PDA

View Full Version : Cricinfo is not India

chinaman
January 18, 2005, 10:34 AM
Guys, please do not call names with nationality. A handful of people never represent a country. Hateful comments towards a country instead of the offenders are extremely painful and unfair to the rest of their compatriots.

Cricinfo has many reporters with "Indian looking" names. But are we 100% sure of their nationality? Even if we were, it is not fair, the very thing we want from them in the first place, to blame a whole country just because we don't agree with some of it's men's views.

Please be very considerate and careful about commenting against a whole nation. Thank you very much.

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 10:34 AM
wow chinaman when was the last time you sounded so pleading? ;)

Ibrahim
January 18, 2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
wow chinaman when was the last time you sounded so pleading? ;)
I think it's due to test win and series win of BD team.

shaad
January 18, 2005, 10:47 AM
On a somewhat related note, can we also dispense with the racist slurs? I've noticed a few posts referring to the Zimbabwe players as chimps, particularly in the match threads. I can understand being excited as a fan, but seriously, how would we feel if someone called us similar names?

chinaman
January 18, 2005, 10:55 AM
That is totally unacceptable. I'll look for the posts and will take necessary actions. That is a large thread and may even take few days for me but rest assured I'll do that.

reinausagi
January 18, 2005, 11:00 AM
wow chinaman when was the last time you sounded so pleading?

ATMR is right. The normally bebrusque, bellicose, belligerent Chinaman is using the carrot instead of the stik. Perhaps he had some mishty left over from the Chittagong win.:)

On the other hand, I agree with all previous posts, this forum has far too much class to resort to generalizations and unflattering name-calling.

Ahmed_B
January 18, 2005, 11:56 AM
adding to it.. I hav always been feeling since I became a member of this forum that we really discuss what Crickinfo writes far too much than necessary... hence making it more important than what it actually is!

It's well known site... no doubt... but hei.. it's just another website, after all!... and there are so many like it!!

Wasting all our energies talking about it is worthless sometimes..!

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 12:16 PM
why give cricinfo the publicity it does not deserve eh?;)

ZaKi
January 18, 2005, 12:47 PM
ok guys, akta kotha boli... banglai boli.. coz bangladeshi chara onnoder bhujer dorker naikka....coz this msg only for Bangladeshi ppl.....

India pakistan or onno jekono desh er kothai kon nah ken... sob ek... baire baire jotoi khatir koruk vitore vitore amader mane Bangladeshi der moteo 2/4 chokhe dekhte pare nah... ter proman..? onek onek ase... only duita dei... Pakistan amnitei vab dekhai Bangladesh er koto apon/boro vai etc etc... but amra jokhon wc e oder ke haralam tokhon theke amra oder chiro sutru hoe gelam... koto kisui na korlo amader niye... last pakistan tour e paki commentrator ra ki korse sara jibon mone thakbe... ami & amer onek friend oi ak somoi pakistan support kortam cricket e.. after that series... almost sob friend ke dekhsi paki ke hate korte... & obossoi amio...
& about india ? amra pakistan ke haranor age ba pore amader ke koto khatir korto..koto dadagiri folaito... hahaha... but after last ODI.. jetate amra haralam oder....amon kono indian ki ase jara bangladesh ke 2/4 chokhe dekhte pare? ami ontoto akhono temon kawke pai nai..... so, sob bad den.... amra bangladeshi & always bangladesh kei support korbo... baki sob jahannam e jak... oder kothai ki jai ashe..... ak dik diye valoi hoiche... oder amon behave er jonno onek bangladeshi jara age pakistan, india support korto tara akhon totaly bangaldesh support kore.... hahaha
& jehetu Amader Bangladesh akhon onnoder moto jita suru korse so worry hower kisu nai... akdin amader team oi oder amon behave er uchit reply dibe..... already dewa suru korse.... Test e only 1 down... 8 will be down very soon... ODI teo to onek gulo down hoia gese... soon sob gulo down kore felbo... inshallah...
hotat amon msg post korlam keno jani nah... but cricinfo er bulletin pore & then akhane dui jaigai sober reaction dekhe...ses porjonto likhe fellam...
kisu vull likhle sorry chinaman......
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

AGC
January 18, 2005, 12:51 PM
Fully agree with chinaman. I've recently seen various comments about other races and countries which are truly unacceptable. Its only a handful who do this though.
Enjoy the series win guys and stop bothering about articles in a site!

al
January 18, 2005, 01:24 PM
sportsmanship spirit is the key. let's not meddle in the mud of nationality talk. cricket is just a game

BushidoTiger
January 18, 2005, 02:20 PM
....ATMR is right. The normally bebrusque, bellicose, belligerent Chinaman......

- I don't know what 'bebrusque' means..coudln't find it it in M-W either. Bellicose? Belligerent?? - Hope you're just kidding.
If not, I'd dare to say that you're out of line here.
This website, unlike a many of them out there, has one of the best run fan sites out there. The moderator has a job to do - to keep this site pleasant and civil for all of us.
On occasions, when they enforce those by laws, it was never to be belligerent or w/ a bellicose attitude. Chinaman is no exception.
On the contrary, I have found the sino friend to be a fair moderator.

Edited on, January 19, 2005, 3:38 AM GMT, by BushidoTiger.

chinaman
January 18, 2005, 03:11 PM
hehehe, don't worry BushidoTiger, reinausagi can call us anything she wants to as long as she doesn't break her teeth :)

CTazim
January 18, 2005, 04:10 PM
I bet reinausagi meant Barbaresque :).

Arnab
January 18, 2005, 05:16 PM
No she meant "Brusque". She started typing Brusque, but mistyped "be" (e is right beside r on the keyboard) first, then typed the whole word but forgot to delete the initial "be".

My other name is Holmes, Sherlock Holmes.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 10:18 PM GMT, by Arnab.

billah
January 18, 2005, 05:24 PM
Edited on, January 18, 2005, 10:54 PM GMT, by billah.

reinausagi
January 18, 2005, 05:27 PM
My other name is Holmes, Sherlock Holmes.

And Arnab would be right as usual....:) It's those darn acrylic nails women peer pressure you in to getting during the x-mas season.

BTW, I wasn't attacking Chinaman, he is this forum's conscience. Keeps me in line for sure.;)

Zobair
January 18, 2005, 07:11 PM
Thank you cm bhai! The timing couldn't have been better. As Bangladesh begins to do better, our fans will find their voice. And there will be inevitably a temptation to stick it up to those who have disparaged our cricket from every angle possible. I will just re-state here what can be considered the defacto motto of the moderators here:

"Attack the message not the messenger" :)