PDA

View Full Version : Asian misery continnues

Tehsin
January 7, 2003, 08:06 PM
Aussie seconds lash SL
AFP, Adelaide

Australia A handed out a humiliating hiding to Sri Lanka in a one-day clash here Tuesday, completing a 10-wicket victory in less than half the time allotted for the Adelaide Oval clash.
The match, billed as a day-night encounter, was over well before nightfall as Australia's second-string side skittled the tourists for 65 in just 25 overs of the 50 allowed in limited-overs fixtures before cruising to 66 without loss in 11.5 overs to win with 38.1 overs to spare.

Then, in an exhibition match of 25 overs a side -- arranged to give spectators value for their money -- Sri Lanka lost again, scoring 146 for eight wickets after Australia A made 171 all out to win by 25 runs. In the official fixture, Australia A openers Greg Blewett (28 not out) and Jimmy Maher (28 not out) were untroubled as they pounded the bowlers on their way to the small target.

DOORBIN
January 7, 2003, 10:18 PM
For some reason I believe one of the Asian teams will definitely be in the semi-finals. or maybe even in the FINAL...

In cricket you never know.

Traditionally, Asian teams have performed well in World Cup.

Remember the term CHHUPA RUSTAM ?

That applies to both India & Pakistan teams.

And Sri Lanka ?

Please don't judge them by their performance in Australia. The team is going through a transition. MAYBE they are just PRACTISING and doing WARM UP for the World Cup. But yes, of course, in that team, many things need to be reorganised.

But, as a general rule, in one day matches, Sri Lankans are always dangerous.

World Cup is definitely a perfect environment for a show of the sub-continental sporting glamour.

BANGLADESH BOYS, IT'S YOUR STAGE AS WELL.

PLEASE SHOW THE WORLD SOME KHEL.

DOORBIN
January 9, 2003, 07:58 AM
Latest news --

Sri Lanka beat Australia. Muttiah Muralithan back. Chaminda Vaas back. Two SL centuries in one game.

Sanath Jayasuriya -- century
Marvan Atapattu - century
Their total score was a massive 343.

Jayasuriya was man of the match.

Asia is JUST GETTING READY for the World Cup.

Mahmood
January 9, 2003, 11:33 AM
This was due to more of weak AUS than strong SL. It is a toothless bowling without Warne, McGrath, not ever McGill!!!

I saw the line up and before the game started, I knew SL was going to win.

DOORBIN
January 9, 2003, 12:34 PM
In that connection, I will say the same thing :

-- Australia also won some easy matches without Sri Lanka having Chaminda Vaas and Muttiah Muralitharan. TOOTHLESS BOWLING again....

No matter what, no matter who played and who did not -- the headline is Sri Lanka won. The truth is Asian misery has ended. Now just watch Sri Lanka go.....

India & Pakistan ?

They are also getting ready. Just keep watching.

It's exciting. That's why cricket is so exciting.

By the way, Rajputro -- I must say, you have a nice website. And a good combination as well -

KOBITA O GAAN O CRICKET

Mahmood
January 9, 2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks.