PDA

View Full Version : Should'nt we play Zimbabwe and Kenya more often?

oracle
January 18, 2005, 10:05 AM
Even though the 2 tier system is a derided concept in this forum it is still clear that playing teams like Zimbabwe and Kenya will bring increase our chances to notch up the table. As such, is it possible for the ICC without resorting to a 2 tier syetem, to create a schedule whereby Bangladesh gets the chance to play these 2 teams more often.

The first task would be top get Kenya test staus, which is a long shot considering their internal situation. But undoubtedly a healthy competition between these 3 teams is a good way to develop their competitiveness without losing the opportunity to play the more established teams.

I repeat this is not a 2 tier thread. :)

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 3:06 PM GMT, by oracle.

Ahmed_B
January 18, 2005, 11:08 AM
Hmm.. that would help our ranking/points much probably..
but frankly speaking that wouldn't be the 'Real Test' of our strengths/weaknesses as a whole..

Right now..I am quite happy with the way BD dominated through the entire seriese vs. ZIM's only except the 1st innings of Test-2.. but I have got even more eger now.. (after defeating India in ODI and having won this series).. eger to test ourselves against much stronger nations.. looking at the coming series ahead... :)
we are playing Englands next.. r we?

Pushing the BIG GUNS in test cricket on back foot or knocking them down with a win feels so great every single time!! :)

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 4:49 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.