PDA

View Full Version : Masri - How fit is he?

Mahmood
January 6, 2003, 02:08 PM
I am begining to get worried about the fitness of Masri. He is always sick. On the practice match, he didnt play coz he had fever/flu (???). Then today, he practiced and hurt one finger.

Is he playable? Can he really bowl 100%? Will he be able to play all 6 matches in the WC?

If any of those anser is no, I say, lets drop him. I dont want to see him ruin his career for just one world cup. Dont push this kid. He has many many games to come in his careed. Let him slowly recover and take it one step at a time.

Talha, Taposh, Monjur, Sujon will have to do for now.

Orpheus
January 6, 2003, 04:25 PM
Masraffe had stomach ache/upset stomach READ AS patla paikhana. This guy is Koofa...

I do agree with you Raj. If he is not playable, drop him - that way there is a place for another player...
I am not sure if anyone is pushing him or not. Doctors can only scan and say if all those HADDIS are alright or not. It has to come down to the player to make the ultimate decision. The problem is Masraffe will say that he is 100% fit even he feels that he is not. I mean who is going to wanna miss a chance in playing the WC? Even if I had a broken hand (let's say just broke 2 hours ago) and I was offered a place in the WC...I would say "give me the fuccking bat and I will show if I am fit or not"

rafiq
January 6, 2003, 04:33 PM
they just don't make them like that anymore!!

fwullah
January 6, 2003, 10:43 PM
I don't know about the rest of the players who have been playing for the national team in this last few months, but Mashrafe definitely needs to play all 5 games in Namibia and prove that he is fit.

Otherwise, I think Pilot will be forced to talk to selectors about this and ask for a replacement. (In that case Golla could come in :))

Tehsin
January 6, 2003, 11:39 PM
I am assuming that based on the assumption that BCB and it's trainers have learned from the past. Now, that in itself (suggesting that BCB LEARNS)maybe be enough reason for some of you to laugh at me (:P) but heck, everyone laugh at our cricket, why should I be different.

Mahmood
January 8, 2003, 02:24 PM
Again, on the last practice match, Masri started great, then hurt his calf muscle and went out.

Geez.