PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh World Cup Team won vs BCB Dev. ONLY BY 3 WKTS

fwullah
January 8, 2003, 09:33 AM
Would you believe it?

Bangladesh World Cup Team won today's one day match against BCB Development squad - a squad full of Under aged cricketers (that also includes 4 world cuppers) only by 3 (THREE) wickets!

BCB team scored 146 runs all out in 30 odd overs and then Bangladesh world cup team lost 7 wickets to reach the total in 30 odd overs.

And do you want to know the most surprising thing of all?

Ashraful playing for the BCB team scored highest 46 and Sumon - our very own Habibul Bashar Sumon scored 44 runs!

Mahmood
January 8, 2003, 10:56 AM
About time Ash and Sumon is starting to get back into form.

fwullah
January 8, 2003, 11:10 AM
I am certain that it was just a one match good performance by Ashraful and Sumon as they know that it is the last practice match at home - UNDER GOOD BATTING CONDITIONS.

Tehsin
January 10, 2003, 04:24 AM
We can't look at our players like our selector's (even though we did it before). I am growing to become more lenient.

I won't get too excited about someone just cause he did great one game - on the same taken, I won't drop them right away for 2/3 average/below par performances. For players like Ash and Sumon, they are going to come back sooner or later. With Sumon, we said before that it doesn't matter if he completely fails in local league matches or practice matches as long as he performs well in the ODI/Test matches. I still stand by that.

I am happy to see them score a few runs. With most of our players, they need a few runs to get back into the rhythem and to start to get back their self-belief. I say it's great that they scored those runs and hoping for many more to come.

Also, if they could really score at will -

they know that it is the last practice match

- I think they would have scored in other matches as well. :)

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by tehsin]