PDA

View Full Version : Fight to the death - Zimbabwe Herald

Zunaid
January 17, 2005, 06:41 PM
Very interesting article from the other POV.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200501170410.html

billah
January 17, 2005, 07:30 PM
Good work, Z. So, the 30 some newspapers was an amazement to him, huh? No wonder we can hardly find anything on Zimbabwe cricket on the net, except for negative English propaganda and crocodile tears from the colonial bloodsuckers. I'm sure Zimbabwe media will catch up with the world, just as their cricket is doing under the great captain Taibu.

SunmAn
January 17, 2005, 07:37 PM
This guy thinks he is prince of weonderland and everyone should salute him every step of the way and making fun of being poor is the worst joke you can ever throw on someone! Hope BD players come up with a win today!!:flag:

CTazim
January 17, 2005, 07:41 PM
I wondered how he will react to Khodaboksh Mridha's comment about NKALA :).

Interesting and fair article. :)

capslock
January 17, 2005, 08:12 PM
This guy is not a very good writer. With its procession of short declarative sentences the article sounds like a 'Describe Your Summer Vacation' report by a 14 year old.

Nasif
January 17, 2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by capslock
This guy is not a very good writer. With its procession of short declarative sentences the article sounds like a 'Describe Your Summer Vacation' report by a 14 year old.

Thats exactly what I thought after reading the article. Very poor write up.

RazabQ
January 17, 2005, 10:00 PM
At the risk of painting a very very broad brush stroke - I wonder if this article is symptomatic of an Arfican writing style. Reading it I was reminded of Chinua Achebe.

As to his points - nothing new there - when I took 3 firingis earlier last summer to Bangladesh - their observations were the same. But I'll take that over anything else the world has to offer. Hajar hok amar desh shera desh.

Zunaid
January 17, 2005, 10:03 PM
Razab - you do a disservice to Chinua Achebe :)

Regardless of the style of writing - the perception of Dhaka to an unaccustomed foreigner is fairly similar.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 3:14 AM GMT, by Zunaid.

Zobair
January 17, 2005, 10:05 PM
Talking of Zimbabweans, I have enjoyed Pommie Mbangwa's commentary. He has been fair, and as unbiased as any I have seen around these days...and gives credit where it is due. Also he has a good knowledge of the game, and seems like a very pleasant and easy-going person. Athar Ali could learn a thing or two about staying relaxed from Pommie when his team ain't on their best foot.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 3:06 AM GMT, by pompous.

pagol-chagol
January 17, 2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks. Nice to see things through someone else's glasses.

Piranha
January 17, 2005, 10:24 PM
YEah...very interesting indeed. To be honest, bangalees do ogle at 'Kalo' people in a very rude way. Firingis are often treated much better.

It was a nice write-up. Its interesting to see it Bangladesh from the perspective of a Zimbabwean...or should I saw Jimbabwean.

kingroach
January 17, 2005, 10:37 PM
what a [].. reading this anyone without any idea about Zimbabwe will think, zim. is a wealthy nation just like america or japan and they just stepped into a filthy asian country.. Why dont he tell all of those overcrowded people atleast has works and can eat something at end of the day whre in zim. they are atill fighting civil war between tribes and many countries ban them because of their dictator govt.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 3:38 AM GMT, by kingroach.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 11:09 AM GMT, by pompous.
Reason: please keep it clean. Attack the message not the messenger. :)

cricketfan
January 18, 2005, 02:03 AM
Quite an interesting and well written article in my opinion.

bangloboy
January 18, 2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by capslock

True that. I give him a F+. Plus for the comment of us being a happy lot! Haaa, we might be poor but we are happier than the g-mbabweans!

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 10:00 AM
"And they are saying they are now looking at beating the other major powers- with India always cropping-up in most conversations."

hahahahaha