PDA

View Full Version : Another BD victory!

Tiger till I die
January 19, 2005, 02:41 PM
guys, don't know whether you have noticed. The Rahul Bhatia bulletin on the final day of the Dhaka test on cricinfo has been edited. The new fresh version does not have all the negative comments he made. Perhaps this has got something to do with our outrage or Rabid Imam's virdict or whatevr. The point is BD beat India once again!:fanflag:

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2005, 02:49 PM
yes, i noticed that too, but wasn't sure, so didn't post the link. however, i don't think bd beat india again - it's just that the minnow bashers have got a taste of their own weapon once again.

Blah
January 19, 2005, 07:57 PM
good observation. never thought this was possible. When was the last time a bulletin in cricinfo was changed after the final draft? I guess never.

However I dont think we should take this too seriously. It shouldnt matter too much to us what cricinfo has to say about BD cricket. BD cricketers don't play to please journalists, they play for their country.

Cheers to another series win!
Blah:flag:

akabir77
January 19, 2005, 08:37 PM
Also they mentioned in the scorecard that Taibu was man of the series and they changed that tooo. Shatti Celikus ki bichitro ai CRICINFO!!!

Sham
January 19, 2005, 08:53 PM
i'm so glad they changed that. sense prevails at cricinfo. that bhatia piece was outrageous to say the least, suggesting that there is something wrong with our mental approach after batting for 142 overs on the fourth and fifth day to draw a test match that we were more than likely to lose. what nerve!

Ibrahim
January 19, 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tiger till I die
The Rahul Bhatia bulletin on the final day of the Dhaka test on cricinfo has been edited.

Glad to know that CricInfo have changed that article. After reading the other thread I politely wrote an email to CricInfo and also gave the link of our thread just to let them know our (BD fans) reaction. I think not only me couple of other BC members also did the same thing. For sure, it worked.

Please please everybody keep in touch with the popular media and let them know our opinion in a very gentle and polite way. And then we can control the media

Blah
January 19, 2005, 09:15 PM
I am sure Ibrahim, you didn'y mean to say, "control the media". :)

blah:flag:

PoorFan
January 19, 2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Ibrahim
Originally posted by Tiger till I die
The Rahul Bhatia bulletin on the final day of the Dhaka test on cricinfo has been edited.

Glad to know that CricInfo have changed that article. After reading the other thread I politely wrote an email to CricInfo and also gave the link of our thread just to let them know our (BD fans) reaction. I think not only me couple of other BC members also did the same thing. For sure, it worked.

Please please everybody keep in touch with the popular media and let them know our opinion in a very gentle and polite way. And then we can control the media
All is good except the last one.

Ibrahim
January 19, 2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Blah
I am sure Ibrahim, you didn'y mean to say, "control the media". :)

blah:flag:

At present, media controls people, but I think mass people should control media.