin you will learn in due time how moronic our selectors really are ... it will all become clear soon.

Tehsin
January 6, 2003, 07:03 PM
Whether Golla deserved a spot at the WC is useless at this moment as the deadline has already passed to name the teams. Personally, I don't see why the deadline was set so far behind.
The faint opportunity that lies ahead for Golla or for anyone else is that this year they have decided to allow the teams to replace a player if he gets injured during the tour. I would have alllowed two and also set the deadline for January 15 or 20. I do realize that they have to set up the visa and other issues but still.....

I agree with Rajputro, Nannu was vital in 99 but Golla isn't vital to 2003. I support him and will keep on doing that but he is just off at this moment (so is Seezan and Hannan only beats him because Hannan isn't afraid to go after the ball).

fwullah
January 6, 2003, 10:39 PM
I don't think Golla will be too old for the 2007 world cup.

If he is a fighter, then he will be doing something mervelous in the 2007 world cup.

DOORBIN
January 7, 2003, 01:17 AM
But we will see him before then.

Assuming he is not in form for one day matches, he will soon regain his form and come back to the ODI team with renewed power and strength.

Plus he knows he has ardent supporters backing him all the way. That is a big motivation for any player.

His place is assured in the test team and he knows he is the Bangladeshi Gavaskar in the making. (as we already discussed in this forum)

All he has to do is to accelerate the run rate and challenge the selectors with his performance.

Javed won't be too old for the 2007 World Cup. Prior to that there will be many ODIs for Bangladesh. At least 30 - 40 ODIs in the span of 4 years between 2003 and 2007.

Orpheus, are you reading? I hope you are.

Now, can you please wake up and change your mood. Switch on to 'ROMANTIC' mode and go to MIDDLE ORDER. In this forum. Right now.

OK ?

Orpheus
January 7, 2003, 01:55 AM
Well Doorbin, I have followed your suggestion but with a twist. Instead of changing my mood and then going to the thread "Middle Order", I went to Middle Order and then ended up having my current mood. A SWING anyhow.

P.S. Focus on V.I.P gallery, I don't want you to get mixed signals....Anything goes these days.:P

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by Orpheus]

Tehsin
January 7, 2003, 03:50 PM
Orph .... Some people do mix up the two moods. Guys are usually showing your mood which are mistaken as 'romantic' - hey, it works for us. :)

Anywho, have to go find out how much kbs is charging for the WC package.

Orpheus
January 7, 2003, 04:11 PM
WC coverage...

Please tell us what you find out....I was looking for that too but couldn't get anywhere. The more details you give, the better it is....

James90
January 7, 2003, 11:11 PM
Over here they are showing all the BIG matches and considering that BD v Can is the first match i'm wondering if they'll show it. Now your saying Golla's too old Jesus you ppl are as bad as the selectors all this chopping-and-changing brings out pressure i think they should use the 15 from the World Cup squad in the year after and not bring ppl in unless injury....therefore ppl won't get dropped for 1 bad performance. As I said earlier Alec Stewart's 39 and he's still England's number 1 keeper

Pundit
January 8, 2003, 10:47 PM
What can you say, Hfan, we will, after all, oneday grow into what the selectors are currently - headstrong Bengali leaders, whoose vision goes as far as the next BD batsman taking guard on the popping !!

:(