PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the top scorer and wicket taker of BD against Canada?

sheshprohor
January 14, 2003, 04:57 PM
HI All,

A cheelin welcome to the forum.

I was following NZ vs INDIA , last ODI yesterday. Indi was pathhhaaatic....I admit the pitch is not batting friendly. But the way their senior batsmen out.....we can easily point our neighbouring country to show the world where we get the tendency of 'khochakhuchi' an 'outside the stamp' ball. The commentators were blaming our traditional flat wickets, which make our batsmen confident @ home (except BD team .) and throwing their wickets in a different bouncy environment.
ANyhow.....India &&*$*& yesterday.

Now against canada, hmm...most of their successful bowlers ( davison,joseph ...) are off spinner. Habibul Bashar and alok kapali are my choices. Masrafee will be the leading taker to my opinion.

Prohor

fwullah
January 15, 2003, 08:24 AM
Tapash will be the highest wicket taker with the new ball
Monju will be the most economical

And, if Tapash can't take 5 wickets, then it will be either SUjon or Rafique taking 3 wickets - whoever gets to play in the Canada match.

And, no matter how strong or how weak the Canadian bowling attack is, Alok Kapali and Sujon will have to come in to bat even to get a single to win the match.

Tehsin
January 15, 2003, 04:01 PM
Like fwullah, I have faith in Tapash and he might come out with the best performance. Just cause Masri is faster, doesn't mean he'll get all of them. Especially since the Canadians might decide to just defend against him.

Rafique stands a god chance but not sure if they will play Sujon. I would. Sujon is Perfect for teams that are very close to our level.

As for batting. We might have to go all the way down to number 8/9 or even get all out (battiing first hopefully).

rafiq
January 15, 2003, 11:25 PM
bangladesh bowls canada out for 129 in 41.2 overs, bowlers all share wickets with no one standing out, masri rested after he pulls a muscle in the last namibia match.

in reply, bangladesh stumble to 23-3, ashraful scores a duck, but recover somewhat to win by 5 wickets; kapali scores 51, sujon remains 19 not out, including a sparking six in the penultimate over that floats out of the stadium.