PDA

View Full Version : Should Enamul+Rafiq play in every game regardless of the pitch or whatever.

pagol-chagol
January 18, 2005, 01:12 PM
We need to give Enamul the maximumu exposure to grow. Even if we lose more badly it might still be worth it.

Team growth is a long process.

What do you think?

Spitfire_x86
January 18, 2005, 02:13 PM
I don't think playing 2 spinners in England will be a good idea. He can play in the subcontinent tours and home serieses for a while, this will give him enough exposure for a while.

Rafique will have to retire sooner or later. Enamul is still very young. He will get plenty time to gather more and more experience later.

Edited on, January 18, 2005, 7:14 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

pagol-chagol
January 18, 2005, 02:20 PM
5 years from now when we will be able to give England a competitive series in their ground, wouldn't you wish then that our main weapon had some more experience bowling in their pitch?

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2005, 02:27 PM
enamul will probably have the same luck as macgill for the next few years, except that in this case rafique is the automatic choice because of performance and not because of name only.

Spitfire_x86
January 18, 2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
5 years from now when we will be able to give England a competitive series in their ground, wouldn't you wish then that our main weapon had some more experience bowling in their pitch?
He will be more matured then, and this will probably help him to adopt himself quickly into new conditions.

BangladeshFan
January 18, 2005, 04:17 PM
for tests Rafiq and Enamul should always be selected regardless of the pitch......... the reason is simply Bangladesh dont have 3 quality pacers to get test wickets.Enamul is a major weapon on 5th day test wickets and Rafiq is good when the pitch is flat.

For one dayers Enamul should be replaced with Rana, since enamul loop will be taken for runs and rana is flatter and better batsman.:flag:

sham1980
January 18, 2005, 06:24 PM
I think Rafique automatic choice now, Enamul should only play at home or spin friendly pitches till he gets more experienced. We dont wanna ruin his confidence. Because I saw him play on Non spin pictches was not useful at all.

IanW
January 19, 2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
for tests Rafiq and Enamul should always be selected regardless of the pitch......... the reason is simply Bangladesh dont have 3 quality pacers to get test wickets.Enamul is a major weapon on 5th day test wickets and Rafiq is good when the pitch is flat.

Yep. Play your best bowlers.

As an aside, slow left armers have historically been quite successful in England - Derek Underwood is a name that comes to mind, and Tony Lock and indeed Hedley Verity.

Am I saying we can put Rafique or Haque in that company ? No.

But I do call for them try and join it.

Ian Whitchurch

Warlock
January 19, 2005, 05:40 AM
Actually, good spinners have done pretty well in England. Pakistan national team reject Mushtaq Ahmed was one of the highest wicket-taker in the county league couple of years(?) ago. English players are suited to fast-bowling assiting pitches. That's why they have good fast bowlers like Harmison, and ordinary (taking a leaf out of Nafis Iqbal's book) spinners like Giles. On the other hand, they are pretty weak against quality spin as they don't have good spinners themselves. Therefore, a two-headed spin attack might prove useful.
Besides, Enamul is probably our best bowler at the moment (and if you believe Richard McInnes- our best bowler for a long time in the future). No good logic to rest your best bowler when you are going to play a test-cricket.
Pakistan legend Imran Khan said, a test team must have a leg-spinner. He went on to great lengths to prove that point by picking up Abdul Qadir everytime. In fact, Qadir also have a very good record against England in England. Trusting Enamul's ability to turn the ball in any kind of pitch, I think we must play him alongside Rafiq.

Zobair
January 19, 2005, 08:00 AM
Enamul had a pretty good tour of England if I recall correctly. He thrives on spin and bounce. I think he will get some spin and definitely lots of bounce. I think he should definitely tour, and deserves a permanent spot on the test squad. Rafique comes ahead of him, for me, in the ODI squad because of Rafique's tight line and good economy rate and his proven batting abilities.

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by pompous
Enamul had a pretty good tour of England if I recall correctly. He thrives on spin and bounce. I think he will get some spin and definitely lots of bounce. I think he should definitely tour, and deserves a permanent spot on the test squad. Rafique comes ahead of him, for me, in the ODI squad because of Rafique's tight line and good economy rate and his proven batting abilities.

Are you proposing dropping rafique for enamul in tests?

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2005, 09:45 AM
or playing both of them together?

bourny3
January 20, 2005, 06:33 AM
Both together wont happen out of the subcontinent. Unless it is a really spinner friendly pitch like Sydney. But Enamul will play in Sub continent with Rafique.

banglafan
January 20, 2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
enamul will probably have the same luck as macgill for the next few years, except that in this case rafique is the automatic choice because of performance and not because of name only.

Isn't this a bit too much? MacGill/Warne comparison with Enam/Rafiq? And do you mean Warne is in, just because of name? :bravo:

AsifTheManRahman
January 20, 2005, 04:25 PM
yes warne is in just because of name - macgill's a lot better leggie than him.

as for the comparison - well of course these two are not as good as the aussies, but well, you get the sense, don't you? :)

AsifTheManRahman
January 20, 2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by bourny3
Both together wont happen out of the subcontinent. Unless it is a really spinner friendly pitch like Sydney. But Enamul will play in Sub continent with Rafique.

only against non subcontinent opponents. i dont think playing two sla's will be very effective against the paks, indos and lankans.

bourny3
January 21, 2005, 07:44 PM
Well Rafique got 5 fors against Indos.

Haradhon
January 21, 2005, 11:52 PM
If we had only one spinner in the team, it is Rafiq. Enamul, Jr. has established his position as the second best.

cricketfan
January 22, 2005, 12:30 AM
In England, the pitches will be tailormade for seam bowling in May,June- so playing three seamers and one SLA will be much more appropriate.

Edited on, January 22, 2005, 5:32 AM GMT, by cricketfan.

amra_korbo_joy
January 22, 2005, 02:08 AM
yes