PDA

View Full Version : MoM & MoS

Mahmood
January 18, 2005, 08:43 AM
I am in shock to see Taibu became the man of the match and the man of the series!!!

Taibu scored 238, Enamul took 12 wickets (normally you can compare them by multiplying the wickets by 20 runs, making Enamul's contribution 240). Enamul had a 10+ wicket haul, which is as rare as a double century. Enamul had 5 plus wickets in both innings, which is equals to having century in both innings.

Why in the world Taibu is the man of the match.

And Man of the Series? Since Enamul should have been the MOM, the Man of the Series should have automatically been him, as the pretty much was the best player in both tests.

I have no idea Mahanama was thinking when he made this decision.

Tehsin
January 18, 2005, 08:49 AM
Mahanama was a batsmen himself. :)

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 1:49 PM GMT, by tehsin.

AGC
January 18, 2005, 09:04 AM
Man of the series IS Enamul!

allrounder
January 18, 2005, 09:30 AM
I think both Enamul and Taibu was man of the match together. I saw both of them going to the podium, cannot confirm though.

Mahmood
January 18, 2005, 09:32 AM
Check Player of the Series here (http://pluslive.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/ZIM_IN_BDESH/SCORECARDS/ZIM_BDESH_T2_14-18JAN2005.html)

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 09:34 AM
Let's get Mahanama blacklisted :cool:

AGC
January 18, 2005, 09:36 AM
I was listening live. Taibu got MoM and Enam got MoS. Enams speech was funny hehe. Hes a nice simple guy.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 2:37 PM GMT, by AGC.
Reason: Typo

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 09:38 AM
But cricinfo says otherwise though...so they dont want the world to know that a bangladeshi can be a MOS? lol

Mahmood
January 18, 2005, 09:38 AM
If CricInfo is wrong and Enamul was the MoS, thats much better. However, Enamul should have been MoM too.

If CricInfo is right, this is very unfair.

AGC
January 18, 2005, 09:42 AM
Thats a mistake on cricinfo. I remember the MoS interview. He was asked what did everyone say when you didn't get any wickets in the first innings of the first test. Enam replied, they said "you can you can you can". hehe.

mahbubH
January 18, 2005, 09:46 AM
Check here (http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState|0|-1|30|0|0|0|1|1%2f19%2f2005|1%2f17%2f2005|0|0|0|0|0 |0|0|0|2|bangladesh|-8193|0|0|0&p=7)

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 2:48 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

Ahsan
January 18, 2005, 09:51 AM
what do you expect from "CricIndo"?

Anyway, a big big congra to Enam and the whole team on this very success. Regardless what those naysayers and "cricindo" say.

AGC
January 18, 2005, 09:53 AM
Great pics!

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ISmacker
what do you expect from "CricIndo"?

Anyway, a big big congra to Enam and the whole team on this very success. Regardless what those naysayers and "cricindo" say.

It's "CracIndo" bro

Mahmood
January 18, 2005, 10:05 AM
Someone needs to blast a email to cricinfo for this.

rafiq
January 18, 2005, 10:08 AM
Enam deserves Player of Series award and I'm glad that was a typo. But I think Taibu fully deserves MOM. His 2 innings had greater impact on the direction of the game that Enamul's wickets. Over the 2 games, Enamul's performance was enough for MOS.

So I think the awards were extremely fair, and it would be mean of us to not want Taibu to get some recognition for his efforts to make this a highly competitive match (and his effort in both games).

What crackindo and conspiracy theories have to do with how these 2 players performed is beyond me.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 3:09 PM GMT, by rafiq.

Sham
January 18, 2005, 10:15 AM
Had CricInfo been right (which they are obviously not) about Taibu being MOS, that would have been unfair. But I think Mahanama got it spot on.

Raana bhai, Enamul's contribution might be greater statistically, although that 1wkt = 20 runs is quite arbritrary, but we have to look further than just the stats. Taibu's contributions, atleast in the second innings, coming in and finding his team at 30 odd for 4 and then not only affecting a recovery but even the way he batted with the tail-enders to takehis team's lead past 350 was quite something. I think Taibu was the man of the match.

Enamul's achievements are record breaking, so they speak for themselves and I am not trying to devalue them by any means. However, I feel that Taibu's contribution to his team was made in more difficult conditions and he led from the front, a magnificent effort.

As for the MOS, that was a no-brainer. Congratulation to Enamul.

While I am at it, let me also say a word about Nafees. I don't want to speak to soon because you never know with our guys, but he played an amazingly mature innings. You could tell that he wanted that hundred today, and he was willing to graft for as long as necessary to get it, in the process playing the most vital part in Bangladesh saving this test match. Bravo!

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 3:17 PM GMT, by Sham.

shaad
January 18, 2005, 10:25 AM
Enam certainly deserves MOS, but I think Taibu, both for his captaincy, and batting (the 85 not out knock in the first innings, the 153 in the second which, along with Taylor's 78, made up almost all of their total) deserves the MOM. We would have won this match if it were not for him.

thecoolestleo
January 18, 2005, 10:33 AM
May be Taibu 's captency was another point which impressed the officials.
His temperment , leadership quality , fighting spirit and killer instinct were simply outstanding . Its rare to expect such quality from a young kid even Bashar can learn lot of things from him. Bashar was superb also .We all learn from each other ..................
MOM and MOS for taibu is justified... We should appreciate that ..He will be my all time favorite player Except against BD.

Finally we made it and thats the bottom line ..............................

Warlock
January 18, 2005, 10:55 AM
Guys don't forget about Nafis. It's because of him we earned a draw today.

Mahmood
January 18, 2005, 11:31 AM
I am confused again. Bangladesher khela also shows Taibu as the MoS.

Click Here (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=11847&iCategoryID=1)

rafiq
January 18, 2005, 11:34 AM
crickinfo has made the change

Ahmed_B
January 18, 2005, 11:45 AM
Enam is MoS for sure..

And, frankly enough, Taibu deserves to be MoM
he is, after all, the highest scorer of the series and for him and only for him.. BD had to be restricted to a draw and could not have an easy win!
Taibu is a great player.. no doubt!

CTazim
January 18, 2005, 12:00 PM
I agree Taibu deserves to be the MoM - and if he didn't I would question the objectivity of the judges. He was instrumental from turning things around in the second innings for Zimbabwe from 37 for 4 to a respectable total and subsequently throwing a challenging total to Bangladesh to chase.

Mos for Enamul makes sense as well. Overall, the officials did their job satisfactorily error here and there were balanced for and against both teams.

Canada_R
January 18, 2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by tehsin
Mahanama was a batsmen himself. :)

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 1:49 PM GMT, by tehsin.

That says all! Excellent comment Tehsin. :bravo:

Huda
January 18, 2005, 12:26 PM
who was man of match in the test? just wanted to know

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 12:26 PM
taibu bhaiya

bondhu25
January 18, 2005, 12:31 PM
MOS is Enamul Jnr.. Source http://live.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/ZIM_IN_BDESH/SCORECARDS/ZIM_BDESH_T2_14-18JAN2005.html

pagol-chagol
January 18, 2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
it would be mean of us to not want Taibu to get some recognition for his efforts to make this a highly competitive match (and his effort in both games).

Spot on.

If he didn't perform so well much of our satisfaction for winning this series would have been hollow.